• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Speculation Chart [WE UPDATE NOW]

D

Deleted member

Also... Golden.. what will happen to the charts if DLC gets disconfirmed?

....which would mean every option that hadn't already been filled out with a confirmation or disconfirmation would be automatically disconfirmed. And then the charts are officially dead.
And the thread is locked since there's no more use for the charts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21

Sorry for the off topic, I couldn't resist...

Edit:
....which would mean every option that hadn't already been filled out with a confirmation or disconfirmation would be automatically disconfirmed. And then the charts are officially dead.
And the thread is locked since there's no more use for the charts.
Actually this is pretty sad (also, this turned my post not totally OFF TOPIC anymore)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Voting for no additions again. I just don't believe Sceptile is happening (Even if I gave the bandwagon a chance). I only see Mewtwo and/or Jigglypuff as our playable Pokemon

D

Deleted member

My point was.. we already have amiibo to buy... and we will need to buy DLC? This is too much...
Sorry, I need to be more detailed LOL
amiibo isn't exclusive to Smash you know. And it's not like Skylanders or Disney Infiniti where they're a necessity to the game.
Aside from that, Nintendo has done both paid DLC and free DLC over the span of their titles that feature DLC. We don't know how potential Smash DLC would be handled.

4 votes Sceptile
3 votes No Additions
3 Unresolved Votes

I vote Kalos Pokemon Trainer(s).
This is one time I cannot allow a vote for a non-charted suggestion.
There is not going to be a Trainer in Smash anymore due to mid-match character changes (excluding Final Smashes) being removed. Hence why Charizard is solo and why Greninja is also playable without a Trainer (which would be a Kalos Trainer).
Pick something else.
Add Scizor
(Also are there clear rules to adding to this roster, the OP isn't extremely detailed in that regards).
EDIT: I forgot Greninja took the pokemon slot for X and Y, making Sylveon highly unlikely.
The main rule is that if you can provide a logical reason as to why a previously non-suggested character (which Scizor is since you were the first to place a vote for it), the character will be eligible for a vote. (Established after DK vote, heavily enforced after Kirby vote)
Other rules include
-No voting for already disconfirmed characters not on the chart (i.e. Skull Kid, Rayman, Yellow Devil, etc.).
-No voting for characters already on the chart (which should be obvious, but we've had some cases where people voted for Ridley and Bandana Waddle Dee).
-No voting characters off the chart.
etc.
I'm going to vote Scizor, I know he has a hells bells chance of getting in, but it's still a chance regardless!
And dammit I am voting for my favorite Pokemon come hell or high water!
I need reasoning from you other than being your favorite if the poster I quoted above doesn't give reasoning for Scizor first.

Ultimately I just think Sceptile is as good as a fit as the already charted Blaziken in the more-than-zero chance that Sakurai wants to rep third gen Pokemon ****, especially if Sakurai is at all interested in "replacing" Ivysaur. Which isn't inconceivable.

The pool of conceivable Pokemon candidates is shallow, but since we can realistically draw from Gen 1, 3, 5, and 6, and because picks would realistically seem to be limited to starters (Pokemon Trainer and Greninja) and heavily promoted Pokemon (everyone else) not already in a Pokeball, Sceptile stands with little company imo.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm voting Sceptile too.

I'm torn between him and no additons... but I think no harm will be done if we add him, really. And also because I think he has as much a chance as Blaziken.

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
I vote no additions, Sceptile just doesn't seem like he's going to get in. The Grass;Water;Fire thing has been in Brawl and nothing else, and Sceptile overall hasn't done much in the franchise.

andimidna

Smash Master
I don't seriously think Sceptile will be in. I expect Mewtwo and Jigglypuff.

However, I do believe his chance is on par with Blaziken, and better than every Pokemon other than those 3 and the confirmed 4.
Therefore, deserving to be on a chart of candidates.

My vote is Sceptile.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I vote Hawlucha because he seems to be a bit of a dark horse in the community plus Ash got one recently so they must know of it.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Reasonings?
its a little late but my reasoning was that aged hare could offer something unique and i felt the whole team should be on there

as for pokemon im gonna have to vote for no additions as there is way to many pokemon for us to accurately guess what new ones we'd get and theres nothing to suggest sakurai would even considered a starter trio

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
OK I'll try, but I'm not quite sure what counts and what doesn't but I'll take a stab at the dark.

- Scizor has been a very relevant and popular pokemon though out the Pokemon generations since his introduction in Gen ll. He's been a staple of the competitive Pokemon community where his abilities and moveset has made him one of the best Pokemon to choose from.

- He was also one of the 26 Pokemon to have received the privilege of mega-evolution, also having been teased with this upcoming Movie, being alongside both mega-mewtwo X and Y, hinting at a probability of making him a certain significance.

- He has also been in a previous Smash brothers game, appearing as a pokeball pokemon in Melee, since then he has developed a fanbase, albeit relatively small and hipsterish *Adjusts scarf*

- Scizor also fits in the list of potential Pokemon candidates, being a bipedal/semi-bipedal pokemon of near human height and weight with a large movepool that translates well into the Smash movesets.

TORNADO BUS DRIVER

Smash Lord
Shall vote N, he can fight on his and have some Pokemon for some of his moves, not got a large chance. shall vote tho due to small chance.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Hmm.... I don't really think Sceptile will be happening even as DLC (assuming Sakurai will do new character DLC that is) Then again, I'm more a Swampert/Deoxys guy when it comes to third gen so it might just be my own bias talking...

I'll go with no additions again I suppose....

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Smeargle, because Adeleine needs to be in, even as a Pokèmon!!!!!!
Just kidding.
I'll vote for Sceptile. I'm not really a big fan of Pokèmon, but it seems like the most possible choice, keeping in consideration that Mewtwo is already in the chart.
There is also Deoxys, but it looks like a very floating character (and I think that's the reason why he wasn't playable in Brawl despite the requests), unlike Mewtwo who fights mostly on ground even in Pokèmon Origins, despite him being able to float too.
Or maybe they will put in a less-humanoid pokèmon this time? who knows, pokèmons are so many.

Last edited:

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Can I vote for alts as well?

I would love seeing Clefairy as a Jigglypuff alt since Clefairy is really populair still.

Last edited:

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
I vote for N. I think that since he is a popular NPC and would be a great representation for the series. N would be a great representation of the series.

• The villains. With the except of Mewtwo, the Pokemon characters can be considered god guys. N is the leader of the villainous Team Plasma.
  • The rivals. The rival is a character that appears in each game battling the player throughout out the game. N appears multiple times throughout Black and White battle the player.
  • The champion. In the story mode, N has beaten the Champion before you and then becomes the Champion, and you must battle him.
  • The trainers. Without Pokemon Trainer, we are now missing 1/2 of the series. While the Pokemon are important, the people who control them in battle are just as important to the series.
  • The bond between a trainer and their Pokemon. This has been mentioned multiple times in the games (Unova and Kalos), and has appeared in the anime and the manga.
TLDR: N would be great rep for Pokemon DLC.

Gamer YTP

Smash Rookie
NNID
GTP376Number2
I vote for Mewtwo and Jigglypuff (Assuming you can vote for 2 characters). Mewtwo is from Gen 1, has been in a Smash game before, and is a highly recognizable Pokémon. Jigglypuff is part of the original 12, so I doubt she's going anywhere.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
I vote for Mewtwo and Jigglypuff (Assuming you can vote for 2 characters). Mewtwo is from Gen 1, has been in a Smash game before, and is a highly recognizable Pokémon. Jigglypuff is part of the original 12, so I doubt she's going anywhere.
They both are on the chart. We are voting for characters not on the chart.

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
My reasoning for adding Panther is this: he's the newest addition to the franchise much like Crystal yet still has his own appeal. He was one of the three primary fugitives in Star Wolf while evening coming in second most wanted, even above Leon who has been in the series longer. As far as a fighting style, he could either have a unique slash and dash type of gameplay. He could attempt to swipe at you like a cat which we have only seen somewhat with Wolf. You could even add his rose theme to him in that he is essentially a glass cannon. You can't take too much damage before he starts losing steam. I'd also love to see them add his tale into the fray, another feature not seen too much. (Can't remember with Diddy, never really played as him.)
He deserves the next rep slot after Krystal and even before Slippy. Slippy doesn't want to fight, has been shown to be strong when needed but weak overall so adding him would only be a head scratcher as to why they would. The only other character that should possibly enter smash so far in the SF series is Andross in his body form. That's a discussion for another day but Panther deserved the rep. I hate the option of "no additions," its asinine to the logic of speculation. Yes Krystal would come before Panther but who knows if they'll draft 2 for reasons we don't know until announcement. Its happened with Kirby and could with Metroid since ZSS is her own entity now.

TL;DR no additions can go out back with old yeller. Panther deserved the credit he deserves.

As for Pokemon, Scizor

D

Deleted member

9 votes Sceptile
3 votes Scizor
1 vote Hawlucha
2 votes N
5 votes No Additions
4 Unresolved Votes

Can I vote for alts as well?
I would love seeing Clefairy as a Jigglypuff alt since Clefairy is really populair still.
We're not voting for alts. I probably should have made that clear....

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I vote for Bidoof.

Just kidding. My vote goes to Sceptile. After Jiggz and Mewtwo, he is the only one with any chance.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I thought that was just for the first vote of a character.
Plus, you know why, even if you don't agree with it.
Well then, humor me and say what Sceptile's merit was again, because I honestly forgot beyond the whole "muh hoenn rep" and "muh starter types" things I keep hearing people say in a couple of sentences. I'm assuming there's more of a reason to bandwagon Sceptile than for what we're all saying with just those two things, right?

Right?

...Riiiiiiight?

Last edited:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Well then, humor me and say what Sceptile's merit was again, because I honestly forgot beyond the whole "muh hoenn rep" and "muh starter types" things I keep hearing people say in a couple of sentences. I'm assuming there's more of a reason to bandwagon Sceptile than for what we're all saying with just those two things, right?

Right?

...Riiiiiiight?
Because he was my first Pokemon. :lol:

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Because he was my first Pokemon. :lol:
It'd have been Treecko then you butt

Neat, Typhlosion was mine!

In all seriousness I'd really rather we not add Sceptile if those fabricated patterns are the only reason for adding him but leave it to majority to say otherwise I guess.

Last edited:
Fabricated patterns are pretty much all anyone has to go on with Pokemon. It's a tricky franchise to predict. The pattern established thus far is that if it's a starter or a promotional Pokemon from a relevant generation at the time of Smash's character development (black/white, x/y, and now ruby/sapphire if DLC is happening), it's a contender. Take away everyone in a pokeball, and the starters without a workable body structure, and Sceptile is really one of the only remainders. It's not just people's need to have a grass starter to fill out the roster that draws them to Sceptile. The big lizard certainly has as much justification for being on such a list as, uh, Blaziken or Genesect.

D

Deleted member

Rather than the "starter trio" pattern bs, there is the more reasonable concept that Sakurai could be interested in a spiritual successor to Ivysaur and Sceptile happens to fit the script especially with ORAS on the horizon. Greninja can be seen as a spiritual successor to Squirtle, somewhat.

Much like Toon Link to Young Link.

andimidna

Smash Master

Right?

...Riiiiiiight?
Something new? Alright, I got this.
The reason to bandwagon Sceptile is because Sceptile is being bandwagoned ;)
These charts are now being used to reflect DLC. So who's Sakurai going to choose? Surely there are many deserving characters with tons of merits left not included! But wait! Who's this Pokemon everybody is suddenly asking for?
And bam. People get their Grass rep and their Hoenn rep not because there needed to be one, but because they wanted one.

D

Deleted member

10 votes Sceptile
3 votes Scizor
1 vote Hawlucha
2 votes N
6 votes No Additions
4 Unresolved Votes

Gonna call it now since it's been more than 24 hours.
Sceptile and Mega Sceptile will be added to the chart.

Next up, I'll do both F-Zero and Mother at the same time; probably won't be online to keep track of the votes until the evening, and both series seem like half day-ers.

Top Bottom