• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Speculation Chart [WE UPDATE NOW]

D

Deleted member

There is no longer going to be an unexpected list.
Any characters not on the chart (once we finish up the new ones) will be added to their respective places if they are revealed, but will be given a currently undecided marker that designates they were not on the chart previously.

Hoping AEM finishes the ones that need to be finished soon so we can move on...

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Ah yes well, I would very much appreciate it if you would continue soon. Even though I haven't completed said lists, I feel like it would be better if Discussion continued. The topic has been dormant for some time now.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Sure Tornado.

I'd say the ones to keep are Falcon, Blood Falcon, Samurai, Jody, Black Shadow and maybe Rick Wheeler.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Blood Falcon is an easy palette swap for Captain Falcon, so I don't think he needs his own square.

Really I think the only characters that should be there for F-Zero should be Falcon, Black Shadow and Goroh. I don't know that anybody else really has a chance.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Captain Falcon, Black Shadow, and Samurai Goroh.

Only Rick Wheeler stands as a "maybe" otherwise. Everyone else seems perfectly reasonable to doubt beyond even considering.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I would argue that Pico should also probably remain on the list as well, but I agree with having Captain Falcon, Samurai Goroh, Black Shadow, and possibly Rick Wheeler.

D

Deleted member

It would be easier for me to just list those who people vote to stay since that's how people have been wording their votes.

Falcon is excluded from this list for obvious reasons.

Samurai Goroh: 6
Black Shadow: 6
Blood Falcon: 2
Jody Summer: 2
Rick Wheeler: 4 (3 are "maybe" votes)
Dr. Stewart: 1 ("maybe" vote)
Pico: 2 (both "maybe" votes)

EDIT: AEM's ninja vote added.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
On a slightly somewhat related, yet unrelated note. I finished a couple more of these list thingies I keep forgetting about.

y cant metroid crawl?

• Character pool changed in response to vote
• Now in new style

yoshi's new yarn island that nintendo has been avoiding

• Character pool changed in response to how unnecessary Baby Bowser is when Bowser Jr (who is mistaken for Baby Bowser by many) already exists in the Super Wahoo Brothers list.
• Now in new style

D

Deleted member

Thanks, AEM.

Front post updated.

Current standings:

Samurai Goroh: 8
Black Shadow: 8
Jody Summer: 2
Rick Wheeler: 4 (3 are "maybe" votes)
Dr. Stewart: 1 ("maybe" vote)
Pico: 2 (both "maybe" votes)

Seems to be a near landslide. Will probably end this one soon.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So two definites, two borderlines and 3 racked with insecurity.

D

Deleted member

Nah, two definites, one borderline, 6 insecure. (Remember that Phoenix and Deathborn are still there)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
A bit late, but Goroh, Black Shadow and Jody Summer are enough imo. Maybe votes to Dr. Stewart, Pico and Rick Wheeler.

D

Deleted member

Samurai Goroh: 10
Black Shadow: 10
Jody Summer: 3
Rick Wheeler: 5 (4 are "maybe" votes)
Dr. Stewart: 2 (both "maybe" votes)
Pico: 3 (all "maybe" votes)

.....yeah, pretty sure I should end it.
But it will be after work.

D

Deleted member

Alright, it has ended.
Just Goroh and B. Shadow stay.

Next order of business, before we move on to Mother, is Mario and Zelda (again).
It has come to my attention that there is a strong possibility of Rosalina being a hidden character to play as in Super Mario 3D World.
That being said, should she be brought back to the Mario list (along with Blue Toad)?

As for Zelda, should the upcoming A Link Between Worlds alter the Zelda list?
-Ghirahim is no longer the most recent villain, so should he be taken out? What about Yuga, who is the most recent; should he be added?
-A new Impa appears, but is just another old woman. So what should that mean for Skyward Sword's Impa?
-A counterpart to Zelda, Hilda is introduced as the ruler of the land of Lorule, a counterpart to Hyrule. Should she be added?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm pretty sure Yuga looked like a male. :p

Rosalina should be brought back, yes. The fact that the Comet Observatory is in the game means that she will be there in some form.

Blue Toad should be in as well. The Toon Link logic works here, I believe.

I think Yuga is too recent to be considered... And since Skyward Sword is definitely getting some attention, both Ghirahim and Impa should stay, imo.

I'll say no to Hilda. Her best shot is as a palette swap of Zelda.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
It has come to my attention that there is a strong possibility of Rosalina being a hidden character to play as in Super Mario 3D World.
That being said, should she be brought back to the Mario list (along with Blue Toad)?

-Ghirahim is no longer the most recent villain, so should he be taken out? What about Yuga, who is the most recent; should he be added?
-A new Impa appears, but is just another old woman. So what should that mean for Skyward Sword's Impa?
-A counterpart to Zelda, Hilda is introduced as the ruler of the land of Lorule, a counterpart to Hyrule. Should she be added?
Considering how Sakurai had finalized his selected roster quite some time ago yet Rosalina wasn't a vastly supported Mario character (compared to the other major candidates), if nobody has considered her a realistic choice within the past 5 months, I don't think she should be considered any more likely just because she has a chance of appearing in Super Mario 3D World. We don't even know for sure if she's playable or not. That said, I'm against adding her. Blue Toad I could sooner see us re-adding to the list (as much of a stretch that still seems to me).

Skyward Sword Impa should stay since that is without a doubt the most fighting-potent incarnation of her as well as one of her most well known. Again, design documents would have likely been done by then.
Ghirahim had recency and popularity as his main-going support. We can't predict how popular Yuga will be, but he'd easily beat out Ghirahim in terms of recency. Still, like Rosalina, he seems to have been revealed too late in development. Don't add him.
Don't add Hilda. Dark Pit would sooner be added than Hilda, and either of which are both too unimportant to their series and seem a lot more realistic as color swaps.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The only thing I'd really change is adding Blue Toad.

Everything else seems unnecessary to me.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Ghirahim does have a bit of popularity and certainly potential going for him, as well as being more recent, though recency does not usually help get characters in except for Pokemon.. If anything, when it comes to most franchises I'd say recency can actually help keep characters out. Ghirahim still currently tops Yuga in all factors, and seeing as how we don't know how popular Yuga would be and how the roster is probably finalized I'd choose to not add Yuga. Keep Ghirahim.

- I don't think this new, elderly Impa would affect Skyward Sword's Impa's chances much, espescially given how new ALBW is.

- Defintiley not. It doesn't really make much sense to add Zelda's new counterpart seeing as how new this game is, characters from games this recent usually do not get in except for some franchises, Zelda not being one of them. If there is to be any content from much more recent games, we most likely won't get a character from them. A stage perhaps, but not a playable character.

D

Deleted member

From my standpoint, I don't see reason to have any of the four mentioned Zelda characters.
There's really nothing that separates Ghirahim from Zant pre-Brawl. Yeah, Ghirahim has popularity, but in the long run, he's still just a minor one-off villain overshadowed by Ganondorf (or in this case, Ganondorf's ancestor).
Same goes for Yuga, with the added factor of being possibly too late for consideration.

Which also affects Hilda, outside of being literally a Zelda from a parallel world.
Impa was really nothing more than a passing fad. The idea only became somewhat widespread when the concept of her taking the place of the Sheik alter-ego for Zelda started popping into the heads of some people, one of which that took it to the extreme.
Seeing as Impa in general is a rather minor recurring character with only two incarnations serving as particularly battle-ready (at which the latest incarnation isn't), as well as Link being mainly TP styled as in Brawl, not that much of a reason to believe SS Impa will be playable, let alone in place of Sheik.

As for Rosalina, I don't think it's that late for her. Unlike the above examples (for Impa, I'm specifically referring to the SS incarnation), Rosalina has had a while to circulate as to not be "too new" (debuting before Brawl was released) and has had a few recurring appearances. She's also apparently a semi-major character to Nintendo, seeing as she's one of five "Nintendo Starlets" featured on a 3DS puzzle (the other four being Peach, Zelda (Skyward Sword), Zelda (Spirit Tracks), and Pauline). Curiously, Daisy, who's been around much longer and more of a common name for Mario fans, was left out in favor of Rosalina.
Not that I'm saying she's the next in line to be in Smash, but she's not someone to take lightly, especially since she's implied to have an active role in 3D World.

So to make a long story short, if it were solely up to me, I'd take out Ghirahim and Impa, bring back Rosalina, and add Blue Toad.
EDIT: Or at least leave Impa due to the whole "recurring like Link/Zelda/Ganon" thing (even if it's far less).

D

Deleted member

Furthermore, we will skip Mother, Fire Emblem, and Kid Icarus.
I've pretty much decided the best route for all three:

Mother-
Ness, Lucas, Porky, Ninten

Fire Emblem-
Marth, Roy, Ike, Chrom, Lucina, Avatar, Anna

Kid Icarus-
Pit, Palutena, Medusa, Viridi, Hades, Dark Pit
(Being "disconfirmed" on the old list is not grounds for removal)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'd add Lyn to Fire Emblem and remove Dark Pit from Kid Icarus but hey, your choice!

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
You forgot to add Owain to the list!

I would add Magnus. He's not an extremely likely choice at all, but under the same grounds of Dark Pit as being a recurrent story character within Uprising (and to actually be playable at one point), it seems only fair to have him so as to not set a double standard. I'd otherwise remove Dark Pit for the same reasons we'd remove Magnus.

Masked Man also seems like a likely Mother candidate (likely being a loose term for being one of the only possible Mother candidates), so I would add him as well were it my choice. He's had ample demand within the Mother fanbase, so it's worth consideration at the very least.

Other than that, I think you knocked out the series flawlessly. Excellent time-saver!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'd say keep Lyn as she was both an assist trophy in Brawl and the first FE character that most westerners played outside of smash.

But that said I'd keep Dark Pit too.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I say remove Dark Pit, and add Lyn and Masked Man.

Dark Pit because he was already a palette swap in Brawl, and I don't see him getting his own slot.

Lyn because she was the first Fire Emblem lord and was an AT in Brawl.

Masked Man because he seems to be the most popular Mother newcomer in the west.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
This is a cool idea, I might have to start participating.
I agree with Fal to keep Lyn and Masked Man.
Dark Pit shouldn't be cut out yet though. He is one of the most possible last minute semi-clones.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'd say remove Dark Pit considering he was already one of Pit's palette swaps in Brawl, and seeing as how getting more than one Kid Icarus newcomer is already unlikely as is, I'd expect a much more popular character and one with more potential to get in first.

Top Bottom