• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Only Lucina was problematic for me. I lost against her twice. The rest were easy.

Dark Pit did put up a fight, though. Same for Jigglypuff.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I goof'd and got hit by 3 wizard foots in a row, wich drove me off the stage. And i was Link :link64:
Great, Weeman. JUST GREAT! YOU JUST STARTED THE ERA OF DECLINE IN THE LEGEND OF ZELDA. ENJOY! NOW... N-now... ALL OUR PIGS AND KITTENS BELONG TO GANONDORF! ALL OF THEM! ... all of my adorable kitties... :cry:

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Great, Weeman. JUST GREAT! YOU JUST STARTED THE DECLINE ERA OF THE LEGEND OF ZELDA. ENJOY! NOW... N-now... ALL OUR PIGS AND KITTENS BELONG TO GANONDORF! ALL OF THEM! ... all of my adorable kitties... :cry:
Bah, they're in good hands.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I have Mr. Game & Watch and R.O.B. left to unlock. So far, I've only lost to Lucina twice. All the others I got them on the first try.

Whew, it was quite the play time. It's 3 AM here.

The game is just too good.

Ganondorf's buffs are amazing. That Warlock Punch super armor is just great. His speed is overall better too. He doesn't feel as sluggish as Brawl.
I got defeated by Dorf 3 times, are you giving your will to him or something?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Bah, they're in good hands.
But I want kitties too... Which reminds me: You can't but feel like Ganondorf's not that bad of a guy. Ganondorf confirmed tsundere. :p

And there's these. My favorite is Zelda's; she looks so adorable which makes sense since Skyward Sword Zelda is the cutest of the Zeldas.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I got Smash Bros earlier today. I've unlocked a lot of the characters. My best character is Bowser. Unfortunately, I'm horrible at Bowser Jr, the character I wanted to main.
I'm having a weird problem. For some reason, whenever I start a vs match, the enemy starts at 30%. I've double checked that handicap isn't on, and I don't know what to do.

Sil

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1032-1490-1609
I just unlocked Bowser Jr. so I went to check hat Roy's cheer actually was, and it sounded like they were just saying "Roy, Roy, Roy!"
I guess he's not our boy after all. :laugh:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Went to see a movie, picked up Smash on the way because the copy I ordered was delayed to Monday. Good times.

Holy mother of god, Fox, Falco, and Lucario all sound like Steve Urkel trying to do accents. It's so damn bad.
Forget balance patches, they need to patch in some better damn voice actors.

Now that I got that out, I've unlocked Falco, Ness, Wario, and Lucina so far.

Luigi: Not much different from Brawl, new jump is great, tornado seems improved.
Peach: Feels better, loving the black dress. Cursing the black void.
Bowser: Still feels heavy and sluggish, but he's definitely been buffed significantly. Dat dropkick.
Yoshi: Oh god he's so good, I love it. And all of the eggs match the palettes, so good!
Rosalina: I really need to mess around with her some more, not quite used to Luma. Also that void.
Wario: Feels as great as ever. No shoulder bash though, 0/10. You can stay on his bike and just go all day.
DK: Roll! Still feels the same as before. New air clap is neat.
Diddy: He almost feels like a completely different character, besides his specials. It was crazy.
Zelda: Feels the same as Brawl. Phantom is pretty useless, not much else to say.
Sheik: Holy yes does Sheik feel amazing. Bouncing fish, the grenade, so good. Sheik is amazing solo.
Toon Link. Felt pretty different from Brawl on the ground, felt exactly the same in the air. Arrows are pitiful.
Samus: Samus feels the same, but has good buffs. Some moves are a bit different, still great to play.
Zamus: Barely uses the whip anymore, feels the same in some areas but different in others. Rocket heels are amazing.
Pit: Feels great, though his arrows are kind of meh now, his new side B is like a watered down Falcon Dive. Great voice.
Palutena: Loving her, I'm sold on adding her to my mains. Though I'm definitely going to change her specials.
Marth: Feels as good as ever, Shield Breaker is way better.
Lucina: ...Just feels like a superior Marth. Oh well, Nowi palette!
Ike: He's suddenly a speed demon. This only does great things for Ike. Also blue f1r3/
Robin: I'm in love. Smash aerials. Tomes. Everything. I can't even. Another solidified main for me. Waifu material.
Kaby: Feels better than he did at the Smash Fest demo. Dat hammer tho.
Dedede: That Gordo, seriously. You don't even need anything else.
Meta Knight: I finally won't feel bad for using him. Otherwise the same besides his recovery.
Little Mac: I was incredibly surprised! So fast, so strong, too KO. Definitely a secondary, even though he sucks in the air.
Fox: That voice is bottom tier, I'm sorry Melee fans. Seriously speaking, feels great as always.
Falco: Same thoughts as Fox. Except he has two completely different voices when he grunts or taunts. Seriously, what?
Charizard: He feels like a giant damn lizard. Despite his flying type, his recovery is balls. Different than he was in Brawl.
Lucario: Same voice issue as Falco, it's like they reused the grunts and hired a new guy for the voice.
Greninja: Shadow Sneak is too good. Everything else feels decent.
Ness: OH GOD YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS! He brings tears to my eyes, and tiers to the ground. So good.
Falcon: You get buffs, I get buffs, we ALL get buffs! Finished a match with the goddamn KNEE. Melee glory.
Olimar: I have to get used to this. Actually, he's still really great. Need to play more.
Miss Fit: Her moveset does nothing for me. She just feels so awkward to use, it's kind of sad.
Shulk: I'M REALLY FEELING IT!
Pac-Man: He is the greatest thing ever. Probably going to be one of my most used characters. Retro HYPE.
Sonic: He feels worse. No seriously, it's pathetic, I couldn't kill Mario until the damn 200's. Sakurai why.
Mii: Swordsman is good, went with myself. Feels like Link and Sheik's love child, very nice to play.
Mii: AVGN is ready to shoot up some Nintendo classics. Samus and Mega Man got to work if you catch my drift.
Mii: JanTran brings the bruises. Least favorite of the Miis, feels like a watered down ******* child of Mario and Little Mac.

Soul.

But I want kitties too... Which reminds me: You can't but feel like Ganondorf's not that bad of a guy. Ganondorf confirmed tsundere. :p

And there's these. My favorite is Zelda's; she looks so adorable which makes sense since Skyward Sword Zelda is the cutest of the Zeldas.
They Pokémon Trainers now. Lol.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I presume you're not really good as Link?

Ganondorf was one of the easiest battles for me.
Uses Fox to to unlock Dark Pit, loses after an intense battle.
Uses Ganondorf, Ganoncides him off the stage at the start of the match.
I'm telling ya, you're giving Dorf the powah.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Is it just me or the 3ds controls more fluid than Brawl? I can grab easier, move easier with the circle pad, and pressing a button instead of using the D-pad feels soooo much better.

Actually it's probably just me as I only have a Wii remote at the moment. :lol:

Soul.

Is it just me or the 3ds controls more fluid than Brawl? I can grab easier, move easier with the circle pad, and pressing a button instead of using the D-pad feels soooo much better.

Actually it's probably just me as I only have a Wii remote at the moment. :lol:
They are. I got used to the controls the moment I got the demo.
But yes, I agree that the 3DS controls feel more fluid.

D

Deleted member

I tried out the Windows 10 technical preview and it's really nice. :shades:

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
I'm really considering making my main Wii Fit Trainer but I'm not 100% sure to me. She just feels natural and really powerful (especially if you nail her downb) and her fair is perfect for my type of play. Now I'm considering 3 mains but I just can't play a good Sheik or DHD soooo this should be interesting

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
They used to say that I was the cutest stuffed teddy bear when I was young.

I've become far grizzlier since, of course, but the charm hasn't been lost with age.
So, you're like an Ursaring or a Pangoro?

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
Got the game and went straight to 100 man melee and got the big guy first :) here's what the CCS looks like with wario being the first unlock
image.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom