• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Why I would want Voice Chat on Splatoon?
I dont want a random kids saying: "Hey *** I nonscoped u with mah squid, git gud"
I hear this argument a lot....does everyone always encounter obnoxious kids every single time in an online game? No pleasant online experiences whatsoever?
But even then, there's still the potential option of voice chat with friends at the very least which they could've gone with, which shouldn't be a problem.

Last edited:

The-Power-Within

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterSword06
3DS FC
0447-7094-2346
I'd be okay with Friends Only Voice Chat in Splatoon once that mode comes out. But with random people?

"MOM GET THE CAMERA" when I get "killed".

...Yeah, I'd rather not.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
So Splatoon has an 81/100 on Metacritic currently. Not the best. But as of right now, I don't think it's worth 60 freaking dollars.

I mean let's look at the facts here:
  • $60 full retail NA release
  • Splatoon only has 3 modes, with a pretty barebones local multiplayer
  • Very short single player campaign, around 5-6 hours
  • One online mode at luanch
  • 5 multiplayer maps, and only 2 available at any given time due to map rotation
  • Pretty limited weapon selection
  • Amiibo locked content (Day 1 DLC)
  • No Voice Chat
  • No Matchmaking with friends until August.
  • No single player Pro Controller implementation
So yeah, it's not worth ****ing 60 bucks. Ofcourse braindead Nintendo fanboys will buy it, but I'm waiting until August to even consider buying it, or a price drop. If this were any other non-Nintendo game, Nintendo fanboys would be tearing it down in no time. But, no, because it's Nintendo and it's impossible for them to do anything wrong, this game is the pinnacle of the shooter genre. amirite?
You what cost $50 -60 and don't have online play, Amiibo lock content, and no voice chat... Mario party 10 but I don't see anyone complaining about that game the same go for Fire emblem If for spitting their game in two. I have you played Mario party by yourself? It's ****ing boring and it a crime that this game get away for not having at least online play. that game is not worth $60,$50, or $40 for that. You complaining about this now? This should have been talk about in gen 7 and when super mario 3d world came out and tropical freeze. It's easy to complain about a new IP but I don't see anybody complaining about Nintendo old IP's for doing the same thing. You have no right to talk down to anyone for buying this game if you supported any of Nintendo other bull****.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
You what cost $50 -60 and don't have online play, Amiibo lock content, and no voice chat... Mario party 10 but I don't see anyone complaining about that game the same go for Fire emblem If for spitting their game in two. I have you played Mario party by yourself? It's ****ing boring and it a crime that this game get away for not having at least online play. that game is not worth $60,$50, or $40 for that. You complaining about this now? This should have been talk about in gen 7 and when super mario 3d world came out and tropical freeze. It's easy to complain about a new IP but I don't see anybody complaining about Nintendo old IP's for doing the same thing. You have no right to talk down to anyone for buying this game if you supported any of Nintendo other bull****.
Yes, EXACTLY. I am complaining about Nintendo's practices these days. And they are LEGITIMATE complaints, even what they are doing with their old IP.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
You know, I don't want voice chat in Splatoon.

Alternative? Use Skype and talk with people you actually WANT to talk to.

That's why people complaining about no voice chat (not saying you guys are) just baffles me. Why talk with people who are gonna act like ****s (minus the odd tolerable person) when you could just use Skype and only talk to people you like?

Then again, I know not everyone has access to it like I do, so that may just be how I feel about it.

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Well, this sucks a lot
http://www.gamnesia.com/news/someon...ply-of-splatoon-amiibo-from-a-uk-retail-chain

Looks like some **** wanted the Squid Grills all by itself

Again, pretty sure the monkey ninjas did this, while the hunt for the evil monkey ninjas continue, its time for Battle of the yellow characters, this time one lucky yellow character will get the humiliation of being executed by,

WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Rules
It can't be a character who's already playable, or has a good shot of being DLC in Smash Bros.
The character you pick is gonna be killed by Wario no matter what.:demon::laugh:
Finally HAVE A ROTTEN DAY WAHAHAHAHAH!:warioc:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Weeks ago I tripped and injured my right knee, and today I tripped again and landed hard on my left knee this time

Bad Luck SpongeBob

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
The game would be better without that ****** car.
The character animations were great, however! :4yoshi:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

Again, pretty sure the monkey ninjas did this, while the hunt for the evil monkey ninjas continue, its time for Battle of the yellow characters, this time one lucky yellow character will get the humiliation of being executed by,

Rules
It can't be a character who's already playable, or has a good shot of being DLC in Smash Bros.
The character you pick is gonna be killed by Wario no matter what.:demon::laugh:

So I got ninja'd?

Is not a surprise, I usually get :4greninja:'d like 5 times per week lmao

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
its time for Battle of the yellow characters, this time one lucky yellow character will get the humiliation of being executed by,

Rules

That Wario. Can even kill a samurai.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Discussion seems boring today. I don't feel like posting.

Rather, I will leave you all with the Spanglish Inside Out trailer that shows more of Bing Bong.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283

Rules
Smashboards smiley!
Not playable and wont be DLC as well!
:)

Last edited:

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Blame hudsonsoft for going dead for that

the original format of play was linked to them but I like the care but to each his own
All I want is free walking around the boards. The car seems like a lazy way to avoid having to design a full board instead of a straight line.
You may as well play Monopoly with Nintendo amiibos instead.

Last edited:

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Alright, while Splatoon does admittedly have it's fair share of problems in terms of features and content and whatnot, which hopefully will be resolved in a sequel(or DLC, but imo that's stretching it...), there's still a damn good reason it's sitting at 81 right now. It's just generally because the game is innovative and well, fun, because at the end of the day, it's core gameplay design is still spectacular, with or without voice chat, and that's what saves the game. You can check a cross on a whole list of things Splatoon doesn't have, but it has the one thing a game needs most: Superb game design. A game can have a whole lot of content, but if it plays like ****, it's bad and all that content has gone to waste. But if you're game misses out on content, while still playing amazing, it's still gold, yes possibly a smaller amount of gold than you'd hope for, but it's indefinitely better than a large pile of ****.

To me, I think a game is worth it if I enjoy it. Which can be caused by any amount of factors. If it's caused by more content to you, then fine. But can good gameplay alone satisfy $60 for a game? Well heck, you have reviewers who seem to feel that way, and the preorders for Splatoon are pretty decent so far, and it's safe to assume some of these were fans like you and me who've played the Testfire demos and feel the game is worth it after that. Seems a bit harsh and downright false to accuse them all of being "braindead fanboys", as if a game can't be fun when it doesn't have so and so amount of content. I mean, this very site even houses a Smash 64 competitive community which plays and heavily enjoys a 15 year old game that's been supposedly improved upon in various aspects(graphics, music, content, etc.). So is it any wonder that people can look past what Splatoon lacks in favor of what it does have? And that what it does have, outweighs what it doesn't to some people?

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Generally, I'm indifferent to sexism in gaming because of figures like Anita Sarkeesian and the GamerGate debacle but the article on the homepage is actually pretty good at addressing the issue.

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
I just noticed... :roypm:is not a Fire Emblem character... Roy, debuted in Smash, and Smash came out before any Fire Emblem game came out in the north... Not to mention Roy was not in any Fire Emblem game in Japan..:172:DLC confirmed.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
I just noticed... :roypm:is not a Fire Emblem character... Roy, debuted in Smash, and Smash came out before any Fire Emblem game came out in the north... Not to mention Roy was not in any Fire Emblem game in Japan..:172:DLC confirmed.
Isn't he a DLC in Awakening?

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Generally, I'm indifferent to sexism in gaming because of figures like Anita Sarkeesian and the GamerGate debacle but the article on the homepage is actually pretty good at addressing the issue.
Anita Sarkeesian is seriously stupid. AlphaOmegaSin, Mr. Repzion and TheAmazingAtheist already said all that I would say about her.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I may wait a few weeks before even a month to buy splatoon for the hype to die down at stores. I planned on downloading but I already spent the money on my account and I don't want to throw more money on there so soon

Last edited:

Soul.

Mario Party would have been in a better position if the games didn't have what they do now. Cars, please lol. The last good game was Mario Party DS. Don't get me started on Mario Party Advance...

Also, yeah Splatoon got good reviews. Nobody cares about reviews, though—it's just one person's opinion. Lol at voice chat complaints. The game is fine without it; some people don't use Skype. Better hope for mind communication.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Roy was added as publicity for an upcoming FE game in Japan, sorta like Wooly World's stage.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
That makes as much sense as saying that :4mario: is a :4dk: character.

Or :4darkpit: originated from Brawl.

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
Did you guys see all the dislikes the video about sexism has on YouTube? It amazes me. And I'm sad that comments had to be disabled for it.
Oh, YouTube. How you disappoint me so. :ohwell:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Did you guys see all the dislikes the video about sexism has on YouTube? It amazes me. And I'm sad that comments had to be disabled for it.
If you came to YouTube for rational comments, you're going to have a bad time.

The amount of closet Neo-Nazis, KKK members, and the general ****ed up community in general is cancerous.

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
Roy was added as publicity for an upcoming FE game in Japan, sorta like Wooly World's stage.
I know... My post is more of a joke....
If we are talking about Milktea... I appreciate her doing what she dose, but she can be a bit annoying. Kind of. The only problem I have had with her was in the Smash Doc. When people said "****" more often to tell others they got destroyed, Milktea said that it hurt girls to enter the gaming community. She implied that men don't get *****. Other than that I have no problem with her.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Its beacuse all those videos a crap

Tada, welcome to the world where my sex thinks we NEED to complain about anything that goes against us and what we want
Yeah, that is the only Fir emblem I would get because of that.
Also... any Smash news?
Oh hey you got your icon back
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
If we are talking about Milktea... I appreciate her doing what she dose, but she can be a bit annoying. Kind of. The only problem I have had with her was in the Smash Doc. When people said "****" more often to tell others they got destroyed, Milktea said that it hurt girls to enter the gaming community. She implied that men don't get *****. Other than that I have no problem with her.
You have to give her credit that she is on the more rational specturm of feminism. You know, the farthest distance away from Tumblrinas, SJWs, and Anita Sarkeesian.

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
If you came to YouTube for rational comments, you're going to have a bad time.

The amount of closet Neo-Nazis, KKK members, and the general ****ed up community in general is cancerous.
So true.

Its beacuse all those videos a crap

Tada, welcome to the world where my sex thinks we NEED to complain about anything that goes against us and what we want
Well yeah. If both genders were treated equally, I would wholeheartedly agree. But that's not the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom