• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official + Smash 4 [VIC] General Thread - Next events: MILTIM 11 JUN, CWMELEE+PM 18 JUN, CW S4ROA 25 JUN

Danza

Smash Apprentice
not bad, the venue is way better than the previous one in Box Hill, so far for 3 tournaments i have been to, Brawl didn't act stupid to me, now i wonder that there could be problems with my Brawl because of all the hacks that have been used on it.

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
GG guys!

Was heaps fun

No shoutouts cuz I got knocked out straight away in both Melee and Brawl so I didn't get to vs anyone lol

My technical skills are no more ;_;

Also no Cao=dissapoint

Nido

ily Sebby
Oh today was lots of fun
GG to everyone I played (Where I lost 80% of my matches :c)
Steve and his Samus were the most infuriating matches I've ever played
Nicks, I've got a long way to go before I start beating you
Dekar it's a shame I left before I could battle you in friendlies
I think it was Toshiba, those were some hax matches

tibs7

Smash Champion
GG's guys except attila coz snake is like mk but worse.

redx: funny as always. next time if they kick you out for having a slurpee you should have a go at them. will be funny.
deks: madt playa. doesnt try still wins
earl: played way different in winners than in losers. everyone noticed it. anyway keep practicing.
splice: lol mk. versing different mk's is so weird, so use to earls MK that when i vs someone elses they normally do unsafe things which i dont really expect.... anyway. gg's
toshi: ill probs beat you next time in melee. i dont really understand what to do as falcon vs fox i need help :S
dean: needed more of you
jei: i like you mii the best. looks sooo much like you :) and it was lvl 4 so cool i need to keep bringing my 3ds :)
leish: funny as always. saw your match vs nicks. went right to wire good stuff.
nicks: gg's, just a bit to impatient. had the lead and was approaching me full on. next time
ledge: great guy. tanking in teams and whatnot. sorry i didnt really take it seriously. the next time we play together i will for sure gg's. your mk is to unsafe around diddy. i like it like that no campy stuff but campy is the better way for sure...
M: gg's sigh rob lol. havent seen ness in ages kinda miss it :S thanks for coming down
chaos?: i think his name is that playred samus and oli lol. samus was pretty good i didnt really know whtat to do but lucky diddy is pretty much the same for everything lol. gg's

good stuff guys. i defs want to play more melee. need to go to redacts house yuuppp
peace!

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Had a great time at my first real tourney, Hahzah!

Good number of friendlies :)
Got knocked out quick smart in brawls singles. *Looks at bracket, first round -Jei-*
Dangit lol, need to learn that Pit MU, dont think Toon Link camps well against him so went aggro haha. gg

Can't wait til next time :)

Thanks for the friendlies, I recall Nido, Mozart, Jezza. Went against Earl's(?) Icies, didnt realise who he was til he went MK against a Diddy (Tibs?)

Viva's Luigi Mario duo was fun to watch.

jezza_10

Smash Apprentice
Just got home. really good tourney, good atmosphere. it was nice to play a variety of people :) had loads of fun aswell. might not be able to attend the next tourney though.... :( a few shootouts to some people i played.

Ledge: i was talking to nicks before our brawl singles bracket, as soon as he said hes never beaten you in a bracket... i knew what i was up against. good games :)

Mozart: cool person to get along with and a brilliant wolf user, our singles bracket was really really close and im glad we could get time for some friendlies later on in the day. i think you should have more than one main though. :)

Viva: one again thanks for teaming with me, our mario and luigi team worked well together and i told you where to get free water :) lol not sure if ill be at next tourney for teams though.. and you knocked me out of the singles bracket hahaha good games too :D

Earl: had a few friendlies with you. still as awesome as ever, one day you should teach me how to do the ice climbers chain grab

Leisha and Meteor: good, fun and close doubles matches with viva and myself :) also good bunch of random friendlies with you guys aswell. was really fun :)

Dekar: awesome guy, finally got to play you in a few friendlies. im so wrapped. good games :)

Nicks: good to get along with and was good having a few friendlies with you. hope to play you alot more this year and hopefully in the bracket one time :)

that will do for now :D

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
good games everyone, had heaps of fun.

hope all the new people felt welcome, and hope they will all come again.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Couch Warriors Results

Brawl Singles

1st Atilla :snake: :popo:
2nd Tibs :diddy:
3rd Earl :metaknight: :popo:
4th Billy :gw: :metaknight:
5th Nicks :wario:
5th Ledge :metaknight: :diddy:
7th Leisha ::rob:
7th Dean :random:
9th Jei
9th Dekar
9th Meteor
9th Viva
13th Steve
13th RedX
13th Danza
13th Sebby
17th Nido
17th CM
17th Cobalt
17th Jack
17th Danza
17th Lochy
17th Jezza
17th Timic
25th Matt
25th Luke
25th Mota
25th Bus
25th Tom
25th 4bdn
25th mozart
25th Daniel

Brawl Doubles

1st Nicks + Earl
2nd Splice + Sebby
3rd Tibs + Ledge
4th Jei + Toshi
5th Leisha + Meteor
5th Attila + RedX
7th Tom + Lochie
7th Viva + Jezza
9th Nido + Luke
9th Bus + Matt
9th 4bdn + Mozart
9th Dean + Daniel
13th CM + Tom09
13th Jack + Jill

Melee Singles
1st Dekar
2nd Toshi
3rd Epic
4th Atticus
5th Earl
5th Redact
7th Timic
7th RedX
9th Tibs
9th Attila
9th Carlo
9th PCG
13th Nicks
13th Jei
13th Tak
13th Splice
17th Bus
17th Jack
17th Lochy
17th Lloyd
17th Alex
17th Cobalt
17th Splice
24th Matt
24th Tom
24th Miles
24th Jake

Melee Doubles

1st ????
2nd ????
3rd Toshi + Redact
4th RedX + Attila
5th Jei + Cobalt
5th Splice + Tak
7th Earl + Nicks
7th Emily + Timic
9th Tom + Lochie
9th Miles + Lloyd
9th Bus + Matt
9th Luke + Nido
13th Alex Homles
13th Tom09 + CM

Bowser D.X

Brawl Player
Sorry I that I wasn't able to come because of my brother. Bummer since I was really looking foward to playing Nido and his friend and Tomie. I hope I can get there next time.

:phone:

Splice

Smash Hero
didn't realise i entered melee singles twice :p Played trash anyway, placed below timic... 13th=zzz

Shoutouts:
Daniel A - Thanks for coming along, hope you had fun

Sebby - You were pretty much perfect in doubles. I'm happy to team with you for the whole year, to be quite honest if I played my best (instead of killing myself and you) we would have won the whole tournament, which goes to show there is really no problem with your game. I think your aggression and tendency to rush in mindlessly when you get frustrated is your biggest problem in singles though. Easy to fix :)

Tibs - Defs using MK against you from now on. At least if I lose it's not frustrating. Game and Watch is actually trash and I'm sick of having a 65:35 MU against everyone who is any good. I hope you understand that now it's like 60:40 maybe in my favour but the MU is actually fairer than the **** I had to deal with before. I may also use Diddy Kong though, we need to have some more friendlies :)

Jei - Still going to be using Game and Watch against you though :p Nice tourney, well run considering the issues. Definitely get some more space next time, the other fighting games take up way more space than necessary and we got cramped despite our numbers.

Ledge - Also using Game and Watch against you, you scrub.

Attila - I'm not going to beat you this year.

Tak - Can you try a bit harder in Melee singles, we can actually do pretty well. Just coz I'm ******** sometimes doesn't mean you have the right to do worse than me :p Hope you slept well at my house :)
Also we totally could have got through to Tom's through Arthur Street if you could just believe!!!

Hyphen Smash - I can't actually do this anymore. No joke. didn't get it in a tournament match once, ****ed up EVERY TIME.

Ricky - Thanks for coming down, good to see you. Can't believe you didn't accept my coke offering.

PCG - Congrats on winning that set

Dekar - I'd rather play that Pikmin 2 set than have gone to the tournament, if I could choose. That was great, well played but my jihad strategy is too 2012, it's so fresh. Hope you slept well have a safe trip home n thanks for doing good **** to my computer, waiting to see if you did any bad **** but I still have a facebook so that's pretty cool. GG, see you soon

Dan - Boot sounds cosy. Hope you found the bed cosier though, else that would be worrying.

Alexi - Good LoL/DotA chat, tbh I didn't expect to 4 stock you again. You need to tighten up your game, literally; you move too far a lot of the time when you execute stuff. Ask someone else how to get around falco laser though, I can only get around it with my own lazers so I can't really help you there lol.

Tom - Happy Birthday! You thrashed me in Melee, one day I will take you up on my offer to come round and play some games.

Atticus - I was so happy to get you to last stock in both games. Even when I was getting destroyed in the second game I tried so hard to get you to last stock when I was down by like 3 stock or something. That was the only moment I played well in melee (singles) the whole day :C Thanks for coming over hope you slept well and enjoyed the hospitality despite the lack of breakfast in bed this time.

Redact - Alarm clock and Biscuit Music Improvisation wass one of the most intimate experiences I have ever had in my life. definitely expand on that and make a recording some time. See you soon probably at your house bro my parents being tight. You guys were all really quite last night though so good work, I was probably the loudest coz my voice sucks. Enjoy sleeping with my dog? Mum says the dog slept on you. Lucky Atticus didn't sleep there...

Timic - Thanks for the lift, you still have my CD :O Sorry about no timesplitters, I didn't get time.

Game and Watch = Absolute Garbage

Attila_

BRoomer
I'm sad that I make splice unhappy. You looked so miserable in our set.

:(

Also, please change the results. My name is spelt wrong, and I used Lucas in 3 sets, and ice climbers in one game...

Splice

Smash Hero
hey fellas and new players

brawl sesh at mine within the next 2 weeks at some point
overnight about 8 people can stay i reckon
probably can have like 12 to 16 here throughout the day though like np np

we'll do tournament and crew battles and doubles practice

it'll be good for gettin good

Day is pending let me know when y'all free

and tell me whether or not
you want some money in da pot
to make it more competitive
and give you all more incentive

to try and do your best
or will it put your wallet through a test?
Will it encourage you to come and play
or would it make you stay away?

???

Nicks

Smash Journeyman
Put me down for the day splice, I won't stay the night. Personally I have one week off next week so any date between the 7th and the 15th is good with me :)

Splice

Smash Hero
Can I stay since I live a billion kilometers away?
done

Put me down for the day splice, I won't stay the night. Personally I have one week off next week so any date between the 7th and the 15th is good with me :)

done

give me dates between 7th and 15th guys
Nido, Seb and friends, Viva, Dean, Toshi; come on gaiz

Toshi why didn't you enter singles

Attila_

BRoomer
i never sleep over anyway.

we gotta work on your mk.

i have next week off uni. make in then sometime.

Toshi

Smash Journeyman
First, my apologies Jei. I screwed up pretty bad, I don't think anyone can deny that. But it was fun while it lasted. After teaming with you, I think I understand how to play Wario in teams now (e.g. don't waft/clap your team mate).

Great work to Splice and Sebby, who managed to take us out in the losers semis(?). Props to Sebby, who has improved over such a short time. According to this quote, I think Splice has found his partner for 2012 BAM:
Alright, unless Sebby and I turn out to be amazing Toshi, I'll hold you up on that around August.
Aww yeah Ledge, Diddy Kong represent. Soon, you'll wonder why you even played Metaknight in the first place.

Mozart, great seeing you again. I totally forgot to get a few friendlies with you, so I guess I'll get some next monthly. If I forget, remind me because I want to see how far you've improved.

Viva, you should be a professional commentator.

So should you, Dean.

Over to the Melee side, I was afraid I was going to place low in Singles, mostly because of the amazing players present. Mostly Colbalt, who I had the pleasure of playing some of the best Falcon dittos I ever had. Seriously, highlight of my day.

Em, on the other hand, left early. Which made me sadface because I was looking forward to having a few matches. Maybe next time...

Redact is a terrible team player. I don't even know how he ever got on a Dota 2 team. I mean, after ever game he got so many kills. It's like he's not leaving them for the carry, yeah?

Tibs however, is a much better team mate. He beat both me and Redact in teams and basically carried Dekar into what would be 1st place (if they actually played it out). What a nice guy.

Speaking of nice guys, I met a guy named Tom. Seemed like a nice guy until he started gimping me with his Fox. Slightly annoyed, I switched characters in hope of throwing him off his gimping game. But time after time, he still managed to shine me. It was then I saw the potential in him to be one of the best in Melbourne, as long as he keeps practising (and following my advice =D ).

I also met a PrettyCoolGuy, who played exactly one friendly with me. I should get a few more friendlies with him soon.

Atticus, the only man who 4 stocked me throughout this tournament. My respect for him grows higher.

Same goes for Earl (minus the 4 stocking part). Recently, your Fox has been giving me trouble in the bracket. Scary.

Timic still makes me nervous whenever I play against him in bracket.

Epic, whose name greatly underestimates his greatness, is great. Low tier matches and getting hit by reflected stichfaces (my favourite) is his forte.

Speaking of Forte, Tak shut up.

Finally, Dekar should stop sandbagging so that I can stop sandbagging. I want to at least gauge how much I've improved.

Toshi

Smash Journeyman
Toshi why didn't you enter singles
I came an hour late, the bracket was already written by the time I got there. Not to mention that the 32 man bracket was totally filled, so there were no bye spots for me to take.

Also, there is a good chance that I will go to your meet Splice. I'm down.

Oh today was lots of fun
GG to everyone I played (Where I lost 80% of my matches :c)
Steve and his Samus were the most infuriating matches I've ever played
Nicks, I've got a long way to go before I start beating you
Dekar it's a shame I left before I could battle you in friendlies
I think it was Toshiba, those were some hax matches
I can not remember this. It might have been someone else.

Splice

Smash Hero
props to toshi on the best shoutouts i've ever read. I smiled heaps.

And yes, I probably will be teaming with Seb for the whole year.

@shmot: what do you mean next week? 7th - 15th?

Nido

ily Sebby
Well Splice, I don't know where you live
Other than that I'd be able to make it only on any Saturday in the next few weekends
I feel I can play a competitive Pikachu now so I'd be going with him

Splice

Smash Hero
I'll be telling everyone where I live when we decide where every ones available and I'll make one big detailed post. My place is easily accessible and like if Leisha can attend than no-one has any distance excuse.

Saturday doesn't look like it will work. it'll probably have to be between the 9th and the 12th.

Splice

Smash Hero
Oops, misread my planner
Totally called that *smirks*

This will be capped at 13 people, 8 people can stay overnight.
Both those numbers include me.

Expressed Interest: 14
Confirmed: 7

Me (Billy)
Leisha
Attila
Tibs
Nido
Thomas
Toshiba
Dean
Nicks
Sebby
Gary
Jei
Afropony

Earl

Staying overnight:
Me
Leisha
Tibs?
Nido?

Nido

ily Sebby
50/50 chance for the night, don't know how my parents will think of me staying at someone's place in Melbourne or wherever
Looks like a cool line up of people so far

Top Bottom