• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
This all the way. Remember when Sakurai (why isn't he the Nintendo President?!) was answering questions about SSB4 vs. Brawl, and he emphasized that Super Smash Bros 4 was a little more advanced because he felt all the casual audiences brought into Brawl would be more experienced? Why doesn't the Wii U as a whole follow that philosophy??[/quote]

this actually the reason I bought a wiiU (I had mixed opinion on the wii) but see, this is why Sakurai is the best dev I've heard to quit HAL because of how he felt about sequelisation, it just means that he want to bring a quality experience to the players money isn't the main goal.

EDIT: missed my quote

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I had him help me in the battle..... He wasn't much help and died. :L I did attack the dragon from behind though lol.
Then you must take forever to kill bosses, because Solaire doesn't die quickly at all. You probably need more levels, honestly.

The differences in Way of storytelling, handholding, artstyle, items, controls, and other design choices, makes it so you really can't compare OoT and SS. Saying one is better than the other is pretty much purely opinion. They overall appeal to very different people.
Yeah. Though I love both dearly, I just prefer Skyward Sword overall. I feel like it made a lot of design improvements that I hope are included in future games. The Adventure Pouch, the items, the boss fights, the overall streamlining of the game was really well done. I could do without fetch quests and more dungeon, though.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Then you must take forever to kill bosses, because Solaire doesn't die quickly at all. You probably need more levels, honestly.
I'm SL 27 with the requirements to wield the Black Knight Sword, 20 Strength and 18 Dexterity. And I wanted to start putting points into other stats since I met those requirements, wanna get my resistance, Attunement, Endurance, and Vitality up more now.

Besides, this seems like the game were strategy trumps levels anyway. :L

Also I was doing over 100, but under 200, damage per hit. Probably not the much since it seems like he has a lot more HP then the other bosses fought in the past.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I'm SL 27 with the requirements to wield the Black Knight Sword, 20 Strength and 18 Dexterity. And I wanted to start putting points into other stats since I met those requirements, wanna get my resistance, Attunement, Endurance, and Vitality up more now.

Besides, this seems like the game were strategy trumps levels anyway. :L

Also I was doing over 100, but under 200, damage per hit. Probably not the much since it seems like he has a lot more HP then the other bosses fought in the past.
Oh no, never, ever but points in Resistance. Ever. It's completely useless. Ask anyone. Diminishing returns all the way. Endurance is always a good investment, Attunement only if you want 10 slots (which you wont need if you are not solely magic based) and Vitality is also good, though not always necessary.

Really, equipment is way more important than level most of the time. Having a good weapon is way more useful than taking one extra hit.

And yes, strategy does trump level. You probably wont get any boss your first try, but Gaping Dragon's pattern's pretty easy to get down.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I hate to say it but it's probably for the best. He massively shot himself in the foot by thinking that the same strategy that made the Wii successful would make the Wii U successful. Granted, the 3DS has strongly bounced back after a crap start but it's more than obvious that the Wii U is essentially a repeat of the Gamecube success wise. Nintendo has an absurd amount of money so the idea of bankruptcy is laughable but Iwata should probably step down and Nintendo should bring in someone fresh.
Agreed, and I'm very iffy on this Quality of life approach.

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
How so? Appreciation for the Wii U?
Yes.

Mario Kart is a system seller. No matter what the doubters in this thread tell you, this series sells systems.
It's a huge franchise. And if they bundle it with the Wii U for $200 it will fly off the shelves.
Everyone making excuses that "there aren't any good games out for Wii U" will have no more excuses.
The game itself looks beautiful, and MK Wii and 7 had great online so they can only go up from there.
And with Mario Kart TV it will create a more competitive environment.
There has never been a bad Mario Kart.
Even Super Circuit was fun.
And anyone complaining about MKWii for characters making noises are the same ones who won't give Yoshi's Island the 10/10 it deserves because Baby Mario's screams are "annoying".

This will be the reason people buy a Wii U.
And once they start it up and realize all the specs and 3rd party problems they were complaining about on the internet really do not transfer over to the system. People have always bought Nintendo systems for first party games, and will continue to do so.
Soon they will understand the great library already out for the system.

Many people will bite their tongues.
They have just been hating the Wii U because it's overshadowed by the powerful other consoles.
But it still offers an immersive video game experience.
No one who owns a Wii U hates it.

The Nintendo marketing team needs to step their game up for this.
They have been in the right direction with Tropical Freeze and Yoshi's New Island.
And with the Pennzoil/real life Mario Kart gaining attention they need to keep going.
I mean crazy marketing for this one.
Commercials showcasing the main aspects of this game, gamepad offscreen play, online, Mario Kart TV.
And at the same time showcasing the Wii U's capabilities and the Virtual Console.
This is the Wii U's ace in the hole for their system.
It's a gimmie.
If they cannot sell this system through this game then there needs to be a shake up in the front office because this game sells itself.

Last edited:

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Finally added my most wanted newcomers to mah sig... AWWWWW YISSSSS

Yeah I know I'm extremely late but IDGAF. Come at me scrubs.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Oh no, never, ever but points in Resistance. Ever. It's completely useless. Ask anyone. Diminishing returns all the way. Endurance is always a good investment, Attunement only if you want 10 slots (which you wont need if you are not solely magic based) and Vitality is also good, though not always necessary.

Really, equipment is way more important than level most of the time. Having a good weapon is way more useful than taking one extra hit.

And yes, strategy does trump level. You probably wont get any boss your first try, but Gaping Dragon's pattern's pretty easy to get down.
I dunno about going for 10 Attunement slots. But I do know I want a melee-spellcaster(specifically Pyromancy) based character and 2 Attunement slots aren't enough for that. I didn't know Resistance was a bad investment however, I didn't look that much into the stat as I figure it would have been useful but guess not. But I do know not to make Attunement go past 50 points. But Edurance and vitality are obviously good investment.

I'm happy with my current weapon, Black Knight Sword, for now. The only stronger weapon I have currently is the Demon's Great Hammer, which is way outta my range to wield. What I want is better armor, but the armor Domhnall sells weighs quite a bit, compared to my Wanderer armor anyway. :L

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I dunno about going for 10 Attunement slots. But I do know I want a melee-spellcaster(specifically Pyromancy) based character and 2 Attunement slots aren't enough for that. I didn't know Resistance was a bad investment however, I didn't look that much into the stat as I figure it would have been useful but guess not. But I do know not to make Attunement go past 50 points. But Edurance and vitality are obviously good investment.

I'm happy with my current weapon, Black Knight Sword, for now. The only stronger weapon I have currently is the Demon's Great Hammer, which is way outta my range to wield. What I want is better armor, but the armor Domhnall sells weighs quite a bit, compared to my Wanderer armor anyway. :L
Well, good news. As a Pyromancer, you do not need any investments in Intelligence. Since you aim to be a spellcaster/melee character, investments in Vit are not, well, vital, for the most part. Though considering there's no Warding or Second Chance spell like in Demon's Souls, you probably should invest in it now and then. I'd say about 4 or 5 Attunement is all you're need.

edit: Also, Demon's Great Hammer sucks horribly. Dragon Tooth is almost 100 points more powerful, has 1000 durability, and requires a lot less strength.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Well, good news. As a Pyromancer, you do not need any investments in Intelligence. Since you aim to be a spellcaster/melee character, investments in Vit are not, well, vital, for the most part. Though considering there's no Warding or Second Chance spell like in Demon's Souls, you probably should invest in it now and then. I'd say about 4 or 5 Attunement is all you're need.

edit: Also, Demon's Great Hammer sucks horribly. Dragon Tooth is almost 100 points more powerful, has 1000 durability, and requires a lot less strength.
Yea. I figured out Pyromancy didn't scale with Intelligence. That's why I went for it. It gave me, overall, more freedom for stats since all it needs is the Attunement stat for slots.

I'm not trying to plan out too much currently. All I know is I want a Melee character that can also use spells effectively. For now I just want to get too 3 Attunement and get a new spell.I'll probably end up focusing on Endurance at this point with the occasional point into Attunement and Vit but switch focus to Str and Dex when I get a new weapon I want to use.

If your curious, here is my current build;

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?b...sd29vZGVuLHdvb2RlbiwxLDAsMCwxLDI1LDI5LDIsMTc=

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Not to mention that neither hold a candle to Majora's Mask >8D
This is my opinion. That ties with Link's Awakening(not DX) for my favorite Zelda game(s) of all time. Both are so good that they take the 1st spot. Wind Waker is second.

OOT was good innovation-wise, but I found a lot of it kind of boring. MM fixes all those issues. TP was bland to me, although the items were neat.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Yea. I figured out Pyromancy didn't scale with Intelligence. That's why I went for it. It gave me, overall, more freedom for stats since all it needs is the Attunement stat for slots.

I'm not trying to plan out too much currently. All I know is I want a Melee character that can also use spells effectively. For now I just want to get too 3 Attunement and get a new spell.I'll probably end up focusing on Endurance at this point with the occasional point into Attunement and Vit but switch focus to Str and Dex when I get a new weapon I want to use.

If your curious, here is my current build;

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?b...sd29vZGVuLHdvb2RlbiwxLDAsMCwxLDI1LDI5LDIsMTc=
That's good. This is an idea of what I think you should look at SL 50.

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=248655694346160943

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Well fellas! Tomorrow is soon to be upon us. And so is the Game Boy Advance Virtual Console launch! Perhaps the lack of a Nintendo Direct may not be such a terrible thing after all. MAYBE a veteran will be revealed for the GBA VC launch.

Even if one isn't, I'll be buying some GBA titles tomorrow, that's for sure.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Well fellas! Tomorrow is soon to be upon us. And so is the Game Boy Advance Virtual Console launch! Perhaps the lack of a Nintendo Direct may not be such a terrible thing after all. MAYBE a veteran will be revealed for the GBA VC launch.

Even if one isn't, I'll be buying some GBA titles tomorrow, that's for sure.
Eh, I'd rather a newcomer than a veteran. If a veteran is revealed then that means we have to wait longer for a newcomer. It could be a couple of days to weeks. :/

Not to mention I like nintendo directs more for than just having Smash content.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Eh, I'd rather a newcomer than a veteran. If a veteran is revealed then that means we have to wait longer for a newcomer. It could be a couple of days to weeks. :/

What?! Nintendo makes things for Directs other than Smash Bros? Oh, I bet it's really cool!

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion

I'd expect a Nintendo Direct sometime next week. Besides, we've been an entire month without any kind of character reveal. So it would stop the drought.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
How bad was this place yesterday? Being April Fools and all. :awesome:
The whole site reverted to 2002 with the blue and black design. Many eyeballs burned at the site. There was one dude that pretended to leak Chrom, turned out to be a photoshop that he admitted to, that was talked about here alot... but to be honest, April Fools was actually pretty tame this year I thought.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I think it was just how so many hated it.
I would've been completely fine without the faulty alert system. Hell, if they fixed it and but it as a legit option, I'd use it. Though they would have to make it more authentic.

Take some inspiration from this old site. This small site is a big part of my childhood.

Neither do I. :smirk:
Sigh...why does everyone here like me so much? Yet seem to hate me at the same time?

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Heh, wish I would've seen it. I was busy all day though.
You missed greatness. That's all.

It was less funny and more irritating.
Admit it, you liked it.

(It wasn't the first time I did the Trollutena thing. I did it last year on April Fools and when the Palutena leak appeared and loads of people were arguing about its authenticity.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom