• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I found that people online like to use certain combos, some work mind you, OVER AND OVER

They may be good combos, but if you keep using them OVER AND OVER the opponent is going to figure out how to counter them

A link user was doing Boomerang - Arrow
Sonic main was doing spin dash - homing attack/ up B - Up aerial for a kill
Bowser Jr was using his mechakoopas in an interesting way. Kept spawning them over and over and then following them straight at the opponent

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
it won't it would be her be a cheap knock off i'm assuming you already made tingle lol
Pokemon Trainer is a cheap knockoff of Red and Ash. Bothers me none. I say if it decently represents the character, who cares.

I don't have a Tingle outfit, so... Waluigi I will make, though. Brawler is likely the choice.

D

Deleted member

For some reason whenever I play Pac-Man matches tend to drag on for about 4 minutes.
Same with Bowser Jr.

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
For some reason whenever I play Pac-Man matches tend to drag on for about 4 minutes.
Same with Bowser Jr.
Bowser Jr's tend to just run away and drop mini-kopalings or Koopa-karts at you rather than have a proper confrontation. It's rather frustrating.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
"You can run in one direction, and cancel your dash to do an F-tilt in the opposite direction."

I just learned about this

D

Deleted member

Bowser Jr's tend to just run away and drop mini-kopalings or Koopa-karts at you rather than have a proper confrontation. It's rather frustrating.
Honestly that's kinda how you play Bowser Jr.
Well not exactly like that, he's definitely a good zoner though.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Once again, the Sound Test has unused sounds and sounds missing from it.

One of Dark Pit's Final Smash one-liners is missing and there's an unused narrator call for "Special Smash".

Melee and Brawl also had this sort of thing going on. Really makes you question how they haven't gotten it right for the third time in a row.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I actually really like Bowser Jr's playstyle

Lemmy is staying as my second at the moment

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Little Mac Strategy:

Dash (a), Dash (a), Dash (a),- RAPEFEST- Counter, Chocolate Bar Break

You'll thank me later. :troll:

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm currently working on a way to counter little mac players

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

One of Dark Pit's Final Smash one-liners is missing and there's an unused narrator call for "Special Smash".

Melee and Brawl also had this sort of thing going on. Really makes you question how they haven't gotten it right for the third time in a row.
I thought 64 did as well.

That said, I don't mind. It feels like bonus data to me~

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Here's a tip: you are not safe directly above him. His (b)^'s altitude on the ground on an omega stage almost touches the top, and can kill at early percentages. That's one thing.
I noticed that

Also, don't run head first into little mac if he comes charging at you

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I have a Leo figure signed by the voice actor

Too bad the voice actor changes this next season

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I played some online against a friend yesterday afternoon. The best moment was the aerial snipe I got on him with Dark Pit's FS.

Andinus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyonyuudaisuki

I'm thinking you can unlock sounds for the sound test. I don't remember what I did but I got a notification about unlocking the rest of Kirby's voice clips in sound test or something..

Anyhow totally unrelated, does anyone else feel pk fire and pk thunder 2 are just ridonculous in this game, pk fire racks up the damage, and thunder 2, just wow, double ko'ing dudes at like 60%..(in team battle).
I'm so glad I'm having fun with Ness in this version.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Played on 1v1 For Glory. I racked up 6 victories in a row as Ganondorf. Definitely my best character so far.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I'm thinking you can unlock sounds for the sound test. I don't remember what I did but I got a notification about unlocking the rest of Kirby's voice clips in sound test or something..

Anyhow totally unrelated, does anyone else feel pk fire and pk thunder 2 are just ridonculous in this game, pk fire racks up the damage, and thunder 2, just wow, double ko'ing dudes at like 60%..(in team battle).
I'm so glad I'm having fun with Ness in this version.
Have you seen the PK Thunder 2 thing where you can do it again after hitting the stage. Its pretty freaking GDLK. Also Thunder 2 Double KOíng 60%? Damn :surprised:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Played on 1v1 For Glory. I racked up 6 victories in a row as Ganondorf. Definitely my best character so far.
I've yet to face a Ganondorf online. I've faced quite a variety of characters, though, which is nice to see.

Playing as Bowser Jr. and Sonic is a blast! :p

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I faced against a Sonic who beat me a couple times, but he had this gimmick of using the same combos of attacks over and over

I eventually learned that I could just shield to block his attacks and after that I beat him 3 times in a row

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I faced against a Sonic who beat me a couple times, but he had this gimmick of using the same combos of attacks over and over

I eventually learned that I could just shield to block his attacks and after that I beat him 3 times in a row
Why. Didn't You...

Phazon117

Smash Rookie
NNID
Phazon117
3DS FC
0275-8911-6156
I swear Puff's AI was beyond level 9. I knew the Pokemon League stage transformation, held me on the edge at the exact second the stairs were coming in, I died. I mean, what?!

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I swear Puff's AI was beyond level 9. I knew the Pokemon League stage transformation, held me on the edge at the exact second the stairs were coming in, I died. I mean, what?!
Did you forget? Jigglypuff is God Tier.

And God is all-knowing and all-seeing. :4jigglypuff:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
So 90% of this thread like 7 pages ago was talking **** about me, my avatar, celebrating people ganging up on me for no reason when I didn't have the opportunity to defend myself or Reply back? Classy...pretty classy...and Sakurai's not a selfish, self-important dictator for not adding Ridley, he's a self-important dictator for the following reasons:
- No Battlefield versions of stages because the Japanese play FD-Only.
- Basically throwing a hissy fit at Melee by nerfing Marth and Fox to hell.
- Not adding Ridley, Mewtwo, or K.Rool, characters that shouldn't even have to be debated.
- Keeping DK and Bowser's dumb animal voices rather than making them sound like themselves.
- Using 'too hard' as an excuse to not bring back Mewtwo.
- Trying to justify his Kid Icarus bias by saying that 'the models were easier to port'.
- Not giving DK and Metroid a new stage or newcomer, guess what those two franchises have in common? They're mainly developed by non-Japanese studios, racist much?
- Bringing back one of the most hated characters (No, I don't care about how much you love Mario Tornado, Dr. Mario sucks as a character, he doesn't have any personality or feel any memorable) and adding a worthless clone that doesn't even have an interesting personality or major visual differences (Dark Pit). The only justified clone was Lucina.
- Cutting the Ice Climbers because they weren't high-priority, but he sure does have the time to add two worthless clones that only enrage the fanbase.
- Cutting Lucas, Wolf, Ivysaur, Squirtle, Snake...those were amazing characters, and most of them weren't even clones of anyone.
- Bringing back stages nobody likes like Mushroomy Kingdom.
- The Yellow Devil ruining Wily's Castle.
- Lazy Final Smashes: Toon Link, Sheik, Peach, King Dedede, Lucina, Dark Pit...
- Smash Run not being online.
- Custom movesets being mostly non-canon dumb stuff and not being available online.
- The Wii U having the roster limited by the 3DS version as if Sakurai wants to please the 'No other games that interest me' crowd.

I'm sure I could remember a few more by playing the game for a few minutes...when you play the game and something sucks big time, you can picture Sakurai pushing that concept like there's no tomorrow, probably because he thinks 'It just makes more sense' like DK and Bowser's dumb, unfitting voices..

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Man Classic is taking forever. lol
Hell, I may have to buy a bigger 3DS version just to decently play. I wish the Control Pad actually has grips on it like the GameCube Controller does. The sweat from my hands makes it next to unusable sometimes. >_<

I went through Classic once. Not too bad, imo. I wish you had more time to choose which path(like, it not being timed at all). I don't like it when I can't take back a choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom