• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot
*Sigh* Am I the only one thinking that in the Early 2000's Cartoons (2000 - 2005) are way better than 2010's Cartoons? (Excluding all the Cartoons that are actually good. Excluding Adventure Time, Regular Show, TNMT, Steven Universe, and pretty all the Cartoon shows that are good. You'll get the point.)
I wasn't born in the "golden age" of cartoons (90s) but I was born in the 2000s era, and form all the cartoons I saw in my lifetime... there were either dencet or pretty good. But Adventure Time, that my show... ;)

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot
I always get excited when I hear someone play the Wombo Combo
Then I get dissapointed when it's just a montage parody
Then I feel a little annoyed that people have no idea where it originiated from and a little depressed when they have no idea what Smash Bros. is.
I'm part of Montage Parody community.

Alot of us know where the meme originated form, you have to know all of the memes originated if you going to use it on your parody.
Some of us like Smash, some us don't care for the game sadly.

Last edited:

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Oh hey, this leak has a game and wario stage.

What a coincidence
Just like Gematsu Shulk :p

Honestly, this "linking two versions together to unlock characters" sounds like the dumbest crap ever from design standpoint (and frankly sounds like something Activision would do rather than Nintendo), and if there was any evidence of that being the case, SOMETHING would have popped up already from all the ROM dumping thats been going on.

.....also Ridley growing wings mid-battle? What? Nevermind the fact that the process would look pretty graphic, which would NEVER make it into Smash.

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I'm a lot more hyped for this Tower of Smash rumor. I wanted to wait to see if 3 things would line up correctly for PotD before saying it's true. Now i wait for 2 more stages/features that were on that rumor round up to be revealed to say it's true.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Just like Gematsu Shulk :p

Honestly, this "linking two versions together to unlock characters" sounds like the dumbest crap ever from design standpoint (and frankly sounds like something Activision would do rather than Nintendo), and if there was any evidence of that being the case, SOMETHING would have popped up already from all the ROM dumping thats been going on.

.....also Ridley growing wings mid-battle? What? Nevermind the fact that the process would look pretty graphic, which would NEVER make it into Smash.
More graphic than Piccolo ripping his arms off? :troll:

Unless they will randomly appear like Meta Knight's wings.

Also on the subject of the new stage, this guy was right all along.

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
The boards are beginning to kill my hype. Re-reading some of my recent posts has made me seem like an elitist a-hole. I'll be off for the next week or so.
Bring an a-hole was the only time you would of had fun with these ass clowns. It's not communication with other fans, it's more like babysitting a dozen spoiled 6 year old children.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

No gonna lie, but I had a legit jump scare moment when I've seen this lovely header image for the Super Smash Bros. Nightmare Fuel page on TV Tropes. It actually makes sense since this indeed is the most terrifying thing to come out of Smash.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So what is this "Tower of Smash"?
It's some rumored mode that's exclusive to the Wii U version where you would fight up to many missions through 100 Floors (Ironically inspired by the Pit of 00 Trials of the Paper Mario games). The leaker said something about exclusive boss battles being in the mode too.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I don't know, what you're seeing as elitist, I see as you stating some truths that need to be said. Just saying.

You are just stating your opinion and I don't think you're being arrogant about it.

Two of my favorite manga, indeed.

Shame the anime adaptations don't give the manga much justice.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Paper Mario stage was shared between versions.

Also, Fire Emblem is best IntSys representation. Don't forget it. ;)
no, I meant likely to NOT be shared, but having 2 stages.

I could write more about it, but if you check the overall repping and the way they perceive him and his (they implied it was his) series, it's very likely to see more home console repping here and this series from IS,. the same dev, they respected that.

Same goes for fire emblem.

So, I would be surprised to first, NOT have a WiiU stage, but also to NOT emphasize home console. I found weird how console had a small part in 3ds because theorically, it's not handheld.

It's because it's so broad that it would imply that home console repping would have his tribute, just not this version.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
It's some rumored mode that's exclusive to the Wii U version where you would fight up to many missions through 100 Floors (Ironically inspired by the Pit of 00 Trials of the Paper Mario games). The leaker said something about exclusive boss battles being in the mode too.
I thought the guy just ripped Mortal Kombat's challenge tower for an idea, with the whole special conditions fighting and such.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
What's up people?

My exam was okay-ish, though better than I expected. I hated the subject. >_>

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
Well, I finally caved in and bought Hyrule Warriors. The DLC did it for me. I'm downloading it right now (that Dark Link costume is just too good).

Only problem is, I won't have enough credit for whenever Shovel Knight decides to come out over here. :sadeyes:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Miiverse is going under Maintenance from the 26th to the 30th of this month
HALLELUIAH
(My main Mii is also 9-Volt now, not only because the new stage, but also because 9-Volt was my most wanted :3)

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I actually a math exams today about math in computing.

It's basic stuff like arythmetic operations between bases, but from someone who had to copy paste way too much time hexa value in a calculator, learning how to do them WITHOUT a calculator helps.

FYI, if you want to glitch hunt TTYD, you'll know what I mean because you have to use cheat engine with an emulator to modify values. Problem: cheat engine recognise the system hax addresses, not the emulated system.

Fun fact: the GC memory of a game starts at 0x80000000

This actual emulated address is not the same in your system because it's emulated somewhere. There's a pointer on the system address used by the emulator so, you can know what address it is every time you boot the emulator.

Now, If I want the GC address of a value being 0x8000005E, you would have to think it is the pointer to the system address of the GC game start + the difference between the system address of the desired value and the system address pointed by the pointer where the former was known.

For this case, it's simple it's the value of the pointer + 5E.

But usually, I found for TTYD address that was like a bunch of mess that are not easy to compute without having basis notions.

So, in this case since i recently resumed my test (more that I will because I still need to setup my stuff), it is very usefull to know how to make a substraction in hexa.

I even some time need to convert to decimal. For hacking an item, you need to manually edit in the memory the 2 bytes telling the ID of the item. I already documented the list and it's known on internet, but cheat engine only wants a decimal number for changing 1 byte at a time and it's the best way to edit it. so, you enter from 0 to 255 while I have the ID in hexa.

it turns out that I said 2 bytes, but the first is 0 or 1. Simple. The second one though can go to 255 of FF. So, it's simple to convert them, but it's way better to practice the way of doing it so that it''s going to make my life easier.

Btw, those were not exagerations. They are true and real cases I lived and I will live for glitch hunting. You have to go by a ram watch/editor or your testing possibilities are very limited. It's almost mandatory for a TAS to have such a tool.

I think the best way to know how to glitch is to know how to NOT glitch and that is way harder than it sounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom