• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Ver. 1.08 Patch Thread [MOVE TO NEW THREAD]

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonnytapman

Smash Rookie
Besides the previously mentioned jab fix, Lucario stays the same. Shulk is also the same. I think the same goes for Samus as well, but I need all three confirmed, if someone could test that.

Snokros

Smash Cadet
did diddy's upair range really get smaller? im not noticing a difference. still hitting people on my sides quite easily.

sonnytapman

Smash Rookie
did diddy's upair range really get smaller? im not noticing a difference. still hitting people on my sides quite easily.
Diddy was nerfed in that aspect and a few others, I think his character board might have a list started, not sure though.

EDIT: The hoo got nerfed and does 1% less damage, and the ha has a smaller hitbox

Last edited:

Snokros

Smash Cadet
has any proof been made on diddy's upair hitbox other than the short vid that was posted? pac man's grab was thought to be better last patch because of a video like that where it was much faster... without it being so in the actual game.

Last edited:

sonnytapman

Smash Rookie
has any proof been made on diddy's upair hitbox other than the short vid that was posted? pac man's grab was thought to be better last patch because of a video like that where it was much faster... without it being so in the actual game.
Check the Diddy character board, I believe that they have evidence of the changes there

Last edited:

Kodystri

the PK Spamming Lucas Main
NNID
Kodystri
Confirming some changes

:4ness: can no longer use PK Fire to grab the edge(Basically doing a pivot PK Fire and sliding off). Instead, he will do either PK Fire at the edge or fall down and use PK Fire

:4miigun:Can no longer use Side B to grab the edge. Basically the same thing as Ness.
:4miigun:Can no longer slide off using a special after pushing momentum with Fair

So wtf out of all characters, Gunner gets slight nerfs -_-

sonnytapman

Smash Rookie
Tested it, Shulk is no different from my results. Feel free to say otherwise. Otherwise, the master of spicy Mexican food remains unchanged.

EDIT: Manado is actually an Indonesian style of food, and it's not even spicy. Oops.

Last edited:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Confirming some changes

:4ness: can no longer use PK Fire to grab the edge(Basically doing a pivot PK Fire and sliding off). Instead, he will do either PK Fire at the edge or fall down and use PK Fire

:4miigun:Can no longer use Side B to grab the edge. Basically the same thing as Ness.
:4miigun:Can no longer slide off using a special after pushing momentum with Fair

So wtf out of all characters, Gunner gets slight nerfs -_-
The stuff on specials near the ledge appear to be universal; not a targeted nerf.

APlainOldBanana

Smash Cadet
I think I'm going crazy or I think Lucas is extremely light because I killed Lucas with Ness Bair from mid-stage Miiverse or Battlefield (don't remember sorry) at around 130%. Can anyone test Ness Bair to see if it got any stronger?

Last edited:

sonnytapman

Smash Rookie
I think I'm going crazy or I think Lucas is extremely light because I killed Lucas with Ness Bair from mid-stage Miiverse or Battlefield (don't remember sorry) at around 130%. Can anyone test Ness Bair to see if it got any stronger?
Lucas may just be light, I killed him with Shulk fsmash in smash mode at 75%,uncharged.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that it was from in Between middle and edge in FD.

Last edited:

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
I'm going to mostly copy my post from the Marth general thread/Marth changes thread:

MARTH

So Jab 1 does 1 less damage non tipper and tip, but leads to everything. Whether you want to true combo it to jab 2, or bait an air dodge, maybe get some Utilt, or idk tipper FSMASH, grab, Usmash true combos at kill percents....

Utilt is stronger tipper and non tipper, and looking at the animation, Utilt is less laggy, somewhere between 37-39 frames it seems rather than 42. Utilt used to kill Marth on an Omega stage in the mid to high 140s (Wii U), now it kills Marth at 127%!!! on an Omega stage (Wii U). Trust me, I know EVERYTHING about pre-patch Marth/Marth in general.

All aerials probably have the same knockback. Same damage, horrible autocancel, and landing lag except Nair. Nair seems to have less landing lag when compared to Uair landing lag. There seems to be a bigger difference between the 2.

It's true, jab 2 doesn't connect after 100% even though the animation looks like it should (hate that). However, above 100, if you got tipper jab 1, and wait just a little bit, you can get tipper jab 2 still a true combo. But this isnt too important, you want to kill them at high percents, so just use jab 1 into something else. At low percents both jabs work perfect thats all I need

It seems you can get jab 2 earlier, like maybe input after frame 18ish instead of 20

OMG, I am loving this. Jab 1 to tipper Fsmash is DABOMB

ANOTHER Utilt change, the body hitbox (the one that does 5%), now sends them upwards. I hate that, it used to send them horizontal (off stage)

At first I thought Dolphin Slash had better range for the 11% hitbox but I mostly doubt it, it's probably the same strength too, hard to tell. Possible that it's stronger.

Grab range is exactly the same

Dsmash, unfortunately is exactly the same

Uthrow is exactly the same

Ftilt is exactly the same

Dtilt is exactly the same

Fsmash, same

Usmash, same

can no longer jab lock with jab. GRRRRRR :mad::mad::mad:

Can't do 2 aerials in a short hop. Like I said, aerials are the same.

Seems like Dancing Blade is the same.

Shield breaker seems the same

Throws seem the same. I got Fthrow to Fair to combo on Marth at 50%, that's normal I believe with no DI

Dash attack is the same

Fair still doesn't have a frame 5 hitbox (above Marth) even though the animation still looks like it does

The back hit of Utilt combos into Uair!!

Think I have proof that nair has less landing lag. First hit of tipper Nair combos into Utilt well before 100%. It wasnt like that before

THIS IS WEIRD: Marth moves forward while doing Utilt!! Did he do that before? I would have noticed. They have to be consecutive Utilts.

LUCINA:

All Marth changes apply to her

Lucina sometimes say "ha" while doing up B

Lucina's Ftilt now does somewhere between 10.51% and 10.99%, up from 9.97%

With Utilt back to it's Brawl glory (not Melee though, that was broken) and the best jab Marth has ever had (LIKE SERIOUSLY THIS JAB 1 CAN PUT YOU IN FOX JAB SITUATIONS), Marth was once again buffed and in my opinion he can hold a candle to Roy. People have been saying otherwise.
Hi guys, yesterday was a tournament for me.
Today I've just woken up.

I'll get around to being BIG BOSS soonish.
For all the people out there who know I trust them, could you pass on changes you're aware of to me one way or another :D

I'll prob make a new thread?
These are all the Marth/Lucina changes I found. Also Lucina makes sounds when she counters now, like how she sometimes makes sounds in DS as I mentioned above. I have no solid data other than Utilt kill percents but hopefully you can trust me considering I found the Marth changes last patch

Edit: Also the back hit of Utilt combos into the front hit of Utilt (after you turnaround)

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Mewtwo buff. Tracking on using attacks with his 2nd jump no longer whiff. This used to happen most of the time. Now I can chase with aerial attacks like we should have been from the start.

Greward

Smash Lord
huhh Ness bair has always been a strong kill move, what you say is perfectly possible on a middleweight

SapphSabre777

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4742-5094-9684
This is a bit weird to ask, but can someone test the "freshness" or "staleness" mechanics present? I'm starting to think (after Kirby's U-Tilts degrade fast, to 2%,3%, or 4% after a few U-Tilts) the engine has changed in regards to that, specifically being quicker to punish stale moves.

Last edited:

sonnytapman

Smash Rookie
This is a bit weird to ask, but can someone test the "freshness" or "staleness" mechanics present? I'm starting to think (after Kirby's U-Tilts degrade fast, to 2%,3%, or 4% after a few U-Tilts) the engine has changed in regards to that, specifically being quicker to punish stale moves.
Umm... I'll test it with Shulk up smash, Lucario up smash and Doc Up Smash, if that works for you.

SapphSabre777

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4742-5094-9684
Umm... I'll test it with Shulk up smash, Lucario up smash and Doc Up Smash, if that works for you.
That'll work, since it applies to everyone. It seems to only apply to outside Training Mode. If you can find a way to compare it to pre-1.0.8, that'd be fantastic.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
That'll work, since it applies to everyone. It seems to only apply to outside Training Mode. If you can find a way to compare it to pre-1.0.8, that'd be fantastic.
Yeah, stale moves, freshness bonus, and rage are all ignored in training mode. Anything involving them must be tested in Smash mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom