• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Speculation Chart [WE UPDATE NOW]

D

Deleted member

Was there supposed to be a reply to the quote, or what?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Golden, is this like bingo? How do I win? I have 5 characters in my sig, but they're not in a row. :(

D

Deleted member

Everyone keeps bringing up bingo, lol.

No, it's not like bingo. It's just a chart that covers the speculation aspects and bases. It's not meant to be any game to win :laugh:.
Unless you happen to support a character on this chart that others don't. Then it becomes bragging rights if they end up being confirmed.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Golden,

Thank you for your response and I look forward to seeing your updates. I will agree to disagree about some of your posts because I feel like personally outside of Andross, Lakitu, etc., most of the AT from Brawl have a good chance of being in Smash 4 (Saki, Isaac, Lil Mac, Ray MK, Jill Dozer, etc.).

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Golden,

Thank you for your response and I look forward to seeing your updates. I will agree to disagree about some of your posts because I feel like personally outside of Andross, Lakitu, etc., most of the AT from Brawl have a good chance of being in Smash 4 (Saki, Isaac, Lil Mac, Ray MK, Jill Dozer, etc.).
Pretty much all of those are listed up there, except Jill, but honestly, her chances are about the same as Barbara the Bat or Devil. Let's not forget, Kururin was also an AT. And Lakitu. At least characters like Mac and Isaac are flagship characters for popular and or important historical series. Ray and Saki are kind of iffy in that regard, but they at least head decent series.

(I say decent in the "They have at least a decent, semi-lengthy history" way.)

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
Even though I know you can't possibly include every character the Smash 4 character roster has mention, I'm troubled in the fact that this chart lacks Knuckle Joe, 1 of 2 newcomers characters that I especially feel will make it... Dillon being the other (but he made the chart) especially since both Paper & Dr. Mario made it, but I'm not complaining if I felt like it, I could make my own...but ehh don't feel like it..

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Was there supposed to be a reply to the quote, or what?
It was my phone acting stupid. Just suddenly replied for no reason, and every time "edit" was pressed the internet imploded. I was forced to keep it like that, unfortunately.

Anyway, to go by the quote.

Technically speaking Lip herself was discussed by Sakurai, mainly as a reply to fanmail. The e-mail stated that Lip should be added because (guess what) we need more females. Sakurai then comments that Panel de Pon was a master piece, but was skeptical on the idea of Lip. Mainly it was a concern on how many people would actually know the character (ironic).

Also technically speaking, the fairy theme is still used for the Puzzle League games, with the most recent title Planet Puzzle League using a fairy background as an unlockable style in the Japanese version. The reason why more recent titles don't use the bishoujo style as often is because of localization reasons; simply put, having a more simplified style means a broader audience.

Kekezo

Smash Cadet
Awesome idea!
Of course, I don't agree with everything on the chart, but no one agrees on that topic, so whatever.
Can't wait to see some characters confirmed.

Characters in the chart I support/wouldn't mind in/would like to see in:

Bowser Jr, Paper Mario, K. Rool, Ghirahim, Impa, Ridley, Krystal, Zoroark, Chrom, Palutena, Magnus, Mona, Little Mac, Isa, "Adult" Isaac, Matthew, Shulk, X Protagonist, Zael, Aeron, Wonderful Joe, Dillon, Mii, Takamaru, Mach Rider, Lloyd Irving, Mega-Man, & Professor Layton

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm making my own chart and it's going to have better characters

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
I think Simon Belmont himself warrants the right to be on the list. Castlevania was pretty big back in the NES/SNES days and is still partly successful nowadays; though only a former shadow of itself. I believe a new Castlevania is making its way onto the 3DS so it might be something to consider.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I don't know... I heard that Kojima (Metal Gear series creator and a friend of Sakurai) has been doing some Castlevania games...

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Dillon is a prefect choice for 3DS Eshop character, but I think Mallo from Pushmo/Crashmo is definetly more popular than Fossil Fighters.

Tingle is awesome, but I think Skull Kid has a better chance of being in the game, considering Nintendo is very likely to remake Majora's Mask.

Not criticizing your list or anything, I think this is an awesome idea.

D

Deleted member

Unless Majora's Mask actually gets the remake, it would be unwise to add Skull Kid.
I already have ONE hypothetical (Yarn Yoshi Sidekick), I don't think I should add another until we get more information.

I would rather have all those characters I listed over the clone.
You better be using "clone" in the literal sense, as in Mewtwo being cloned from Mew.....because if you're using the gameplay sense to say Mewtwo is a clone of Lucario....whoo, boy.....

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
DragonSniperNintendo said:
I would rather have all those characters I listed over the clone.
>Claiming Mewtwo is a clone of Lucario
>Mewtwo was playable before Lucario
>Only similar move is Shadow Ball / Aura Sphere

why can't i hold all of his logic

peeup

Smash Lord
>Claiming Mewtwo is a clone of Lucario
>Mewtwo was playable before Lucario
>Only similar move is Shadow Ball / Aura Sphere

why can't i hold all of his logic
omg you don't get it Mewtwo is clone he took his B move is like the exact same as Lucario's and they're both pokemon and both psychic types

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Lucario is clearly a Fire type anyway. I mean he can shoot blue fire out of the palms of his hands. :troll:

I just want the trollface emoticon to come back ;_;

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
I still think people shouldn't count out cranky kong
-most reoccurring
-only kong besides the big 2
-one of the first characters ever

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Unless Majora's Mask actually gets the remake, it would be unwise to add Skull Kid.
I already have ONE hypothetical (Yarn Yoshi Sidekick), I don't think I should add another until we get more information.
Yeah that's a good point. I'm still thinking Crashmo and Dillon for 3DS EShop rep, but hey it's your list do what you want :chuckle:

You better be using "clone" in the literal sense, as in Mewtwo being cloned from Mew.....because if you're using the gameplay sense to say Mewtwo is a clone of Lucario....whoo, boy.....
Exactly what I meant, clone (as in clone of Mew)

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Palutena > Medusa

No. One. Else.

But I get your reasoning.

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
Interesting idea. I sort of started a private version of this a while ago, mostly just as a way to create thumbnails that I could use on fake character select screens, but I have no self restraint, and it quickly went from "include only very likely characters" to "include every remotely feasible character that has ever appeared on a Nintendo platform"... so now I have a psd file with over 300 character thumbnails :awesome: That said, this thread has given me a few ideas for more characters to add, so that's an accomplishment of sorts right there.

I don't find Ghirahim to be that likely, and having just finished Kid Icarus: Uprising(late to the party, I know), I found Magnus to be surprisingly unimportant considering how much hype he's gotten here. Don't get me wrong - he's cool, but he also could've been cut out fairly easily. Dark Pit/Pittoo is also kind of an eh-choice for me, considering he could just as easily be an alt-costume for Pit. Aside from those and a few other nitpicky things, however, this seems like a pretty solid list.

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
I hope I can see the day when Bandanna Dee and Ghirahim get a check mark over their faces.

D

Deleted member

After some thinking, I am considering adding Hades into the chart.

D

Deleted member

Consider adding Pichu and Young Link to the roster. They may have very little chance of getting in, but I do think that as Melee veterans, they should at least be added just for the very distant possibility that Sakurai brings everyone back.

Top Bottom