• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I went to 1-on-1 For Glory mode. 8 battles, 8 losses. =/

At least, I did hold my own against my opponent, but damn. Should have used Ganondorf, but I opted to use Robin, Link and Dark Pit.

Warlock Punch with super armor is the best thing ever.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh, wait, nevermind.
D-i's still here
Misspelled the name when I searched for 'em. Three times.
Sorry about that @D-idara . :4drmario:
Just because a favorite character isn't in the game as playable, then the game is immediately bad? I don't know what to say.. but meh. :/

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
so... remember that part where I said I didn't like Shulk, and also wasn't good at him? Well, I've suddenly started to regularly beat lvl 9 CPUs with him, so maybe I'm not as awful at him as I thought I was.
Still awful as a player in general, but I think I've finally found a solid main for me

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
*my sister comes in kitchen looking for a drink and some bread rolls (There were none)*
*sees a pie I was going to have*
"This is my Pie."

"Well...THIS is my Pepsi then."'
*I grab Pepsi my sister didn't see*

*Sister starts heading back to her room with sadfaic*
"Wait."
"I'll trade you THIS PEPSI..."

*Sister's curiosity perks*
"For one round in Smash Run."
"NO."
*Sister goes back in room*

:c

Last edited:

MunchyMunch

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MushroomMuncher
You think that's bad? I remember in Classic mode on Brawl I was fighting a team of ROBs, and not one got to me because they all self destructed on crabs.

But don't we all self destruct on crabs?

kylexv

Smash Master
*my sister comes in kitchen looking for a drink and some bread rolls (There were none)*
*sees a pie I was going to have*
"This is my Pie."

"Well...THIS is my Pepsi then."'
*I grab Pepsi my sister didn't see*

*Sister starts heading back to her room with sadfaic*
"Wait."
"I'll trade you THIS PEPSI..."

*Sister's curiosity perks*
"For one round in Smash Run."
"NO."
*Sister goes back in room*

:c
At least I let my brother play a little bit.
And before release he's like "Stop talking about Smash I don't like that game"

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
So I played the Smash 3DS demo on my brother's machine (because I haven't sent mine in for repairs because I'm a silly person). Mega Man is really neat to play as once you get the hang of him. Favorite moment: Breaking Mario's shield with Mr. Saturn.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Oh hey, I actually won a for glory match for once.
Looks like Shulk, the person not 2 pages back I said wasn't fun and I didn't like him, is the guy for me. (Maybe I forgot to use his counter? :x )

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Oh hey, I actually won a for glory match for once.
Looks like Shulk, the person not 2 pages back I said wasn't fun and I didn't like him, is the guy for me. (Maybe I forgot to use his counter? :x )
If I remember correctly;
Every time you use his Counter, the timeframe in which the counter works gets more and more strict, but more and more powerful in exchange.
Or was that a Custom Move?
I dunno.
I don't even own the game. :p

Soul.

So has anybody gone through a few "negative critical comments" on Smash 4 3DS, and facepalmed over what they read?

I mean, sure, there's a couple of understandable nags I noticed myself that others mentioned, and then there's a thread like this.

http://smashboards.com/threads/the-game-is-mediocre.371220/#post-17711823

:facepalm: Opinions are opinions, but sometimes, they're hard to comprehend.
Meh. I don't know why people are being so harsh on the 3DS. It's like everything has to be on Wii U, well, no.. eh.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
If I remember correctly;
Every time you use his Counter, the timeframe in which the counter works gets more and more strict, but more and more powerful in exchange.
Or was that a Custom Move?
I dunno.
I don't even own the game. :p
That is the case, but the move is so good (it can counter projectiles, and friggin KO by punishing said projectile) that you really want to squeeze everything you can out of it anyway

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
That is the case, but the move is so good (it can counter projectiles, and friggin KO by punishing said projectile) that you really want to squeeze everything you can out of it anyway
Just activate Monado Sheild, spam counter on your own for a bit then deal a super-powerful Counter Punish later on in the match.

I AM INVENTING THE META FOR A GAME I DON'T EVEN OWN

Last edited:

supercopper64

Smash Ace
NNID
CaptainOfWar
3DS FC
1650-2938-3501
400th POST!!! YEAH!!! 私は生活の中で非常に成功しています!はい、私は皮肉されるのです!YAY!

I LOVE SMASHBOARDS
400 posts arn't that much though. 失敗する

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
400th POST!!! YEAH!!! 私は生活の中で非常に成功しています!はい、私は皮肉されるのです!YAY!

I LOVE SMASHBOARDS
400 posts arn't that much though. 失敗する
You got a long way to go, kid. :4drmario:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Well, apparently I played for 5 hours. Anyway, I decided to do a reverse order for Classic - I will revisit characters who are unlocked and appear in a section I will complete - probably Lucina, Dr. Mario, R.O.B., Bowser Jr. and maybe Ganondorf.

So, Mr. Game & Watch apparently breaks the Mario to DK flow for some reason. He's after Rosalina and before DK or someone. It's really weird since I only unlocked Falco, Dark Pit, Duck Hunt, Ness, and Mr. Game & Watch in that order.

So, Mii Fighters count as 3 trophies and they're okay to use. Not hard to figure out like Villager who I Game Overed twice - I just don't understand The Villager's play style. I should have unlocked Ness after Falco, but I suicided with the Mii Swordsman's "rolling slash" move. Ironically, I even found out that it would go far just yesterday when watching Ninja Link's videos on the Mii Fighters. Not my proudest moment in gaming...

Wii Fit Trainer is strange, but I think it's because my mind doesn't register yoga, exercise, and such as attacking moves and that muscle memory tells me to use the default controls when I switched to a DMC-based layout - B (and R) is Jump, L is Shield, Y is Special, X is Attack, and A is Grab since I didn't want Jump to be there. In DMC games starting with DMC2, X is Jump/Interact, Square is for Guns, Triangle is Attack, and Circle is Special or Evade in DMC2. It's kind of funny since DMC1's layout was X to Interact, Square for Guns, Triangle is Jump, and Circle is Attack. Maybe I'm thinking of both games then. Anyway, I digress. Wii Fit Trainer will just take some practice.

Mega Man's Shoryuken. There's nothing more satisfying than uppercutting your opponent into space. I even made sure to make the final hit on Master Hand be Shoryuken, the uppercut move for Mii Brawler, and Raptor Boost with Captain Falcon. Shoryuken's a good kill move, but I haven't found ways to use it for combo setups like an air combo or something. Otherwise, it's a satisfying finisher.

I like Dark Pit a lot compared to Pit. It's his voice - Antony Del Rio's portrayal of Dark Pit. I haven't used Pit, but it's safe to say I like their move sets, but I'd rather play as Dark Pit since he has a voice I'd rather listen to. Don't get me wrong, but Del Rio's performance for Pit was great in Uprising, but somehow he sounds higher pitched in SSB4.

Shulk's move set's cool, but slow like Ike's, but in a weird, "I have range" way. Ike has less range than him, but way more power and most of Ike moves are slow, but Shulk's slow moves are due to start up. That's what you get for keeping your sword sheathed like that, idiot.

I really like Ness in this game compared to past games. I never really used him, but I'd be fine using him every now and again in SSB4. He just seems more fluid in this game, but then again, most characters are more fluid in this game.

Sonic's still Sonic except he's stronger and less of a chipper and more of a killer. I really don't like that his voice is just ripped from Generations since it's inconsistent. One time, you'll hear him being all high-pitched and the next, his voice goes through major puberty, which also affects Fox where his grunts and some of his lines are okay, but the rest is high-pitched and just weird.

Olimar's feels easier to use here. I'm not confident with him, but I can manage. I just have one question: does Alph have his own trophy that you get from Classic mode?

That's all from Classic mode experience - I might have missed a character.

Messing around with characters, well, I went straight for Little Mac and I love his move set and play style. It's kind of difficult to control since I can't seem to angle his side smash without having to charge and be a sitting duck. His recovery and air game is absolutely horrible, but staying on ground is like playing like a boxer. You hit hard and fast while also being mobile, deceptive, and tricky. Side tilt being the ol' one-two is great and it's something boxers do to not only do damage, but to keep opponents at bay. And then there's Jolt Haymaker which can be that sudden move that closes the gap fast or a move that kills you as you sail away and tumble to your doom.

Luigi's still Luigi, Yoshi's fun, Toon Link and Link are fun, and Falco, Fox, and Zelda are going to take some getting used to since they're different now. Same with Sheik, but that's because half her specials are different. Greninja and Zero Suit Samus are really going to take some practice since they're so freaking fast. I know ZSS was fast, but she feels much faster in this game and Greninja's slippery. With Sonic, you know his speed and expect it, but not with ZSS and Greninja since one, ZSS changed severely and two, Greninja's new - I died so many times since I don't know how any of its moves work. Oh, and Samus I'll need to practice with since I rarely played as her.

Rosalina & Luma are really interesting. I know their play style, but applying it is something different.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Mega Man is as fun as he is in the demo. Which is really fun. It's so awesome to land the Charge Shot. I've tried the Tornado Hold and Ice Slasher. Tornado hold is good. All of his recovery options have a good purpose, so they could be interchaged based on one's playstyle. Doesn't recover as much as Rush does, but it deals damage. I think the best way to take advantage of the damage is it drop it on someones head. Still works decently for recovery. And there's a few set ups you can land. I like throwing out a Hard Knuckle after the Tornado Hold. Ice Slasher is OK. I tend to like standard projectiles. So I find it a bit easier to use than the Crash Bomb.

Luigi's Missile if ****ing awesome this time around. Seems like a better kill move than the Uppercut. Though Wario and Rosalina are giving me issues when I use him.

Pac-Man is pretty cool, but slow as hell for me. Still fun.

Kirby is seems a little heavier. The hammer is good, if you can land it.

Zelda seems way better. It's too fun to land Din's Fire. And her teleport is much better. Phantom is only OK though. I can't find a good use for it.

I need to try Mario, Samus, and Fox. But I've had too much fun with Mega Man.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
For now, it seems like I tend to gravitate towards Dr. Mario, Pac-Man and ROB. They just seem to work for me. Everyone else I either haven't tried yet, is okay but not my cup of tea, or I suck with.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Red Zelda looks really sick. I gonna try a few more matches with her and switch to Samus.

Andinus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyonyuudaisuki
As a Ness main since the beginning, I can honestly say that I haven't loved playing Ness this much since Smash 64.
I'm going to be using Ness far more than ever once again. He's already my second most used behind Pac-Man.
I never tried ness in 64 since I was introduced to smash by some friends with melee. But that is good to know, and by playing him even more now I think I will main him, at least till the wii u version comes out. I don't know why but I don't wanna really give the other characters a chance until then, I think the small screen size is bugging me a bit so learning the finer points of characters feels like a bit of a pain.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Say, how can I get hats easier? I need to give my Miis top hats. They're not complete without them.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Say, how can I get hats easier? I need to give my Miis top hats. They're not complete without them.
I dunno.
Just spam Classic Mode with a Mii Fighter and use the Home Menu trick to get as much Custom Stuff as Possible.
Equipment = Common
Moves = Occasional
Mii Clothes = Uncommon
Mii Hats = Rare
Moves usually cater to the character you're using, so if you use a Mii Fighter the chances of getting Custom Moves decreases, and the clothes/hat rates increase.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Dead thread is dead
Everybody is playing the game. That's why. Hell, I'm still playing right now. I'm trying to see how many characters I can get in one sitting. I haven't even touched classic mode yet. But I have Ness, Wario and Falco.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom