• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Speculation Chart [WE UPDATE NOW]

D

Deleted member

@Frostwraith: Ono also said that he wants to see Mega Man in the game more. The M. Bison thing was merely if he had to limit it to a Street Fighter character.
Given that Sakurai would have to be the one to work in a Capcom character (as Capcom says it is pretty much his decision), he'd very likely go for the one that happens to be the most requested guest character.

@Ove: I'll deal with your bull tomorrow. Too fricking tired right now.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
@Frostwraith: Ono also said that he wants to see Mega Man in the game more. The M. Bison thing was merely if he had to limit it to a Street Fighter character.
Given that Sakurai would have to be the one to work in a Capcom character (as Capcom says it is pretty much his decision), he'd very likely go for the one that happens to be the most requested guest character.
I knew it was something on these lines. You just refreshed my memory.

That said, yeah, Mega Man is pretty much THE Capcom character to be in Smash.

I am hoping that if it is up to Capcom they don't pull something stupid (aka keeping up with the "death" of Mega-Man and not using him)

D

Deleted member

Capcom from what has been said is open about Mega Man in Smash.

However, it is not up to them. It is up to Sakurai.

Ove

Smash Journeyman
You could have read GoldenYuiitusin's and AEM's posts before starting to criticize the chart for no reason.
"No reason." What is that supposed to mean?

I have read through this whole thread, and none of them said anything constructive. Quite frankly, I don't see the purpose with this thread, we all have opinions on which characters we want in Smash 4. Imagine of all forum members made their own chart in their own threads. That wouldn't work, but oh well, I guess GoldenYuiitusin has the best opinions.

If you want this thread to actually mean something, you should let other forum members criticize and improve the speculation chart. But like I said, I have read through this whole thread, and every time someone wants to change something, GoldenYuiitusin gets all devastated.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

I have read through this whole thread, and none of them said anything constructive. Quite frankly, I don't see the purpose with this thread, we all have opinions on which characters we want in Smash 4. Imagine of all forum members made their own chart in their own threads. That wouldn't work, but oh well, I guess GoldenYuiitusin has the best opinions.

If you want this thread to actually mean something, you should let other forum members criticize and improve the speculation chart. But like I said, I have read through this whole thread, and every time someone wants to change something, GoldenYuiitusin gets all devastated.
As if speculating was constructive in the first place.

You claim to have read through the whole thread, yet don't see the purpose of this thread when it's explicitly said in the OP... >_>

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
^This. Also, while some people may want characters removed or whatever it is, removing them would do the same as crossing them out on the chart would. So really, the only relevant criticisms would be to add characters to the chart, hence the purpose of the thread.

D

Deleted member

Where is Adeleine? I see a bunch of random anime characters and an MS paint picture, but not one of Nintendo's most famous and beloved characters from the N64 era? I am chocked.
Adeleine is iconic for the Kirby franchise and one of the most prominent characters in the N64 era. Adeleine should have been in Super Smash Bros. 64, but it isn't too late.

But random anime characters? MS paint karate-kid? Random Boo?

Capcom can contribute with Dan, Blanka, Chun-li or T.Hawk from Street Fighter, Megaman, Amaterasu and more.
"Bunch of random anime characters".
The only character in the chart that can be considered "anime" is Rick Wheeler, who next to Black Shadow. However, his situation is quite similar to Lucario's.

"MS paint karate-kid".
That is Karate Joe of the Rhythm Heaven series. The closest thing to a "major recurring character" it has, given that he as well as the Karate Man rhythm game in general has appeared within each title of the series in some form.
I personally don't think there will be a character from the series, but if there WAS one, it'd probably be him.

"Random Boo".
That's no random Boo. As Frostwraith said, that is King Boo, main antagonist of the Luigi's Mansion games as well as recurring character in the Mario series in general since his debut back in 2001.
You should really do your research.

Also, you HEAVILY overstate Adeleine's significance.
"Nintendo's most famous and beloved characters from the N64 era?" Get over yourself. Hardly anyone gave a flying **** about her then, hardly anyone does now. (And if they do, it's because of Brawl in the Family.)
"Adeleine is iconic for the Kirby franchise and one of the most prominent characters in the N64 era." She was in one game as a minor helper character. That is hardly iconic and nowhere NEAR prominent. I mean, at least the Geno fans can claim that he was heavily important in Super Mario RPG's plot. You have no such excuse.
"Adeleine should have been in Super Smash Bros. 64." A one-time minor character that no one really cared about should have been in Smash 64 over the only other major Kirby character at the time?

And after Dedede, I can name a crapton of characters that were much more popular and prominent than Adeleine.

"every time someone wants to change something, GoldenYuiitusin gets all devastated." Yeah, it's not like I added characters that have been brought up by others with reasonable logic like Lip, Sheriff, Luke fon Fabre, Simon Belmont, Tempo (and by association, Mallo), etc. :rolleyes:
The only time I got "devastated" (which is a poor word choice), was when I was pretty much told to remove characters solely because someone didn't agree with them being there.

And by the way, you clearly haven't actually read all the way through if you thought this was about characters I want. More than half of the characters, I can do without. If it were about what I wanted, there would be Agumon, Entei, Shake King, Mike Haggar, etc.
No, this chart is for characters that have their chances within logic and reasoning.
For some, it is that they are heavily discussed and requested in at least one corner of the globe (like how Slippy and Galacta Knight are on the chart due to being heavily discussed among characters of their series within Japan).
For others, it is due to their overall role to the series (or latest game). This is where characters like Hades and King Boo come in.
For Nintendo series not represented in Brawl, it was mainly a grabbag for Assist series that gained a noticeable following and newer titles as well as a mixed assortment of newer IPs that have come in since Brawl's time that have their own evaluations to be made (to cover all potential bases).
For Retro series, it was if they received noticeable attention in recent times or have been mentioned directly by Sakurai in a positive light (except for Sheriff, he was added for being Nintendo's first actual character).
For Namco characters, it was by their mascot (Pac-Man) and the two series that have been directly mentioned by Namco-Bandai in regards to Smash, Tekken and Tales.
For non-Namco, Sonic, or Metal Gear 3rd Parties, it was if there is something about them that is in regards to Smash discussion by their creators or whatnot. With the exception of Simon. He was added because Kojima is in control of his series now and could easily ask Sakurai to include him either alongside Snake or in place of him.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Where is Adeleine? I see a bunch of random anime characters and an MS paint picture, but not one of Nintendo's most famous and beloved characters from the N64 era? I am chocked.
To be fair I think Adeleine would be neat but incredibly unlikely and she isn't famous at all. At least not because of anything Nintendo did.

Also the reason Karate Joe looks like a "MS Paint Picture" is because he has no official art (Or at least, I couldn't find anything). So I decided to go with a Screenshot, which made him look like that for some odd reason. I might have to look up some fanart for him for the next version of the chart.

D

Deleted member

You could use this fanart, I guess.

Also, next time you update the image, please send me the link rather than post the image on the thread. It took me forever to edit it into the first page due to the new system.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I think 3 Sonic characters is a bit too much. Never mind.

And who is theguy in the post above?

D

Deleted member

I think 3 Sonic characters is a bit too much. Never mind.

And who is theguy in the post above?
Again, the characters within a series are meant to be as if the other characters in the chart don't happen in their stead. It is highly illogical to think all three would get in if any of them get in at all.

And as for the guy in the post above:
That is Karate Joe of the Rhythm Heaven series. The closest thing to a "major recurring character" it has, given that he as well as the Karate Man rhythm game in general has appeared within each title of the series in some form.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
You could use this fanart, I guess.

Also, next time you update the image, please send me the link rather than post the image on the thread. It took me forever to edit it into the first page due to the new system.
Noted.
Sorry about that again.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Your chart is so informative and huge that I'd highly doubt there's anything else to add.

Ove

Smash Journeyman
The title is quite inappropriate then. It says "Speculation Chart," but indeed many of these aren't likely to be in Smash at all. Hence, my conclusion was that it was the characters you wanted, GoldenYuiitusin. Thank you for clarifying.

I was clearly sarcastic when I said "random Boo." I'll restrain from sarcasm in the future.

GoldenYuiitusin, when you quote someone, please do it correctly. That's an important rule. I never said that Adeleine was THE most famous, I said that she was ONE OF the most famous characters from the N64 era. I think that you underestimate her dramatically. Firstly: she wasn't a minor character. She was the second boss and the second character to join Kirby's crew in this marvelous adventure known to many N64 owners. Secondly: she was a playable character. We all know the importance of the Kirby series, and Kirby 64 is definitely one of the most prominent Kirby games ever released.

Try to use valid arguments when trying to convience someone that Adeleine shouldn't be in Smash.

I don't know why you say that "no one really cared about" Dedede. Also, he was in Smash 64.

You are allowed to have opinions regarding characters you think will be in Smash 4. However, you have to be able to take some criticism and motivate every choice you make. If people want to add characters, you should listen to them and tell them why you choose to add/not add the character in question.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Has Super Meat Boy even appeared on a Nintendo console? I may be mistaken but I don't believe he has, which would make him ineligible anyway.

@Golden I've been trying to come up with other characters you could add , but I seriously can't come up with anything. I feel like this chart has everyone covered for the most part.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It's sort of funny. I go out of the loop occasionally, so Super Meat Boy flew under my radar. Lo and behold, someone on our school newspaper did a review on it, and a week later the developer wants the guy in Smash. I literally just learned about the game this week. Sort of funny, actually.

On an actual topic, I look forward to the day when we can put this checklist of sorts to use.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I really hope people are realizing that the thing with this is that not every character on this chart has an equal chance at getting in. It should be fairly obvious that Shadow or Eggman don't have nearly the same chances as say Ridley or something. Also, while the chart is enormous, that doesn't change the fact that we may be only getting fifteen characters that happen to be on this chart.

But as Opossum said, it will be great when we can actually use this.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Things will get interesting when we start to use this chart.

3 months from now and we're close to E3, where we will finally know more about the game.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Things will get interesting when we start to use this chart.

3 months from now and we're close to E3, where we will finally know more about the game.
I can't wait for E3. Also I can't wait for the official site to start up again with weekday updates.

But I'll be one of the guys making the futile attempt to block out all knowledge of hidden characters until we unlock them in game. So I won't be watching this chart. :/
Last time every character was spoiled before I got brawl. I hope all goes well for me next time.

D

Deleted member

@BluePikmin: Considering that Meat Boy's own game has yet to be on a Nintendo system, and his only Nintendo appearances were as cameos in the Bit.Trip games and as an unlockable character in Retro City Rampage, as well as the fact that this is an indie company that is overshooting expectations (they are trying to reason that Nintendo will want to make a deal involving an exclusive for their games in exchange for Meat Boy in Smash) makes the whole thing less than believeable.

Though it DOES remind me that Suda 51 mentioned about how he wanted to see Travis fight among people like Link in Smash Bros. quite a while back, and he is reportedly a friend of Sakurai like Kojima is. I might have to add him as another darkhorse like Bayonetta.

D

Deleted member

The title is quite inappropriate then. It says "Speculation Chart," but indeed many of these aren't likely to be in Smash at all. Hence, my conclusion was that it was the characters you wanted, GoldenYuiitusin. Thank you for clarifying.
Speculation is speculation; there is nothing inappropriate about the title. Each character on it has their chances. However, they don't all have equal chances to each other, and no one claimed otherwise.

I was clearly sarcastic when I said "random Boo." I'll restrain from sarcasm in the future.
How about you refrain from making stupid jokes in the first place, considering that King Boo has done much more to be a beleivable choice than Adeleine.

GoldenYuiitusin, when you quote someone, please do it correctly. That's an important rule. I never said that Adeleine was THE most famous, I said that she was ONE OF the most famous characters from the N64 era.
While the quoting was off, it is highly irrelevant to the point. The point still stands that she was hardly famous and not very prominent.
I think that you underestimate her dramatically. Firstly: she wasn't a minor character. She was the second boss and the second character to join Kirby's crew in this marvelous adventure known to many N64 owners.
And that makes her a major character? Oh, so you fight her once in the entire game and then merely shows up to offer a power up at random intervals in the game. SO ****ING MAJOR.
Secondly: she was a playable character. We all know the importance of the Kirby series, and Kirby 64 is definitely one of the most prominent Kirby games ever released.
A minor playable character in a set of mini-games that makes her no different from the other playable characters in one game in the entire series. That means jack ****.

Try to use valid arguments when trying to convience someone that Adeleine shouldn't be in Smash.
How about you listen to your own advice and give valid arguments why a minor one-time Kirby character no one cares about should be in Smash.

I don't know why you say that "no one really cared about" Dedede. Also, he was in Smash 64.
What was that about quoting someone properly? I guess you really need to listen to your own advice.
Never said that "no one cared" about Dedede. In fact, let me break down what was said:
"A one-time minor character that no one really cared about should have been in Smash 64 over the only other major Kirby character at the time?"
Note, the "one-time minor character that no one really cared about" is referring to Adeleine. The "only other major Kirby character at the time" is referring to Dedede.
I said it in the Doc thread, I will say it here too; you've always had a problem with reading comprehension. This just makes it completely undeniable.
And Dedede was in Smash 64? :laugh: I don't know what version of the game you had, but I'm pretty sure this was the roster for that game:

And I'm pretty sure that Dedede is registered as a Newcomer for Brawl....
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/index.html
Any more false information you want to state as fact?

You are allowed to have opinions regarding characters you think will be in Smash 4. However, you have to be able to take some criticism and motivate every choice you make. If people want to add characters, you should listen to them and tell them why you choose to add/not add the character in question.
Except that I have. Again, learn proper reading comprehension.

D

Deleted member

Oh I'm sorry, I forgot that making long reponses is considered "rage" 'round these parts. :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member

Just for curiosity sakes, but is there a particular reason behind Luke Fon Fabre?
Other than being one of three Nintendo relevent and non-Japan only heroes of the Tales series, not really.
I suppose there is also the fact his ported game was the most recent on a Nintendo system (2012), but relevancy is likely not in his favor when you have the likes of Lloyd....

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
golden I think he meant dedede was in smash as a cameo in the original dreamland stage

Ove

Smash Journeyman
And Dedede was in Smash 64? :laugh:
I like long responses, Golden, so don't worry. However, people seem to be afraid of long posts, so I'll try to be brief.

If you want a Speculation Chart that emphasizes quantity by having a lot of characters in it, that's fine with me, it's your thread after all. I tend to prefer quality over quantity though, and when you miss out great characters like Goron, Adeleine, Amateratsu, Chun-li, Phoenix (F-Zero) etc. it makes me rather disappointed. Especially when you include random characters (for instance the anime characters, that have barely been on a Nintendo console) that surely won't be playable in Smash 4.

And please, GoldenYuiitusin, refrain from personal attacks. You aren't perfect yourself all the times. For instance regarding Dedede, I think it's rather interesting that you point out your proper reading comprehension, yet you fail to understand what I said. I never said that Dedede was a playable character in Smash 64, I merely said that he was in it. Is it still false information?

Finally, regarding Adeleine: I don't know why you think she is a minor character. I suppose that you are right that her only appearance is in Kirby 64, but that doesn't make her minor. She joined Kirby's team and as a playable character, she is just as equal as King Dedede and even Kirby. If you are going to have the Bandana Dee in your speculation chart, I suggest that you add Adeleine as well. Because like you said, they may not have equal changes, but that's not the point of the chart in the first place.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I like long responses, Golden, so don't worry. However, people seem to be afraid of long posts, so I'll try to be brief.

If you want a Speculation Chart that emphasizes quantity by having a lot of characters in it, that's fine with me, it's your thread after all. I tend to prefer quality over quantity though, and when you miss out great characters like Goron, Adeleine, Amateratsu, Chun-li, Phoenix (F-Zero) etc. it makes me rather disappointed. Especially when you include random characters (for instance the anime characters, that have barely been on a Nintendo console) that surely won't be playable in Smash 4.

And please, GoldenYuiitusin, refrain from personal attacks. You aren't perfect yourself all the times. For instance regarding Dedede, I think it's rather interesting that you point out your proper reading comprehension, yet you fail to understand what I said. I never said that Dedede was a playable character in Smash 64, I merely said that he was in it. Is it still false information?

Finally, regarding Adeleine: I don't know why you think she is a minor character. I suppose that you are right that her only appearance is in Kirby 64, but that doesn't make her minor. She joined Kirby's team and as a playable character, she is just as equal as King Dedede and even Kirby. If you are going to have the Bandana Dee in your speculation chart, I suggest that you add Adeleine as well. Because like you said, they may not have equal changes, but that's not the point of the chart in the first place.
Waddle Dee's chances are more because he's more recent. About Adeleine, well, Sakurai had worked on that game, so she might have a slight chance.

And I do think this chart is about quantity. It's about those characters who have a good chance of being in Smash 4.

P.S. - Comparing Adeliene to Kirby or King Dedede seems rather too much. >_>.

D

Deleted member

Again, there are no ****ing anime characters on the Roster save for Rick Wheeler of F-Zero. DO YOU NOT READ?!

And you say "Quality" and "Great characters", then you list
-A generic species from Zelda.
-A minor one-off Kirby character.
-A minor one-off F-Zero character.

None of these are of quality. Maybe in your little fantasy game, but in the real world of logic and reasoning, they don't make a lick of sense. NONE.
I mean Hell, I DESPISE Impa due to Diddy Kong (the user, not the character) constantly shoving her down our throats and how she absolutely WILL replace Sheik because Sheik is irrelevant and stupid and is overall just as annoying as you are about Adeleine, BUT AT LEAST she actually has some importance and quality backing her up as a decent choice.

As for Chun-Li, why she herself actually IS a decent character choice, to think of her being in the game instead of Ryu is not. Amaterasu is not that bad, either, but the problem is, only Mega Man has a decent shot as a Capcom character, and 3rd Parties are under stricter ruling on my chart than Nintendo's characters.

Within context of how that discussion came to be, I was. So the fact that you were stating he was in it Smash 64 a different context is still showing poor reading comprehension as well as poor judgement skills by assuming I would be talking within the same context.

You think Adeleine, a minor helper in one title is just as equal as Kirby, the main protagonist of the entire series, and Dedede, a major recurring character that either serves as the antagonist, psuedo-antagonist, or important ally JUST BECAUSE she was playable in a set of minigames where she just served as an avatar since all four characters were no different in gameplay?

You know how people there is no wrong opinion? You just proved that to be a load of bull.

And by the way, while all the characters don't have equal chances to each other, they actually HAVE a chance. Adeleine's chances are practically non-existant. The sooner you understand this, the better for your health and my sanity.

Ove

Smash Journeyman
Waddle Dee's chances are more because he's more recent.
Thanks, Captain.

And I do think this chart is about quantity. It's about those characters who have a good chance of being in Smash 4.
That was my point; if it's about quantity, Adeleine should be in it.

P.S. - Comparing Adeliene to Kirby or King Dedede seems rather too much. >_>.
No. In Kirby 64, Kirby, King Dedede and Waddle Dee are just as equal as Adeleine when it comes to the minigames. The first-named haven't any advantages nor special abilities that Adeleine hasn't.

And you say "Quality" and "Great characters", then you list
-A generic species from Zelda.
-A minor one-off Kirby character.
-A minor one-off F-Zero character.

None of these are of quality. Maybe in your little fantasy game, but in the real world of logic and reasoning, they don't make a lick of sense. NONE.
I mean Hell, I DESPISE Impa due to Diddy Kong (the user, not the character) constantly shoving her down our throats and how she absolutely WILL replace Sheik because Sheik is irrelevant and stupid and is overall just as annoying as you are about Adeleine, BUT AT LEAST she actually has some importance and quality backing her up as a decent choice.
I admit that they aren't the best aspirants. Smash has already, in my opinion, a lot of great characters and doesn't lack any particularily important character. Also, I think your chart is quite complete as it is with Ridley, Doc, King K. Rool, Impa, Tetra, Waluigi, Bowser Jr., Tingle, Toad just to name a few.

But if you are going to add a bunch of random characters that don't have even the slightest change beyond these, I think you should add good candidates, like Adeleine, as well.

Within context of how that discussion came to be, I was. So the fact that you were stating he was in it Smash 64 a different context is still showing poor reading comprehension as well as poor judgement skills by assuming I would be talking within the same context.
Now that's a twist! You blatantly misunderstood what I said and then blame it on me because of the current context? Again, I said that Dedede was in Smash 64. Both you and I know that he wasn't playable (heck, anyone on this forum does), so maybe, just maybe was I referring to Dedede being in Smash 64 as in he was coded in the game. Do you want me to further clarify?

Reading between the lines is a part of reading comprehension, and frankly I have never seen you master that particularily well.

You think Adeleine, a minor helper in one title is just as equal as Kirby, the main protagonist of the entire series, and Dedede, a major recurring character that either serves as the antagonist, psuedo-antagonist, or important ally JUST BECAUSE she was playable in a set of minigames where she just served as an avatar since all four characters were no different in gameplay?
What I meant when I said that they were equal was the fact that they are equal when it comes to gameplay in the minigames in Kirby 64.

And by the way, while all the characters don't have equal chances to each other, they actually HAVE a chance. Adeleine's chances are practically non-existant. The sooner you understand this, the better for your health and my sanity.
Please enlighten me why she doesn't have a chance, other than being a "minor" (and playable) character in one of the most famous N64 games of all time.

She definitely has a chance. However, it's not the end of the world if she won't be in Smash 4, it's just a game. Why would it be good for my health to understand that Adeleine's chances are practically non-existant?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
That was my point; if it's about quantity, Adeleine should be in it.
Guess what? It's not about quantity.

No. In Kirby 64, Kirby, King Dedede and Waddle Dee are just as equal as Adeleine when it comes to the minigames. The first-named haven't any advantages nor special abilities that Adeleine hasn't.
Does that apply to other Kirby games other than Kirby 64? Methinks not.

But if you are going to add a bunch of random characters that don't have even the slightest change beyond these, I think you should add good candidates, like Adeleine, as well.
Except that most of those "random characters" actually have some kind of importance in their game series as a whole, something Adeleine lacks.

What I meant when I said that they were equal was the fact that they are equal when it comes to gameplay in the minigames in Kirby 64.
Wow, Adeleine is playable in mini-games in one of the Kirby games and never appeared again! She should totally be playable. /sarcasm

By that logic, Kafei from Zelda: Majora's Mask should be here too.

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
I don't know whether to laugh for what's going on now or to cry with what golden has to put up with. There isn't any flaw he's presented In the original post, so why people are bothered by it is beyond my knowledge. At least he didn't include his bias in his views, and flat out stated that. Unlike some other arrogant individuals, one of which on the front page that shall not be named

My two cents

Top Bottom