• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
I thought the gun was from Ape Escape...

btw the lil pink thing is a Katamari
Looks very Earthworm Jim to me...

I haven't played Ape escape in a long time though so maybe I don't know.

Also you're totally right, I can't believe I didn't notice that's a Katamari.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Well, looks like April Fools is over. And so, Trollutena is gone as well. She may be back for the next year, but who knows?

And today's picture once again surprises me. Sakurai is going all out with new items. Most of them have been from Kid Icarus and Zelda, which isn't a bad thing, I suppose...

The Kid Icarus emphasis scares me though. Makes me think that he might overpower Pit (Or Palutena) and not do a **** about it.

And he's gonna promote Pit a lot even though I can name more characters that are, by all means, much more marketable than him

Then again, that's just my opinion

Last edited:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
http://kotaku.com/an-in-depth-chat-with-the-genius-behind-super-smash-bro-530744390

Sakurai: As the creator of Kirby, there may have been instances when people thought ohh I made Kirby stronger because I have a preference for him, so I definitely avoid trying to give any sort of preference, and especially even mentioning anything to anybody about—to give them the idea that I like somebody more than the others.
We could still get a lot of KI stuff, but I think Kirby and MK being overpowered was just a bad coincidence.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Or he didn't take into account single play so much as items when designing MK. He has said he wasn't the greatest at balancing too, after all.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Or he didn't take into account single play so much as items when designing MK. He has said he wasn't the greatest at balancing too, after all.
Meta Knight also doesn't do nearly as well in 4 player free for all. Or on a lot of stages with hazards (read:banned stages). And he really doesn't do as well if you're playing time instead of stock. Almost every aspect of competitive play is in Meta Knight's favor.
He's still widely considered the best character among casuals, though.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Ike is one of the best characters for casual play. Am I right?
Yes, epically for low to mid level casual play(as even within casual play there are different skill levels of course). I'd say second only to Metaknight. And even for high level casual play he's still damn good. Among really new players he's probably #1. I've met a lot of people who think he's straight up broken.

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Yes, epically for low to mid level casual play(as even within casual play there are different skill levels of course). I'd say second only to Metaknight. And even for high level casual play he's still damn good. Among really new players he's probably #1. I've met a lot of people who think he's straight up broken.
Sonic is also good...well...if there is a Smashball, can get fast to some good items. Snake is good too since planting a mine or C4 with him in a 4 player match is less noticable than in a 1 on 1 match. And ofcourse that dacus.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I was pretty excited when I first looked at this PotD. I actually thought Toon Link was getting a moveset revision with something that actually incorporated WIND.
Then, I realized that the item was from Skyward Sword and then came to the realization that it was an item... :nervous:

Im excited for the item's inclusion and all, but I was more so happy for the possibility that Toon Link could actually use something that will do his Hero of the WINDS title justice.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I excited for the item's inclusion and all, but I was more so happy for the possibility that Toon Link could actually use something that will do his Hero of the WINDS title justice.
I hope his Final Smash will take care of that.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero

DAT RWBY action game. I feel the need to work on it and make it into what it could potentially be. God i want to make a character action game so bad. lol

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I'm starved for a direct, it's been so long. It might just be the character drought telling me this, though.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Haha, it was a joke for yesterday, I remade my Top 10 with games I don't like/which have a bad reputation in order to troll visitor.

I also linked that on this thread in the purpose to see what happen when we receive a notification with this 2000's interface.

Now as April Fools' Day is passed, I remade my Top 10 with games I really like.

http://www.senscritique.com/liste/Top_10_Jeux_video/168552
Ok, that makes more since. Nice List!

Lately I watched some gameplay of the Uncharted franchise and I think I fell in love with it.
I also like this music!
You had me at 0:26.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I hate Uncharted and The Last of Us with gusto. Can't forgive Naughty Dog for just outright dropping Jak like they did with Crash. At least Insomniac has the decency to keep making Ratchet games alongside their newer IPs.

On the subject of the Gust Bellows, really nice that Zelda is getting a good bit of items, though this thing feels like it makes FLUDD even more useless.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm not too sure why Jak and Daxter stopped getting games. I guess they might have just ran out of ideas for that series. Though to be honest, it's not the first series that comes to mind when I really want a sequel to come out.

I hate Uncharted and The Last of Us with gusto. Can't forgive Naughty Dog for just outright dropping Jak like they did with Crash. At least Insomniac has the decency to keep making Ratchet games alongside their newer IPs.
Meh

I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy Jak and Daxter. In fact, it's my favorite PS2 game. I just learned how to just let it go and move on (No Frozen pun intended morons)

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I certainly wasn't expecting you to have an opinion on the game. :p

Meh, doesn't bother me too much. The elementalist is so broken that I feel as though it was there excuse to have people stop using it. xD

No, I wasn't talking about level grinding. I knew about that from my strategy guide.

I was referring to how gems are used to upgrade your armor and weapons up to 99+ and the crowns. Which is how you are meant to be able to get through the area where you get your crowns taken away.

Also, when did that happen in Coded? I remember beating the game, but I forgot the details. :/
It's like around Hollow Bastion. You get reset to level 1. And have to unlock your levels little by little.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I'm not too sure why Jak and Daxter stopped getting games. I guess they might have just ran out of ideas for that series. Though to be honest, it's not the first series that comes to mind when I really want a sequel to come out.
If it makes you feel better, The Last of Us was suppose to be a Jak and Daxter game before it became The Last of Us.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Mcleodgaming said:
As many of you may have guessed, Mr. Incredible will unfortunately not be joining the fray.
Am I the only one that's sad with this?

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
WHAT!!!?? Why did they do this! I was happy with Mr. Incredible! No...they...can't...be..serious...
Darn it...I really got excited for him.
The major reason why I wanted him was his rep (he's the Pichu of the franchise).
Just how much I could troll with him was innumerable.
Heck, his sprite didn't look that bad. I fact, I would've mained him.

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
So....

We got rumors of a direct on Thursday.

Look around for announcements of one tomorrow!

They are announced one day ahead of time, right?
They usually are, though with the exception of exactly one time (at least as far as I remember) they are usually announced in the morning. When noon comes around, I think it's safe to assume that if no Direct has been announced yet, there probably won't be one. Lest Nintendo decides to announce it later then air it like around 4:00 Central tomorrow... which is awful because I'll be at work at that time.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Ok, I'm pretty sure that this is absolutely never gonna happen, but I think this song fits the game very well.
So long as I get to say "I'VE GOT BETTER THINGS TO DO TONIGHT THAN DIE!" before lobbing a Bob-omb at my opponents... or of course saying "SUCH HEROIC NONSENSE" before having Bowser blast Little Mac with the Steel Diver gun... then yes... let's have the whole soundtrack for that movie!

If the game has custom soundtrack (I doubt it will) that whole album is going on there as is the new Vince DiCola score release that came out of Intrada ( http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.8506/.f?sc=13&category=-113 ) those are going on there too. That movie is absolutely glorious.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Last edited:

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
just reading that Kickstarter one thing I would say:
Trying to market by having indie game characters work better when people actually know about them. When skimming through the pictures I thought is was only original character. And based on a google search, one of them doesn't even look like the orignal

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
just reading that Kickstarter one thing I would say:
Trying to market by having indie game characters work better when people actually know about them. When skimming through the pictures I thought is was only original character. And based on a google search, one of them doesn't even look like the orignal
Yeah the characters didn´t make me say I need to play this, if they have included Super Meatboy, Fez, Knight from Rogue Legacy, Character from VVVVV, IWTBTG (I want to be the Guy), Octodad, Mark of the Ninja, Don´t Starve Character and Steve from Minecraft.

.n_n.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I kind of think it's bull**** that Luigi's Poltergust is a final smash and not a down special when Mario's is the F.L.U.D.D.

Now I know how people feel when they complain that Ganondorf shares moves with Captain Falcon. It's the same way I feel when Luigi doesn't share moves with Mario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom