• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Brawl Icon Discovery

Chepe

Smash Lord
Yup...weird how that came about, too...I guess CF is returning (not that there was any doubt). Seriously, though, does he only get additional rep by an item for a few seconds??? Something tells me that they're going to start selling this game in a bundle with Wii AR because everyone is going to want to have one...
Not likely. I dont remember anyone being able to use an AR to control a Pokemon in Melee... Since Goroh has only one attack animation, consider him a Pokemon as well...

lol, "Goroh, I choose you!"

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
Not likely. I dont remember anyone being able to use an AR to control a Pokemon in Melee... Since Goroh has only one attack animation, consider him a Pokemon as well...

lol, "Goroh, I choose you!"
I've seen Sandbag given Captain Falcon's moveset, perhaps Goroh could be hacked with the moves of a playable character.

BTW & FYI, Dr. Wright has no personalized symbol.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Well here's the thing. Since Melee only had 14 franchises (not counting the Smash Bros. symbol) Also, consider Snake is in the game. Here's what I think the list might turn out if at least one character from each series return. The inputted (lol) series I put are in blue.

1.Smash Bros.
2.DK series
3.Fox series
4.Kirby Series
5.F-Zero series
6.Metroid Series
7.Earthbound series
8.Pokemon Series
9. Zelda Series
10. Mario series
11.Yoshi series
12.Fire Emblem series
13.Ice Climbers
14.Game & Watch series
15. Metal Gear Solid series
16.Wario symbol
18.Pit's Symbol

That means, AT LEAST one more franchise is going to be included.

ZeldaFox38

Smash Lord
Wow. Good catch! (Why didn't I think of that? Lol!)

I'm almost wondering why Nintendo is doing the numbering system. You think there'd be a better way to hide the game's details. Then again, it's just easier to stick icons in by numbers. Hmm . . .

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette

I'm almost wondering why Nintendo is doing the numbering system. You think there'd be a better way to hide the game's details. Then again, it's just easier to stick icons in by numbers. Hmm . . .
They're obviously using number to create even more hype. If they just used the name, we wouldn't have this thread speculating over filenames.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Having trouble understanding, but the words in your sig are as hot as hell :)
The series I listed (with the excpetion of Metal Gear) haven't been shown in anyway, shape, or form, to be in Brawl yet. Of course, assuming that they are in, that will mean there will AT LEAST one more representation of a series (since the 17th slot remained unfilled)

And thank you, I like that song as well.

Brockman5

Smash Ace

Id think that they didnt care about hiding it because they very obviously could...

SonicMario

Smash Master
I thought Ice Climbers were confirmed not to return. Anyways, if the number goes to 18. This does not mean that it only goes up to 18. If the franchises are in different order, anytime Mr. Smash Bros. could add a 19 or a 21 for all we care.

Xanderous

Smash Lord
I thought Ice Climbers were confirmed not to return. Anyways, if the number goes to 18. This does not mean that it only goes up to 18. If the franchises are in different order, anytime Mr. Smash Bros. could add a 19 or a 21 for all we care.
Where do you get your confirmations, Gamefaqs? Nothing has been confirmed about the Ice Climbers.

And I don't see why we all think 18 is the magic number.

WhiteZER0

Smash Apprentice
It is said that Mr. G&W, Pichu, The Iceclimbers, and Roy/Marth are to be in a Trailer that shows them being 'Eliminated'. Though, it is not confirmed, so we cannot just go off pure speculation... though leaks HAVE made it's way through Nintendo at one point or another.

Anyways, on topic: 18 different Franchises sounds like a good amount... as long as their are enough characters in each Franchise for Brawl...

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
It is said that Mr. G&W, Pichu, The Iceclimbers, and Roy/Marth are to be in a Trailer that shows them being 'Eliminated'. Though, it is not confirmed, so we cannot just go off pure speculation... though leaks HAVE made it's way through Nintendo at one point or another.
There's no way. A trailer is supposed to hype an upcoming game, which means that the overall message of the trailer has to be positive. A trailer that shows content NOT BEING ADDED to a game would be a very stupid trailer indeed. Besides, the idea that THREE unique characters (Iceclimbers, G&W, and Marth) will get cut but Dr. Mario won't, well... I guess that's why they're called rumors.

Anyway, on topic, I'd say there's at least one new series that will be added to the smash roster for Brawl: the Pikmin series.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Did anyone notice something different?

I mean, what the passion of the Christ? Is Sakurai actually screwing with us?

WhiteZER0

Smash Apprentice
There's no way. A trailer is supposed to hype an upcoming game, which means that the overall message of the trailer has to be positive. A trailer that shows content NOT BEING ADDED to a game would be a very stupid trailer indeed. Besides, the idea that THREE unique characters (Iceclimbers, G&W, and Marth) will get cut but Dr. Mario won't, well... I guess that's why they're called rumors.

Anyway, on topic, I'd say there's at least one new series that will be added to the smash roster for Brawl: the Pikmin series.
Oh, I think you misunderstand me. Like, it would be a several second clip that is shown before the MAIN event.

And... well, Sakurai could be doing just that XD

Inkslinger

Smash Ace
Gary, maybe that represents pokemon from different eras? The first icon meaning it's one from the newer generations the second one for pikachu (and maybe jiggs).

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
I noticed that this morning, and thought the update was going to be Pokémon stadium.
Anyway, I'm happy that they changed the Pokémon icon, I've been hoping that they would. I'm also happy to see they're not afraid to update stuff. Hopefully they'll change Wario's and Donkey Kong's.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Did anyone notice something different?

I mean, what the passion of the Christ? Is Sakurai actually screwing with us?
yeah man, i noticed that too! i thought my computer was off whack, but they seem to be changing some of the emblems. i mean look at mario's symbol now

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
hmmm maybe Sakurai figured some the emblems needed to be revamped a little bit, i actually like Mario's new one slightly better

Nacreloo

Smash Rookie
there was the 21-image limit apparently.

anyways, I see the Triforce has remained the same. surprise, surprise...

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
with dk and snake factored in, that gives us AT LEAST 5 more icons.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
ah, that's why the pokeball looks diffrent. it's inversed colors. it's not upside down like i thought it was, it's just the bottom is a darker color on the site. now i get it.

but DK's symbol is cool. it looks a little tweaked from melee. it's more...how can i put this...wider and more monkeyish looking

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Someone over at DKVine might have figured the whol thing out. For most of the series, it's in alphabetical order by the Japanese names of the main characters who debuted in the FIRST Smash Bros. game.

01: Dairantō Smash Brothers (Super Smash Bros.) (Or it could be first because Brawl itself is a Smash Bros. game)
02: Donkī Kongu (Donkey Kong)
03: Fokkusu (Star Fox)
04: Hoshi no Kābii/Kābii (Kirby)
05: Kyaputen Farukon (F-Zero)
06: Metoroido
07: ??? (Most likely will be Mother/Earthbound)
08: Pokemon/Poketto Monsutā
09: Rinku (Zelda)
10: Sūpā Mario (Super Mario)
11: Yosshī (Yoshi)

And if it this is true that means that numbers 12-14 are actually the icons of those who first appeared in Melee (appears in Red) While 15-18 are icons for those who first appeared in Brawl.
12: Fire Emblem
13: Ice Climbers
14: Game & Watch
15:
16: Wario
17:
18: Kid Icarus

It means that there could be 2 more Franchises joining the Brawl. Or maybe one unless Snake and other third party characters are someone else

Edit: Got the 21 image thing confused.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
Are you serious?
The 21 image limit is a FORUM rule that only allows 21 images to be in a single post.
Come on, now.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Oops. My bad. lol

Hey I got confused. Cut me some slack. I'm trying to figure this out like the rest of you

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
It means that there could be 2 more Franchises joining the Brawl. Or maybe one unless Snake and other third party characters are someone else
you got to remember that since snake has his own symbol that probably means third party will get their own too. that leaves 3, along with the 2 still left, that could mean up to 5 more franchises are still in wait

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Someone over at DKVine might have figured the whol thing out. For most of the series, it's in alphabetical order by the Japanese names of the main characters who debuted in the FIRST Smash Bros. game.

01: Dairantō Smash Brothers (Super Smash Bros.) (Or it could be first because Brawl itself is a Smash Bros. game)
02: Donkī Kongu (Donkey Kong)
03: Fokkusu (Star Fox)
04: Hoshi no Kābii/Kābii (Kirby)
05: Kyaputen Farukon (F-Zero)
06: Metoroido
07: ??? (Most likely will be Mother/Earthbound)
08: Pokemon/Poketto Monsutā
09: Rinku (Zelda)
10: Sūpā Mario (Super Mario)
11: Yosshī (Yoshi)
While it does seem to fit, if it's going by main characters in the series wouldn't that actually be Samus instead of Metroid?

Otherwise, if that other spot is the Mother series, then Ness would actually fit in there.

Top Bottom