• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
After playing Smash for the last 8 hours, it's certainly been a while since I've gone on a gaming binge...I feel like reading a book now.

D

Deleted member

I'm going to boldly say that Mac is one of the best characters in the game. If you know what you're doing and how Smash works, you are GOING to give your opponent trouble and you are MAYBE going to win probably.
Also the KO Punch is so satisfying.

Last edited by a moderator:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
After playing Smash for the last 8 hours, it's certainly been a while since I've gone on a gaming binge...I feel like reading a book now.
Can't blame you there, I'm not used to playing the same game for as many hours in a row as I have today having trouble remembering when playing like that gave me a bit of a headache... well, it's either that or my vast losing streak in the online mode is causing the headache, either or I suppose.

supercopper64

Smash Ace
NNID
CaptainOfWar
3DS FC
1650-2938-3501
So does the crowd really chant "Roy's Our Boy!" when Roy id beating the crap out of someone? Way to rub in the salt into our wounds and the lemon into our eyes.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Bowser Jr. is a lot of fun to play, to my surprise. Not even in my signature of interested fighters, and he has me hooked to maining him.

Although yesterday I was awful in For Glory, I managed to play a lot better today after practice. My last match, me and my opponent somehow managed to last the 5 minute time limit in For Glory 2-stock. And I won the Sudden Death. :awesome:

Sakurai, I forgive you for the 7 Mario rep characters.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Can't blame you there, I'm not used to playing the same game for as many hours in a row as I have today having trouble remembering when playing like that gave me a bit of a headache... well, it's either that or my vast losing streak in the online mode is causing the headache, either or I suppose.
I have some cramps, but honestly I'm surprised I haven't gotten a migraine, especially since for the first 3 hours I played with 3D on.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I have some cramps, but honestly I'm surprised I haven't gotten a migraine, especially since for the first 3 hours I played with 3D on.
You managed for 3 hours with the 3D I could only stand it for about 10 minutes.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Got my copy and I love it, just as great as Melee in terms of mechanics (though the item drops may be problematic). Find Mii and Living Room are shaping up to be my favorite stages for obvious reasons. Good thing I've remembered to do a preorder since the Gamestop store reps outright told be that all their copies were sold out since midnight. Smash Wii U is definitely on my radar, which I why I've used that opportunity to preorder it. This is one step closer to getting my Smash Soundtrack in CD format. **** yeah!

supercopper64

Smash Ace
NNID
CaptainOfWar
3DS FC
1650-2938-3501
You know what really grinds my gears? When people don't answer question they know the answer to, they just won't say it. I've asked a questio two times in a row and it amazed me, nobody had replyed. Even if you don't know the answer can't you atleast say "I don't know."

D

Deleted member

If anyone here has me added and wants to play a few games I have a room open.
No pressure.
Maybe it'll save me from the lag I've been experiencing.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Just got the game about 30 minutes ago. My god it is awesome!

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Hey, has anyone ever used a 2DS before? Or uses one?

I need to find myself a 3DS, but the latest 3DS XL with a c-stick comes out on November 21st, so I don't wish to buy one brand new until then (or realistically, at all, but the SMASH ITCH IS STRONG).

Cheapest thing I could find near me second hand was a 2DS, and knowing I don't really care about anything other than how it holds in the hands (standard 3DS hurts playing smash 4 A LOT after a while) and whether or not I can see things (I have quite poor eyesight, but if it isn't like a significant cut to the standard 3DS I'll be fine).

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
*looks at friends list*
*sees that 15+ of my friends (including my Sister) all have the full game*
*curls into ball*
justgonnacryforawhile

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I'm baffled at how short Classic mode is.
Though it has amazing presentation.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
So does the crowd really chant "Roy's Our Boy!" when Roy id beating the crap out of someone? Way to rub in the salt into our wounds and the lemon into our eyes.
Well, Roy the Koopaling is a boy compared to our man Roy from Fire Emblem.

Roy confirmed to receive make-over like Ike and will gain Lord as part of his name to differentiate from the weakling known as Roy Koopa. Lord Roy's crowd chant would be something like: "Bow down to the Lord!". Lord Roy is gonna give out a royal beat-down.

Anyway, I just watched The Legend of Korra Book 4: Balance...
... and it seems like it'll be taking a darker and sadder turn. Bolin's relationship is estranged because although he's helping people, he's doing it the way Opal and many don't like. It still plays with Bolin's naivety since anyone hardened like Mako could tell Kuvira's not the same person three years ago. I guess the blame falls on Mako for babying and hiding the world from his precious, little brother which is funny since Prince Wu appears to be that sort of naive, arrogant idiot; Prince Wu is Bolin if things turned out bad. They're both dependent on Mako, but for different reasons: Bolin needs a direction and an eye to the world while Wu needs someone to protect him and prevent him from making horrible mistakes. I really hope Bolin stays with Opal since she's one of if not the best thing to happen to him.

Kai's really matured and he reminds me of Aang now. Sort of that carefree and I want to help people vibe I'm getting from him much more now that he's older. Jinora reminds me of Katara which might be something they were going for. Kai's running around and making mistakes while Jinora is more cautious and trying to do the right thing.

Kuvira seems more like a villain who can be justified since she probably feels that power is the only way to protect people and that power corrupted her. Amon wanted the lack of power so everyone is equal, Unalaaq wanted power solely for himself and for the sake of it, and Zaheer wanted to leave the world to nature where survival was to the fittest and the strong - chaos is the lack of order and therefore, the lack of ordered power. So, Kuvira wants power to protect the weak, except she's taking it too far and down the wrong path. She reminds me of Vergil from Devil May Cry who was traumatized from being helpless as a child and watching his mother die and brother disappear.

Then we go to Korra... Yeah, you can't help be feel sad for her. She desperately was searching for her purpose since the start. Aang didn't want to be an Avatar and to leave his friends and family. He ran away from his fate and problem. That fits his upbringing and the nature of air: to flow and never meet head-on, but to go around it, however, Aang's not just an airbender. Korra accepted being an Avatar, but feels she's a bad one and one who never really accomplished anything. Aside from being an Avatar, she's probably only good at fighting and nothing else. She has no other credentials and being a healer is out of the question since people could tell immediately it's her since the current Avatar is from the Water Tribe. Cutting her hair and just fighting as an earthbender is one of the safest bets since the Fire Nation has Zuko, General Iroh, and Zuko's daughter who could find her while the Air Nation, well, yeah... Getting defeated makes sense since she's depressed, she isn't fighting to win, protect, or survive, but for the sake of it, if she's still affected by the poison, and the greatest strength of the Avatar is the ability to bend all 4 elements plus energy.

Toph's apparently supposed to make an appearance. I think she left Republic City to find herself or enlightenment. I can see Toph guiding Korra back or being a major player near the end of Balance.

R0Y

Smash Master
Smash 3DS is awesome but it just makes me want the Wii U version even more.

Soon!

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
People play games with the 3D on? I've always kept it off.
Depends on the game. If it's Super Mario 3D Land that actually makes use of 3D, then sure, but Fire Emblem, Pokemon, or Bravely Default that doesn't make much use of it besides making it 3D, then no. Heck, Pokemon only has 3D only for cutscenes which are few and battles which you will usually end quickly. Also, I'm pretty sure there are some 3DS games, not DS games, Virtual Console, etc. that don't even have 3D as an option.

MunchyMunch

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MushroomMuncher
Man I'm happy the characters are easy to unlock. It was a ***** having to play through a mode all over again just to get another shot at that character. Now you can just go play a match and self destruct to get another shot at it.

supercopper64

Smash Ace
NNID
CaptainOfWar
3DS FC
1650-2938-3501
Sure, I'm game. I'll PM when I'm ready.
Everytime I read one of your posts it looks like you are either stressed or angry at the person you are talking at because of the gif of Woody shaking his haed.
*looks at friends list*
*sees that 15+ of my friends (including my Sister) all have the full game*
*curls into ball*
justgonnacryforawhile
Hey don't be sad, I don't get it until Tuesday.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I'll get ready to kick your guys' asses lose when the wii u version comes out. Just you wait!

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Anyone getting the 003-2002 error? All of my college campus wifi won't work and my phone is the only way I can get a hotspot. Worse, I can't even connect to a room. Help?

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Here are characters I had a hard time unlocking: :4bowserjr::4darkpit::4drmario::4duckhunt::4lucina::4rob::4gaw:, but anyway, Duck Hunt is a really fun character to play especially his Final Smash :grin:

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Man I'm happy the characters are easy to unlock. It was a ***** having to play through a mode all over again just to get another shot at that character. Now you can just go play a match and self destruct to get another shot at it.
It might make sense since handheld games unless they're Monster Hunter or RPG games, you're not going to play for extremely long stretches. There's a reason consoles and PCs exist and another reason why handhelds exist.

Y'know, it might make sense of the starter roster for the Wii U to be less compared to the 3DS. The Wii U is a console and games on home consoles or systems can be played for long times without issues like battery. Sure, you can plug it in and charge while playing, but it's just something to just sit on a couch or chair and play on a big screen for an hour or maybe 4.

An example would be this: You're probably not going to be playing Crysis 3 on your laptop. Not only would it not run well unless you had the best laptop in the world, but it would be hot since you're working your laptop to hell and back, but it would lack that awesomeness of laying at 1080p on a 23" screen or in the future, a 1440p screen. Now, it'd be okay to play Orcs Must Die!, Mark of the Ninja, Final Fantasy III, or Mass Effect to pass time on any system.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I have Mr. Game & Watch and R.O.B. left to unlock. So far, I've only lost to Lucina twice. All the others I got them on the first try.

Whew, it was quite the play time. It's 3 AM here.

The game is just too good.

Ganondorf's buffs are amazing. That Warlock Punch super armor is just great. His speed is overall better too. He doesn't feel as sluggish as Brawl.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I... actually got defeated by Ganondorf :4ganondorf:
You weren't playing as Link or Toon Link weren't you? Let me guess, you used Shulk and his flimsy Monaduh against The Almighty Ganondorf, King of Evil, Master Magician, Pig Farmer, and Kitten-Lover! ... er... wait a minute?...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom