• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Horrible projectiles still gives her a better long-range game than a lot of the cast, that have no projectiles, or just medium-range ones. I'm looking at the list of characters left .... Samus' long-range beats, IMO: Marth, Wario, DK, ICs, Kirby, Luigi, CF, ZSS, Bowser, Ike, Jiggs, PT, Sonic, and Mario. That's a good amount... and I think I'm being rather generous, ex. to skip Olimar whose "projectile" is medium-range... and has bizarre properties.
What good is a long range game if it doesn't phase anyone? How strong is a long range game if Marth'll power right through/over those projectiles?

I hope they actually give a character a bad review for once!

Unfortunately anything I write pales in comparison to Overswarm, so I just hope he is an angreh man on the day of the write up =P
They said they won't be giving negative reviews, or something along those lines.
It's probably Samus....she has one of the best projectile games in the game. Intelligent use of missiles and super missiles will keep the enemy at bay with an occasional well timed charged shot. A seasoned veteran will make excellent use of the grapple beam (SH-grapple beam=stops many approaches) at mid-range. Short range, she does struggle, but d-tilt and d-smash are good options.
BS. If Samus has the best projectile game in the game, then Yoshi is top tier.

Popertop

Smash Champion
It's probably Samus....she has one of the best projectile games in the game. Intelligent use of missiles and super missiles will keep the enemy at bay with an occasional well timed charged shot. A seasoned veteran will make excellent use of the grapple beam (SH-grapple beam=stops many approaches) at mid-range. Short range, she does struggle, but d-tilt and d-smash are good options.
not really.
missle game is one-dimensional, and once you get the timing down zair is nothing.
just powershieldslide right through it.
charge shot is not that great.

Pink-eye

Smash Apprentice
ZSS samus has beastly air's, but is she really under estimaated, if so thats news to me, cause everyone i know (like in real life, not just SWF) says shes awsome, and thats alot of people. she also has several good kill moves, being: back air, side-B, down-B, forward and up air in some situations, and forward smash is good at like 140% and higher if not spammed, which no decent ZSS would ever spam her forward smash, being as it sucks. and she has a decent close game, with up, and down tilts

i think yoshi, peach or samus, like every one else says

S2

Smash Lord
I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being Sheik, since Zelda was the previous discussion and a lot of this stuff fits Sheik quite well.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
ZSS samus has beastly air's, but is she really under estimaated, if so thats news to me, cause everyone i know (like in real life, not just SWF) says shes awsome, and thats alot of people. she also has several good kill moves, being: back air, side-B, down-B, forward and up air in some situations, and forward smash is good at like 140% and higher if not spammed, which no decent ZSS would ever spam her forward smash, being as it sucks. and she has a decent close game, with up, and down tilts

i think yoshi, peach or samus, like every one else says
Underestimated because she's placed on low/bottom tier in every list, thus people think she sucks.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
I thought most had her in Mid, and I don't think I've ever seen her in bottom. Are you looking at Tier Discussion?
Mid-low-bottom, i should have said. Anyways, the ZSS boards are painfully empty most of the time compared to almost all of the other boards (except maybe Bowser and the rest of the "uncool" characters.)

Mmac

Smash Lord
Oh well. It practically came to Either Samus or Yoshi at the end.

Next one is obviously Yoshi though. I mean, just look at that them Manly Shoes n Saddle!

DarkKyanite

Smash Journeyman
those who didn't guess the samus right obviously never faced a good samus player b4.

and all the other 38 chars combine together's manliness < captain falcon

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
I STILL don't think she has a good long range game, but meh. =\

I guess they probably know more about this than I do, so meh.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Captain Falcon is emasculated by his scarf and new handling, Snake has already been discussed, Ike fights for his friends, Zero Suit is a chick, and spoilers it's not Marth, so next week is obviously Luigi.

AlexX

Smash Ace
SHIEK!

Naw, I'm just pullin' your chains. It's blatantly obvious that it's Captain Falcon.

Top Bottom