• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
@Warchamp7 rendition of the Alphabet
AB:4bowser::4bowserjr:C:4falcon::4charizard:D:4darkpit::4dedede::4diddy::4dk::4drmario::4duckhunt:EF:4falco::4fox:G:4ganondorf:M:4gaw:G:4greninja:K:4kirby:I:4myfriends:J:4jigglypuff:L:4littlemac::4link::4lucario::4lucina::4luigi:M:4mario::4marth::4megaman::4metaknight::4mii:N:4ness:O:4olimar:P:4palutena::4pacman::4peach::4pikachu::4pit:QR:4rob::4robinm::rosalina:S:4samus::4sheik::4shulk::4sonic:T:4tlink:UV:4villager:W:4wario2::4wiifit:XY:4yoshi:Z:4zelda::4zss:S:substitute:

Nailed it :4pacman:

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Last edited:

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
I don't like Ign's review of the game, feels uneducated, disorganized, and lazy.
That isn't a big suprise, though.
GameXplain refered to it as "Smash Bros Lite", and criticized the lack of many staple modes and options. They also said that the local multiplayer often has more lag than the online, and that the 1-minute matches at the end of Smash Run are quite anticlimactic. Overall, however, they gave it a good review and praised the variety of the newcomers, saying it was a "stable foundation" and that they were excited for the Wii U version.

EDIT: Here it is:

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
I don't like Ign's review of the game, feels uneducated, disorganized, and lazy.
That isn't a big suprise, though.
Yeah they do this big week long thing for Destiny (a game that anyone with half a brain can play) and then when Smash Bros comes along (a game with actual depth) they just crap out a few paragraphs, complain about minor things and slap a score on.

That is not professional journalism.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I'll try it when it comes out. Though I don't know too much of the Earthbound franchise.

Mr. G&W is spelled :gaw:. So no, he's not off.
I'll just refer to you as Video Gaming, then. :troll:

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Looks cute. :4dedede:
GameXplain refered to it as "Smash Bros Lite", and criticized the lack of many staple modes and options. They also said that the local multiplayer often has more lag than the online, and that the 1-minute matches at the end of Smash Run are quite anticlimactic. Overall, however, they gave it a good review and praised the variety of the newcomers, saying it was a "stable foundation" and that they were excited for the Wii U version.

Well, the 3DS version obviously isn't as complete, but then again, it is a handheld version. Given the state of the video game industry in Japan, it looks a lot like the handheld games are designed to be played in short amounts of time, rather than spending hours on them. Why do you think it's so fast to unlock all characters, for example?

I'm probably spending whole hours on the game, anyway. :4dedede:

This said, I'm sure the Wii U version will be far more complete. (And the version I will probably play less, ironically.)

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Yeah they do this big week long thing for Destiny (a game that anyone with half a brain can play) and then when Smash Bros comes along (a game with actual depth) they just crap out a few paragraphs, complain about minor things and slap a score on.
I feel like this goes without saying, but when it comes to game reviews, there might as well not be professional journalism.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
IGN is one of those sites that has been selling reviews for some years now.

Last edited:

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
That doesn't even begin to describe it - I only completed Earthbound for the first time this July when I got my Wii U. I tried to emulate the game several times but never really got past the Sharks.

I'm so glad I did - for my age right now, it... was a hell of an experience. I've ordered certain devices for my DS so I can play Mother 3 like a boss. And I'm about to start Mother 1 once I'm done with Xenoblade.

I've never been more blown out of the water by a game or really any other media before like this.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer

One was paid for, the other wasn't.

I read the eurogamer review and wanted to tear my eyes out. this is one of the games that no matter what a review says I would get, lol.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Why do people read reviews for games they are getting no matter what? That isn't going to affect your choice, is it? :p

Last edited:

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
You've never played a fangame before?

It honestly depends. There are good ones and bad ones. http://mfgg.net/ is a good site for example.
I mean, don't get me wrong, I appreciate fandom (hell it funded a chunk of college for me) - and I've been a part of several awesome fan communities. I admin a musician's forum, and I went with a bunch of other international folks over to London when he played 4 albums back to back on 4 nights in different venues. Time of my life.

I preface with that to say that, I even appreciate fanfiction, but there's often so much headcanon that I think it doesn't match up with the vision of a lot of the content they crib from.

Some small action fan games, sure! I played Super Mario Crossover, I played smash flash a little bit back in the day, those are just fine.

That said, everything about Mother 4 seems to be COMPLETELY in line with the the heart of the series, borrowing without owing, and getting everything right , even down to the music. The level-up music vid they posted was so moving to me.

It'll remain to be seen, but I hold out high hopes.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077

If the demo is anything to go off of, then local multiplayer shouldn't be a problem. Idk if it's the Japanese 3DS or what, but it's not bad at all, IMO.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Why do people read reviews for games they are getting no matter what? That isn't going to affect your choice, is it? :p
Well, I have doubts. I mean, the fact Lady Lima, Porygon and Sweet Stuff aren't playable has already making me doubt getting the game and if the game gets bad reviews, I'm not gonna buy it.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Is that your personal trollface?
It's more like a silly face. Because Dedede's expression is silly. :4dedede:

If I was trolling, I'd use a :troll:.

Or worse, this: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I read the eurogamer review and wanted to tear my eyes out. this is one of the games that no matter what a review says I would get, lol.
A 7/10 could be seen as controversial, indeed.

But I actually read the Portuguese version of Eurogamer regularly. And they gave Smash 3DS a 9/10. And instead of having one page, it had three, with much more detailed info on the game and showed quite the enthusiasm for the game. They praised the roster's variety, the amount of fanservice, the gameplay, the soundtrack and many other aspects. Overall, they stated it as a good transition from a console game to a handheld.

They did criticize the fact it can be harder to play on a regular 3DS on more chaotic matches given the smaller screen makes it hard to see the characters when the camera is zoomed out and say this problem is mitigated by the XL model.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Well, I have doubts. I mean, the fact Lady Lima, Porygon and Sweet Stuff aren't playable has already making me doubt getting the game and if the game gets bad reviews, I'm not gonna buy it.
I don't even know who you are referencing here

R0Y

Smash Master
Bring an a-hole was the only time you would of had fun with these *** clowns. It's not communication with other fans, it's more like babysitting a dozen spoiled 6 year old children.
Yeah... That definitely includes you.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just played the first 2 missions of Hyrule Warriors and I'm very impressed and in love with this game. I know it's part Dynasty Warriors but this is one of the craziest Zelda games ever!

A must own for Zelda fans (and I guess Dynasty Warriors fans since this is my first DW game).

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Lol, my country's gaming websites or affiliates giving Smash 3DS higher reviews.

IGN.pt gave it a 9.5/10.

And the logic is pretty much, the game has loads of content, loads of Nintendo fanservice and it's fun, therefore, it's good.

Keep in mind that Sony pretty much dominates the video game market here, though Nintendo has been more present here over the last few years.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
It's more like a silly face. Because Dedede's expression is silly. :4dedede:

If I was trolling, I'd use a :troll:.

Or worse, this: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

A 7/10 could be seen as controversial, indeed.

But I actually read the Portuguese version of Eurogamer regularly. And they gave Smash 3DS a 9/10. And instead of having one page, it had three, with much more detailed info on the game and showed quite the enthusiasm for the game. They praised the roster's variety, the amount of fanservice, the gameplay, the soundtrack and many other aspects. Overall, they stated it as a good transition from a console game to a handheld.

They did criticize the fact it can be harder to play on a regular 3DS on more chaotic matches given the smaller screen makes it hard to see the characters when the camera is zoomed out and say this problem is mitigated by the XL model.
not so much their criticisms but more the way it was written. Like I get it, a review site should maybe write a little better than just a random guy writing but it was to the point where it was obnoxious. Don't try to wow me with words in a freaking review for a game :mad:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The best reviewer you can find is yourself. Get your hands on a demo and try out the game before playing.

I will go buy Smash 3DS day one. As soon as classes are over, I know my next stop.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Is that your personal trollface?
More like Doctor Mario, Pac-Man, and Dedede are the new trollfaces for everyone here.

Also, I'm in love with New Leaf after downloading it yesterday. I can see why Isabelle is such the fan favorite since she's adorable.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I mean, don't get me wrong, I appreciate fandom (hell it funded a chunk of college for me) - and I've been a part of several awesome fan communities. I admin a musician's forum, and I went with a bunch of other international folks over to London when he played 4 albums back to back on 4 nights in different venues. Time of my life.
I preface with that to say that, I even appreciate fanfiction, but there's often so much headcanon that I think it doesn't match up with the vision of a lot of the content they crib from.
Some small action fan games, sure! I played Super Mario Crossover, I played smash flash a little bit back in the day, those are just fine.
That said, everything about Mother 4 seems to be COMPLETELY in line with the the heart of the series, borrowing without owing, and getting everything right , even down to the music. The level-up music vid they posted was so moving to me.
It'll remain to be seen, but I hold out high hopes.
I agree with everything in this post.
This fangame really does feel "right". I looked at all the individual sections, and if you told me this was from Nintendo themselves I would've believed you.

Golden Gallade

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3823-9001-5955
Lol, my country's gaming websites or affiliates giving Smash 3DS higher reviews.

IGN.pt gave it a 9.5/10.

And the logic is pretty much, the game has loads of content, loads of Nintendo fanservice and it's fun, therefore, it's good.

Keep in mind that Sony pretty much dominates the video game market here, though Nintendo has been more present here over the last few years.
Wait I thought ign gave it an 8.8. Or am I crazy?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom