• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Wow I have not been on smashboards for a while huh. probably just anticipation for the game I guess...
...which is continuing now that it has been "on it's way" for almost 22 hours now. Half expecting the delivery truck to be stuck in a ditch half way across Africa or something at this point. Hoping the rest of you are having a better time than I am.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Falcon is a ton of fun in this game. I might just have to get a different 64 main and play Falcon in this game. Because holy crap is he fun to play in Smash 4.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Wait, what? Isn't the official render for him the one with red arms?
View attachment 26679
Oh, did they change it so the default ROB is grey in US and Red in Japan? That's neat.

Also, I hate you can get duplicate Custom Moves.

I really hate how you have to unlock them. At least make some guaranteed way of getting them.

D

Deleted member

I got my copy.
First thing I'm doing is going after 9.0 Master Core as Little Mac.
Sakurai have mercy.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Played the game for an hour, FALCON IS GOD! I unlocked Ness and Falco. Going for Doc next.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
So I just decided to check the bitf website.
**** I'm crying now.
I really kind of don't want to remove it from my pinned tabs out of sentimental value, cause it's been there for years... but I guess it's time to unpin. I'll miss it :(

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I might have to wait a little bit until I get the game. But I'm excited. There's plenty of other characters I want to try out now.

fenyx4

Smash Journeyman
(So I guess we're allowed to talk about the Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS release in this thread, despite it being located in the Super Smash Bros. for Wii U subforum..? OK..??)

Sigh... I've mostly relegated myself just to reading articles and the like, as it will be a while before I have either version of Super Smash Bros. 4.. :( >_>

Anyways, on a more positive note, someone tracked down the font used for the captions in the Super Smash Bros. 4 trailers! (such as "Megaman Joins The Battle!"):
http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2i4ncj/i_found_the_sm4sh_newcomer_trailer_freezeframe/
But $500 for a font is kind of ridiculous... :crazy: I mean, you could probably get a Nintendo Wii U and both versions of Super Smash Bros. 4 with that kind of moolah..

Pretty weird that they changed R.O.B's default color to the gray one, it looks way more boring.
Wait, what? Isn't the official render for him the one with red arms?
View attachment 26679
Oh, did they change it so the default ROB is grey in US and Red in Japan? That's neat.

Also, I hate you can get duplicate Custom Moves.

I really hate how you have to unlock them. At least make some guaranteed way of getting them.
That R.O.B. coloration change is neat from a "reference" perspective but sucks from an aesthetic perspective, in my opinion... I loved the "Japanese Famicom color scheme (red arms)" much better than the drab "grey NES color scheme". I hardly ever use R.O.B.'s grey NES color scheme, so this will bug me a little anytime I select R.O.B in SSB4..

And yeah, the chance that one can potentially obtain duplicate Custom Move parts is not good, as well as the randomness of unlocking them... The randomness is one reason I dislike (in retrospect) Super Smash Bros. Brawl's "random CD" feature, but thankfully those weren't available in duplicate, and CD Factories helped immensely regarding CD acquisition.

Also, a question - does Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS bring back the "Title Scream" in the vein of Super Smash Bros. 64 and Super Smash Bros. Melee? I have a feeling I know the answer, though.. :urg:

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
(So I guess we're allowed to talk about the Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS release in this thread, despite it being located in the Super Smash Bros. for Wii U subforum..? OK..??)
Well I mean, it is part of the family after all.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
All this talk about the game I still can't have... man, I made myself sad.

By the way, I heard it's hard to see the characters in Gaur Plain, is it true?

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
So I deleted my save data because I only wanted to use the self destruct trick to show my brother the newcomers. I'm going to get them through classic mode from now on.

...But when I was deleting my save data, the game reminded me that save data does not, in fact, grow on trees.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
ABOUT TO FIGHT DOC! WHOOP! WHOOP!

JUST UNLOCKED DOC! WHOOP! WHOOP!

Last edited:

Sil

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1032-1490-1609
Robin's air-smashes are going to need some getting used to...

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
And so, I've unlocked all characters and stages.

And now I'm sad it happened so quickly. ;_;

Sil

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1032-1490-1609
Just unlocked Falco.
Do we know the actual requirements for unlocking characters via Classic Mode yet?

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Just unlocked Falco.
Do we know the actual requirements for unlocking characters via Classic Mode yet?
Play with Link with difficulty 7 or higher to get that villain guy, i think his name was Yuga or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom