• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Well, today's already been a huge hype day. We got the best possible Fire Emblem characters, one of my top 3 most wanted characters (Lucina), a magic using Fire Emblem character, Captain Falcon, Sakurai making fun of Falcon, death of Gematsu and Chrom, and 3rd party trophies. This is even more hype than when Smash 4 was first shown, or at least for me.
Yup, today sure made it into a lot of Fire Emblem History textbooks

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I agree with this sentiment, has he ever provided proof that there was indeed a "source"?
Now that you mention it...

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!

Last edited by a moderator:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Well in any event, I think it was fair that I didn't really moderate it in the sense of duty, no? :) As a user, I just want everyone to play nice. Things like the report button at times just make it easier for me to know where to do so.
There's another button I could click that would yield similar results but is much less of a hassle for everyone.
I clicked that instead. :)

D

Deleted member

CAW Evolution claims to have received verification that Sal had a source.

If anything, you should pester him about what that verification was.

Morbi

Scavenger
Well in any event, I think it was fair that I didn't really moderate it in the sense of duty, no? :) As a user, I just want everyone to play nice. Things like the report button at times just make it easier for me to know where to do so.
Edit-
I know you are not talking about me, but you as a user will never have any idea as how much a report may or may not have been discussed, and you are just as likely to not necessarily know what actions have been carried out.

keep that in mind. :)
Bu- but... I wanted his post to have the word "warning" above it! :4robinf:

Well, today's already been a huge hype day. We got the best possible Fire Emblem characters, one of my top 3 most wanted characters (Lucina), a magic using Fire Emblem character, Captain Falcon, Sakurai making fun of Falcon, death of Gematsu and Chrom, and 3rd party trophies. This is even more hype than when Smash 4 was first shown, or at least for me.
I never thought that I would get two of my most wanted characters in the same day. ESPECIALLY, considering that they were both from a niche series.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I actually decided to finally start Xenoblade Chronicles a couple days ago as I was "certain" that Shulk would be revealed today.

Despite no Shulk, I regret nothing. This game is ****ing amazing!

Hong

The Strongest
There's another button I could click that would yield similar results but is much less of a hassle for everyone.
I clicked that instead. :)
Serving the forum is never a hassle for me. :)

Except deliberate attackers like the guy who spammed that "FOR THE PEOPLE / FOR FREEDOM" picture everywhere over 30 times. That was a pain to clean up.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Oh snap, I blink for a second and my name has FINALLY been switched! D:

Thanks again, Based @Warchamp7 ! <3

Now I can FINALLY change from purple to red. ¦D

D

Deleted member

Actually, the theory that the Gematsu tipper is Sakurai makes perfect sense now. He threw Chrom in there knowing he wasn't playable to tell everyone not to blindly swallow things as the truth. He also told the Monolith guy to retweet and then tells Sal about Shulk being revealed to trick us all in order to magnify the hype for his false leak being fake and Robin's reveal. It all makes since. Sakurai just got bored of pretending and decided to debunk his own fake leak.

Finally. I think we have figured out the truth behind this thing.

I actually decided to finally start Xenoblade Chronicles a couple days ago as I was "certain" that Shulk would be revealed today.

Despite no Shulk, I regret nothing. This game is ****ing amazing!
Lol. Even if Shulk isn't playable, I will never regret buying Xenoblade.

D

Deleted member

Pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft. There is no way you could mistake Robin for Shulk. Especially if you also insist Chrom is playable. That would make you twice as wrong. It's 4chan. I highly doubt it's the real Buzz Lightyear Sal Romano.

I dunno.....

It just wouldn't let me upload an avatar. I just uploaded it to Gravitar and did it that way.
Ah.

D

Deleted member

So Shulk recolor for Robin confirmed? But either way, assuming he thought Robin was Shulk, that makes him double wrong. In addition, it really makes me wonder where we are supposed to assume this guy is getting his information anyway. If it was a text list or something, then it's impossible. If he was looking at models, then it would sort of explain it save for maybe the color difference.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Here's our character select screen as of today. Look at all that delicious free space for more characters. Mmmm.

D

Deleted member

They also used the wrong picture of Shulk.

Is the correct one. In all seriousness the similarities are made far more obvious using that artwork vs artwork where Shulk has the Monado

mimgrim

Smash Hero
A 3rd of the announced character have a blue background.

Almost a 3rd of the announced characters have a green background.

I guess Sakurai's fave color is blue and his second fave color is green.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
It worked just fine. I didn't want shulk revealed today.

As soon as Roy is in the game than that will be enough.
I'm glad you were a good sport about that.

Man, I don't even care who the rest of the roster is. Anything is just icing on the cake. I hope the next reveal trailer can top this one.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
A 3rd of the announced character have a blue background.

Almost a 3rd of the announced characters have a green background.

I guess Sakurai's fave color is blue and his second fave color is green.
Blue and green are the best afterall
/nobiashere.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

"Blue are green"

what?

"Best after"

After what exactly?

Do you even engrish.
Captain: What happen ?
Mechanic: Somebody set up us the bomb.
Operator: We get signal.
Captain: What !
Operator: Main screen turn on.
Captain: It’s you !!
CATS: How are you gentlemen !!
CATS: All your base are belong to us.
CATS: You are on the way to destruction.
Captain: What you say !!
CATS: You have no chance to survive make your time.
CATS: Ha ha ha ha …
Operator: Captain !!
Captain: Take off every ‘ZIG’!!
Captain: You know what you doing.
Captain: Move ‘ZIG’.
Captain: For great justice.

D

Deleted member

Sakurai could always give Peach a Fire Peach alt for t3h ph1r3.
Doesn't compare to pH1r3 3mBL3m pH1r3.

For that, we need Roy. We may like Ike, but he's not our boy, and he doesn't have t3h ph1r3.

Why won't Ness come back already? We desperately need him at this point
There are a ton of possible dates coming up. Shush. No, he's obviously in the Shulk trailer

YoshiSonic

Smash Ace
We should make a deconfirmed meme guys.

Anytime someone gets deconfirmed we use based Chrom gif or put the face of the character on him. With or without the "another day quote"

No? Well screw that, I'll do it for amusement.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me

Anytime someone gets deconfirmed we use based Chrom gif or put the face of the character on him. With or without the "another day quote"

We could use a pic editor thing and edit "DECONFIRMED" into a copy of Mic-128's avatar

D

Deleted member

Just be patient, he's not going anywhere.
That Lucas, though...

...yeah, he's not going anywhere either.
If Lucina is a separate character, Lucas is back, and there is no excuse not to have him.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Lucina is just going to be a swap. An easy add. No big deal. Marth and Lucina share the same moves thats all.

Gematsu isn't dead.

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Didn't Sakurai already say something about not wanting two different characters be an alt of another? Thus, Lucina isn't a swap.
You're thinking of Project M.

What Sakurai did say is that he doesn't want clones. A different character with the same moves with absolutely no alterations isn't a clone in my book. If they were extremely similar with tiny differences than that would be a clone to me. If Lucina takes a spot on the roster than its not a big deal but everyone is going to think its Lucina's fault that Ridley or some other character isn't in the game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom