• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Ver. 1.08 Patch Thread [MOVE TO NEW THREAD]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SapphSabre777

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4742-5094-9684
Confirming no more Quickstone for Kirby, sourspot (Up) F-Smash does 1% less damage.

Also confirming from my end that his pummel is nerfed, 1.55% -> 1.5% (20 pummels = 30%, not 31%), and I'd like someone to check on his F-Smash, it may have more endlag, or I may have placebo.

EDIT: Pummel is the same, my bad. Blame the cruddy Training Mode thing telling me that it was 30%, and blame me for not looking down.

Last edited:

ElectricBlade

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Haruhisuzumia
3DS FC
1203-9228-7596
Mewtwo is still the same weight ;-; he still dies at 64% from a Marth F-smash

Shog

Smash Ace

RIP in Pepperonis 2k14 - Bananas

Charizard will welcome you, and Seismic Toss you :charizard:7

NO seriously: Did Diddy Kong deserved that nerfs?
Why can't they instead BUFF characters, nerfs always feel worse in my opinion...

Last edited:

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Actually, it does .5% more, as last patch it was 6.5%.

Otherwise, he's unchanged AFAIK.
Seems to do 7.3% damage now. Used it ten times in Training mode and came up to 73%. Love this buff! :3

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
How about Zelda? Any changes to her?
Yes:
CURRENTLY CONFIRMED CHANGE LIST :4zelda:

Up Smash
[+] The BKB of the final hit was increased slightly. As a result the move KOs roughly 20% earlier.

Neutral Aerial
[=] The damage numbers for the loop hits were switched; the front loop hits do 2% each now, and the back ones do 1% each.

Nayru's Love [Neutral B]
[-] The ability to get an aerial momentum boosted Nayru by running off an edge and using Nayru's at the right moment has been removed. Zelda now either only sticks to the edge or floats at normal momentum.
From here.

Donkeykong98123

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Donkeykong98123
Every one of DKs throws got buffed.
Aerial Down Throw makes him hop a little bit, so if he tries to stage spike with Dthrow, he can edgeguard afterwards if they might come back. Grounded Cargo Dthrow deals more knock back. Aerial Cargo Dthrow also got a huge knockback buff, this now kills off stage at around 130ish.
Uthrow got buffed by 3%. Knockback MAY have gotten buffed(can't uthrow uair mario at 50%) but I'm not sure. Don't take my word on that one.
Aerial Backthrow lag got massively reduced. Stage spike starts working at around 80ish with no risk of dying(any early and they just pop back up on the stage.) Not sure about other stuff, still more testing to do.
Forward Throw MAY have gotten a % increase, don't take my word for that one either though.

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
:4wario:

nvm no changes as far as I can tell.

Last edited:

ItoI6

Smash Journeyman
mk changes confirmed by me

ftilt does 8% instead of 7% and knocks at a lower angle with more knockback.

jab finishers cooldown cut signficiantly

nairs landing lag cut nearly in half

cooldown on first hit of ftilt and 2nd hit of ftilt lowered significantly

Last edited:

J_the_Man

Smash Apprentice
NNID
J_the_Man24
Currently trying to reproduce Mario Circuit Wii U glitch... So far unsuccessful. Perhaps its a placebo, but when the stage transitions away from the ceiling transition, it almost instantaneously begins moving preventing someone from getting trapped in the ceiling. They just get stage spiked.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Ike so far: http://smashboards.com/threads/ike-e3-patch-changes-discussion.406208/

Confirmed:
>Ftilt:startup 15 frames -> ~12 frames, damage reduced: 14%->12%. Ftilt's old sourspot did 12% up close, so it's overall a buff IMO.
>Dash attack: startup reduced and damage increased: Sweet spot: 10%->14%. Sour spot: 7%->11% and 5%->9%
>Nair: Less landing lag by a few frames
>Aether: The suction properties were tweaked in some way.
>Fair: Hitbox better follows visual animation. Hits better above and below him.

Unconfirmed(likely):
>Uthrow has less ending lag. Can combo more easily into aerials.
>Jab combo is sped up

Unconfirmed (dubious):
>Quick Draw startup reduced
>Utilt has more lingering hitboxes
>Nair has a faster startup

Last edited:

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
All Olimar damage %s remain unchanged. I can confirm that the Pikmin lineup becoming reversed after ledge grab has been removed. Lineup remains the same every time the ledge is grabbed. Most likely an update to Pikmin AI. Will test the nitty gritty of the character later when I have someone to help.

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
Palutena's U-tilt seems to have bigger hitboxes and/or it links properly. Before, if she used it while standing a slight distance away from Fox (about the width of Fox's model) he would fall out of it. Now, he gets sucked all the way in and every hit connects. IIRC it used to whiff on Kirby/Jiggs if they were standing next to her but now it hits 'em. It also does 1% more damage.

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
Ganon didn't seem to recieve ane changes.

Aki

Smash Cadet
NNID
Im_Aki
3DS FC
1306-5844-3434
I think DDD's backthrow kills later now. Can't say that with 100% certainty but I tried it on a Mario in Training Mode on FD and he just wouldn't die until ******** percentages. Either knockback growth was changed or the angle (more horizontal) or I am just imagining things. Didn't notice anything else. (Did dtilt always do 10%?)

RoachCake

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RoachCake
3DS FC
2621-3061-7090
There's a new added amiibo menu for the regular 3DS now in the "Games & More" area.
Requires one of those NFC reader things that aren't released yet.

Edit: Oh that's cool, the bottom screen shows an amiibo and it changes whenever you go into different menus an stuff.

Last edited:

Solreth

Smash Apprentice
Preliminary testing of mac shows SIGNIFICANT reduction of deadzone off of smashes, primarily forward and upangled-forward

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I think DDD's backthrow kills later now. Can't say that with 100% certainty but I tried it on a Mario in Training Mode on FD and he just wouldn't die until ******** percentages. Either knockback growth was changed or the angle (more horizontal) or I am just imagining things. Didn't notice anything else. (Did dtilt always do 10%?)
According to my testing from a few patches ago, with Dedede standing at the spawn point on 3DS's FD in training mode BThrow would kill Mario at 205%. Does it kill later than that now?

DTilt always did 10%.

Aki

Smash Cadet
NNID
Im_Aki
3DS FC
1306-5844-3434
According to my testing from a few patches ago, with Dedede standing at the spawn point on 3DS's FD in training mode BThrow would kill Mario at 205%. Does it kill later than that now?

DTilt always did 10%.
I think the blast zones on Wii U and 3DS are different but I kill a Mario from the spawning point on FD at 195% with a back throw. I know I usually kill much earlier than that against real people but I guess that's because of DI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom