• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Maaaaaaaybe. I can bet they were confused when the DSi launched. Or something.
The DSi is an upgraded version, it got a bit of new exclusive games, but then again so does the New 3DS and it's still considered an upgraded version instead of a separate console.

The 3DS is different system, and yet people still confuse it with it's predecessor. Many times that I've been playing outside with my 3DS people always tell me "you have a DS!" "nice DS" "oh, a DS"

Soul.

The DSi is an upgraded version, it got a bit of new exclusive games, but then again so does the New 3DS and it's still considered an upgraded version instead of a separate console.

The 3DS is different system, and yet people still confuse it with it's predecessor. Many times that I've been playing outside with my 3DS people always tell me "you have a DS!" "nice DS" "oh, a DS"
I get that, I was just implying they were confused about the DSi.
My best guess is that they aren't up to date with things, and that's why they call it a DS. Familiarity.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
My city hosted an International Walking Festival this past weekend. It's basically where people come from around the world and walk 5 - 40 km courses around the city and mountains. It's pretty fun time. I had to work on those 3 days so I'm had Thursday and today off. I'm spending my day off at the DMV sitting through a two hour lecture to get my license renewed. Blech.

Pictured ere is a famous Taiko group from a local high school. I'd say 30% of these students were my former students. They play every year at the festival. It was my last time to attend it so it was fairly emotional. This particular picture was when they invited the audience on stage to join.

Attachments

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Maybe that's because it's easier to say? I guess they could just say 3DS though.
Nah, it's familiarity, and with the console design still being very close to the DS...

I've seen even people that know they're called 3DS but think it's an upgrade of the DS like the DSi instead of a different console.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Yeah, and they can never really put the gamepad to real good use in most games so it just comes off as a useless concept.
I just wish I cuold use my Pro Controller for apps like Hulu, YouTube, and Netflix instead of being required to use the GamePad.

MainJPW

M.T.A
What if the NX is a totally portable home console? With the steps they've taken with the Wii U gamepad, I don't doubt they've thought about it.

D

Deleted member

I'd be very ****** if the NX comes out in the very next year. I literally just got a Wii U. It being a handheld console or not doesn't matter.

Soul.

What if the NX is a totally portable home console? With the steps they've taken with the Wii U gamepad, I don't doubt they've thought about it.
I thought most would like the idea of a console/handheld hybrid but lol that's not going to happen.

D

Deleted member

Well, of course people are going to confuse the two. The clamshell form factor is similar.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Meh, the Gamepad isn't struggling to me, maybe because my hands are a bit big. It's not heavy either. My only problem tends to be with the ZR and ZL buttons on the back.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh, look, MKBoards has a Windows 10 thread. Finally, something good found in the site.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
All I have left of school are three final exams, one exam that requires me to make a website from scratch, and turning in some late work. Riveting.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

Just for your enjoyments, they are really fast.

Although beware: they don;t consider spm being Paper Mario (which I hate this since I'm done with SS, it is as Paper Mario as pm64 and TTYD are). Their logic on release is weird and they don;t seem to be aware of the Iwata ask.

But they hate SS :)

I just question the point of talking of 22 minutes of nothing new.....

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Although beware: they don;t consider spm being Paper Mario (which I hate this since I'm done with SS, it is as Paper Mario as pm64 and TTYD are). Their logic on release is weird and they don;t seem to be aware of the Iwata ask.

It's gamexplain. Logic isn't always relevant.

R0Y

Smash Master
Debating playing through Tales of the Abyss 3DS again. Damn that game was good. I loved Vesperia on 360 too.

Last edited:

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
The only good part of GameXplain anymore is that TrailerDrake is part of it now. Other that that, I couldn't give a rats ass.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
The only good part of GameXplain anymore is that TrailerDrake is part of it now. Other that that, I couldn't give a rats ***.
look, they took 22 minutes to say "we'll love it, but even tough it can happen, it's not certain".

If they took that long to say it....

I don;t want to know how long they took to talk about the fake TTYD leak....

R0Y

Smash Master

Super Paper Mario was such an amazing game that even Andre likes it to some extent.

Sticker Star is awful and barely a game, despite sticking closer to the first two games in all accounts (except story and Peach.)

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Super Paper Mario was such an amazing game that even Andre likes it to some extent.

Sticker Star is awful and barely a game, despite sticking closer to the first two games in all accounts (except story and Peach.)
my problem is somepeople still consider spm not a paper mario game, it is as paper mario as the first 2.

SS isn't even close to first 2 and really I made it quite clear in my review that only a few stuff was kept. Spm in comparison kept everything essential, it just renewed the same thing and btw, if I thinki about it, the spm gameplay is quite genius.

R0Y

Smash Master
I think Intelligent Systems is stretched pretty thin even with SMT x FE being an Atlus responsibility primarily, so I bet this is One-Thousand-Eighty-Pixel Door, aka TTYD remastered.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I think Intelligent Systems is stretched pretty thin even with SMT x FE being an Atlus responsibility primarily, so I bet this is One-Thousand-Hundred-Pixel Door, aka TTYD remastered.
I got that it doesn;t matter because i got that they had different teams, awakening was apparently in dev when SS was in dev too.

Still even then, I would love it to happen. I really don';t care at this point of how they do it, I just want to do it: back to root.

PigglyJuff

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mr.Hugz
3DS FC
2793-1251-1909
We're talking about paper mario now, oh wait.

We do that all the time.

Huff and puff is a jerk

Last edited:

R0Y

Smash Master
Sticker Star is one of the most disappointing games I have ever played.

Soul.

GameXplain is boring no offense. I just check out their videos to see gameplay footage for no reason. Discussions are ehh..
Paper Mario on Wii U would be seeing Sticker Star in HD. Maybe I'm being gloomy.
I don't hate the game, nor do I think it's good, but I understand people's opinions regarding the thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom