• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official + Smash 4 [VIC] General Thread - Next events: MILTIM 11 JUN, CWMELEE+PM 18 JUN, CW S4ROA 25 JUN

Dekar289

Smash Hero
yeh not relly about the elo, elo fails enough for smash without comparing countries that never play (also note that apex 2012 is the only tourney uploaded feat. javi...)

a great place to store results and track player progress though

Splice

Smash Hero
yeh not relly about the elo, elo fails enough for smash without comparing countries that never play (also note that apex 2012 is the only tourney uploaded feat. javi...)

a great place to store results and track player progress though
l o l

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Not that I was one to ever go along with an MK ban or unified ruleset but it looks like with the URC disbanded I will never have to! Muahahaha.

/TO4lyf

:phone:

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
I guess alll we really need to do with the brawl ruleset now is add some more stages. Rest of the rules can stay, 8 min timer 3 stock 50 lgl and all the other rules that everyone knows about already.

Splice

Smash Hero
@Jei: Even with the URC you didn't have to do ****
It's a worthless organization, and I don't mean that as an insult
They had their hearts in the right place (lol)

But the idea of a UR is totally flawed given the situation (as explained by the announcement) and whether you obeyed them or not made absolutely no difference, especially because America/Japan will never give a **** about our tournaments anyway (except occassional Major tourneys)

Regardless though I think we should keep the same ruleset we have now, I would personally bring Delfino and Halberd back, but not really more than that. Those two stages make some matchups more exciting without switching matchups around or distancing them too far. I think Sharking is way overrated.... everyone gotta come up for air sometimes ;)
But yeah, Otherwise keep it to six.
Unless you want to put GaW into S-tier again and legalize RC, Norfair and so on... :)
Then I wouldn't have to play MK ;P

@Leish: You should make a series of creepy-face-Chu pics. NI[t]eM4reZ 4 Evry1

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
I probably have hundreds of spastic photos on me burried into my hard drive. Maybe I'll dig them up when I get bored.

When do you have internet again Jei? We should probably work on a rule set eventually. Unless you already have one planned out already.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
nag time
have you had a chance to find those brackets?
i wanna recreate the melee singles one in tio, so if you could... just bring it to next monthly i guess?
taaaa!

Dekar289

Smash Hero
nope, looks like we'll have to wait until end of may for next cw

perhaps redact house tourney this saturday to fill the void...?

Dekar289

Smash Hero
couch warriors, along with shadowloo are running the biggest street fighter and other traditonal fighter games tournament in the world, shadowloo showdown, next weekend (may 5)
there is also a leadup event this weekend for shadowloo showdown
the plan was to have the monthly the weekend after SS, but then jei told them about his charity tourney so they decided to just wait

Splice

Smash Hero
id rather have a tournament than a bunch of friendlies in a LAN environment.
I am the sads.

tibs7

Smash Champion
I'm going to shadow loo showdown to watch :) anyone else coming?

ViVa

Smash Ace
Couldn't you just watch the stream instead if you were only going to watch? (Assuming they have a stream)

Although you're probably going for other reasons as well right?

tibs7

Smash Champion
Viva: live is waaaaay better, way way way better!

Caos: I'm game

Gords

Smash Champion
have you got a date yet for the next melbourne monthly, i was thinking of coming down on the 12 for the L:AN event if i could get housing for some of the nights, but if you have a monthly tourney i would prefer that over a LAN event.

Nido

ily Sebby
I hope it's when Dekar assumed it would be
Nicks I want to have more friendlies with you, maybe I'll take 2 stocks lol

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
I think this is the right thread...

So, some time during the winter holidays this year (probably early-mid July), I'm planning to come to Melbourne to visit a friend. So I'm thinking, if possible, I could schedule my visit around a possible tournament date at that time. If this ends up happening it would be my first interstate tournament, and I'm looking forward to meeting new people. So yea, basically, tournament early-mid July? =D (I realise that it's probably a bit far away to think about right now, just keep it in mind when planning upcoming tourneys)

Top Bottom