• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
This thunderstorm is causing my power to go on and off. Now how will I be able to listen to more of the JoJo OST now? :4dk:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Looking through my replays, I found one from FG. I didn't remember it at first until I got to the trolltastic ending.

Ness, played by some Japanese dude, is trying to recover while I, playing as Pacman, kick a fire hydrant at him hoping it'd hit him. Instead it hit his PK Thunder and made him drop to his death.

:4pacman:

桜井 政博

Banned via Warnings
NNID
SakuraiMasahiroA
I honestly don't know why people love Jojo bizarre adventures. It does has awesome music like this:
But the anime itself, is just uninteresting as Kill la Kill, SAO, and Panty and Stocking.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Looking through my replays, I found one from FG. I didn't remember it at first until I got to the trolltastic ending.

Ness, played by some Japanese dude, is trying to recover while I, playing as Pacman, kick a fire hydrant at him hoping it'd hit him. Instead it hit his PK Thunder and made him drop to his death.

:4pacman:
I remember one match where I was playing as Dr. Mario, and I fell far enough below the stage to where it was clear I would never make it back up. I still tried to recover anyway, and used a Doc Tornado to gain height. My opponent, a Meta Knight player, taunted, and then came down to deliver a meteor smash just to be a jerk, but he was too quick. He got caught up in my tornado, and as the tornado finished, I saw a bright red spark come out of his body.
He died, and I won the match.
He left after that.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
You'll get so mad that you'll loop back around to pure, insane happiness.
That's called underflow in computers :)

1 byte = 1 to 256 if the number is an integer.

So, 1 - 1 doesn;t equal 0.

It loops back to 256.

There's a reasons the missigno glitch has your sixth item timed by 256, it just happen that meeting him in the wild would turn a flag on, but because the location of the memory are messed up, it just happens to be the second byte of the quantity of your sixth item.

01 00 = 256.

The quantity is 2 bytes and the second one turning to a 1 is basically like adding 256.

I love computer logic :)

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
I remember one match where I was playing as Dr. Mario, and I fell far enough below the stage to where it was clear I would never make it back up. I still tried to recover anyway, and used a Doc Tornado to gain height. My opponent, a Meta Knight player, taunted, and then came down to deliver a meteor smash just to be a jerk, but he was too quick. He got caught up in my tornado, and as the tornado finished, I saw a bright red spark come out of his body.
He died, and I won the match.
He left after that.
Meta Knight did not even have an official Metro Smash... Not to mention it could only be used on the stage.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Meta Knight did not even have an official Metro Smash... Not to mention it could only be used on the stage.
Not sure if he knew that.
I didn't know it, cuz' Meta Knight is so uncommon in Smash 4 period, that I know next to nothing about him.
Still though, it ended up being his undoing, and it was hilarious.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584

It loops back to 256.

There's a reasons the missigno glitch has your sixth item timed by 256, it just happen that meeting him in the wild would turn a flag on, but because the location of the memory are messed up, it just happens to be the second byte of the quantity of your sixth item.

01 00 = 256.

The quantity is 2 bytes and the second one turning to a 1 is basically like adding 256.

Holy crap, aldelaro just posted something esoteric that I actually knew about beforehand.
Today is a good day.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Holy crap, aldelaro just posted something esoteric that I actually knew about beforehand.
Today is a good day.
Is it really surprising?

I'm just interested in programming. I'm actually studying computer science in college and I will end the first year of my technique in about a month.

Wait I never told this to you or anyone?

That's why I just enjoy glitches...there's a reason why i spent 6 months on TTYD glitch hunt :)

Iceweasel

Smash Ace

It loops back to 256.

01 00 = 256.

Only if we're talking about unsigned bytes. If we're using signed bytes, you can have -1, you only encounter problems when trying to subtract 1 from -128 (which would cause it to loop back around to 127)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
This is just a friendly reminder that evading a ban through use of an alt account is not taken lightly by the staff.

MainJPW

M.T.A
It's beautiful out right now, the horizon's a nice pinkish color, the sky is a nice lapis color with a crescent moon and some stars.

I should become a photographer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom