• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
**** is going down in the Glade of Dreams. There's a clearer image of the trophy that Ubisoft posted, both for comparison:

If anyone tries to say this is the same trophy at two different angles again, they deserve a slap and a pair of glasses.
This was already pointed out the day this particular PotD was revealed.

People believe that the first trophy is an earlier build, which Sakurai may have mistakenly used, as the bottom one is a better characterisation of Rayman's character, with subtle improvements.

The top one looks like he's downed too much Plum juice.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm starting to think Rayman will indeed be playable after all the ruckus that has been going around ever since the trophy reveal.

Rayman would just be a downright awesome character for Smash!

D

Deleted member

It's so obviously not though... I'm trying to figure out if the bottom one is 3DS Rayman or not.
Can't be 3DS. If it was 3DS, it'd have a smaller screenshot size andd the model would look pretty much like the in-game 3DS playable character models. I think they just modified the Rayman trophy found in the Wii U version.. or maybe one trophy is for NA (first one), and one is for Europe and Japan (second one)?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't see why a character from a company that hates the wii u should be in the wii u's biggest game

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Not everyone will reappear. Naturally, with a cast so large, not everyone can remain consistently in the spotlight.

It's also a matter of bias on my part, since the people I interact with more in this thread have a higher chance of having larger roles (since I know them better, and can thus draw stronger caricatures of them). We've hardly interacted, so there wasn't much for me to work off from you***.

I don't have any plans for you post-Act I, but I could work in some more offhand references to you in future Acts (though this isn't a guarantee). However, I have to balance including as many people as I can, and actually having a structured story. Prease undelstand that the story is bigger than any one of you.

***As I recalled, you have an association with Vegito, so I wove that in. The jingoist thing, on the other hand, is also true, due to the implicit subtext of your many posts.
Well, it's not really me wanting to be in the story as much as me wanting to get tagged whenever a new act comes out so I don't have to go searching for them. =P

Also, I had no clue I was sending off a Jingoist vibe. XD

And you were right about me having an association with Vegito. We're besties.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
It's so obviously not though... I'm trying to figure out if the bottom one is 3DS Rayman or not.
Since when did the 3DS display HD images like the Wii U? Time for that pair of glasses mate.
Maybe trophies do little animations when you select them now? I dunno.
These are clearly two different models, there wouldn't be two models for an animation.
This was already pointed out the day this particular PotD was revealed.

People believe that the first trophy is an earlier build, which Sakurai may have mistakenly used, as the bottom one is a better characterisation of Rayman's character, with subtle improvements.
Yes, but now there's a better image for comparison, which clearly shows a different trophy.

And why would Sakurai change it? He specifically stated that Ubisoft sent him the 3D model, nowhere in that story does "altering it" fit in. Unless one is the "Classic" and one is the "Smash," in which case, Rayman would be playable.
I don't see why a character from a company that hates the wii u should be in the wii u's biggest game
If by "hates the Wii U" you mean "one of the only third parties continually releasing games for it" then he certainly deserves it.

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I don't think Sakurai would mislead us by revealing a playable character they already revealed as a trophy. That's just wishful thinking.

Besides, we already have 3 3rd party characters in one game already, and each of them has had a significant impact on Nintendo and the gaming industry in the past. Why shove Rayman in there when there's plenty of Nintendo characters who've yet to make it into Smash?

Last edited:

Soul.

If Rayman is revealed to be a newcomer, I'll congratulate his supporters for having faith and stuff.
But..."believe" in competitive Smash 4. :troll:
The metagame starts and suddenly Rayman is S tier on the first tier list. Lol, wait...

D

Deleted member

I don't think Sakurai would mislead us by revealing a playable character they already revealed as a trophy. That's just wishful thinking.

Besides, we already have 4 3rd party characters in one game already, and each of them has had a significant impact on Nintendo and the gaming industry in the past. Why shove Rayman in there?

Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-man.

If Snake returns, then 4.

Nielicus

Smash Lord

Besides, we already have 4 3rd party characters in one game already, and each of them has had a significant impact on Nintendo and the gaming industry in the past. Why shove Rayman in there when there's plenty of Nintendo characters who've yet to make it into Smash?
I hate the fact that he's even a trophy but it's cool, I hope they have a "Significant 3rd Parties" trophy section

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Since when did the 3DS display HD images like the Wii U? Time for that pair of glasses mate.

These are clearly two different models, there wouldn't be two models for an animation.

Yes, but now there's a better image for comparison, which clearly shows a different trophy.

And why would Sakurai change it? He specifically stated that Ubisoft sent him the 3D model, nowhere in that story does "altering it" fit in. Unless one is the "Classic" and one is the "Smash," in which case, Rayman would be playable.

If by "hates the Wii U" you mean "one of the only third parties continually releasing games for it" then he certainly deserves it.
Yeah you're right, the hair's way different.
#RaymanConfirmed anybody?

D

Deleted member

Rayman has become the new Gematsu Leak in terms of discussion and controversy.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Well, it's not really me wanting to be in the story as much as me wanting to get tagged whenever a new act comes out so I don't have to go searching for them. =P

Also, I had no clue I was sending off a Jingoist vibe. XD

And you were right about me having an association with Vegito. We're besties.
Everyone who has appeared in the story will be tagged in each story post.

So even if, for instance, you only appear in Act I, you will still be tagged in all subsequent Acts. And so it goes for everyone else. 8D

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Although Dr. Wright first appeared in the SNES Sim City game, all games that Dr. Wright has appeared in does not give any credit to EA which tells me he's not EA property.
He is based on SimCity and The Sims creator Will Wright, isn't he?

Soul.

Rayman has become the new Gematsu Leak in terms of discussion and controversy.
I thought Ridley was the new Gematsu leak in terms of controversy. Leaks are nothing but wish lists. Some are true, but that's what they are.

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
He revealed Phosphora as just a trophy, then she was shown as an Assist Trophy in one of Palutena's pics on the site.

I also just find it odd that a third-party character is just a trophy. I don't know, it just seems weird to me.

D

Deleted member

Although Dr. Wright first appeared in the SNES Sim City game, all games that Dr. Wright has appeared in does not give any credit to EA which tells me he's not EA property.
Didn't he appear in that 64DD Sim City game?

D

Deleted member

I thought Ridley was the new Gematsu leak in terms of controversy. Leaks are nothing but wish lists. Some are true, but that's what they are.
Ridley was always controversial. Gematsu only became controversial when the second leak happened, and some people thought that Gematsu + Rosalina was the entire roster.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Didn't he appear in that 64DD Sim City game?
I know for a fact he did appear in the SNES version because I had it

Also this answers your question

As well

64 DD sounds dirty

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I guess you know it's time for a phone upgrade when people on facebook start making a "Back in my day" joke about a feature your phone has

D

Deleted member

I know for a fact he did appear in the SNES version because I had it

Also this answers your question

As well

64 DD sounds dirty
Yeah, I was talking about that. I never bought (like most users) a 64 Disk Drive but it'd be interesting to try one out. Mostly because of Mario Paint.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
If Ray Man does actually happen, I'll main him in a heartbeat. If not, here's hoping for him to be unveiled as DLC.

#Raymanforsm4sh

Last edited:

Soul.

So if Rayman is confirmed for Smash 4 and when Smash 3DS is released, will we all play online to celebrate or something?
I dunno, I'll most likely play Pikachu competitvely, so yeah. Maybe I'll have to fight a lot of Rayman mains.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I'm playing Brawl right now. I'm practicing with Mr Game and Watch, and earlier on Port Town Aero Dive I KO'd everyone on stage, ALL 4 FIGHTERS with an electrode, and now I'm at a 93% chance of dying laughing.
**** is going down in the Glade of Dreams. There's a clearer image of the trophy that Ubisoft posted, both for comparison:

If anyone tries to say this is the same trophy at two different angles again, they deserve a slap and a pair of glasses.
Call me up whenever the first slap is needed
Rouge the Bat! Phone numbers on the card!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom