• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash bros needs more girls? Why

Status
Not open for further replies.

andimidna

Smash Master
Fans can't confirm that it's an assist trophy. They don't work for Nintendo so they don't know s*** n__n
Her animation next to the Assist trophy matches Brawl's

I mean, it's not like it wasn't already the most reasonable answer to what it was before it was "confirmed."
It's kind of the general thought of what it is regardless of knowledge on the animation.
I see most people saying PZ is an assist and Zelda is doing a taunt next to it.
It makes no sense to show a playable character in a screenshot before they're revealed.
If Toon Zelda is playable it will be alongside Tetra, Tetra is the more prominent of the 3 IMO

And I could totally make the best of Toon Zelda/ Tetra as clones of Zelda and Sheik
Since they're my mains, I'd be kind of happy even.
Disappointed that it wasn't another Zelda character, but I love female additions, so they'd be in my top 5 mains.
If there's any character I want to get a clone of on the roster it's Zelda. I love Zelda.

I could see Kachi from Sin and Punishment happening
Guns, Deadly Legs, Hoverboard, Alien, Hell Yes
Kachi is actually in a pretty interesting situation.
Saki is the main protagonist of the first game.
Isa is the main protagonist of the second game.
But Kachi was actually in both games. As Achi, the main villain of the first game, and the secondary protagonist of the second game.
If they were to add a Sin and Punishment character, I honestly think they'd add Saki first. Then Isa. And Kachi would be the 3rd pick. But she does have her merits, it's definitely an interesting situation.
(disclaimer- haven't played a game in the series, all of this has been told to me so I may be wrong)

I don't see Bayonetta happening
I could see Bayonetta happening. Nintendo hasn't been close with many 3rd parties recently. With the exception being Sega (and a few less notable ones). The moveset potential is off the charts.

Palutena
Dixie Kong
Toon Zelda
Lip
Bayonetta

These seem like the only possible female characters to add that are left
I see many more than this as possibilities.
But these all seem good. I already said my doubts for Toon Zelda, but Palutena and Dixie are the most likely, and Lip and Bayonetta would be great additions too.
Don't forget:
Mario- none.
Yoshi- none.
Wario- Mona and Captain Syrup
DK- (you said Dixie)
Zelda- Midna, Impa, and Tetra
Starfox- Krystal
Metroid- none.
F-Zero- none.
Fire Emblem- Anna, Tiki, Micaiah, Robin, Lyn, Lucina, Tharja!
(A Fire Emblem female is actually very likely, I'm surprised you mentioned none)
Kirby- none.
Pokemon- too confusing.
Kid Icarus- (you said Palutena) and Medusa
Animal Crossing- Isabelle
Captain Rainbow Various- (you said Lip), Hikari (can't think of any more at the moment?)
3rd party- (you said Bayonetta)

Last edited:

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
Sorry I'll list more females who can have a chance

Krystal - Starfox
Anna - Fire Emblem
Lucina - Fire Emblem
Lip - Panel De Pon
Bayonetta - Bayonetta
Style Savvy Manager - Style Savvy
Mona - WarioWare
MB(Melissa) - Metroid
Toon Zelda/Tetra - The Legend of Zelda
Dixie Kong - Donkey Kong
Palutena - Kid Icarus
Bubbles - Clu Clu Land
Medusa - Kid Icarus
Pokemon Trainer(female alt) - Pokemon
Villager(female alt) - Animal Crossing
Mii - Mii series
Impa - The Legend of Zelda

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Sorry I'll list more females who can have a chance

Krystal - Starfox
Anna - Fire Emblem
Lucina - Fire Emblem
Lip - Panel De Pon
Bayonetta - Bayonetta
Style Savvy Manager - Style Savvy
Mona - WarioWare
MB(Melissa) - Metroid
Toon Zelda/Tetra - The Legend of Zelda
Dixie Kong - Donkey Kong
Palutena - Kid Icarus
Bubbles - Clu Clu Land
Medusa - Kid Icarus
Pokemon Trainer(female alt) - Pokemon
Villager(female alt) - Animal Crossing
Mii - Mii series
Impa - The Legend of Zelda
Huh. I didn't know anybody else actually wanted MB/Melissa.
She's actually among my most wanted, I think she's possible if Metroid gets 2 newcomers.
She has no chance over Ridley though.
I've never considered Style Savvy Manager... is that 1st party?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
People want MB? Whoa, whoa, whoa.

I mean I know we need more female characters, but let's not lose our heads here. Dixie+Palutena+Telda+the ones we have sounds fine. (I'd also settle for Mona.)

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Kachi is actually in a pretty interesting situation.
Saki is the main protagonist of the first game.
Isa is the main protagonist of the second game.
But Kachi was actually in both games. As Achi, the main villain of the first game, and the secondary protagonist of the second game.
If they were to add a Sin and Punishment character, I honestly think they'd add Saki first. Then Isa. And Kachi would be the 3rd pick. But she does have her merits, it's definitely an interesting situation.
(disclaimer- haven't played a game in the series, all of this has been told to me so I may be wrong)
Oh, Well Isa and Kachi can pretty much do the same things Saki can do in terms of gameplay.
But Saki doesn't have a hover-board/Football that let's him fly like Kachi and Isa.
Kachi lacks a beam sword, she just kicks away missles and the like, Kachi can automatically lock-on to targets and fire at multiple enemies while Isa uses manual-fire attacks, able to switch between manual aim and lock-on aim for single targets.
Not sure what Saki's thing is.
Saki and Isa can also transform into Ruffians which look like (At Least Isa's) weird alien looking things with incredible thighs, so there's a final Smash for those two, not fully sure what Kachi would do...

Last edited:

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
Huh. I didn't know anybody else actually wanted MB/Melissa.
She's actually among my most wanted, I think she's possible if Metroid gets 2 newcomers.
She has no chance over Ridley though.
I've never considered Style Savvy Manager... is that 1st party?
Style Savvy is Infact a 1st party game. So she's Style Savvy Manager is eligible. I remember people said that the Japanese think she could have a chance if sakurai decides to add more strange casual based characters. And unlike nintendog style savvy manager is a human so she can get a workable moveset lol

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Not gonna lie, Style Savvy Manager would make a hilarious WTF character, especially if she has an attack that could give opponents makeovers. At the very least, I think a Style Savvy runway stage would be pretty cool.

Last edited:

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
Not gonna lie, Style Savvy Manager would make a hilarious WTF character, especially if she has an attack that could give opponents makeovers. At the very least, I think a Style Savvy runway stage would be pretty cool.
I would love to see style savvy representation. Style savvy sold extremely well for a new series and it's nintendo's way of making a game for it's female fans.

If style savvy manager is playable I'd go crazy cause I'd be laughing and loving it.

If not playable I hope she could be an assist or the Runway becomes a stage at the very least :)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I would love to see style savvy representation. Style savvy sold extremely well for a new series and it's nintendo's way of making a game for it's female fans.

If style savvy manager is playable I'd go crazy cause I'd be laughing and loving it.

If not playable I hope she could be an assist or the Runway becomes a stage at the very least :)
Can anyone fill me in, did the Style Manager or whatever they were called actually have a picture/model in game? Or is there another character who could represent it?

andimidna

Smash Master
Can anyone fill me in, did the Style Manager or whatever they were called actually have a picture/model in game? Or is there another character who could represent it?

I don't know about a manager.
But for marketing purposes, it may be best to chose the design on the front cover, thinking of it as the generic or default design.
Not sure if you make an avatar in the game, but it sounds like the kind of game where you would.

I have a question: Is the character you play as the manager? That would make sense to me, but other than that, the avatar character would get in before a manager.

I think if they wanted a girl to represent the game they'd chose the design on the front of the box of the most recent game. So the one with dark hair on the 3ds box would be the choice. And if you can have a male avatar in the game, the guy next to her as an alt?

I know nothing about the series but would be interested in a character from the game making it.

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69

I don't know about a manager.
But for marketing purposes, it may be best to chose the design on the front cover, thinking of it as the generic or default design.
Not sure if you make an avatar in the game, but it sounds like the kind of game where you would.

I have a question: Is the character you play as the manager? That would make sense to me, but other than that, the avatar character would get in before a manager.

I think if they wanted a girl to represent the game they'd chose the design on the front of the box of the most recent game. So the one with dark hair on the 3ds box would be the choice. And if you can have a male avatar in the game, the guy next to her as an alt?

I know nothing about the series but would be interested in a character from the game making it.
Unlike wii fit there isn't a male style savvy manager/shop keeper. There is only a female one. So if she's added there wouldn't be a male alt cause there is only a female one.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Oh my god I would love a Style Savvy character SO VERY MUCH

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I see a good number of these suggestions as possible.

For a fifth Zelda rep, I could only really see it being Impa, as a means of separating Sheik from Zelda, and making each a more independent character. This is, of course, if the fifth chracter is female. I see absolutely no reason Tetra, nor Toon Zelda, make any sense whatsoever. Paper Mario is not even guaranteed a spot, and we think that a toon version of a female character we have never played as in a main series game... makes more sense. Wishful and hapless thinking in my eyes. Vaati would be my choice overall, a villain, a sorcerer, and a Toon counterpart.

Dixie.. is likely. Sure, I think K Rool is much more likely, and dont see his lack of inclusion in current games of any importance seeing as the roster is almost entirely made up of who fans want, and more importantly, who Sakurai wants (this being the ultimate reason characters are included, as he wants to please fans without fully servicing them), but- who could really say. I'd eventually like to see them both, when the roster is large enough to make four characters for DK fair, but for now I suppose not.

For Yoshi, Kamek. I think Kamek would be a fantastic character, a villain, she is a very Yoshi character, and also flies, AND is a magician. Yay.

Palutena, in my head, is already in. The only real thing that may keep her out is Sakurai not wanting to include characters from his own games, to not be seen as unfair.. ya know, the same reason he stated it took three games for Metaknight and Dedede to be added.

Fire Emblem. If it gets a third, it will be female.

WFT, Villager, Pokemon Trainer- these are some of the characters that easily could have skins.

Some may consider this unlikely but I think a fantastic character would be Cooking Mama, who, despite being less of a viable option this go round, caters to a largely neglected audience in demographic, has a huge series of games, and would be fun for representation.

Lastly, we have Kazooie. She is super unlikely, some say impossible, but I still hope, somehow. Super shock to all, and would be very welcomed.

Last edited:

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69

For a fifth Zelda rep, I could only really see it being Impa, as a means of separating Sheik from Zelda, and making each a more independent character. This is, of course, if the fifth chracter is female. I see absolutely no reason Tetra, nor Toon Zelda, make any sense whatsoever. Paper Mario is not even guaranteed a spot, and we think that a toon version of a female character we have never played as in a main series game... makes more sense. Wishful and hapless thinking in my eyes. Vaati would be my choice overall, a villain, a sorcerer, and a Toon counterpart.

Dixie.. is likely. Sure, I think K Rool is much more likely, and dont see his lack of inclusion in current games of any importance seeing as the roster is almost entirely made up of who fans want, and more importantly, who Sakurai wants (this being the ultimate reason characters are included, as he wants to please fans without fully servicing them), but- who could really say. I'd eventually like to see them both, when the roster is large enough to make four characters for DK fair, but for now I suppose not.

For Yoshi, Kamek. I think Kamek would be a fantastic character, a villain, she is a very Yoshi character, and also flies, AND is a magician. Yay.

WFT, Villager, Pokemon Trainer- these are some of the characters that easily could have skins.

Some may consider this unlikely but I think a fantastic character would be Cooking Mama, who, despite being less of a viable option this go round, caters to a largely neglected audience in demographic, has a huge series of games, and would be fun for representation.

Lastly, we have Kazooie. She is super unlikely, some say impossible, but I still hope, somehow. Super shock to all, and would be very welcomed.
I would main cooking mama in a heartbeat! The memes from mama alone will cause a S***Storm on the internet

andimidna

Smash Master

Sheik is basically confirmed to stay with Zelda.

Impa would hopefully have the magic based attacks from Skyward Sword.

Kamek is either male or genderless.
Kamella is his/it's female counterpart.
It wouldn't have a female counterpart if it was a girl.

Chrom is the most likely 3rd FE rep. But a 4th that's a female is more likely than not in my eyes.
Not sure why you'd consider Vaati and not Midna.
Both are struggling over the same problem, but Midna is more popular among the Zelda fans.
I don't see Impa happening just because she's important. Because she has no fanbase, but she's still in my top 20.
I honestly think Ghirahim is pretty likely.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Style Savvy is Infact a 1st party game. So she's Style Savvy Manager is eligible. I remember people said that the Japanese think she could have a chance if sakurai decides to add more strange casual based characters. And unlike nintendog style savvy manager is a human so she can get a workable moveset lol
I'm surprised that no one (especially you) haven't made a support topic for the Style Savvy girl. That would be another WTF character I would support since Miss Fit does need some competition.

I like how ever since Kamek had a voice, everyone keeps mistakening him for a girl. XD

Last edited:

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
I'm surprised that no one (especially you) haven't made a support topic for the Style Savvy girl. That would be another WTF character I would support since Miss Fit does need some competition.

I like how ever since Kamek had a voice, everyone keeps mistakening him for a girl. XD
I would love to make a style savvy support thread but I suck at making threads and I don't have a computer :(

I'm hoping someone would make a style savvy girl thread. I would hop in in a heartbeat! :)

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Actually I LOVE MB (Melissa Bergman) ♥
She is perfection!

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Sheik is basically confirmed to stay with Zelda.

Impa would hopefully have the magic based attacks from Skyward Sword.

Kamek is either male or genderless.
Kamella is his/it's female counterpart.
It wouldn't have a female counterpart if it was a girl.

Chrom is the most likely 3rd FE rep. But a 4th that's a female is more likely than not in my eyes.
Not sure why you'd consider Vaati and not Midna.
Both are struggling over the same problem, but Midna is more popular among the Zelda fans.
I don't see Impa happening just because she's important. Because she has no fanbase, but she's still in my top 20.
I honestly think Ghirahim is pretty likely.
I still hope our 3rd rep for Fire Emblem is Micaiah as I find her more interesting, Chrom is kinda boring to me. He's just another blue haired swordsman.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
I still hope our 3rd rep for Fire Emblem is Micaiah as I find her more interesting, Chrom is kinda boring to me. He's just another blue haired swordsman.
Or Robin, you know. Non blue haired, non swordsman, could be female.

andimidna

Smash Master
I honestly find Chrom more interesting than Robin.
I don't care for any avatar, really.
I like some... but not usually.
My most wanted FE character is Tiki.
Gotta love green haired girls. And she's a Manakete. Pretty baddass. Plus she's been playable more than Ike, Roy, and Chrom combined.
Then Anna and Lucina.
Anna is in every game but Gaiden. And was playable in Awakening. A trickster moveset or a lance would be interesting.
I like Lucina, I'd want her beside Chrom. That team would be amazing IMO.
The only other FE characters I'd like to see are Robin, Micaiah, and Lyn.
If one is chosen that is not one of those 7... damn.
I really don't want Roy back. He's a clone, and is bound to be a clone again. No thanks. That would just make Fire Emblem look bad. There are so many more playstyles to represent that swordsman.
Marth, Ike, Chrom, Roy is probably my least favorite Fire Emblem roster, and I see it somewhat commonly.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Or Robin, you know. Non blue haired, non swordsman, could be female.
Honestly I find "My Unit" even less interesting than Chrom. If Awakening gets a rep i'd prefer Lucina.

I'd prefer the Fire Emblem cast to be Marth, Lucina and Micaiah. But more expect Marth, Chrom and Micaiah.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
I would love to make a style savvy support thread but I suck at making threads and I don't have a computer :(

I'm hoping someone would make a style savvy girl thread. I would hop in in a heartbeat! :)
Oh what the hell, I'll give it a go.
So it's the "Style Manager"? or was there a recurring character / model girl?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Oh yeah, I plan to make a Style Savvy character thread as soon as Dr. Kawashima is confirmed. :p
I actually thought about the idea before.
She has too much potential as a character.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Oh yeah, I plan to make a Style Savvy character thread as soon as Dr. Kawashima is confirmed. :p
I actually thought about the idea before.
She has too much potential as a character.
Perhaps a gimmick that involves changing outfits for affecting her stats would be something unique to her playstyle.

Oh what the hell, I'll give it a go.
So it's the "Style Manager"? or was there a recurring character / model girl?
The only reoccurring characters are Dominic and a few others, but the Style Manager from Trendsetters would be the best playable option.

Last edited:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
I'm having trouble thinking of an Up B and a Final Smash...

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
For a Final Smash she should give the whole cast makeovers that somehow do damage and change your color scheme.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Uhh that is.... a suggestion all right.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'm having trouble thinking of an Up B and a Final Smash...
For the Up Special, the blue bird from the studio menu (the first Style Savvy) could carry her into the theiair. Another suggestion would be warping with rose petals (since rose petals would surround the character you design outfits for in the first Style Savvy).

Another Final Smash idea suggestion would be a cinematic one involving posing on the runway as massive camera flashes damage nearby foes.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
For the Up Special, the blue bird from the studio menu (the first Style Savvy) could carry her into the theiair. Another suggestion would be warping with rose petals (since rose petals would surround the character you design outfits for in the first Style Savvy).

Another Final Smash idea suggestion would be a cinematic one involving posing on the runway as massive camera flashes damage nearby foes.
http://smashboards.com/threads/style-master-opens-up-shop.351124/

Boosh

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Sheik and Zero Suit Samus return, now as their own characters.

With that in mind we've got
Samus
Peach
Zelda
Sheik
Zero Suit Samus
Wii Fit Trainer
Rosalina

7 ladies in total now. I think the gender gap is closing.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Even though pokemon don't count in the whole gender thing, I'm gonna be calling Greninja a "she" cause whenever I saw the Kalos Trainer suggested it was always Selena.
Also and mainly because I want to.

BBG|Scott-Spain

Smash Journeyman
Sheik and Zero Suit Samus return, now as their own characters.

With that in mind we've got
Samus
Peach
Zelda
Sheik
Zero Suit Samus
Wii Fit Trainer
Rosalina

7 ladies in total now. I think the gender gap is closing.
Indeed. Nintendo knows everyone wants more female characters in all their games and are doing what they can to address it. Plus, I'm pretty positive this isn't all the female fighters.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
C'mon cooking mama!
Ice Climbers still feels like a cheat... but if Pokemon and genderless-looking suits/robes apply, I suppose that its fine, as..... she is um... pink?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I hope we at least have ten females (not counting IC). The other three would be Palutena, Lip or Hikari (With Donbe?), and a FE Character
Dixie still seems likelier than your latter two/three.

I do hope we get the female Avatar though, that'd be a nice change for FE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom