• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nielicus

Smash Lord
Aphrodite lady seashell bikini

Sucks I couldn't go to the Artpop Ball :/

Also, I doubt we'll get a direct this week. So probably next week

James Phillips

Smash Journeyman
So we can all agree that the shoulder buttons and lack of hinges will make the 2DS the best system to play Smash 3DS.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I am getting the impression that you care more about the success of a Zelda game, which will never ride on one NPC's name, than you are in honoring the man.
I should have been more clear with what I said. I meant that I'll accept it if the NPC actually plays a major role in any future Zelda game's story instead of being a shop keeper that barely anyone will remember. The character based on him SHOULD be be equally as memorable and charismatic as him instead of being a generic character that has little in common other than just a name.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I should have been more clear with what I said. I meant that I'll accept it if the NPC actually plays a major role in any future Zelda game's story instead of being a shop keeper that barely anyone will remember. The character based on him SHOULD be be equally as memorable and charismatic as him instead of being a generic character that has little in common other than just a name.
Understandable. Though if something like that did happen, I think they'd try to honor the man as best they could.

D

Deleted member

Enjoy spending the extra cash for broken hinges, a useless feature and terrible shoulder buttons :^)
That's a lie, it's impossible to break the hinges on any portable consoles Nintendo has ever made sans the GBA SP. We all know that they're made of the same stuff Gamecube controllers are made of.

Soul.

So we can all agree that the shoulder buttons and lack of hinges will make the 2DS the best system to play Smash 3DS.
Eh, some people would stick to the 3DS XL for the bigger screens and things like that. In fact, I think some people would use the normal 3DS. The 2DS could be the better option, but in the end, it depends on the player.

James Phillips

Smash Journeyman
I like my shoulder buttons just fine thank you very much.
You like them cramp-inducing and weak, huh? Well I won't infringe on your opinion.

That's a lie, it's impossible to break the hinges on any portable consoles Nintendo has ever made sans the GBA SP. We all know that they're made of the same stuff Gamecube controllers are made of.
Broken isn't exactly the right word, more like worn out quickly until their frail and wobbly.

D

Deleted member

Broken isn't exactly the right word, more like worn out quickly until their frail and wobbly.
Never really had that problem with any portable Nintendo consoles (sans the GBA SP) but whatever. It's really going to come down to preference which one you play on anyway. Personally I'm sticking with my normal 3DS because buying another console that achieves that same thing as the one I already have is pointless and a waste of money :4pacman:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
You are just jealous that you spent extra money on an inferior system. :troll:
Enjoy spending the extra cash for broken hinges, a useless feature and terrible shoulder buttons :^)
...You don't SERIOUSLY think any of us feel ripped off by the 3DS/XL, do you? XD

Sounds like you two just need a better pair of hands, to me. The XL is nice and comfy for me and I love it's shoulder buttons. Plus, I happen to like the 3D feature sometimes and having the option to just keep it turned off if I don't want it.

Besides.

I'm happier with having a system I can bend and put away anywhere than something that's only good for these.

D

Deleted member

They should release a White + Red 2DS. That would be cool.
.. yeah, I am aware it's only out in Europe.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Hey guys.
How many South Americans does it take to change a light bulb?

A Brazilian.

That is all.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
...You don't SERIOUSLY think any of us feel ripped off by the 3DS/XL, do you? XD

Sounds like you two just need a better pair of hands, to me. The XL is nice and comfy for me and I love it's shoulder buttons. Plus, I happen to like the 3D feature sometimes and having the option to just keep it turned off if I don't want it.

Besides.

I'm happier with having a system I can bend and put away anywhere than something that's only good for these.

The Vita chopping one made me chuckle. Because I hate the Vita.

Last edited:

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
What's this about 2DS'? You mean, the kid 3DS? That's like saying Digimon is better than Pokemon. Ya' nerds!

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
What's this about 2DS'? You mean, the kid 3DS? That's like saying Digimon is better than Pokemon. Ya' nerds!

Goddamn, that's a whole other kinda debate I don't want ANY part of! XD;

At least the 2DS vs. 3DS one was just a joke. ¦D

D

Deleted member

Decided to make a new avatar. I really like how it turned out. The Wii U/Nintendo 3DS part looks weird but whatever.
super smash brothers avatar.png

D

Deleted member

The Smash Ball is purple.
Ridley confirmed.
The Ridley relation was completely unintentional good civilian . I simply used the color picker tool when making each character a solid color, and no character had a significant amount of purple, so I just made the Smash Ball purple because I like purple. Boom creation process!

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
I don't understand why the 2DS is a hingless wedge. If I replaced my 3DS(which I probably will at some point because both my shoulder buttons are broken) I would be fine with replacing it with a 2DS, since I never cared for the 3D anyway...if the 2DS hadn't been designed by a madman.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Some time ago there was talk about a Nintendo theme park. Now, I don't know if such a thing would happen and is practical, but it's not impossible. I came up with some attraction and ride ideas inspired by many franchises. I don't know if some of the rides are doable, so think of it like a fantasy type thing. I've also ripped-off existing roller coaster rides a bit cuz I was lazy. I will also try to include pics of the types of roller coasters for those who don't know:

Nintendo World

A Nintendo-themed amusement park. The park is divided into sections consisting of "themes" with the exception of Super Mario, as it has it's own section being the biggest one. Some parks include: Mushroom Kingdom, Critter Zone, Sci-Fi World, Fantasy Realm, etc. So, without further ado, some sections and rides:

Mushroom Kingdom

Name: Pipeworks
Type: Dive Coaster
Decription: Want to know how the Super Mario Bros. feel when they drop down into pipes? Well, here's your chance!

A free falling, 90-degree short drop ride. The theme is inspired by the game Mario Bros. As such, a green pipe-like structure starts halfway around the drop, and various Mario enemies can be seen around the ride. Once through the pipe (it's very dark), there is a short ride in an underground tunnel. That area resembles an underground sewer. Then, the visitors will re-surface.

Name: The Overthrow
Type: inverted roller coaster
Description: Bowser has created a giant roller coaster in Mushroom Kingdom! Can you survive this monstrosity?

A large ride with corkscrews, Immelmann loops, twists, and a vertical loop. The colours of the roller coaster are various dark shades of blue and red, as well as black to paint a more menacing picture. The car seats themselves resemble decorative thrones.

Name: Horror Mansion
Type: Dark ride
Description: Come along with Luigi and explore the frightening mansion inhabitant by ghosts!

Similar to The World of Pokemon, however, a more dark and scary atmosphere is present. Visitors will travel through a haunted front garden first, then entrie the mansion. Various ghost enemies from the Luigi's Mansion games can bee seen, as well as an animatronic Prof. E. Gadd (who talks all gibberish).

Name: Yoshi-Go-Round
Type: merry-go-round
Description: Ride Yoshi on this classic carousel ride!

Pinna Park yo!

Other attractions:

- The House of Delfino (a tropical restaurant inspired by Super Mario Sunshine)
- Splatter Factory (Bowser Jr. with his magic paintbrush and the Inklings, from Splatoon, have come together to create a paint house. The factory is a place where artistic souvenirs could be made like T-shirts, pottery, etc. Includes a lot of splatter paint activities. Mario and Splatoon themed)
- Royal Gardens (beautiful botanical gardens that visitors can stroll through)

Critter Zone

Name: Thunder Speedway
Type: Wild mouse
Description: Electric-type Pokemon are on the loose! Can you keep up with their speeds?

A fast ride with various sharp turns, switchbacks, and dips. There is one long drop near the end. The car colours are based on various electric Pokemon (and the Pokemon's head/body is on the front). Some include: Pikachu, Raikou, Plusle & Minun, Electivire, Zekrom, Dedenne.

Name: The World of Pokemon
Type: Dark ride attraction
Description: Explore the Pokemon universe... watch out for Team Rocket!

A pokemon-themed ride which takes people across a scenic track in cars. Riders will enter a cave, which various animatronic Pokemon can be seen dancing and having a good time. As time goes on, the ride will become more intense and darker. There is a part where Team Rocket (or just Meowth) captures Pikachu. However, the final scene depicts Team Rocket getting defeated and Pikachu and the rest of the Pokemon celebrating.

The ride plays emphasis on animation, music, and special effects for a dramatic experience. Something like Pirates of the Caribbean in Disneyland. Except, well, if Nintendo World would be in Japan, then a J-pop Pokemon song would probably play near the end.

Name: Klaptrap Attack
Type: Top Spin
Description: A good way to cool off... as long as you could avoid the snaps of the Klaptraps!

A rotating thrill ride that's composed of arms that hold up long gondolas that sway up and down freely. The arms will rotate in a clockwise motion, making the gondolas sway in full circles. There is a fountain located right under the rides, and many Klaptrap figures are placed inside. The Klaptraps spray water from their mouths, which can soak visitors when the ride moves close to the ground.

Name: DK's Barrel Blaster
Type: Teacups
Description: Jump in a barrel and have fun!

The ride is DK-themed -- the environment around the ride is jungle-like, as well as statues of DK and Diddy can be seen.. Many different coloured barrels are available to ride in.

Other attractions:

Pikachu's Crazy Maze (large Pokemon-themed maze for kids and adults)
Build-A-Pal (like Build-A-Bear except people create their own animal plush inspired by Animal Crossing characters)

Sci-Fi World

Name: Mute City: Grande Prix
Type: dual-tracked racing roller coaster
Description: Race in Mute City against opponents!

Set in a futuristic city environment, this ride is semi-outside. Cars are based off of F-Zero machines, like Blue Falcon, Fire Stingray, Wild Goose, Golden Fox, etc. Speeds are fast, and for most of the track, visitors are racing parallel to another kart, but not close enough to hi-five each other (gotta stay safe!). At some parts, riders will diverge from the opponents and go through some buildings and whatnot. In addition, the kart may speed-up, pass the opponents, or some parts the opponents will pass. However, ultimately, the race will end as a tie.

There are no laps, as the whole ride is essentially one long "lap". It's just a race to the finish line.

Name: Galactic Invasion!
Type: enclosed roller coaster
Description: Can you get pass the scary space pirates invading our planet?

A Metroid-themed indoor coaster. There are areas which are dark, however, lights will flash when the karts are about to drop or do sharp turns. Many of Samus' enemies can been seen in the dark areas when the lights flash. They enemies are animatronic and some make creepy noises. There is also a part when the ride takes an upward corkscrew drive around Mother Brain in the middle (or another enemy like Parasite Queen/Ridley/ect.).

Basically Space mountain except less dark...? sorry, I can't stand pitch dark rides >.>

Name: Tidal Wave
Type: motorbike roller coaster
Description: Hop on a jet ski and ride the waves!

Visitors will ride cars that resemble jet skies on this steel coaster. The ride itself has various dips and turns (cars turn around markings that resemble buoys) driving over water. The environment composes of various pools of water, a waterfall in the background, and a rocky tunnel that the visitors goes through.

Alternately, instead of Wave Race, the ride could be inspired by Mach Rider. Just make the cars motorbikes, and replace the watery scenery with an environment from Mach Rider.

Name: Captain Olimar's Blast Zone
Type: drop tower

Description: Captain Olimar has got a new spaceship and would like you to test it out!

A fairly tall tower, this ride allows visitors to see the whole park from a bird's eye view -- only to quickly drop down after a short amount of time. The seats and colouring resemble a spaceship.

Other attractions:

- Video game arcade (which includes a lot of retro games)
- The Pit Stop (an intergalactic-themed bar & grill)
Fantasy Realm

Name: Zora's Rippling Rapids
Type: River rapids ride
Description: There's a neat river located in Hyrule. Hope in one of the boats and prepare to get soaking wet!

Visitors will sit in a raft/boat (something from Zelda idk) and go down a narrow river channel. The scenery around is inspired by the Zelda series -- structures such as castles and temples can been seen around. Statues of Zoras can been seen guarding and there are many waterfalls the boat may move under, as well as dips that may case splashes. There is also a whirlpool section.

Name: The Flying Red Lion
Type: Pirate ship
Description: The magical boat, King of Red Lions, is waiting for you to get in and have some fun!

A classic pirate ship ride that resembles a large King of Red Lions.

Name: The Dark Dragon
Type: Powered roller coaster (difference being that these rides are powered throughout the whole entire course = curves and hills at beginning versus regular coasters. Electricity in tracks and motors usually power the trains)
Description: Arm yourself with a sword and fend off the evil dragon!

The ride starts outside, then goes through a dark mountain. While inside, there are various visual themes and lighting effects going on. The ride will pass a large anmatronic Grima, which can be seen when the lights flash. Many other dragons such as Divine and Ice can bee seen.

Other attractions:

- Marth's Fabulous Boutique (medieval clothing and jewelry with a modern flair. Also sells cosplays)
- Knights of Nintendo (a medieval banquet that's utensil free. Live jousting matches can be watched in the middle of the restaurant)
- Milk Bar (sells milk-related beverages and non-alcoholic drinks. Also sells other dairy products like chocolate and sweets)

I play too much Roller Coaster Tycoon

Somebody... pls finish and do series like Star Fox, Kid Icarus, Kirby, etc ect. I'm... pooped... lol
This is very hype. I think Star Fox would be like a more intense version of the Toy Story ride at Magic Kingdom to keep in line with the rail shooting nature of the series, and Kid Icarus should get one of those flying rollercoasters.

Last edited:

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
Nintendo should create a successor to the GameCube, focusing on the hardware rather than the innovation of the day. Heavily promote it and release it with a new FPS IP, Smash Bros., and F-Zero and follow up with games that made the GameCube my favorite console of all time.

Soul.

So I was on the Diddy Kong subforums, and "Item Tossing" in Smash 4 is like Brawl's glide tossing. I guess that's a good thing.
:4diddy: confirmed to be top tier once again...maybe, if that technique stays in the final build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom