• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Really?
I like DD's Announce the truth theme.
What's so meh about it?

Tell that to 90% of Yoshi players on both For Glory AND For Fun.
I rarely ever get to fight a Yoshi that doesn't Spam Up B.
1st part: The problem with it is that it only played around 5 to 6 times in the game. But the music is excellent and is used perfectly.
2nd part: For Glory players are garbage. Well, most of them. Of course a lot will be move spamming scrubs.
You SHOULD use Egg Toss whenever possible, but you should not spam it.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
You know, after seeing the front page with Milktea's "Sexism in Gaming", it got me thinking: How much sexism is there actually in this community (or gaming in general) and the rest are just bad trolls?

I know this sounds weird, but let me explain. I've seen some stories about gamer girls being harassed by guy gamers online, who say insulting things. But honestly, there's only two types of people that I think would be like this. First there's your 10-14 year olds who think "trolling" is the coolest thing ever. Then there's the grown people who actually act like this. I would go on as to why they may act like this, but the things I would say would be close to a warning or infraction. So I'll say this in the nicest way possible: These are the anti-social people who actually don't know how to interact normally and think that because they said a sexist joke, "sarcastically" it's funny and acceptable.

Other than that, can someone explain any incidents where a girl was truly harassed to the point of not interacting with any gamers in a social event or online? Because I don't think or remember an event as big as that ever happening. Hell, that's only sexism with the community. Then there's the supposed sexism in video games....thanks Anita and sjws for overreacting to anything slightly considered "sexist".

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
You know, after seeing the front page with Milktea's "Sexism in Gaming", it got me thinking: How much sexism is there actually in this community (or gaming in general) and the rest are just bad trolls?
I don't think there IS any, we just want everyone to be on our side of " Girls are oppressed" Bull****

Also why was that trash on the front page to begin with?

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
1st part: The problem with it is that it only played around 5 to 6 times in the game. But the music is excellent and is used perfectly.
2nd part: For Glory players are garbage. Well, most of them. Of course a lot will be move spamming scrubs.
You SHOULD use Egg Toss whenever possible, but you should not spam it.
I know, I'm just saying.
Matches against actual god Yoshi players can be pretty fun.
They just don't happen often.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
I hope Mario Kart 8 is at the nintendo world championship 2015

Corruption is legal EVERYWHERE
Brazils government for example
it isn't just America
FTFY
Whats even funny our president, Dilma, claims to be "actively fighting corruption", while she isn't doing **** to help the investigation of the "car wash scandal".
If you are uninformed, PT (Partido do Trabalhador, Workers Party in english) tookmillions (I think billions, even) of dollars from Petrobras (the main petrol harvesting company in Brazil) in order to fund their election campaign in 2010.
I know, I'm just saying.
Matches against actual god Yoshi players can be pretty fun.
They just don't happen often.
I can fight you this friday night (Brazil time) if you desire.

Last edited:

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
There are just a lot of assholes in the world. But they are an exception rather than the rule, an anomaly. The smallest dogs bark the loudest or something like that, it gives everyone a bad name.

The-Power-Within

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterSword06
3DS FC
0447-7094-2346
Tell that to 90% of Yoshi players on both For Glory AND For Fun.
I rarely ever get to fight a Yoshi that doesn't Spam Up B.
I haven't fought any Yoshis like this. Should I feel lucky? Never found any racists either. The closest I've gotten to a FG stereotype is someone named TR4Q when I used Ganondorf and they used Luigi. Srsly.

---

Also, sexism. Some SJW tried to say I was sexist because I said I thought it shouldn't matter who voice acts a character and she said that she hated that a guy voiced a female character in a video game. Bull.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Y'know, I can believe For Glory players picking a character with a reflect and start spamming it, but at a tournament? Wow. Just wow. Enjoy watching a Yoshi not using his speed to overwhelm a Robin and then pick Falco to start spamming lasers and Reflector only to get bodied by Robin as he slowly makes his way to punish. Nothing against the Yoshi player, but it's just you have the tools to overwhelm Robin and Egg Toss is just one out of 27? moves every character has during a match.
I don't even know what to say. If a Yoshi like that gotten that far, then either there's been some bad players, or this game is more noob-friendly than I thought. It was nice seeing the Robin put in work, though.
But really, Yoshi overall is annoying to fight thanks to his sheer buffs in this game, seeing this made me feel happier.

Last edited:

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
I haven't fought any Yoshis like this. Should I feel lucky? Never found any racists either. The closest I've gotten to a FG stereotype is someone named TR4Q when I used Ganondorf and they used Luigi. Srsly.
Considering most Yoshi FG players are Down B spamming noobs with the IQ of a nail, yes. Very.
(Should I want to know what "TR4Q" means?)

Last edited:

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
I don't think there IS any, we just want everyone to be on our side of " Girls are oppressed" Bull****

Also why was that trash on the front page to begin with?
Pretty much agree. Just because there were some losers who acted like girls were stupid, doesn't mean the entire community hates woman playing games. Why they have to take online posts seriously is already questionable. Just keep doing what you like. Don't let some le internet trolls make you hate the things you love doing. They also shouldn't act like they are special. You're a normal human being, there's no point in having to stand up to show your a girl playing something as small as video games.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Sexism is stupid, sexist people are stupid, and feminazis are stupid.
There.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045

I know this sounds weird, but let me explain. I've seen some stories about gamer girls being harassed by guy gamers online, who say insulting things. But honestly, there's only two types of people that I think would be like this. First there's your 10-14 year olds who think "trolling" is the coolest thing ever. Then there's the grown people who actually act like this. I would go on as to why they may act like this, but the things I would say would be close to a warning or infraction. So I'll say this in the nicest way possible: These are the anti-social people who actually don't know how to interact normally and think that because they said a sexist joke, "sarcastically" it's funny and acceptable.

Other than that, can someone explain any incidents where a girl was truly harassed to the point of not interacting with any gamers in a social event or online? Because I don't think or remember an event as big as that ever happening. Hell, that's only sexism with the community. Then there's the supposed sexism in video games....thanks Anita and sjws for overreacting to anything slightly considered "sexist".
I don't really think girls are really harassed much in gaming, yeah they're some cases but not as big as many make it out to be.Most Feminists just mark down any disagreement as harassment and then it gets blown way out proportion by the media. If anything thats getting harassed it's gamers as a whole.

Last edited:

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
So Splatoon has an 81/100 on Metacritic currently. Not the best. But as of right now, I don't think it's worth 60 freaking dollars.

I mean let's look at the facts here:
  • $60 full retail NA release
  • Splatoon only has 3 modes, with a pretty barebones local multiplayer
  • Very short single player campaign, around 5-6 hours
  • One online mode at luanch
  • 5 multiplayer maps, and only 2 available at any given time due to map rotation
  • Pretty limited weapon selection
  • Amiibo locked content (Day 1 DLC)
  • No Voice Chat
  • No Matchmaking with friends until August.
  • No single player Pro Controller implementation
So yeah, it's not worth ****ing 60 bucks. Ofcourse braindead Nintendo fanboys will buy it, but I'm waiting until August to even consider buying it, or a price drop. If this were any other non-Nintendo game, Nintendo fanboys would be tearing it down in no time. But, no, because it's Nintendo and it's impossible for them to do anything wrong, this game is the pinnacle of the shooter genre. amirite?

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
So Splatoon has an 81/100 on Metacritic currently. Not the best. But as of right now, I don't think it's worth 60 freaking dollars.

• 5 multiplayer maps, and only 2 available at any given time due to map rotation
  • No Voice Chat
So yeah, it's not worth ****ing 60 bucks. Ofcourse braindead Nintendo fanboys will buy it, but I'm waiting until August to even consider buying it, or a price drop. If this were any other non-Nintendo game, Nintendo fanboys would be tearing it down in no time. But, no, because it's Nintendo and it's impossible for them to do anything wrong, this game is the pinnacle of the shooter genre. amirite?
it is worth the 60 buck if you want the game, duh.
and "braindead Nintendo fanboys" Excuse me sir but these braindead Nintendo fanboys ligiet wan the game. That doesn't make them braindead Nintendo fanboys at all

It isnt worth the 60 because you don't see the reason why you should buy it but for others they have a reason

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
: I am pleased to announce : Paper Mario for Wii U.
*Everyone applause*
: ...developped by Miyamoto.
*Everyone stares at Iwata*
: ...Please understand.
The next Paper Mario game MUST have Wario and Waluigi.
Unfortunately I have bad news,

I suspect the evil monkey ninjas are responsible for this. Anyone know who could be leading them?

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
it s worth the 60 buck if you want the game, duh.
and "braindead Nintendo fanboys" Excuse me sir but these braindead Nintendo fanboys ligiet wan the game. That doesn't make them braindead Nintendo fanboys at all
I guarantee you that most of the Nintendo fanbase approves of Nintendo's decision of having no Voice chat, having amiibo locked content, having 3 modes at launch, etc. just because it's NINTENDO. Sure, the idea of Splatoon is cool, and the mechanics work. yet it's not been implemented into a cohesive package yet. If a third party developer developed Splatoon, the Nintendo fans would crap all over it.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I guarantee you that most of the Nintendo fanbase approves of Nintendo's decision of having no Voice chat, having amiibo locked content, having 3 modes at launch, etc. just because it's NINTENDO. Sure, the idea of Splatoon is cool, and the mechanics work. yet it's not been implemented into a cohesive package yet. If a third party developer developed Splatoon, the Nintendo fans would crap all over it.
I dont mind it having no voice chat. I wouldn't want another Call of duty on our hands

I suspect the evil monkey ninjas are responsible for this. Anyone know who could be leading them?
Not shocked, oh well

Last edited:

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
All I want is an RPG with Yoshi as a party member (Yoshi Kid from TTYD does not count).

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
I dont mind it having no voice chat. I wouldn't want another Call of duty on our hands

Not shocked, oh well
There we have it people. I JUST said that the Nintendo fanbase would approve of anything Nintendo does. So you're against even having the option of Voice chat? And what about everything else I listed besides Voice chat? You 100% support that and want to give Nintendo $60 dollars because you enjoy lacking options, enjoy having day 1 dlc amiibo content, and enjoy having an incomplete game at launch? If you do approve of all of this, then, sorry, but you're a braindead fanboy, bud.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
WIth peso getting rekt, every game looks overpriced for me lol

So, what I missed?

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Well... *counts on fingers* I know more gamer girls then guys. Most of 'em play Smash and Kart and stuff. One's a huge fan of Mortal Kombat, and another is really into serious racers. I don't really see much sexism or stereotyping in gaming nowadays...

Although, they all play Zelda, Animal Crossing, and... Ace Attorney. I think it's just good taste.:bee:

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion

I heard about this before. Kind of crazy that the entire lorry was stolen(or at least the whole contents). It's basically the thieving equivalent of mariotehplumber's Rosalina Amiibo craziness.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
There we have it people. I JUST said that the Nintendo fanbase would approve of anything Nintendo does. So you're against even having the option of Voice chat? And what about everything else I listed besides Voice chat? You 100% support that and want to give Nintendo $60 dollars because you enjoy lacking options, enjoy having day 1 dlc amiibo content, and enjoy having an incomplete game at launch? If you do approve of all of this, then, sorry, but you're a braindead fanboy, bud.
You are sounding so very ignorant..

Also I'm a girl, ass
Also also I'm not a Nintendo fangirl so don't assume I am
but its not the same
Ok hmm A yoshi RPG game where he himself has to save Yoshi Island (Baby mario not included)

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Why I would want Voice Chat on Splatoon?
I dont want a random kids saying: "Hey *** I nonscoped u with mah squid, git gud"

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Goddamn, there's even a full SS Yoshi sprite sheet made by PxlColbit which is fully compatible with combat.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
: I am pleased to announce : Paper Mario for Wii U.
*Everyone applause*
: ...developped by Miyamoto.
*Everyone stares at Iwata*
: ...Please understand.
....dude I honestly don't like this....

There's not much reasons to put the ENTIRE blame on him. One thing we know is that nintendo wasn't even aware of what fans really wanted, not jsut Myamoto.

How can we blame him if we don't exactly know why he shifted the project? What we know is that is just points to be a communication issue....I don't get why I would hate him for SS, there's no reasons to....

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I don't know what's worse... The fact that these people exist without lag, the fact that he actually won a few rounds to get that far into the tournament, or the fact that the average late-night Glory player would body him.
Nothing against the players and it was basically a friendlies tournament, but Links can get away with For Glory tactics offline. Exhibit A.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
FTFY
Whats even funny our president, Dilma, claims to be "actively fighting corruption", while she isn't doing **** to help the investigation of the "car wash scandal".
If you are uninformed, PT (Partido do Trabalhador, Workers Party in english) tookmillions (I think billions, even) of dollars from Petrobras (the main petrol harvesting company in Brazil) in order to fund their election campaign in 2010.

I can fight you this friday night (Brazil time) if you desire.
Maybe. I'm not sure if I'll be able to, but maybe.
(Also, I'm not the best Smash player, just so you know)

Considering most Yoshi FG players are Down B spamming noobs with the IQ of a nail, yes. Very.
(Should I want to know what "TR4Q" means?)
Tiers Are For Quagsire.
:195:
Look at that face.
That's the face of a tierererererer if I ever saw one. (Which I haven't)

---

Also, sexism. Some SJW tried to say I was sexist because I said I thought it shouldn't matter who voice acts a character and she said that she hated that a guy voiced a female character in a video game. Bull.
Worst I've ever gotten was some guy calling me a "Shulkhard" after killing him 8 times in a single match using nothing but Shulk's counter.

There are reasons that you don't spam Bowser's down B/FSmash.
Shulk is one of those reasons.
Those attacks are so predictable.

• No Voice Chat

Y'know, everytime I see you, you're almost always complaining about something.
Why cant you just let people who enjoy the game enjoy the game?
And there's no need for name calling or anything, I mean really now.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Why I would want Voice Chat on Splatoon?
I dont want a random kids saying: "Hey *** I nonscoped u with mah squid, git gud"
*Kid gets "killed"*
"YOU MOTHER******* ****** YOURE A ***** GO KILL YOURSELF"

I prefer lack of voice chat than annoying squeaker kids insulting my mother's sexuality.
Nothing against the players and it was basically a friendlies tournament, but Links can get away with For Glory tactics offline. Exhibit A.
i love Yoshi's FTilt expression.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom