• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Speculation Chart [WE UPDATE NOW]

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
No Additions for Mother
F-Zero, I know it's slim but Jody Summers and Dr. Stewart both got trophies in Melee. Leading me to believe that they could get looks from Sakurai. Maybe just as ATs, maybe not at all, maybe playable. So my vote goes to both of them.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
I vote Mighty Gazelle for an F-Zero rep. He's just a very interesting choice to me I vote no additions on the other series.

andimidna

Smash Master
The only possibility for F-Zero now is Black Shadow. Captain Falcon is in and Samurai Goroh is out.
Mother will probably stay just Ness and Lucas. But Ninten should be there as he's the original protagonist of the series, Porky should be there as an important/recurring villain, and Masked Man should be there for his popularity
*looks at charts*
Ah, and that's what the charts are exactly. Nice.
I mean, who else are they going to add? Jody Summer, Paula, Kumatora? Why, because they're women? Poo? Jeff?
I get he was an AT but he's nothing compared to Little Mac.

Oh, wait...
There is that guy...
Heh. Almost forgot him. It's not hard to.
It's almost impossible to imagine him as a playable character, but he's got his merits. From what I've heard he seems to be the main villain of he series, not Porky. Anybody with that title deserves a chance, right?

I'm going to be weird and vote Giygas.
But no additions for F-Zero.

D

Deleted member

F-Zero:
1 vote No Additions
2 Unresolved Votes

Mother:
1 vote Giygas
2 vote No Additions

F-Zero, I know it's slim but Jody Summers and Dr. Stewart both got trophies in Melee. Leading me to believe that they could get looks from Sakurai. Maybe just as ATs, maybe not at all, maybe playable. So my vote goes to both of them.
Only one vote.
Also, that is not good enough reasoning. Samurai Goroh got a trophy in Melee too, was one of the leading candidates for an F-Zero newcomer, and ended up as an Assist twice.
If you're voting for them to be Assists, I've explained before that the chart isn't for that.

I vote Mighty Gazelle for an F-Zero rep. He's just a very interesting choice to me I vote no additions on the other series.
I need a little more reasoning than "interesting", please.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Something new? Alright, I got this.
The reason to bandwagon Sceptile is because Sceptile is being bandwagoned ;)
These charts are now being used to reflect DLC. So who's Sakurai going to choose? Surely there are many deserving characters with tons of merits left not included! But wait! Who's this Pokemon everybody is suddenly asking for?
And bam. People get their Grass rep and their Hoenn rep not because there needed to be one, but because they wanted one.
Except the bandwagon for Sceptile is still extremely small compared to the other big names that will become DLC first. Mewtwo, K. Rool, Isaac, Roy, and quite a few others that aren't already fulfilling a spot in Smash 4 have had and continue to have demand throughout the years. For Sceptile to suddenly gain attention again without an undeniably unique mechanic, a newfound key role to the series, or a fanbase as sizeable and hard to ignore as Sonic's was, I fail to see why Sceptile would be considered such a big contender. If numbers is Sceptile's ticket, those numbers have to compete with everyone, not just Pokemon characters.

Unless this bandwagon turns into a cult into a fanbase into an uproar for Sceptile able to rival that of Ridley or Mewtwo between now and the time DLC is announced, there's no reason to believe late-found popularity will be enough to get Sceptile in. Flavor of the Month Pokemon, like Zoroark and Genesect, and Deoxys and Darkrai before them, are always short-lived in requests and are regulated to side-roles at best. The way things stand as is, we've absolutely zero reason to believe the same wouldn't apply to Sceptile. Requests for Sceptile will inevitably plummet when Pokemon Z/X2-Y2/XZ-YZ/whatever third version gets announced, and the cycle will continue. That is my problem with this bandwagon. It focuses on the shortsighted new-found fondness for Sceptile and its availability in a couple of upcoming versions, rather than on what Sceptile will have to contribute for the rest of this generation and generations to come.

tl;dr: If the only other reason for adding him is because he's going to be "popular", then it's more than apparent of just how many of us today have voted today solely on what we want right now rather than what we believe will be a contending character for more than a year to come. Regardless, we're finished with Pokemon characters now and Sceptile has been added (without Swampert no less, what wonderful asymmetry we have now!), so it's time for us all to move on.

=========

No Additions for either. Both series have little in the way of viable characters. Black Shadow is F-Zero's only other option at this point as a potential transfer of Ganondorf's old moveset and the series' main antagonist. Ninten was Mother's original protagonist, Porky is the main antagonist, and Masked Man has cult popularity as well as a essential role in Mother 3. Nobody else in either series stands out as important, and neither series needs another character in the first place.
It's almost impossible to imagine him as a playable character, but he's got his merits. From what I've heard he seems to be the main villain of he series, not Porky. Anybody with that title deserves a chance, right?

I'm going to be weird and vote Giygas.
But no additions for F-Zero.
Shouldn't the fact that he's impossible to imagine as a playable character mean he has no merits in the first place? Unlike Mr. Game & Watch and Wii Fit Trainer, who were impossible to imagine as playable at their times, Giygas literally has no tangible form. His attacks are literally unable to be comprehended by the human mind. Giygas could sooner be a stage than a character. Consider that before telling me we really need him on the chart.

Last edited:

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
Shouldn't the fact that he's impossible to imagine as a playable character mean he has no merits in the first place? Unlike Mr. Game & Watch and Wii Fit Trainer, who were impossible to imagine as playable at their times, Giygas literally has no tangible form. His attacks are literally unable to be comprehended by the human mind. Giygas could sooner be a stage than a character. Consider that before telling me we really need him on the chart.
Now I'm not exactly a Mother fan, but wasn't Giygas an alien that looked similar to Mewtwo before he became the red swirly incomprehensible evil thing in Earthbound?

Anyway, going with no additions for both franchises.

The chart essentially already has the "iconic" Mother characters(by that I mean the ones who appeared in Brawl), plus two others that are requested within the fanbase. I suppose Jeff might be more well-known due to Brawl, but I don't see him getting in over Porky.

I think the only real options for F-Zero are Goroh and Black Shadow, with the former already an Assist Trophy. They're pretty much the only characters the average Nintendo-but-has-never-played-F-Zero-fan would hear about. As much as I would love Octoman, it's Black Shadow or bust.

D

Deleted member

F-Zero:
3 votes No Additions
3 Unresolved Votes

Mother:
1 vote Giygas
4 votes No Additions

I want to vote no additions for Mother/Earthbound. As for F-Zero, I vote Jody Summer and Mighty Gazelle.
*sighs*
I literally just told someone else they can't vote for two characters and that reasoning has to be given.

He had a physical, Mewtwo-esque form in the original game.

And to be fair, Porky's attacks in Mother 3 were also Giygas-level of comprehension, yet he was more than comprehensible in Brawl as a boss.

Last edited by a moderator:

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
He had a physical, Mewtwo-esque form in the original game.

And to be fair, Porky's attacks in Mother 3 were also Giygas-level of comprehension, yet he was more than comprehensible in Brawl as a boss.
I forgot about "Giegue", heh heh. Point aside, with Mewtwo heavily inspired by him and the most requested character to date, do you think the two would realistically ever coexist in a Smash Bros. game? Lesser known version of Giygas versus global phenomenon series' most popular legendary?

Giegue can technically exist in a Smash Bros. setting, but having a tangible form shouldn't be enough to add a character onto the chart. He's far from a necessary addition for the Mother series. Not that I believe you think otherwise, I'm just speaking towards everyone else here who might.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Giygas is the main villain of the franchise.
That is why he's worthy of the chart.

Having a tangible form is merely what prevents him from being automatically DQ'd.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Jeff for Mother. On the grounds he was an assist trophy that hasn't been seen yet and a few rumours that may or may not have already been debunked have had him.

Jody Summer for F-Zero on the grounds of being the "good" character to get the most focus besides Falcon and TypicalAnimeProtagonist#6342561.
Though if I was voting on completely personal grounds I'd go for Mrs. Arrow, just for her theme song.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
i dont know enough about f-zero to vote properly so im gonna skip voting for that one

as for mother i vote no additions because i really doubt we'll get any more from this series

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
F-Zero:
1 vote No Additions
2 Unresolved Votes

Mother:
1 vote Giygas
2 vote No Additions

Only one vote.
Also, that is not good enough reasoning. Samurai Goroh got a trophy in Melee too, was one of the leading candidates for an F-Zero newcomer, and ended up as an Assist twice.
If you're voting for them to be Assists, I've explained before that the chart isn't for that.

I need a little more reasoning than "interesting", please.
He's the coolest looking one, and stands out in the crowd among 29 other racers. Plus, I feel he would be easier to make a move set for than a more important character such as Dr. Stuart.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
The week has ended. Time to update.

Pre-Smash 64
Do you have a link to the image that alice is from by chance?

I vote for No Additions to Either. The only change I personally think should be made is to change Claus' name to Masked Man.

Edit: Did Mr. Resetti get deconfirmed as an assist trophy?

Last edited:

TORNADO BUS DRIVER

Smash Lord
Do you have a link to the image that alice is from by chance?

I vote for No Additions to Either. The only change I personally think should be made is to change Claus' name to Masked Man.

Edit: Did Mr. Resetti get deconfirmed as an assist trophy?

there.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I vote No Additions for either. The only ones with any hope are already on the chart.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Voting Jody Summer for F-Zero, she's significantly over shadowed, but she's pretty notable in both the anime and the games, and if gender is a factor to Sakurai I guess she has a shot (if a slim one).

No addition for Mother, we have the heroes and the villains on the chart already and Mr. Saturn is deconfirmed, no-one else is needed.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

F-Zero:
2 votes Jody Summer
13 votes No Additions
2 Unresolved Votes

Mother:
3 votes Giygas
1 vote Jeff
11 votes No Additions
1 Unresolved Vote

He's the coolest looking one, and stands out in the crowd among 29 other racers. Plus, I feel he would be easier to make a move set for than a more important character such as Dr. Stuart.
"Coolest looking one" ties into the "interesting" reason. You're going to need to give me reasonings such as role, popularity, etc. that can put him ahead of 30+ racers.
Ease of moveset also is rather iffy.

I vote Poo for Earthbound.
I vote no additions for F-Zero.
Like AEM said, need a reason for Poo.

You need to give a reason as to why Poo should be on the chart and why F-Zero shouldn't have any additional characters put on the chart.
Actually, there needs to be no explanation for No Additions. It's only when a character is first being suggested that reasoning must be given.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
F-Zero:
2 votes Jody Summer
13 votes No Additions
2 Unresolved Votes

Mother:
3 votes Giygas
1 vote Jeff
11 votes No Additions
1 Unresolved Vote

"Coolest looking one" ties into the "interesting" reason. You're going to need to give me reasonings such as role, popularity, etc. that can put him ahead of 30+ racers.
Ease of moveset also is rather iffy.

Like AEM said, need a reason for Poo.

Actually, there needs to be no explanation for No Additions. It's only when a character is first being suggested that reasoning must be given.
I'll change my vote to Pico. He's one of the original four F-Zero pilots and has had more in game appearances than Jody Summer has. Not to mention his savage nature makes him a good choice for Smash Bros. Since he could also count as a villain or at least a rival to some.

D

Deleted member

F-Zero:
2 votes Jody Summer
1 vote Pico
14 votes No Additions
2 Unresolved Votes

Mother:
4 votes Giygas
1 vote Jeff
12 votes No Additions
1 Unresolved Vote

black shadow
Stop voting for characters that are already on the chart.

On another note, I'm ironically able to be online unlike what I said yesterday, so putting the two franchises together wasn't necessary after all. Heh...

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
On another note, I'm ironically able to be online unlike what I said yesterday, so putting the two franchises together wasn't necessary after all. Heh...
It definitely saved time, though. It wouldn't hurt to do this with some of the other smaller franchises we have remaining. We otherwise get entire half-days devoted to things like we had with Metroid and Yoshi. At the very least, Kid Icarus and Pikmin could both benefit from this based on how we've already got the entirety of what we need from them already on their charts. I'd say Fire Emblem and Wario as well, but no doubt we're going to get another B-list addition somewhere on each of those.

Any chance we could also wrap up what we have currently of F-Zero and Mother? No Additions has more than twice as many votes as everything else put together within each series. It doesn't seem necessary to keep going at this point.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Agreed. Neither F-Zero nor Mother will receive additions.

Next up, since it will help save time, both Fire Icarus and Kid Emblem.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
No additions for either.

All the heavy hitters are already on there, and I can't think of anyone else that should have a spot on the chart.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Smash veterans (two confirmed), the assist trophy (remaining as such), the most recurrent character in the series, the two current Lords (one a character, one a final smash), and the player character archetype/also recent Lord (confirmed character). In a series as big as Fire Emblem, nobody else has any significance. I can already tell someone is going to suggest Tiki, but even she's only been in just a few games in the series' 14 titles as a minor character in each. If numbers are the thing that gets our next Fire Emblem character in, that would go to Anna without a doubt, who is already on the chart. No additions, in other words.

Kid Icarus is even more straightforward. We have every single major character from Uprising on the chart already. Everyone else had either minor roles or appearanced for only a very brief part of the game. Thanatos and Pandora are the only real choices remaining, and even then Medusa and Hades are tiers way above them as villainous characters. No more Kid Icarus additions.

Last edited:
Top Bottom