• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

LoZ: Waluigi Time is such a good mod that Nintendo should make his game already!!!

Nielicus

Smash Lord
Now that was uncalled for and you know it.
I didn't mean it in a way to hurt your feelings.. I just have pretty vulgar humor/Vocabulary. Sorry, lol

I seriously don't get what you mean though

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Holy shucking crap. I just read The Maze Runner in one day. I literally checked that book out today and have already read shucking all of it. The book was amazing.

I'm just at a lost of words for it. So many feels and so much surprise and so much mystery left.

I'm gonna wait and start the second book tomorrow, I still need to finish processing the first book.

Just holy shucking cow.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Custom moves. Beat is in!:pimp:
Is this real? Beat's Model is on point. I guess Megaman might have a few unique specials after all. And we know that the Plant Barrier is one of the Leaf Shield variants. Thought now I'm curious as what the other one is.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Is this real? Beat's Model is on point. I guess Megaman might have a few unique specials after all. And we know that the Plant Barrier is one of the Leaf Shield variants. Thought now I'm curious as what the other one is.
Wasn't there a bubble barrier?

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Not potd related, but after watching more Hyrule Warrior gameplay, I've realized how adorable Lana is, how much I want her in Smash, and how I know that'll never happened cuz she's owned by KT :'(

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Guess what guys...

Iz mah birfday

:3

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
  • Unlike Skull Barrier, Plant Barrier won't vanish after hitting an invulnerable or shielded enemy. In fact, it will ignore shielding and cause heavy damage to boot, making the weapon an effective counter to the Shield Attacker GTR and Brown.

Shield breaker perhaps?

And I'd love being able to walk around while using the Skull Barrier too.

Last edited:

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I watched a marathon of MLP for a few days and suddenly it's become one of my favorite shows.

I've had so many Pony avis lately...

I'll probably go for some bigger variety after I'm done with this one though.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Well its official.
“One of the goals we’ve set for ourselves is This is a party game’,” reveals Sakurai. “We want a lot of people to pick up and play – that’s one reason why we have the For Fun/For Glory mode separation this time around.

not that it matters

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Well its official.
“One of the goals we’ve set for ourselves is This is a party game’,” reveals Sakurai. “We want a lot of people to pick up and play – that’s one reason why we have the For Fun/For Glory mode separation this time around.

not that it matters
Is that from a new interview?

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
Well its official.

not that it matters
Is that what he said at E3 because i remember hearing something to that effect.

D

Deleted member

Well its official.

not that it matters
So nothing new there basically?

Renji64

Smash Lord
This new sakurai interview pretty much says this game isn't for the verteran smash player at lol.

"I think with Brawl, if people hadn’t played the series before and this was their first Smash, there was a lot that appealed to them, but the Smash veterans didn’t see it as their cup of tea,” concludes Sakurai. “One thing as a developer I have to keep in mind is that it’s not enough to make a game that will satisfy our core fanbase. We have to reach out and appeal to new players. Finding that sweet spot is always difficult.”

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well its official.

not that it matters
Uh...didn't we know this already? I don't see how this changes anything.

Smashiny

Smash Journeyman
This new sakurai interview pretty much says this game isn't for the verteran smash player at lol.

"I think with Brawl, if people hadn’t played the series before and this was their first Smash, there was a lot that appealed to them, but the Smash veterans didn’t see it as their cup of tea,” concludes Sakurai. “One thing as a developer I have to keep in mind is that it’s not enough to make a game that will satisfy our core fanbase. We have to reach out and appeal to new players. Finding that sweet spot is always difficult.”
No it doesnt, smash has always been a party game...

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
You know what I just realised?
King Dedede isn't in any of Meta Knight's screenshots.
Even Ike has appeared in more screenshots at this point...

D

Deleted member

How does it (especially that quote) say that? If that quote says anything, it's that he is trying to find a balance.

"I think with Brawl, if people hadn’t played the series before and this was their first Smash, there was a lot that appealed to them, but the Smash veterans didn’t see it as their cup of tea"

"Finding that sweet spot is always difficult"

Renji64

Smash Lord
How does it (especially that quote) say that? If that quote says anything, it's that he is trying to find a balance.

"I think with Brawl, if people hadn’t played the series before and this was their first Smash, there was a lot that appealed to them, but the Smash veterans didn’t see it as their cup of tea"

"Finding that sweet spot is always difficult"
He only cares about the new player's experience it is pretty clear he can try to word it nicely if he wants.

D

Deleted member

Oh god DAMMIT! I've been practicing on the wrong stage list! Green Hill Zone is a counterpick and not a starter, while Yoshi's Story is legal. Shoot. At least the Gentleman's Clause is in effect, so I can "play" all of my matches on Temple maybe :troll:

He only cares about the new player's experience it is pretty clear he can try to word it nicely if he wants.
That's not what he says. He is saying that you can't make a game that only appeals to the core audience; you must also be aware of the new players, the people who buy this game as their first Smash experience. and I agree with him

Regardless; exactly what does this change? Oh yeah, nothing. This isn't a new ground breaking revelation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom