• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
No.
No it's not, Smash 4 is horrible. Never should've bought it.
In fact I'm going to go return my copy and burn my 3DS BRB.
Indeed. The roster is T-E-R-R-I-B-L-E. No Lakipea, no Sweet Stuff, no Sandslash, no Lyon...

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I agree that Brawl/Assult Fox has the better voice. Though I do like Falco's in SSB4. It's not as good as the Brooklyn accent, but the snarkiness is cool nonetheless. I'm just glad he still says some of the best lines in the game.

D

Deleted member

Indeed. The roster is T-E-R-R-I-B-L-E. No Lakipea, no Sweet Stuff, no Sandslash, no Lyon...
AND YOU CAN'T EVEN WIGGLE THE MENUS WITH THE C-STICK ON THE WII U VERSION
Pre-order cancelled.
Wii U burned with 3DS.
PS4 Smashed.
TV thrown in river.
PC destroyed.
lol you really dont like it? i mean it could of been better but it could of been alot worse
It was a joke.

Last edited by a moderator:

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Why are people bringing up him being the original actor like its some sort of perk, the voice acting in Star Fox 64 isnt very good. I mean, its just annoyingly high and waaaaay too cartoony, like hes actually TRYING to sound annoying. Its going to take a loooong time to get used to.

No complaints about Falco though.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Why are people bringing up him being the original actor like its some sort of perk, the voice acting in Star Fox 64 isnt very good. I mean, its just annoyingly high and waaaaay too cartoony, like hes actually TRYING to sound annoying. Its going to take a loooong time to get used to.

No complaints about Falco though.
SAY YOUR PRAYETH, ANDROTH!

Knuckles the Knuckles

NNID
Dromader
I think Fox's Brawl voice was cheesy. But that's fine. It's a talking space fox who flies around in a ship fighting other space animals. He can afford to be a little campy.
But at least the Brawl voice fit. Out of context Fox's new voices sounds almost alien it's so unfitting. If they were going to give him this voice, they could've had the decency to give him his Starfox 64 design to suit it better.
Oh my God, I would so get used to listening to his voice if his current design was 64-spired. I dont much like Brawl design of Fox, not at all.

D

Deleted member

True. Pit had issues, as animating the wings was hard, something that wasn't a problem for IC's.

I'd say it makes sense. And Balloon Fighter does kind of lack... stuff it can do. Outside of an Assist Trophy/Hazard. Being well shown off with Villager seems to work well~
Ehh, what would happen if there was only one Ice Climber instead of 2?

Soul.

It would remove their gimmick what made them unique, therefore making it a really bland character. Popo/Nana together or bust.
Make them work on the 3DS or no Ice Climbers. And I doubt that can happen.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Make them work on the 3DS or no Ice Climbers. And I doubt that can happen.
Not on the regular 3DS, no. And I highly doubt Sakurai would go that far to make them N3DS-only. And I also doubt Nintendo would make certain characters Wii U-exclusive. I can see it being Wii U-exclusive for a while, but not forever.

Knuckles the Knuckles

NNID
Dromader
It would remove their gimmick what made them unique, therefore making it a really bland character. Popo/Nana together or bust.
I dunno, you could still make an interesting character out of them... him.... whatever. But yea, never liked playing as them/againts them, I just dont like the way they did theyr gimmic. My solution was just gluing them together so they would be a single character with two models, meaning they could use theyr double-techniques without making much chaos.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So, when do you guys think we'll see gameplay footage of Mewtwo? Judging by the Direct content, it looks likes they haven't got much done beyond having its models ready.

I want to guess late January/mid February at the earliest.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
So, when do you guys think we'll see gameplay footage of Mewtwo? Judging by the Direct content, it looks likes they haven't got much done beyond having its models ready.
I'm really hoping they either finish Mewtwo early and release him in January, or he's part of a pack of lost vets like Lucas, Wolf, and Snake.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681

February 6.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463

I've heard that returning vets models are generally transfered from the previous game and updated (except from SSB64 to SSBM). Porting Melee characters to the SSB4 engine is complicated because the models are too old, unlike the Brawl models, wich are easier to transfer and update. This is why Mewtwo is taking so much time to come back : they need to recreate the character entirely while still having the same movements from Melee. It's a sticky situation. For Dr.Mario it was simple, they just needed to put Mario with doctor clothes and it was done, but with Mewtwo, it certainly have taken too much time. Or he was created in late dev' and couldn't make it. But I doubt that.

Anyway, having him before spring would be good, that's sure.

D

Deleted member

I'll finally understand these now.
Except the one where Homura holds a gun to her head. Seriously, you said it wasn't a spoiler, but I didn't ever see it happen. Is it in one of the movies?
Yeah, it's in movie 3.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I've heard that returning vets models are generally transfered from the previous game and updated (except from SSB64 to SSBM). Porting Melee characters to the SSB4 engine is complicated because the models are too old, unlike the Brawl models, wich are easier to transfer and update. This is why Mewtwo is taking so much time to come back : they need to recreate the character entirely while still having the same movements from Melee. It's a sticky situation. For Dr.Mario it was simple, they just needed to put Mario with doctor clothes and it was done, but with Mewtwo, it certainly have taken too much time. Or he was created in late dev' and couldn't make it. But I doubt that.

Hopefully the process is easier with Snake.
#TheSnakeisSTILLintheBoot

D

Deleted member

Not just the models; generally, all data for the character (at least, as much data that is usable) is ported over. I take it as Mewtwo's data from Melee being so outdated that it's incompatible with the current engine, so he would need to be remade from scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom