• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I'm not convinced that he's stepping down.
If enough investors threaten to pull support, and rais. I'm sure it will happen at this rate.
I do hope Iwata can pull the Wii U through though.

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
To be completely honest with ya, I consider those kinda investors to be doing what they doing because they're just a bunch of *******s
Well it's money, and people especially investors, tend to be serious when money is involved. Especially in this day and age. No one wants to loose money, and loosing it needlessly is even worse.

Like Doc Louis always says "Smash Money ain't no joke."

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
To be completely honest with ya, I consider those kinda investors to be doing what they doing because they're just a bunch of *******s
No.

There is no point in investing in something that isn't making you money. It's ****ing common sense. And thinking they are assholes for doing their job just shows how ignorant you are on how business works. In a business money is literally everything.

Last edited:

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
I'm sure this may have been posted here before:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/02/report-iwata-in-trouble-at-nintendo

Iwata is on some thin ice...
Meh... he is always getting this type of comments more in the west press (North America and Europe), by now I don´t think he cares what they say about him, the one that needs to be careful is the CEO of Sony, thats the one in really thin ice.

Link: http://playeressence.com/sony-ceo-kaz-hirai-struggles-with-slumping-electronics-business/

.n_n.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Meh... he is always getting this type of comments more in the west press (North America and Europe), by now I don´t think he cares what they say about him, the one that needs to be careful is the CEO of Sony, thats the one in really thin ice.

Link: http://playeressence.com/sony-ceo-kaz-hirai-struggles-with-slumping-electronics-business/

.n_n.
Well now in general is a critical time for all 3 companies. As successful as the Xbox360 was, it wasn't profitable at all for Microsoft. Execs are considering ending the Xbox brand/Hadware in general and focus strictly on software.
Sony being the in the financial slump which you have shown in the link above. As, well as Nintendo in the link i posted.

All three companies really need to bring their A game. E3 is going to be sweet.
A desperate company is a good one. When you get lax and comfortable you just release the same game over and over with little change. Example: CoD & AC

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Well it's money, and people especially investors, tend to be serious when money is involved. Especially in this day and age. No one wants to loose money, and loosing it needlessly is even worse.

Like Doc Louis always says "Smash Money ain't no joke."
I'm still not convinced that Iwata will end up the loser at E3. Surely he has something planned

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Well now in general is a critical time for all 3 companies. As successful as the Xbox360 was, it wasn't profitable at all for Microsoft. Execs are considering ending the Xbox brand/Hadware in general and focus strictly on software.
Sony being the in the financial slump which you have shown in the link above. As, well as Nintendo in the link i posted.

All three companies really need to bring their A game. E3 is going to be sweet.
A desperate company is a good one. When you get lax and comfortable you just release the same game over and over with little change. Example: CoD & AC
Nah Nintendo is expanding right now into new business with their "QoL" product that for now no one knows what is about, in the other hand you say so yourself Sony is throwing products and services that cannot sustain and the same is going for Microsoft, so in reality the one looking for improving is Nintendo.

.n_n.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm sure this may have been posted here before:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/02/report-iwata-in-trouble-at-nintendo

Iwata is on some thin ice...
I hate to say it but it's probably for the best. He massively shot himself in the foot by thinking that the same strategy that made the Wii successful would make the Wii U successful. Granted, the 3DS has strongly bounced back after a crap start but it's more than obvious that the Wii U is essentially a repeat of the Gamecube success wise. Nintendo has an absurd amount of money so the idea of bankruptcy is laughable but Iwata should probably step down and Nintendo should bring in someone fresh.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Eh, I keep seeing so many people spelling doom for pretty much every game company in existence. If it's as bad as we think it is, clearly these companies might need fresh blood acting as the show-runners. Though it seems like most of the flack is on Microsoft and some of their choices for the X-Box One. To be honest, I can't say that any of the new consoles are particularly bad. I don't own any of them. I just follow games that seem cool, So far the Wii-U and PS4 have some cool stuff headed their way. But no Sony system will ever be complete to me without a Tekken game, so I'm hoping that a Tekken title will get shown off soon.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I just noticed a lot people here main Toon Link.
Hi! It's because Toon Link is amazing! Zelda is one of NIntendo's 3 biggest franchises, and well...... Link isn't usable in Brawl. Luckily, though, they gave us Toon Link.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Hi! It's because Toon Link is amazing! Zelda is one of NIntendo's 3 biggest franchises, and well...... Link isn't usable in Brawl. Luckily, though, they gave us Toon Link.
oh I agree so much about brawl I would have played as him alot more if he didn't play like a feather seriously where was the gravity in this game?

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
The game industry as a whole has bigger issues then which CEO is in charge of which companies, I'm not entirely confidence that simply exchanging one CEO or another is necessary going to make an improvement. There has to be more the na change of management, there needs to be a change in ideas and approaches which most of the AAA industry seems to be struggling to make.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The game industry as a whole has bigger issues then which CEO is in charge of which companies, I'm not entirely confidence that simply exchanging one CEO or another is necessary going to make an improvement. There has to be more the na change of management, there needs to be a change in ideas and approaches which most of the AAA industry seems to be struggling to make.
I'd argue that this did happen when Yamauchi stepped down for Iwata in 2002. Yamauchi was the one who infamously argued that third parties didn't matter and that gamers weren't interested in online gaming. Obviously, Iwata had the opposite view and lead the company in a different direction starting in the Gamecube era. Iwata strongly emphasized the sociability of gaming and this can be seen with how the DS/3DS and Wii/Wii U played out but the problem is that the philosophy didn't evolve. Philosophy wise, the Wii U is stuck in the last generation. It doesn't really offer much that wasn't offered with the 360 and PS3. The Wii brought motion gaming to the table. The Wii U focuses on technology that was technically introduced two generations ago. This isn't to say the Wii U is bad (I've been very satisfied with the first party offerings so far) but it doesn't have the revolutionary vision that the Wii had.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I can only hope with my entire being.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I honestly don't care that much about specs really, I am completely satisfied with my Wii U, as unlike the other two consoles, it's easy to use, and it has glorious first-party games. HD Mario and Donkey Kong is unbeatable.

But I can see why this isn't enough for a lot of people.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I'd argue that this did happen when Yamauchi stepped down for Iwata in 2002. Yamauchi was the one who infamously argued that third parties didn't matter and that gamers weren't interested in online gaming. Obviously, Iwata had the opposite view and lead the company in a different direction starting in the Gamecube era. Iwata strongly emphasized the sociability of gaming and this can be seen with how the DS/3DS and Wii/Wii U played out but the problem is that the philosophy didn't evolve. Philosophy wise, the Wii U is stuck in the last generation. It doesn't really offer much that wasn't offered with the 360 and PS3. The Wii brought motion gaming to the table. The Wii U focuses on technology that was technically introduced two generations ago. This isn't to say the Wii U is bad (I've been very satisfied with the first party offerings so far) but it doesn't have the revolutionary vision that the Wii had.
I just hope that we keep the Nintendo Focused Iwata, the alternative is they replace him with a Phone-gaming-loving-yes-man.

I honestly don't care that much about specs really, I am completely satisfied with my Wii U, as unlike the other two consoles, it's easy to use, and it has glorious first-party games. HD Mario and Donkey Kong is unbeatable.

But I can see why this isn't enough for a lot of people.
I'm the same way. I don't care if it looks like it could pop out of the screen, I really just want quality games. Instance in case: Super Mario Bros. 1985., Mega Man 2, Smash Bros. 64

Good graphics? No. Good gameplay? Yes.

Last edited:

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
The reason for Wii U is struggling is because the marketing has been God awful, the advertising houses haven´t made good ad campaigns and are simple and boring they need to step up their game and advertise more directly with their audience with a stronger and more direct approach or with good concepts seriously if you can´t make strong ads with Nintendo products then you should think again what are you doing, improve your position not only in Canada or US, countries like México, Colombia, Chile, Argentina and Brazil are big targets with a lot of people that can buy your product so specific campaigns for this countries and a massive focus in marketing strategies would be helpful to improve your sales.

This year you can focus a lot of you marketing budget in Brazil there will be a lot of people because of the World Soccer where many tourists and locals will be in the street so you can make some great concepts there and people will see you, meaning you will be in the mind people during that period, there is so much things you can do, that for me Nintendo should fired the marketing people and hire some fresh blood it will change a lot of things and they will get closer to this generation.
.n_n.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I'm the same way. I don't care if it looks like it could pop out of the screen, I really just want quality games. Instance in case: Super Mario Bros. 1985., Mega Man 2, Smash Bros. 64

Good graphics? No. Good gameplay? Yes.
Agreed, though I try to not mistake nostalgia for quality. Super Mario 3D World is a better game than the original Super Mario Bros. in my opinion, perhaps even better than Super Mario 64, due to it's consistent level design and high production values.

Not really that implausible, though admitted I have a hard time explaining to people I prefer Skyward Sword to Ocarina of Time.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Agreed, though I try to not mistake nostalgia for quality. Super Mario 3D World is a better game than the original Super Mario Bros. in my opinion, perhaps even better than Super Mario 64, due to it's consistent level design and high production values.

Not really that implausible, though admitted I have a hard time explaining to people I prefer Skyward Sword to Ocarina of Time.
I agree. That's why I love Nintendo, they don't just make, they expand and improve (generally). While not saying Nintendo is the only one who does this, I appreciate the lack of unnecessary "content" that other devs. prefer. You can make a decent game without having a ton of blood, gore, and cursing. Don't get me wrong, sometimes in the context it's OK (Like Attack on Titan. Blood and Gore = Intensity and feeling of helplessness), but sometimes people go overboard.

And just as a question: Why do you prefer SS over OoT?

@ Zhadgon Zhadgon - Yep... they REALLY need to push this year. With Smash and MK8 coming out, I just hope the Wii U gets the little 'jumpstart' it needs.

Last edited:

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
The differences in Way of storytelling, handholding, artstyle, items, controls, and other design choices, makes it so you really can't compare OoT and SS. Saying one is better than the other is pretty much purely opinion. They overall appeal to very different people.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
The differences in Way of storytelling, handholding, artstyle, items, controls, and other design choices, makes it so you really can't compare OoT and SS. Saying one is better than the other is pretty much purely opinion. They overall appeal to very different people.
Not to mention that neither hold a candle to Majora's Mask >8D

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Anyone on Smashboards should know the answer to that question.

XD!!!

He was a nice change of pace. A more flamboyant, fabulous villain.

Personally, I'd like a psychotic mastermind, totally in control but at the same time, a flair of twisted humor. Oh, and a tragic back story.

Wait, that's Skull Kid. :p

Not to mention that neither hold a candle to Majora's Mask >8D
Thank you.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I tackled the boss in the Depths today. I lost. I got it too less then half HP though. I got over zealous, and paid for it. I need to remember to stay patient. I also ended up cutting it's tail off, as I was attacking it from the back, and got a new weapon. I think I might be able to take it down on my second try, hopefully.

I'd say the bigger problem is that Nintendo stuck, more or less, with the family/casual gamer image instead. It worked wonders for the Wii yes. But when you the next console Wii-U most casuals won't understand, or care, that it's new and will just be fine with the Wii. A lot of the people that ended up buying the Wii were the ones wanting stuff like Wii Fit and stuff, and it worked for that console. But now the consumer base they are still trying to target doesn't see the reason to upgrade because they are fine with what they got. After the Wii Nintendo should have targeted gamers again instead of sticking with the consumer they targeted with the Wii.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
If anyone can do it, I'd love a gif of the dancing scene from the Phineas and Ferb episode 'Terrifying Tri-state trilogy of terror'.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I tackled the boss in the Depth today. I lost. I got it too less then half HP though. I got over zealous, and paid for it. I need to remember to stay patient. I also ended up cutting it's tail off, as I was attacking it from the back, and got a new weapon. I think I might be able to take it down on my second try, hopefully.
Solaire's a big help there. Gaping Dragon's actually extremely easy with him, as long as you always, and I mean always, stay behind the dragon. He'll never hit you from behind, as long as you cut off his tail. If he begins to charge forward, bail. And when he jumps, run away until he's landed, and run behind him, repeat. You using the BK Sword yet?

\I'd say the bigger problem is that Nintendo stuck, more or less, with the family/casual gamer image instead. It worked wonders for the Wii yes. But when you the next console Wii-U most casuals won't understand, or care, that it's new and will just be fine with the Wii. A lot of the people that ended up buying the Wii were the ones wanting stuff like Wii Fit and stuff, and it worked for that console. But now the consumer base they are still trying to target doesn't see the reason to upgrade because they are fine with what they got. After the Wii Nintendo should have targeted gamers again instead of sticking with the consumer they targeted with the Wii.
This all the way. Remember when Sakurai (why isn't he the Nintendo President?!) was answering questions about SSB4 vs. Brawl, and he emphasized that Super Smash Bros 4 was a little more advanced because he felt all the casual audiences brought into Brawl would be more experienced? Why doesn't the Wii U as a whole follow that philosophy??

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Solaire's a big help there. Gaping Dragon's actually extremely easy with him, as long as you always, and I mean always, stay behind the dragon. He'll never hit you from behind, as long as you cut off his tail. If he begins to charge forward, bail. And when he jumps, run away until he's landed, and run behind him, repeat. You using the BK Sword yet?
I had him help me in the battle..... He wasn't much help and died. :L I did attack the dragon from behind though lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom