• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official + Smash 4 [VIC] General Thread - Next events: MILTIM 11 JUN, CWMELEE+PM 18 JUN, CW S4ROA 25 JUN

Splice

Smash Hero
I didn't deserve 13th at all.
yeah I heard macky beat you and then you got the win anyway. I don't know if that's justified just because he had to leave, he earnt that higher placing yo. dats sum bull****

Meredy

The Busterina
yeah I heard macky beat you and then you got the win anyway. I don't know if that's justified just because he had to leave, he earnt that higher placing yo. dats sum bull****
Yeah, in hindsight I would've preferred staying in loser's.

joeyjoeyjoejoe

Smash Apprentice
I made that call and given how early in the bracket it was (second round winners?), I stand by it. If it wasn't so early, then I'd wouldn't have made the change. It is harsh on macky but losing your first game to someone who just leaves straight after is harsher imo (at no fault of macky of course). You could argue the principle of it all (a win is a win), and I think that's logical, but I rather people at the tourney have fun over complete logical consistency. I took the same approach when we changed the bracket so new people who showed up as a group of friends didn't play each other early loser's bracket.

That being said, for the sake of future seeding, we will take into account macky beating meredyse on that day and all the probable implications of that. So no worries, macky win was not forgotten nor in vain.

Last edited:

Dekar289

Smash Hero
also this way the next round of losers got a free win, while the winners bracket players still had to earn it against meredyse. this is far better to the alternative.

PrettyCoolGuy

Smash Ace
aww yeah I guessed your teammate correctly, I ****ing KNEW IT was Danog
so smart, genius

Jamwa places even with PCG top kek
17th place Miles regularly makes money of 5th place Codie, big contrast in placing pretty crazy.
No bracket images? Bracket images are the best man :(
4 hour sleep johns lol.
I'm gonna get my revenge

PEEPS NEED TO STOP HAVING OTHER THINGS ON DURING TOURNAMENT OMG\

DON'T FORGET TO COME TO MY TOURNAMENT TO STAY IN SHAPE BEFORE THE NEXT COUCH WARRIOrS. Jokes. My tournament is way more hype and important than couch warriors

Last edited:

Meredy

The Busterina
also this way the next round of losers got a free win, while the winners bracket players still had to earn it against meredyse. this is far better to the alternative.
You make it sound like it took you effort to beat me.

Jamwa

Smash Champion
4 hour sleep johns lol.
I'm gonna get my revenge

PEEPS NEED TO STOP HAVING OTHER THINGS ON DURING TOURNAMENT OMG\

DON'T FORGET TO COME TO MY TOURNAMENT TO STAY IN SHAPE BEFORE THE NEXT COUCH WARRIOrS. Jokes. My tournament is way more hype and important than couch warriors
i just want those good ol' HoC feels ya kno
need ma fix

joeyjoeyjoejoe

Smash Apprentice
I just got a text from Daniel from CouchWarriors. Next tournament is confirmed.

CouchWarriors October Ranbat Monthly

When: Saturday 18th of October
Where: 6 Davies Street, Brunswick North
Time: 12pm (TBC)

Please follow @MelbourneMelee Twitter for all of Melbourne's competitive smash news as they come - guff free.

joeyjoeyjoejoe

Smash Apprentice
Just thinking about the next tournament - with the likely large numbers attending and the nature of the 3DS, it'll be cool if people brought cushions, beanbags and the like so we can have a chill out corner and also ensures we don't run out of seats.

So if anyone can bring that type of stuff, that'll be great.

Last edited:

NanoHologuise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3110-6094-3408
Who has big 3ds vs little 3ds? Does it make a difference? I have an xl and it hurts my hands to use.
I'm not sure I feel like with the XL you'd probably see things that might be harder to see (small animations, or small objects/things like sheik's bomb) on the normal 3ds.

joeyjoeyjoejoe

Smash Apprentice
Also byo 3ds charger? Charge your 3ds before the day? Just don't let battery become an issue
Good call, will change fb event accordingly re: byo charger. We would want to encourage friendlies all day so they'll need it.

There will be a recharge station next the TIO laptop. If we get enough chill out bean bags, we can daisy chain a few power boards through there.

Perhaps we should bring name tags for people's stuff. When they enter they have to put it on their stuff if they look <16 cos kids are dumb.

Last edited:

DD_

Smash Journeyman
Perhaps we should bring name tags for people's stuff. When they enter they have to put it on their stuff if they look <16 cos kids are dumb.
I STRONGLY Advise people to name label or keep track of where your things are in regards to this. There is a particular member of the FGC who frequents these CW events (Not naming anyone but they aren't a smash player) Who is known for stealing things so please keep track of your belongings!

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
smash3ds ruleset looks good, not much i would change at this stage without trying everything out in a tournament. EXCEPT there is a piece of equipment called pretty cool cap, i think it would only be fair if pcg were allowed to equip this no? no

Jamwa

Smash Champion
smash3ds ruleset looks good, not much i would change at this stage without trying everything out in a tournament. EXCEPT there is a piece of equipment called pretty cool cap, i think it would only be fair if pcg were allowed to equip this no? no
I feel like it should be a rule that pcg has to equip this or he isn't allowed to enter

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
regrettably only diddy kong and ness can wear the pretty cool cap.
diddy kong's more or less high tier though so it's not all bad.

dreadtech

Smash Journeyman
it just depends cause you will invariably have people who will be int he 3ds tourney wanting to play melee doubles if the opportunity arises. It might be feasible but it's all about organization. Will Deffo need bracket runners for that situation

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
the issue with running co-current tournaments is just as much cross entrants as it is setups. Running 3 tournaments is hard enough on a single day, so running a fourth which will be slower thanks to people entering both games would be way too hard imo.

dreadtech

Smash Journeyman
I'm willing to get there early to run melee doubles at 11am, this gives us an hour and it's allows the stronger teams to bleed into pm (cause iirc most of the best teams don't play pm anyway aside from a select few top tier ****ers). Thoughts?

Top Bottom