• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul.

So, with that said.
...What should we do?
Start playing online, while the others wait 43 more days until the character support threads meet their end and the Japanese release of Smash 3DS.
That McLeodGaming Network thing takes a while to load, though, so I dunno how will the other players make an account in order to play online.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Start playing online, while the others wait 43 more days until the character support threads meet their end and the Japanese release of Smash 3DS.
That McLeodGaming Network thing takes a while to load, though, so I dunno how will the other players make an account in order to play online.
I can't sign up yet. The website is still down for me

D

Deleted member

So, with that said.
...What should we do?
Play a match online, win, return to the offline lobby, try and host a game that craps out whenever you go to the waiting room, then try and connect to online again, where the game tells you that "You are signed in on another system."

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Gasoline powers a car...
Gasoline comes from fossil fuels...

Dinosaurs come from fossil fuels...

DINOSAURS POWER CARS?!

Last edited:

Soul.

For some odd reason, Smash Flash 2 doesn't seem to load for me.
It takes a while for it to load because it's a flash game. That's why the loading times are like Brawl..wait, the game looks like Brawl.

I can't sign up yet. The website is still down for me
Yeah, I know. I just went to that register thing and it didn't load.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I got my account in ahead of time, and honestly I'll just say you ain't missin' much.
I'm still trying to log back into Online.

Soul.

So, time for a serious question.
Is Smash 3DS really inferior. Like, will it not be able to be played at tournaments because of a "small" screen and controls?

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Reading more and more rumours about Smash Wii U coming out on November 21st.
Seriously, just announce a release date already so I can book that whole week off of work.

D

Deleted member

Seriously, just announce a release date already so I can book that whole week off of work.
Isn't that the same day Pokémon OR / AS come out?

Lozjam

Smash Champion
So, time for a serious question.
Is Smash 3DS really inferior. Like, will it not be able to be played at tournaments because of a "small" screen and controls?
I think all big tournaments like Apex and Evo, it will be the Wii U version. 3DS capture cards are very expensive, and people will not be able to play on their 3DS's

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I wouldn't call the 3DS version inferior per se. But it is clear-cut which one will get the bigger spotlight due to popularity.
Then again, I never cared much about going to tournaments anyway.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Hey,you have atleast 2 months before you book anything.

Where do you work at anyways?

Soul.

Isn't that the same day Pokémon OR / AS come out?
By then, Black Friday is already happening with the reduced prices and more people get the Hoenn remakes because "HURR DURR HOENN CONFIRMED!!".
Days later, OR / AS sells more than Smash Wii U, therefore saving the Wii U a bit.

I think all big tournaments like Apex and Evo, it will be the Wii U version. 3DS capture cards are very expensive, and people will not be able to play on their 3DS's
Yes, that I can understand, but we should all give the 3DS version a chance. If the 3DS tournament at Comic-Con proved anything, it's just that the 3DS version can be played competitively too. lel

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Am I the only one here who doesn't like how Marvel characters are in Disney Infinity? The superheroes should have their own game, I don't care if Disney bought them. They're not bad, but when I think of Disney, I think Mickey Mouse and Peter Pan and stuff like that. It's about as stupid as putting Star Wars characters in the game.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So, today I learned that there's a game called Cadillacs and Dinosaurs. Just the concept alone seems like a parody.

EDIT: It has a TV series too.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I assume you've gotten an activation e-mail, then?

I'm still waiting on mine.
Yup. And it's fun too. Constantly tyring to log in in the vain attempt that it might work, then hoping to God that your match goes swimmingly, and that's implying it starts.
It's reminiscent of Simcity in a way.

Aduross

Smash Apprentice
Some people are actively working at setting up a tournament scene for the 3DS version. Since 3DS capture cards are expensive and difficult to acquire, I imagine there probably won't be too many streamed tourneys. I wouldn't be surprised if 3DS side events become common place at Smash Tourneys though.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Canada is a land of myth.

Ray Man, along with Ridley, Mewtwo, and Valkyrie (from Valkyrie no Densetsu) are exclusive to the Canadian version.
And that folks, is why Canada is killing us these days. -~-

Damn you people from Canadialand with your "ehs" and your fake bacon and your tendency to be half French of all things. French! D<

Heathens. ¦(

D

Deleted member

Oh boy, I just got into a match in SSF2 Online...

Both me and my opponent were default Ichigo. I go into the match, all my actions cancel as soon as they are initiated, while my opponent can just run around spamming Getsuga Tenshōs all around the stage. I have a video, but the thing is taking forever to upload.

Not sure if it's a bug with both players picking the same character and color, or if someone's already hacked the game.

D

Deleted member

Am I the only one here who doesn't like how Marvel characters are in Disney Infinity? The superheroes should have their own game, I don't care if Disney bought them. They're not bad, but when I think of Disney, I think Mickey Mouse and Peter Pan and stuff like that. It's about as stupid as putting Star Wars characters in the game.
Yeah, it kind of feels very weird to have Marvel and Lucasfilm characters in Disney-related stuff. But since it's Disney, it has to do with this: $$$$$ :troll:

Talking about Disney, did ABC (the network) go downhill?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Oh boy, I just got into a match in SSF2 Online...

Both me and my opponent were default Ichigo. I go into the match, all my actions cancel as soon as they are initiated, while my opponent can just run around spamming Getsuga Tenshōs all around the stage. I have a video, but the thing is taking forever to upload.

Not sure if it's a bug with both players picking the same character and color, or if someone's already hacked the game.
Holy crap you played an actual match?!
Tell me your secrets!

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I once saw a section dedicated to leaks and rumors, like how we have a separate page for Wii U. Anyone know where that is?

Soul.

I once saw a section dedicated to leaks and rumors, like how we have a separate page for Wii U. Anyone know where that is?
There's a group about leaks, which will obviously be closed when someone leaks the final roster and puts it on SmashBoards.
I think the site doesn't allow leak threads because of the "Rumors and Leaks" thing that caused many debates, off-topicness, thread derailing and stuff.

D

Deleted member

Here's that video: (I'm player 2)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom