• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Ver. 1.08 Patch Thread [MOVE TO NEW THREAD]

Status
Not open for further replies.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Has anyone been able to confirm any changes for Robin?

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
From the Ike Boards:

Confirmed:
Ftilt:startup 15 frames -> ~12 frames, damage reduced: 14%->12%. Ftilt's old sourspot did 12% up close, so it's overall a buff IMO.
Dash attack: startup reduced and damage increased: Sweet spot: 10%->14%. Sour spot: 7%->11% and 5%->9%
Nair: Less ending lag by a few frames
Aether: The suction properties were tweaked in some way.

Unconfirmed(likely):
Uthrow has less ending lag. Can combo more easily into aerials.
Jab Combo links better by being faster

Asdfchris

Smash Rookie
Sorry for not having proof, but Wii Fit's pummel is definitely faster now. Don't know any other wft mains to confirm this to me though.

Infinite901

Smash Ace
NNID
Infinite901
3DS FC
3282-4624-0341
Any changes to the Puff?
Not as far as I can tell. F-smash may have been buffed, and I believe rising Pound is better now.

Also, either Rest has more end lag or characters respawn quicker. I've been getting punished much more thoroughly for killing Rests.

CursedJay

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CursedJay2
Luma's uair now sweetspots, doing significant knockback on startup. I'm no RL main, so someone needs to confirm that this hasn't always been the case

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Just found something on Jigglypuff. Her forward throw has more knockback range at zero.

PUK

Smash Ace
NNID
Simlock92
3DS FC
4141-4118-5477
From the Ike Boards:

Confirmed:
Ftilt:startup 15 frames -> ~12 frames, damage reduced: 14%->12%. Ftilt's old sourspot did 12% up close, so it's overall a buff IMO.
Dash attack: startup reduced and damage increased: Sweet spot: 10%->14%. Sour spot: 7%->11% and 5%->9%
Nair: Less ending lag by a few frames
Aether: The suction properties were tweaked in some way.

Unconfirmed(likely):
Uthrow has less ending lag. Can combo more easily into aerials.
Jab Combo links better by being faster
I think we have a winner. Damn you japaneses scrubs to not having realized before that ike was strong. Now we're ****ed

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
Changes I can confirm using 1.0.7 3DS & 1.0.8 Wii U:
:4metaknight:
-F-Tilt 3 received a big Knock-back buffs, it KOs now
-F-Tilt 3's ending lag was reduced from 30~ frames to 20~ frames
-Jab has less ending lag. Reduced from 30~ frames to 24~ frames.

:4charizard:
-Up-Throw knock-back was drastically increased, it KOs off the top
-Down-throw knock-back was drastically decreased, turning it into a combo setup throw

Last edited:

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I think we have a winner. Damn you japaneses scrubs to not having realized before that ike was strong. Now we're ****ed
Nah, people overreacted when Shulk got a 1% buff everywhere before, these are good changes but he seems fine still not a high tier or anything. Everyone should get buffs like these though.

Any Luigi or M2 changes? I'd love some weight on M2...not happening though.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Sorry for not having proof, but Wii Fit's pummel is definitely faster now. Don't know any other wft mains to confirm this to me though.
unfortunately this doesn't seem true, I just tested it out on wii u and 3ds

J_the_Man

Smash Apprentice
NNID
J_the_Man24
Changes I can confirm using 1.0.7 3DS & 1.0.8 Wii U:
:4metaknight:
-F-Tilt 3 received a big Knock-back buffs, it KOs now
-F-Tilt 3's ending lag was reduced from 30~ frames to 20~ frames
-Jab has less ending lag. Reduced from 30~ frames to 24~ frames.

:4charizard:
-Up-Throw knock-back was drastically increased, it KOs off the top
-Down-throw knock-back was drastically decreased, turning it into a combo setup throw
Was Metaknight's Dtilt changed in any way?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I can still do jab cancels with Fox on the 3DS version. I suspect the character is unchanged in general.

:059:

Any changes on the monado boy?
No changes to the Monado art mechanics as far as I've tested. Speed damage nerf is still 20%. Shield's is still the same too. The defense nerf for jump and buster are the same. The defense buff for Shield also remained the same. Smash art's KB boost is the same. So far, I know that f-air and dash attack's KB's weren't changed either. Shield is still the same in terms of mobility (aka: crap).

MALLC and MADC are still in

Everything else is still being tested. Frame data will be tested soon along with the knockback values.

F-air feels like it has less landing lag buuuut placebo, so no. I'll wait for the comparisons (Courtesy of @Nammy12)

Last edited:

StripedNinja

Smash Apprentice
NNID
StripedNinja
Olimar's FSmash seems to have a slight damage nerf, at lease with purples. Anyone confirm?

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I think Luigi cyclone is weaker on the last hit. Not sure. Still reliable though? Seems Luigi is untouched otherwise

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
If the whole specials thing is true on edges, wouldn't it be a big nerf to pikachu?

Also I heard somewhere about Yoshi Dthrow being different, anyone confirm? Or any Yoshi changes besides the edge universal nerf.

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
Because of the aforementioned changes, Airborne Assault won't cause the Mii Swordfighter to slide off of the edge.

Last edited:

David Viran

Smash Lord
If the whole specials thing is true on edges, wouldn't it be a big nerf to pikachu?

Also I heard somewhere about Yoshi Dthrow being different, anyone confirm? Or any Yoshi changes besides the edge universal nerf.
I Don know about Pikachu but zss's flip jump edge cancels are unaffected.

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
Since Jiggly looks unchanged I'm curious about whether there are any changes to any of these characters
:4peach::4luigi::4pikachu::4zss:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Really trivial thing, but can anyone check if Fox's white alt's scouter lens been fixed on the Wii U? The portrait has Fox's lens being green, but in game, it's orange. I only have a 3DS which doesn't have this issue, but I noticed it before and it was stated on the wiki there was a "problem" with this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom