• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Brawl Icon Discovery

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
It would be so funny if someone tha t works for Nintendo on the brawl site, that's in charge of data releasing, is constantly on these threads reading, either getting ideas, or figuring out their own mistakes. Now as they read this phone calls are being made all across Nintendo screaming, "They're on to us! Shut Down Dojo!"
Sorry everyone... :/

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Wait, does this mean that a character from the "Super Smash" series is going to be playable?!!?!?!!?!!?1!?!

McCloud_Master

Smash Apprentice
I think maybe the symbols are code. Like Sakurai puts these pics on the site hidden, the the creators of the other Language sites see that and know what kind of info to put up each day?

Thats so not possiable XD

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
master hand originated from the kirby series.
Nope. Kirby and the Amazing Mirror is the first game to have Master Hand. And guess what? Both Kirby and Super Smash Bros. originate from Sakurai.

It's a neat find, but you're all reading it wrong. It doesn't mean there are 18 games total. It means there are at least 18 games (well, 17, I guess, since the smash symbol is in there).
I think you're at least the fourth saying this. WE ALREADY KNOW.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
It's a neat find, but you're all reading it wrong. It doesn't mean there are 18 games total. It means there are at least 18 games (well, 17, I guess, since the smash symbol is in there).
Wrong, you're all reading this thread wrong. I'm pretty sure not even a single person has said that there'll only be 18 series.

pirkid

Smash Lord
Nope. Kirby and the Amazing Mirror is the first game to have Master Hand. And guess what? Both Kirby and Super Smash Bros. originate from Sakurai.

I think you're at least the fourth saying this. WE ALREADY KNOW.
Meh, Hal Laboratories is behind the whole thing.

jdironfist

Smash Cadet
Doesn't that mean that Master Hand originated from the Kirby series, just like samusrules93 said?

Twintail

Smash Cadet
The game came out after smash and actually included a "smash" costume for kirby which allowed him to use his smash bros. attacks, so master hand is a super smash original

Twintail

Smash Cadet
Well I suppose that makes since, if sakarai wanted to put his own creations in the game, I just remembered my friend showing me the game with the smash costume thing, I play kirby games but I don't pay alot of attention to the ones that I've missed, so if your right then your right!

burrito

Smash Lord
Master Hand definitely originates from Smash Bros. He was in Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, but that game was made after smash bros. There are no Kirby games before that one that had Master Hand.

Plus, when you fight Master Hand, his icon behind his health is the smash symbol. If he were from Kirby, it would show the Kirby symbol.

Pomfrod

Smash Apprentice
All of you are wrong. Here it is:

Wham Bam Rock, a boss made to look like an African fortune teller, blackface and all, was featured in Kirby's Superstar, on the SNES. It was a face, with two stone hands that have many of the same attacks as Master Hand/Crazy Hand.

That idea was used in SSB 64 and SSBM for Master and Crazy.

Then Amazing Mirror, GBA, took Kirby's amalgam of powers from SSBM back into the Kirby franchise as the "Smash" power.

That is all.

On topic: Way I see it, this only proves the inclusion of one new franchise. There are nine spots missing between 1 and 18. Wario and Snake already have their own symbols. If GW and IC's come back, that leaves five. DK, F-Zero, Earthbound, and Fire Emblem will more than likely return. That leaves one spot open at the minimum, right now, assuming 18 is the last number, which, of course, it isn't.

burrito

Smash Lord
All of you are wrong. Here it is:

Wham Bam Rock, a boss made to look like an African fortune teller, blackface and all, was featured in Kirby's Superstar, on the SNES. It was a face, with two stone hands that have many of the same attacks as Master Hand/Crazy Hand.
If you say so, but that was merely the inspiration for Master Hand. It wasn't the actual origin of Master Hand. So, I'm still right, Master hand originates from Super Smash Bros.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Doesn't that mean that Master Hand originated from the Kirby series, just like samusrules93 said?
Nope. Amazing Mirror indeed DID come out after Smash. That was the whole purpose of the post. I actually meant, the first game BESIDES Smash. If you knew the chronology, you would have known. Heck, even with Wikipedia, you could have known.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Master_Hand#Master_Hand

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
You people seem to have problems reading eachother's posts. You keep ignoring posts entirely and repeating things that have already been said.

Wikipedia is not a good reference during a debate. For concrete and absolute proof, check Master Hand's first appearance in its trophy.
Off-topic discussion: OVER!

Zabutur

Smash Apprentice
so? Wario's is 16.
for reasons unkown, I'm actually thinking that there will be 19 series as opposed to 18. just a thought.
I wonder wghat #2 is? we know the frist four, with 2 as an exception.

jdironfist

Smash Cadet
so? Wario's is 16.
for reasons unkown, I'm actually thinking that there will be 19 series as opposed to 18. just a thought.
I wonder wghat #2 is? we know the frist four, with 2 as an exception.
I would guess #2 is DK.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Looks like Captain Falcon takes spot numbe 5 guys.
Yup...weird how that came about, too...I guess CF is returning (not that there was any doubt). Seriously, though, does he only get additional rep by an item for a few seconds??? Something tells me that they're going to start selling this game in a bundle with Wii AR because everyone is going to want to have one...

Top Bottom