• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
woaaaaaaaaaah

I wish my page was like that! Up to date or not, there's a lot of stuff there, which is always nice!
Yeah you are right.
Tough, I did ask at alot of people to improve it when the wiki was popular here.
I have made some change too but, wiki page aren't my thing to be honest.
'Still need to change something that feel a little too old as of now.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Yeah you are right.
Tough, I did ask at alot of people to improve it when the wiki was popular here.
I have made some change too but, wiki page aren't my thing to be honest.
'Still need to change something that feel a little too old as of now.
I'd add something, but honestly everything I've thought of adding is already there, lol.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I saw that! You did a pretty great job! Though something about কার্বিফ্যান৩৯১ and পীনাট বাটার গেমারের in Bengali in a Bengali accent read in that way is always pretty funny in my head. As well as all the English words in Bangla, but otherwise no laughs there, your Bangla is pretty good and on point. Though "অবতার" sounds weird, "আভাঢার" sounds more accurate, though structurally it's much weirder looking and seems wrong. Though you could just use "ছবি" instead and save all the trouble. Eh I'll edit it in later myself. Edit: I just did.

...huh I actually can't find your page, no Red Hunter Z or Mao644 there.
Well, the word 'Avatar' does come from অবতার (or अवतार in Sanskrit), so I thought it was a good translation. I guess ছবি is simpler though.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Well, the word 'Avatar' does come from অবতার (or अवतार in Sanskrit), so I thought it was a good translation. I guess ছবি is simpler though.
Oh...I heard "avatar" had a religious origin in Sanskrit or something but didn't know there was a Bengali equivalent. I guess they changed how it sounded like when they put it in English?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Oh...I heard "avatar" had a religious origin in Sanskrit or something but didn't know there was a Bengali equivalent. I guess they changed how it sounded like when they put it in English?
Avatar is a religious word in Sanskrit (link if you're curious). English has just adapted it for other uses.

Most Sanskrit nouns can be directly used in other Indian languages (case in point: সাধু ভাষা was a thing).

Last edited:

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Wat. Why.

Putting him in a monster catching game would make it look like they're abusing his reputation. That's hardly a tribute.
Well, he's known for sort of catching a child but that got him killed. What better way to avenge that then by flipping it and making him be the one getting caught by children? :p

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, he's known for sort of catching a child but that got him killed. What better way to avenge that then by flipping it and making him be the one getting caught by children? :p
lol

Yeah I find that petition to be very cruel. PETA would be all over Nintendo if it ever happened.
Eh, nobody cares about PETA, and Nintendo especially doesn't like them, with all those knockoffs.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Man, I remember the PETA games, I've always liked them unironically but now even moreso after knowing more about animal rights and all, so I can appreciate the core message more.

Though one time I played Super Chick Sisters on my dad's office computer when I was younger, but then one of his coworkers needed the computer for something. I was pretty far in the game, so I minimized it and let the coworker do his thing. It was very uncomfortable watching him do whatever while "Super Chick Sisters" was visible in the taskbar the whole time...I was pretty embarrassed then thinking he noticed that and got the wrong idea :laugh:

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
So analyzing someone's lyrics Ace Attorney style can be pretty helpful. And cool. Sure, it sounds dumb...
But feast your eyes on my story. Ace Attorney Style. (It's 1% exaggerated)

In truth I want to feel the truth I want to see
I'm trying to embrace your
lost heart and smile.

In truth I want to feel the truth I want to see
I'm trying to embrace your
drifting heart and smile.

It's pretty good so far. But I noticed one little word that didn't seem to fit. And that's "lost."

I lost my flow a bit. I was curious about that myself. I couldn't think of an adequate word for lost.

Yeah, it doesn't really flow. I think you should just leave it as "drifting."

But [she] isn't really drifting. She's like Captured. Disappeared. Lost.

I think [he]'s still in a state of disbelief at this point. "Is this really goodbye?" Maybe he thinks there's still a slight chance that he can get [her] back.

If that's the case, we should change it to "captured." Not only does it flow better, but it still "captures" my vision of the song.

Heh. Good one. Alright back to "analyzing." Brb with more thoughts

Together, you and I will always be alive, committed, close to you I'll stay
As long as I can hold your hand again and again, then maybe I will find a way
I can never travel back in time, but they smile back at me, those days
And everything remains the same, this pain I'll soon awake from
What I see will melt all away with my tears

Together, will you and I always be alive, committed, close to you I crave

Just to hear your laughter and voice again and again, then maybe we will find a way
Will I be able travel back in time, and return the smiles from those days,
Will everything remain the same, Will I awake from all this pain?
What I did can't melt all away, with my tears

Heh. It's like playing Apollo Justice all over again.

Huh?

The next inconsistent flow is at "Just to hear your laughter and voice again and again"

Yeah. I also lost my flow a bit here.

I propose a shortened, better flowing version:

"Just to hear your laughter AND your voice again"

Alright. That's cool.

Splendid. Last one: "Will I be able travel back in time"

What? I thought that one fit well.

Sorry, but not only is it grammatically incorrect, it also doesn't flow well.

I fail to see how it's grammatically incorrect. Show me how it is.

I'll do you something better. I'll knock out two birds with one stone.

I'll propose a revision: "If I were (to) travel back in time." Here in the brackets is what you were missing in your original line: a preposition. Without it, the lyrics don't flow well. And even if you did insert it in your original line, it STILL wouldn't flow because you wouldn't be able to hit the "travel back in time" bit on the beat (which is the important part of the song). That's why I proposed a revision. Not only does it flow better, it still makes sense with your vision of the song.

Ironic that the grammar nazi overlooked such a jarring detail!

!!!
If I had time to make a video of this it would be a little more convenient... and cooler

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
My last Youtube video that I released a year ago finally just got a comment....
...and it was someone advertising their channel there lol. fml.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
I just want Sonic Boom to come out just to see how the Sonic twitter is like then, in either case of the game being good or bad. There hasn't been a substantial Sonic game released since the Sonic twitter came and was memeified.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So new Pokémon.

I freaking love Wimpod's name and ability. Seriously, a pokémon with 'wimp' in its name is pretty novel. :laugh:
The others are cool too.

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Auditioned for 2 more projects recently, one on Rhuze's An Octave Higher and the other on Maddog's Undertale X Ace Attorney. There's a very high chance I'm gonna get cast in Maddog's projects, but for Rhuze's I'm just a tiny bit anxious. His work will be featured on Tyranee's YouTube channel, a channel I'm subscribed to that's well known for quality content. Even if I only get cast as an Extra, the fact that my voice would be heard on this YouTube channel will say a lot about me.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
So new Pokémon.

I freaking love Wimpod's name and ability. Seriously, a pokémon with 'wimp' in its name is pretty novel. :laugh:
The others are cool too.
Hi! I like shorts! They're Comfey and easy to wear! I wonder if the English translation of the game is going to play on that pun.

Bewear looks better here than in that leak. And the name is just amazing. I think my favorite of this bunch is still Mimikyu, though.

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Um..... Uh....
Here

It speaks for itself

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
Hat N' Clogs Hat N' Clogs all I can really say is there was much rolling involved. :p

I'm a poor source of judgement on competitive matters.

EDIT: I meant to post this in the Bob some thread.

Aren't I the bonehead now. :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom