• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, I would have responded sooner but no one wanted to talk about the new TMNT trailer I just found out about

Edit: It was just uploaded yesterday

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
So... TMNT is the topic, eh?

I never really watched TMNT. I do have a friend who liked to watch the future TMNT or somethin' like that.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So... TMNT is the topic, eh?

I never really watched TMNT. I do have a friend who liked to watch the future TMNT or somethin' like that.
You mean TMNT 2003 Fast Forward (Season 6)?

TMNT 2003 sucked after season 4

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah.. that one.
The original cartoon started airing when I was 1 year old

and for my young childhood into kindergarten I lived in New York

So, if you can imagine it was inevitable I'd be surrounded by it

I find it hard to still find TMNT cool now that I'm older and have discovered anime and manga.
Ironic because now that I'm older, I find anime and Manga boring but new found interest in TMNT

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm just kind of sick of how anime and manga can get away with terrible writing and over-reliance on fan expected tropes because they have style over substance while TMNT was always meant to be an absurdist concept, in fact it was made as a parody

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I'm just kind of sick of how anime and manga can get away with terrible writing and over-reliance on fan expected tropes because they have style over substance while TMNT was always meant to be an absurdist concept, in fact it was made as a parody
Some animes do have terrible writing, you're correct. I'm watching Death Note at the moment and some of the scripting just sucks.

Personally I find a really good anime is much better than a really good western cartoon.

Edit: Sorry, double post. Please mergeeeee with above.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Most of the bad western cartoons are self aware of their bad writing though and don't come as pretentious

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Just read some comments on youtube about Uncharted 2.
A bunch of angry serbs were ranting how the main antagonist of the game is a Serb.

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
Back on topic, I think it's entirely possible we'll have 8 Pokémon, especially if we only get one newcomer. The 6 from Brawl, Greninja, Mewtwo. Mewtwo would almost feel like a newcomer. I know it seems like a lot, but people forget that as the roster expands, more obscure characters are allowed. Plus, Mario also has 8, if you count Yoshi, Wario and Donkey Kong.

Squirtle/Ivysaur: +Starters in XY, Mega Evolutions
-Mega Evo. wouldn't make much sense*, existed in Brawl for Pokémon Trainer

*There is an item in the card game called the devolution spray, so it's not entirely impossible.

Mewtwo: +TWO Mega Evolutions, in Brawl's code
-Wasn't in Brawl, might be too similar to Lucario+Greninja

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Even if Falco got revealed this week I doubt the leak would be true. Seeying as I expect Falco to be the next veteran to be revealed.
No one really expects Falco. They just want Falco. I'm pretty sure Wario or Metaknight will be revealed first.

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
No one really expects Falco. They just want Falco. I'm pretty sure Wario or Metaknight will be revealed first.
Nah, I think it'll be either Ness, Capt Falcon, Mr G&W or Falco. Meta Knight will probably be a secret character since we already have Dedede.

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I can already imagine the Playstation AllStars Battle Royale fanbase wanting Songbird as a playable character and with the " He's too big" argument. Ha... it's Ridley all over again.

Last edited:

Zwzchow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zwzchow8
3DS FC
1805-3193-2658
G&W and Meta Knight too
Nah, I think it'll be either Ness, Capt Falcon, Mr G&W or Falco. Meta Knight will probably be a secret character since we already have Dedede.
Only problem is that Ness Falcon G&W and Falco are usually unlockables. Meta Knight will probably be one too unfortunately

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
So you think that most of the characters that are typically unlock able have a better chance of being revealed than a character that was a starter in the last game? I think thats unlikely. I think that Falcon will probably go back to being secret. Falco will definitely be unlock able imo.

Last edited:

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
You guys seem to forget that Luigi, Marth, Toon Link and Lucario have all been secret characters in the previous games.
Luigi was revealed because it was the his year according to Sakurai i have a feeling if were getting Chorm Marth might be unlockable this time. I cannot explain Lucario and Toon Link.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Sonic was revealed before release

Sakurai just thinks it's appropriate for 3rd party characters to be unlockables

and Luigi was for Year of Luigi and Sonic was for Lost World release
Mmm, debatable.
The direct that revealed Luigi showed off Mario and Luigi Dream Team, as such, Sakurai took advantage. It wasn't because of the Year of Luigi.

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
You guys seem to forget that Luigi, Marth, Toon Link and Lucario have all been secret characters in the previous games.

Bless this post

I think it's become obvious that Sakurai is revealing unlockables this time around. Unlockable status doesn't mean much. They're just there to give you something to do. You spend 95% of the game with everyone unlocked anyway,

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
@R.O.B.

Incoming nosebleed? :troll:

Oh yeah, and this:

Snake is still a perv. :troll:

Last but not least:

Last edited:

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
>People speculating with Sakurai's "patterns"

he's only ever given two constants: a PotD every Mon-Fri at roughly 3 a.m. (Eastern), and new character(s) in Nintendo Directs.
All this speculation will just senselessly rack your brain, gaiz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom