• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

My God, Falcon is just so detailed....
His render makes me think of the guy that played him on There Will Be Brawl...

BugDoctor

Smash Apprentice
Man...what an interesting morning. This entire chain of events really cements the fact that Sakurai is the ultimate troll. Monolith employees retweeted the Smash announcement which led many to believe Shulk was going to be announced. THEN this morning we get a picture of a RAYMAN trophy completely out of left field, which threw everyone for a loop. And THEN we get two Fire Emblem characters...neither of which are Chrom, who was the most expected and also the most prevalent new FE character in a multitude of leaks! Isn't that nuts?? WE CANNOT PREDICT THIS MAN.

Lucina seems similar to Marth...she has the Dancing Blade attack and a few other similarities, but I'm sure she'll play quite different. Robin seems great, and I'm very glad they've got a mage-type Fire Emblem character in the game! He'll be interesting to use and I can't wait to see more information on him (or her). It's nice to see Captain Falcon's return, looking more awesome than ever. Also, I still think Shulk is in the game and will eventually be revealed...just not today, apparently! :p

But...something that strikes me as interesting is the high number of Fire Emblem characters. We now have four of them, which is pretty crazy. Sure, Awakening really brought the series into the mainstream eye in North America, but that's still largely unexpected. I believe this means a lot for the game as a whole. If Fire Emblem has this many new additions, what does that mean for the other series reps? Here's what I'm thinking currently:

- Ness and Lucas with both return. If Fire Emblem has 4 characters, I believe we will still retain 2 from the Mother series

- We're probably getting newcomers for the Donkey Kong and Metroid franchises. With Mario at 5 (6 I guess if you count Yoshi), Zelda at 5 (they're not cutting Ganondorf, let's be serious), Pokemon at 4 (presumably 5 if we get Jiggs back) and FE at 4 characters, I believe DK and Metroid are both getting a character each. Having them stuck at 2 reps at this point would be crazy. For DK, that could mean Dixie or K. Rool. I'd hope for the latter, personally, and with the presence of Kremlings in Smash Run I can definitely see that happening. For Metroid, it would have to be Ridley...particularly with all the horrid teasing going on about him being in the game.

- Star Fox will retain 3 characters; Wolf won't be cut. He's different enough from Fox and Falco that he'll remain on the roster.

That's what I think anyway, but as I mentioned...I don't think Sakurai can be predicted at all, haha. Who knows what'll happen, but I'm certain we'll get some significant information in August.

D

Deleted member

He settles things like men.
On the racetrack or with a Falcon PAWNCH to the face.

He only uses the gun when he's out bounty hunting.

How do you figure?
Newcomer clones would be a thing, Toon Zelda was planned for Brawl, Toon Link's still around to make a Toon Zelda fitting, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
So I was checking the Smash website on my iPhone. It's weird, on my computer Lucina does not have the long newcomer box, just the newcomer thing on her page, but on my iPhone she DOES have a rectangle box.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
So I was checking the Smash website on my iPhone. It's weird, on my computer Lucina does not have the long newcomer box, just the newcomer thing on her page, but on my iPhone she DOES have a rectangle box.
It's the same for everyone, on the mobile sites the newcomers are grouped together, but on the PC site they're organized by reveal date, but still have to fit into a rectangle, which, considering that Lucina and Robin share their artwork, is why Lucina has a small square on the PC site.

D

Deleted member

Why are you getting your panties in a twist over Lucina existing?
Don't be a smartass. All I'm doing here is making a point in that Newcomer clones are a thing if Lucina is in fact her own character. In which case, Toon Zelda is next in line.

It may be a hard concept to grasp, but I don't actually have a problem with Lucina.
It's that people are jumping to illogical assumptions about her and berate me for having a different perspective based on the information we have.

Hong

The Strongest
Why are you getting your panties in a twist over Lucina existing?
Don't be a smartass.
You're both going to have to stop with this now.

Two wrongs don't make a right. Just results in a loss of face for both parties. Keep the discussion going, please, but there is undoubtedly deliberate attempts to insinuate a negative response. I love both of you so, as a user before a mod, let's keep this sunshine and rainbows.

Thanks. ^~^

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
@ Kenith Kenith @GoldenYuiitusin Might as well calm down before things devolve unnecessarily.

@ Kenith Kenith Golden wasn't implying he was dissatisfied with Lucina, so try to avoid assumptions before making witty one-liners.

Edit: Hong, why are you :4greninja:'ing me on the mod duties?! :p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I always thought the trophy quiz thing was just an elaborate straw grasp for Ridley supporters. A new Fire Emblem character and Palutena were pretty safe and obvious guesses, and a Zelda newcomer also isn't entirely out of the question, though not as obvious as the other two. Not to mention the trophy quiz happened during the direct that also featured that shadow.

D

Deleted member

But three rights make a left! You can't ague with logic like THAT! >=D
And now it's time for the show!
LA CUCARACHA LA CUCARACHA! ENCHILADA BLAH BLAH BLAH!
LA CUCARACHA LA CUCARACHA! AND A BURRITO BLAH BLAH BLA-*is hosed*

Hong

The Strongest
I can get flamed for days by Golden but the moment I say anything back I am ganged up upon. Seems fair.
Look mate, the report button is there for a reason.

There is no need to be a silent victim. We try to keep SmashBoards as a safe and comfortable place for everyone to talk about one of the best series in the world, as well as get to know like-minded people better.

That said, I wouldn't be so bold. Just because there isn't a public response, that does not mean there hasn't been moderation. :)

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Thought I would be able to view the video live but my job decided suddenly decided to shove 5 more hours in my face. :glare:

Anyway, very interesting video. So it looks like Sal Romano is in boiling hot water now? (I'd still like to see Shulk though).

Is it weird that I think the Rayman trophy was much more interesting than the live trailer?

Toologist

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Toologist
3DS FC
0963-1281-8162
So apparently Sal Romano is doing damage control on 4chan, saying that his leaker may have confused Robin for Shulk.

Can anyone confirm if it's indeed him or not? Considering it's 4chan, I find it unlikely that it's him, but you never know.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

There is no need to be a silent victim. We try to keep SmashBoards as a safe and comfortable place for everyone to talk about one of the best series in the world, as well as get to know like-minded people better.

That said, I wouldn't be so bold. Just because there isn't a public response, that does not mean there hasn't been moderation. :)
Well, I'm sorry if interpreted what I said as flame baiting, I actually didn't mean anything by it.
And it legitimately hard to notice the Report button even if I did decide to use it.

D

Deleted member

Pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft. There is no way you could mistake Robin for Shulk. Especially if you also insist Chrom is playable. That would make you twice as wrong. It's 4chan. I highly doubt it's the real Buzz Lightyear Sal Romano.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft. There is no way you could mistake Robin for Shulk. Especially if you also insist Chrom is playable. That would make you twice as wrong. It's 4chan. I highly doubt it's the real Buzz Lightyear Sal Romano.
Can I hope so anyway just because the prospect of him being all like "No, wait I can explain!!" fills me with a smug happiness.

Last edited:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Maybe it's just me, but I guess I don't drive much enjoyment out of the failings of others.

D

Deleted member

Can I hope so anyway just because the prospect of him being all like "No, wait I can explain" fills me with a smug happiness.
The issue here is you're framing the wrong guy. Sal Romano is not the leaker. He was being tipped off by some anonymous person.
The victims today are Chrom, and Sal Romano.

Morbi

Scavenger

I have tried to use it before but (a) biased moderator(s) did not rescue me! You know who you are.

Edit- I was not insinuating that it was you, Hong. Just to clarify. It is someone that does not like me. Haha.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Well, I'm sorry if interpreted what I said as flame baiting, I actually didn't mean anything by it.
Well in any event, I think it was fair that I didn't really moderate it in the sense of duty, no? :) As a user, I just want everyone to play nice. Things like the report button at times just make it easier for me to know where to do so.
Edit-
I have tried to use it before but (a) biased moderator(s) did not rescue me! You know who you are.

Edit- I was not insinuating that it was you, Hong. Just to clarify. It is someone that does not like me. Haha.
I know you are not talking about me, but you as a user will never have any idea as how much a report may or may not have been discussed, and you are just as likely to not necessarily know what actions have been carried out.

keep that in mind. :)

Last edited:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Well, today's already been a huge hype day. We got the best possible Fire Emblem characters, one of my top 3 most wanted characters (Lucina), a magic using Fire Emblem character, Captain Falcon, Sakurai making fun of Falcon, death of Gematsu and Chrom, and 3rd party trophies. This is even more hype than when Smash 4 was first shown, or at least for me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom