• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Speculation Chart [WE UPDATE NOW]

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I wish Adeleine was the DLC rep.:cry: Oh, well. I vote no additions. Star Fox has essentially got everyone they need on the chart.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'd say the star fox vote is looking one sided. The Pokemon Vote is going to be heckina handbasket.

D

Deleted member

I didn't know Adeleine was in DK64. :troll:

Also, I vote no additions.
*facepalm*
I can't believe I made that typo.

11 votes No Additions.
4 Unresolved Votes
yeah like thats something they would never do with starfox charcters
anyway i vote peppy
Oh come on, Panther and Andross easily could be new additions and wouldn't have to follow the same clones move set that is plaguing this series so far.
I vote Panther
the great leon
Yet blue toad and toad isn't overdoing it or all them kongs. XD I vote Leon "Who do you think I am?!"
Reasonings?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I'll vote no additions. Its got everyone needed on the chart & I think anyone after Slippy & Krystal are not likely happening

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
No additions.

The only characters that are actually noteworthy to the series beyond what we have are Peppy, General Pepper, and Andross. The former two are advice-figures with no apparent moveset potential not better done by someone else (in addition to having absolutely no requests), while the latter is already a confirmed assist trophy.

Another half-day wouldn't be half-bad at this point.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Beyond Peppy and Andross, I can't think of anyone that significant, and Andross has already bitten the dust, and the only thing Peppy's got that Slippy and Krystal don't is slightly more importance. And that's not much.
So no additions.
the great leon
What?! A vote for Leon?! This can't be happening!
:troll:

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
this, anyway the votes got influenced by the "fight" and that comment by the author of the therad saying that people should not vote Adeleine because she doesn't make sense. There's nothing that can be done now, as remaking this would make the same results, but theorically it isn't much fair.

EDIT: Don't mind, I know why Magolor got so many votes now.
http://smashboards.com/threads/bandana-dee-the-spear-master.324430/page-126#post-17228254
The Bandana Dee thread has so much visibility because he's a popular character, so they're mainly Waddle Dee supporters voting him just because he's from their favorite game, saying even that's not THAT important.
Seems more like voting for the sake of excluding Adeleine more than voting for the character himself, and tha't pretty lame. If they were votes made with logic, they should have been "no additions".

I got it, sorry for continuing this a bit, I'll stop it here anyway.
I was voting based on logic. The same logic I used to consider Bandana Dee himself. The people who voted for him most likely saw him as the logical choice as well considering his many occurrences. Their votes are valid. Saying their votes don't count cause they're just voting for their favorite character from their favorite game is bogus. We don't know of RtDL is their fave game and even if it is, how is that different from voting for Ado from your favorite Kirby game x_x

D

Deleted member

1 vote Leon
14 votes No Additions
3 Unresolved Votes:
yeah like thats something they would never do with starfox charcters

anyway i vote peppy
Oh come on, Panther and Andross easily could be new additions and wouldn't have to follow the same clones move set that is plaguing this series so far.
I vote Panther
Yet blue toad and toad isn't overdoing it or all them kongs. XD I vote Leon "Who do you think I am?!"
Reasonings?

Though even if those votes get resolved, the total will be
2 votes Leon
1 vote Peppy
1 vote Panther
14 votes No Additions

I think we can call Star Fox to a close at this point with no additions.

Next up, Pokémon.

I can already make a guess on who's going to be the top vote this time....

NOTE: DO NOT VOTE FOR MEGA EVOLUTIONS! THEY WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY INCLUDED WITH THE APPROPRIATE POKEMON UPON ADDITION!

What possible alternative could there be to Sceptile? Sylveon was a big promo Pokemon this generation but I doubt anyone really gives a **** about it, Hawlucha has some fringe popularity but absolutely nothing else, and pretty much all the viable legendaries from the last two generations have been confined to Master Balls.

My vote's for Sceptile. He's a solid contender for DLC. Though I doubt Sakurai is as OCD about filling all 3 starter types in the roster as Sceptile supporters are, he's definitely a good fit among the rest of the Pokemon roster, especially if SSB4 DLC is going to be promoting any upcoming games.

Also, he looks neat.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
I vote no additions. I remember Sakurai saying in a interview (can't remeber where...) that there was ONE SPOT reserved for a pokémon NEWCOMER... and Greninja took it... (or at least something like this)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That's not exactly how it went down.
He said that there was a spot planned specifically for an X/Y Pokémon, not that there was only one planned spot for a newcomer in general.

Also, keep in mind people that this voting also applies for potential DLC, the very purpose of why we're even doing additional voting in the first place.

3 votes Sceptile
3 votes No Additions

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
No Additions.

This Sceptile bandwagon really needs to stop. Being a Grass-type starter to compliment Charizard and Greninja literally means nothing in the context of Smash Bros, especially when we already have a type trio of Charizard/Greninja/Lucario, who fulfill the same roles of being popular Pokemon of different generations. Were it not for this fan-made concept, there'd be zero reason to advocate for Sceptile of all Hoenn Pokemon in the first place. As a character on its own, Sceptile has no tangible merit over the other Pokemon.

Blaziken was added onto the chart on part of its Mega Evolution and recent surge of promotion material around X/Y's release, as well as being the clear-cut most popular starter back in Generation III. Plusle and Minun were added for their potential appearance as Pichu successors in Brawl's files. Do you notice how both characters had these merits on their own and did not have to rely on any type of typing theory just to get on the radar? Going by what is relevant to Smash Bros. past and Pokemon present, we agreed on them a while back. Short of a Mega Evolution (that Swampert got too), Sceptile has received literally nothing new worth adding him for at this point. Blaziken and Plusle/Minun represent Hoenn just as well as Sceptile would if that's the main argument left standing for Sceptile. Having them on the chart should be enough.

Before you folks consider voting for Sceptile, please, please, consider this for me: Prior to the announcement of Hoenn remakes, how often did you see people say "I want to see Sceptile in Smash Bros."? In a flavor-of-the-month series like Pokemon, unless there was some sort of hidden-yet-giant cult for Sceptile that rivaled that of Lucario or Mewtwo, Sceptile has literally no standing within the Pokemon franchise for being added. At the very least, if we are to add Sceptile, then we should be adding Swampert under the same principle as both have received equal treatment in the franchise up to this point. We're otherwise simply adding a Pokemon to the chart simply to fulfill a pattern. Last I checked, we're doing characters based on merit of gameplay and importance, not an algorithm of types.

Please be sensible and consistent. If Sceptile is to really be added to the chart, add Swampert as well under the same merits. I think nobody else should be added otherwise.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I too, vote no additions. I don't think we'll get anyone beyond Jiggs and Mewtwo. Sceptile's "relevance" came too late, I think.

CodeBlue_

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-2347-7011-5339
Add Scizor

(Also are there clear rules to adding to this roster, the OP isn't extremely detailed in that regards).

EDIT: I forgot Greninja took the pokemon slot for X and Y, making Sylveon highly unlikely.

Last edited:
Before you folks consider voting for Sceptile, please, please, consider this for me: Prior to the announcement of Hoenn remakes, how often did you see people say "I want to see Sceptile in Smash Bros."?
I don't really give a **** about Sceptile besides my acknowledgement that he has a shot, but in response to this, absolutely nobody said "I want to see Greninja in Smash Bros.".

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Also, keep in mind people that this voting also applies for potential DLC, the very purpose of why we're even doing additional voting in the first place.
Let's not use the "too late" excuse, please. Otherwise I'm going to have to take Captain Toad off the chart out of fairness.
And....cancel the entire voting session since it was based around the "too late" argument being irrelevant.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I don't really give a **** about Sceptile besides my acknowledgement that he has a shot, but in response to this, absolutely nobody said "I want to see Greninja in Smash Bros.".
To be fair, that was due to the assumption that any starter would be attached to a trainer. Most people didn't think he'd have a shot before transformations were removed.

D

Deleted member

Again:

Let's not use the "too late" excuse, please. Otherwise I'm going to have to take Captain Toad off the chart out of fairness.
And....cancel the entire voting session since it was based around the "too late" argument being irrelevant.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
So we are considering DLC... sometimes I forget that... but... it will be a very later DLC right? Because it really take times to make a character and put it in the game... I don't think Sakurai already have some characters planned for DLC, simply because the roster was decided a long time ago, and he is been working on it, game balance issues... adding a character... Sakurai already said that it's no easy task... also, we already have amiibos... so WHY DLC?

Aniway, it's just my opinion...

Also.. I will change my vote... Sceptile it's the only one with a high fanbase.. and if DLC really happens... then he have a chance...
Voting for Sceptile

Also... @GoldenYuiitusin what will happen to the charts if DLC gets disconfirmed?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

....what do amiibos have to do with DLC?
Those are two entirely different concepts.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Again:

Gotta love my ninja skills, right? :awesome:

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
He wasn't added for being requested. He was added for his concept art appealing to Sakurai.

Now as for the whole "He wasn't requested, yet he got into Smash Bros." tidbit I hear people say a million times with buzzer words like Wii Fit Trainer and Greninja, explain to me, why the examples of such obscure choices suddenly give reason to believe that Sceptile is worth adding to the chart? Unless of course the logic follows that because Sceptile is obscure, we should add him because he's obscure, that same logic could literally apply to all other 600+ Pokemon not yet in Smash Bros. and thus leaving it rather moot towards Sceptile in specific.

I don't know if you were playing Devil's Advocate or not, but it still doesn't hold up either way.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
....what do amiibos have to do with DLC?
Those are two entirely different concepts.
My point was.. we already have amiibo to buy... and we will need to buy DLC? This is too much...
Sorry, I need to be more detailed LOL

Last edited:

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
Voting Sceptile.

I don't think completing a trio makes him likely; I think the Hoenn remakes make him a likely DLC candidate. He now has a mega-evolution and a sudden surge of popularity. I don't think he has much of a chance for the initial release, but I feel he's a very likely DLC character.

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
I'm going to vote Scizor, I know he has a hells bells chance of getting in, but it's still a chance regardless!

And dammit I am voting for my favorite Pokemon come hell or high water!

Top Bottom