• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Speculation Chart [WE UPDATE NOW]

D

Deleted member

Rayquaza was not playable nor was planned to be playable, so no. Rayquaza is not ineligible at this point.

But we're not on Pokémon yet.

Petey: 6
Meta: 5
Joe: 6

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
OH. Sorry, I just...can't stop...derping tonight :facepalm:.

However, I believe that Ridley should have his own section based on that fact that he's so F****IN BIG

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Ridley is so big, he needs everyone's charts just to fit.
You should seriously have a Ridley icon added to every single set of charts in the OP. I'd lol quite a few times. I wonder if anyone would notice...

OH WAIT OF COURSE THEY WOULD BECAUSE RIDLEY IS SUCH A FAT ASS

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I find it funny that the main character of a racing game "Rick Wheeler" stars in a racing game with no wheels...

Also get rid of ....
Meta-Ridley
Knuckle Joe
Petey Pirahna

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I know you're trolling, but I'm starting to consider making the entire decisions myself (with feedback from AEM) if people continue trying to move on ahead.
Hey if we do that I think we should add Owain to the FE chart.

He seems to be a highly requested character. :troll:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
An idea.

Since Pokemon and Fire Emblem are what I like to call "Fluid cast series" i.e. the cast changes a lot from game to game, why don't we go over the series beneath them like F-Zero, Earthbound, Wario and Kid Icarus first?

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I second this idea. Roster Prediction Discussion has shown that Pokemon and Fire Emblem are always a mess. It would be all the more power to us if we could knock out less complicated series first.

And I don't see what benefit this is as a thread if it really did come down to just two peoples' input. Is it asking a lot to stomach the differing rates of discussion from the OP's? There's more to come out others' own-paced discussion than to hold it back simply for one's convenience. The decisions made and conclusions reached on a natural time-frame work as a decent reference we can check to save time in future discussions.

I'm not saying to make this a free-ranged thread, far from it. I merely ask to either regard discussion that goes ahead of schedule as not detrimental to the thread, or to otherwise set an actual schedule for discussions rather than only when it appeals to a currently online OP. Either would be more efficient than having lone, two-person input or restricted and inconsistent time-frames, from what I've seen lately.

D

Deleted member

You should be grateful I allow any input at all.

This concept wasn't supposed to be a major group effort, and I've been generous to have group voting from time to time.
So yes, what you're proposing IS asking a lot. Especially when all I've been seeing is impatience just because people think they're done after a few votes when not even HALF A ****ING DAY is passed.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Sorry about that GY.

Maybe if we put a time and date on when the voting expires that would stop people jumping the gun. It'd play hell with time zones but I think we can figure something out.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I wasn't aware this wasn't supposed to be a group effort from the start. My apologies for the misconception.

I still think it's not out of question that we get some system running, however. A thing of "We'll discuss ___ from Monday to Wednesday, vote Thursday to Saturday, and tally/take a break on Sunday" would benefit the efficiency of the thread a lot more than just whenever at random intervals. This thread won't be of much use if most of the newcomers are already revealed by the time we finish narrowing down the charts to reasonable levels. Clearly the schedule could be anything much different from what I just suggested, I just think that something should be in order so people don't get impatient while we still move at a more productive rate than only when you come online.

Though it's still very much a valid point that people want to move on too quickly and that's where a lot of fault currently comes from. Again, creating a schedule can at least get users to feel like discussion "being finished early" is less of that and more of "allowing extra time for a second opinion". If you want people to shut up and sit still when they're done giving their input, that's a good way to start.

D

Deleted member

I usually go by 24 hour minimum, and that's if votes are near unanimous.
If not, then it can range from 24 to 60 hours depending on the voting.
This is because I want to give AEM time inbetween charts to edit so that he isn't outright swamped with them. He has a life too, you know.

Like right now, the votes are near unanimous to remove Petey, Meta Ridley, and Knuckle Joe while keeping Waluigi, Tingle, and Ridley.
I've planned on that and told AEM ahead of time to just have them removed when he gets around to making the charts. But I kept the voting anyway in case something unexpected were to happen, such as support to keep one of them or support to have someone like Tingle removed.

So now we're discussing Pokémon.
As I've said in the past, though, this chart is going in a specific direction. This is because of what Sakurai said in regards to adding Pokémon characters.

-The Veterans will all stay, but Pokémon Trainer is going to be split into the Trainer himself, Charizard, Squirtle, and Ivysaur. This is because Zelda/Sheik and Samus/Zero Suit Samus were split, and because we currently don't know WHAT'S going to happen with the Trainer.

-Mega Mewtwo and Mega Lucario will stay.

-Rayquaza will be cut because everybody wants him gone.

-Meowth will stay because he to this day still appears in the anime, meaning he still has a shot for Smash.

-Plusle & Minun will stay because of the common belief that "pra_mai" of Brawl's unused character data is them. (Even though I heavily doubt it was).

-Zoroark, Victini, and Genesect will stay because Sakurai claimed to not have done any market research on X/Y since it hasn't come out yet, while those three are the forerunners of B/W.

-Deoxys, Gardevoir, Darkrai, Dragonite, and Scizor are cut.

-Considering adding Eevee, Sylveon, and Blaziken (as well as Mega Blaziken).

This discussion will last until I get back; I need to take my laptop to get the screen repaired, so I won't be able to log on until who knows when.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I can definitely agree with all that (though I personally doubt that Pra_Mai was Plusle and Minun, but that's for another day, haha). I'd personally be okay with adding Blaziken.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
edit: Ignore, I should've read the last post more carefully.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Victini currently isn't the forerunner of anything. I suggest it gets removed from the list in neither being the most recent legendary nor the generational mascot. Otherwise, if we're going to keep Victini, we may as well add Keldeo and Meloetta for being Gen. 5 event legendaries as well. Victini is otherwise right up there with Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, and Manaphy, all of which show no signs of being anything beyond rare Pokeball Pokemon.

Like the rest, add Blaziken. Everything else seems fine.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm okay with adding Blaziken. Victini can be removed, I suppose. His chances are very low compared to Zoroark and Genesect. Oh, I don't think Eevee and Sylveon should be added, imo.

D

Deleted member

By that logic, Zoroark needs to be axed as well. Zoroark is neither the latest movie star (that's Genesect/Mewtwo) nor the mascot of 5th Gen (Victini is the closest thing to one outside the Tao Dragons). (posting on a 3DS)

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I don't think Blaziken fits well with Sakurai's criteria for picking Pokemon, but I do think Sylveon does.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
By that logic, Zoroark needs to be axed as well. Zoroark is neither the latest movie star (that's Genesect/Mewtwo) nor the mascot of 5th Gen (Victini is the closest thing to one outside the Tao Dragons). (posting on a 3DS)
That and Victini is Junichi Masuda's favorite Pokemon.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I don't think Blaziken fits well with Sakurai's criteria for picking Pokemon, but I do think Sylveon does.
He is being used as a promotion pokemon recently. He could qualify as a "hot" pokemon.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think we should keep the new Pokemon trainer slot so that we cover all the bases. Blaziken is notable enough that it and it's mega forme can be separate from the PKMN trainer blanket.

D

Deleted member

No.
If there is a new Trainer, it will be "Pokémon Trainer". Regardless of appearance of the Trainer, it will count as a confirmation.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Just to make sure. If a character on one of the upcoming lists to discuss is disconfirmed do they turn up sepia or do we just remove them?

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I actually think it would be good to add Sylveon, because it has been promoted a lot lately, and eevee, because it would make a unique fighter with all it's type combinations and whatnot.

Would you add the other Mega Pokemon as well because they're all being promoted?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I actually think it would be good to add Sylveon, because it has been promoted a lot lately, and eevee, because it would make a unique fighter with all it's type combinations and whatnot.

Would you add the other Mega Pokemon as well because they're all being promoted?

I'd think not because most of the game's development took place before the Mega Pokemon were revealed. Only Mewtwo's forme was reveal in any timescale to be included though Lucario and Blaziken have enough standing power on their own to be added with their Mega formes potentially being added as we speak.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So AEM, how's the chart abridging going?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So... Do we get back to discussion or do we wait until we're sure the site is stable?

D

Deleted member

Until the site is undeniably stable.
Also I have no idea on the status of the other charts, since I think AEM got flabbergasted when the site crashed.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Quite right, I am currently dead due to flabbergastedness.

Give me a day or two to respawn and I'll probably have something ready by then.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
And now we gotta update Toon Link's face. Sakurai isn't cuttign you a break huh, AEM?

Also we got opposite avatars! Your cutesy Call to my Angry Roll.

Top Bottom