• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Speculation Chart [WE UPDATE NOW]

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
And now we gotta update Toon Link's face. Sakurai isn't cuttign you a break huh, AEM?
Oh no he isn't. I should probably stop playing a JonTron and actually finish these before we see another confirmation / deconfirmation.
Also we got opposite avatars! Your cutesy Call to my Angry Roll.
I suppose that is true.
That makes us rivals now.

I guess I should probably get to making these now...
Smell ya later GuyBrush!

EDIT: Actually I should probably bring this up. I have been considering redesigning these lists to fit more into the "Minislot" style because I'm starting to find that making them in this style to be incredibly easier (Smaller image size means more usable images). It would probably be easier to make them more obvious by who is confirmed and who isn't. So tell me what you think! I'll be making a mock-up of what it would look like.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I should probably stop playing a JonTron and actually finish these before we see another confirmation / deconfirmation.

I find this highly relevant.

Anyway, look forward to seeing what you got.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
So I made two mock-ups, the only difference between the two are how deconfirmed characters look.
(Toad is used an example for deconfirmed characters, whether he is actually deconfirmed or not is to be decided by youuuuuuuu)
Version 1:

Version 1 has characters separated by background color.
Blue = Confirmed
Gray = Status Unknown
Red = Deconfirmed

Pretty straight forward.

Version 2:

Version 2 has deconfirmed characters disappear into the background.

Not a big difference, but it's kinda visually interesting.
So what do you guys prefer?
(A) Original Style (Viridi is consider deconfirmed in this pic)
(B) New Style V.1
(C) New Style V.2

D

Deleted member

The older style has more nostalgic value to me (despite being what, 2 years old at the maximum, lol), but this newer style is definitely more efficient.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
So I made two mock-ups, the only difference between the two are how deconfirmed characters look.
(Toad is used an example for deconfirmed characters, whether he is actually deconfirmed or not is to be decided by youuuuuuuu)
Version 1:

Version 1 has characters separated by background color.
Blue = Confirmed
Gray = Status Unknown
Red = Deconfirmed

Pretty straight forward.

Version 2:

Version 2 has deconfirmed characters disappear into the background.

Not a big difference, but it's kinda visually interesting.
So what do you guys prefer?
(A) Original Style (Viridi is consider deconfirmed in this pic)
(B) New Style V.1
(C) New Style V.2
Did you make the Geno one?
I would like a render of it.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I could use the rest of his shoes, but thats fine.
That was my source image, so that was the best I could find.
lo siento

SO, it seems the majority is in favor of New Style Ver. 2.
I'll let some more people share their feelings and I'll continue to work on the lists to catch up to Pokémon. Once I've completed them, I suppose discussion can continue.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Apologies for the double post, but I'd like to see if I can get a conversation going.

So in the example for the new style of the lists, I put Toad as a deconfirmed character.
Do you think Toad can be considered deconfirmed at this point? Or should we still keep him as a plausible character?
no this is totally not me trying to keep this topic alive while i work on those lists, totally not

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Deconfirmed. Otherwise its a double standard imo.

Saying "Toad isn't deconfirmed because the game isn't finished and they can change Peach" is like saying "Balloon Fighter isn't deconfirmed because the game isn't finished and they can change Villager"

D

Deleted member

There should be one for "questionable", which pertains to both characters that have been seemingly disconfirmed and characters that are heavily rumored (such as Little Pac-Miis).

EDIT: Except that the logic is not "they can change Peach". It's "There is another 'Toad' that could be playable instead". Like how we have stage cameo Toon Link based off of Spirit Tracks and playable Toon Link based off of Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
After Toon Link's reveal, I'm doubtful whether Toad is truly discomfirmed or not.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I don't know what to say, personally.
I mean I do think that we could see another Toad as a playable character, but he'd have to look visibly different from the Toad Peach has to protect herself. So it would probably be the Blue one, or maybe even the Red one with the Red vest.

But if Toad was a playable a character, wouldn't you expect him to look like the Toad (red spots and blue vest)? Which is what makes me doubt him being playable if he's still Peach's neutral special.

There should be one for "questionable", which pertains to both characters that have been seemingly disconfirmed and characters that are heavily rumored (such as Little Pac-Miis).
Hm, I don't know about that. Sorta seems kinda excessive if you ask me, since that still sorta fits under status unknown.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Let's look at it this way. The Toad on the chart is specifically the one Peach is holding and therefore deconfirmed. Any other Toad is a differnt character and would go on the Unexpected list. Unless you wanna add Blue and Yellow toad to the initial list.

D

Deleted member

I'm pretty much through with the Unexpected list.
They'll just be added to the chart with a symbol that signifies that they were previously not on the chart until their reveal.

In the case of Toad, the whole logic people have that we could get the Blue Toad like in 3D World means that it wouldn't be unexpected anyway if it did end up like that.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
So I've been a bit busy, got three charts done so far,
Take a look at them!

Super Mario Brothers

+ Changed character selection in response to vote
+ Now in new list style with new icons
+ Peach confirmed!!!!!!!!! (totally not late)
- Toad will remain deconfimed for the time being, but if a Toad does show up he'll be added to the list with a special outline!1!!1!!1! (Very fancy!)

Donkey Kong

The Legend of Zelda

+ Changed character selection in response to vote
+ Toon Link confirmed!!!!!!!!
- Young Link and Worlds Link are now deconfirmed, as the chances of a third playable Link are highly unlikely

---

So yeah I'm getting there. Since I'm getting these done, franchise character selection should now continue (If that's okay with Golden).

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Nice work so far.

Too bad DK: Tropical Freeze got pushed back but in a way doesn't mean you have to update the DK list so soon.

On that topic I'd wait for Pokemon X&Y to release before we do anything involving the pokemon.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Man, and I was really looking forward to that King K. Rool Reveal... :p

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I hate to be a bother, but I do think Toad still has at least some chance. I don't even think the one with red spots and blue vest is deconfirmed yet, honestly. Although, since so many disagree on that, at least have a separate icon for the blue "Toad", since he's obviously not deconfirmed.

D

Deleted member

After the Toon Link debacle, I'm inclined to agree that we shouldn't count a Toad out just yet.
I'm all for including a separate "Blue Toad" spot if AEM is up for it.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
After the Toon Link debacle, I'm inclined to agree that we shouldn't count a Toad out just yet.
Thanks. I wanted to keep up with this when I found it, but I was a bit hesitant because it said Toad was entirely deconfirmed.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
No reason to deny the little guy a second chance, but I still think to would be best to just name him Toad still.

D

Deleted member

No reason to deny the little guy a second chance, but I still think to would be best to just name him Toad still.
Duly noted.
I merely mentioned "Blue Toad" in case you thought it would be confusing to have one "Toad" counted out while another "Toad" still in the running.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
I think the Toad move doesn't really change anything. Red Toad can still be in. I don't get why Toad being a move deconfirmed him. There has been many scenarios including some in Smash where Toad was with another Toad.

D

Deleted member

None of which feature a playable one and a NPC sharing the same color scheme (to my knowledge).

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
None of which feature a playable one and a NPC sharing the same color scheme (to my knowledge).
Honestly, I think that's just the case because you only play as that Toad in the spin-off games. Though I feel like there's a crowd SOMEWHERE in a game that breaks that rule...I just can't find anything about it on the internet.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
Apparently the Toads that aren't "THE Toad" are called the Mushroom Retainers much like Ypshi and Birdo. Look at the wiki. It says Toadsworth took Toads place as the helping role. And now Toad was becoming less relevant. Until he took more important roles like the Toad Brigade Captain and the two other Toads, Blue and Yellow, are taking playable roles. So maybe we can have the Brigade Captain or Blue Toad.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Apparently the Toads that aren't "THE Toad" are called the Mushroom Retainers much like Ypshi and Birdo. Look at the wiki. It says Toadsworth took Toads place as the helping role. And now Toad was becoming less relevant. Until he took more important roles like the Toad Brigade Captain and the two other Toads, Blue and Yellow, are taking playable roles. So maybe we can have the Brigade Captain or Blue Toad.
Blue Toad over the Brigade Captain any day. With the blue toad, everyone's happy due to recolors...with the Brigade Captain, he has a huge backpack and isn't just your typical toad.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I'd prefer the Blue Toad over the Brigade Captain.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
One quesion, if a character shows up as an alt costume do we mark them as in?

Top Bottom