• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Funny question.

Is it possible to kill a thread with a single post?
Well, I go to college in Texas. Want me to contact some of my friends down there and see if they had any luck?

I haven't found any in Minnesota yet either.

:037:
You can. I'll be going to Abilene in a month and will pass by San Antonio, Fredrisckburg, and Dallas, so maybe I'll have some luck

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So I have a question to all those that go on Pixiv to find pictures and have possibly used them as avatars.

Many of the artists on that website state in their bios that they do not want anyone reposting their art on other sites unless they are given credit, though some of them do not want it at all.

What if you were to use a picture they drew as an avatar for a forum like Smashboards? Is that still not permissible? Would you still need to provide some sort of link to the original artist if you decide to use one of their artworks as an avatar, or would it be considered unnecessary since you're technically not reposting their art?

The reason why I'm asking this is because I've seen some pretty cool artworks of characters I like on Pixiv lately. I'm thinking about using some of them as an avatar on this site for the future, but I've heard how many Pixiv arts don't want their work being reposted, so that's why I ask.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So I have a question to all those that go on Pixiv to find pictures and have possibly used them as avatars.

Many of the artists on that website state in their bios that they do not want anyone reposting their art on other sites unless they are given credit, though some of them do not want it at all.

What if you were to use a picture they drew as an avatar for a forum like Smashboards? Is that still not permissible? Would you still need to provide some sort of link to the original artist if you decide to use one of their artworks as an avatar, or would it be considered unnecessary since you're technically not reposting their art?

The reason why I'm asking this is because I've seen some pretty cool artworks of characters I like on Pixiv lately. I'm thinking about using some of them as an avatar on this site for the future, but I've heard how many Pixiv arts don't want their work being reposted, so that's why I ask.
I usually get images from other imageboards like zerochan.com

Hunting on Pixiv is harder as there is no quality control. Though, I generally give the artist a follow on Pixiv or Twitter, if I like their art that much.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

They posted it on the internet. They should acknowledge that someone will use their artwork regardless of permission.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I usually get images from other imageboards like zerochan.com

Hunting on Pixiv is harder as there is no quality control. Though, I generally give the artist a follow on Pixiv or Twitter, if I like their art that much.
I haven't used Zerochan very much, but I'll probably start checking that site more often.

Yeah, finding the right art on Pixiv can be a pain. By default, artwork is arranged based on date, starting from the most recent works, and if you want to search artwork based on popularity, you have to upgrade and pay for Pixiv premium. I've only followed one artist on Pixiv because he draws some of my favorite Pokemon pretty well, but I think I'm going to try revisiting some of the other artworks I liked on Pixiv to give some follows.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well, the White Mage texture hack was more trying to be a reference to the White Mage that appeared in Mario Hoops 3-on-3 and Mario Sports Mix.

Of course, on my texture hack, the hair is a lighter pink color, while the dress rims and shoes are a darker red color. I tried to replicate the eye and jewelry colors the best I could as well.

Anyway, in regards to texture hack representation, it doesn't exactly help when you have competition against the other GAMEBANANA users. That website has rules against duplicate submissions, as one of my own submissions got trashed, because of that offense. There are even some texture hacks that I wanted to do, but I can't submit them, because someone else already beat me to the punch with the ideas.

I should probably point out right now that I used to do texture hacks for Super Smash Bros. Brawl, along with Mario Kart Wii, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Sports Mix, and Mario Party 9.
Maybe you can find an alternate site to post your own versions of certain textures. You'd think Brawl vault would have a Smash 4 section, but I guess not.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Oh please don't. My premium expires this month and this place is my only fallback until I can get premium again, if I decide to.

But if you do, thanks.
I bet they'll just start a new social thread like they always do after 2000 pages.

If not, you COULD join us in the Forum Games section of the site.

:037:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I bet they'll just start a new social thread like they always do after 2000 pages.
At this point, you'd just be necroing the thread. Just let it die. There are other more active socials on this fourm y'all could migrate to. Just saying.

If not, you COULD join us in the Forum Games section of the site.
I might go take a peek over there. *shrugs*

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Tell me when Canada gets it, that's all I care about.
That's rather odd. I though it would have been released there by now (and I had assumed that, oops)

Canada should be relatively easy to cover given the small population. Well, at least you'll get it before me, so there's that. :p

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Anyone else watching the Tekken 7 matches at EVO? It was cool to see 2 Americans at top 8. But damn, I was hoping to see one of them win.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Metal Shop X Metal Shop X
Just finished episode 15.
The second part, where Oz finally finds Alice, and Cheshire cat becomes that monster....
I was crying through that part. ;_;

Especially when Cheshire Cat getting attacked by Xerxes while you can see him crying... that was really sad...

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Metal Shop X Metal Shop X
Just finished episode 15.
The second part, where Oz finally finds Alice, and Cheshire cat becomes that monster....
I was crying through that part. ;_;

Especially when Cheshire Cat getting attacked by Xerxes while you can see him crying... that was really sad...
I know right? I cried too. ;_;
I told you that this series was more than what it seem at first! And it's only the begin!
Tough really, that scene is so powerful in the anime because of this song.
It's just....
-Pandora-Hearts-Episode-4-Rendezvous-pandora-hearts-15586144-704-396.jpg

*Snif*...So beautiful...
Anyway, you are already at 2/4 of the Anime. But just that you remember that, the Anime is only a fraction of the manga. There is ALOT more that you are going to miss if you don't watch the Manga.

Last edited:

The-Power-Within

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterSword06
3DS FC
0447-7094-2346

Well, it's 2016. Last time I checked, there's no 100% cure for cancer, there are no settlements or major human cities on the moon that I know of and I don't see world peace at all - I do see ISIS killing a ton of innocent people pretty commonly in the news, though. Also nothing was said about Pokemon GO. So yeah. :4dedede:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Mega Man in winner's final!!!!! Go in! Super Fighting Robot! MEGAMAN!!!

Wily ain't ****! Lemon's forever!

:4megaman: We're the Rockmen!!! :4megaman:

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
By 2015 we should had Hoverboards and Evangelions.
**** this timeline.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

Well, it's 2016. Last time I checked, there's no 100% cure for cancer, there are no settlements or major human cities on the moon that I know of and I don't see world peace at all - I do see ISIS killing a ton of innocent people pretty commonly in the news, though. Also nothing was said about Pokemon GO. So yeah. :4dedede:
This just goes to show that you can never really predict the future. You may predict a drier than average summer, but you can't predict that a drought is actually going to happen.

Right now, parts of central and western New York are under a severe drought, while parts of eastern New York have not been hit so hard by the dry weather.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
By 2015 we should had Hoverboards and Evangelions.
**** this timeline.
By past 199X, we should have got super fighting robot.
**** reality.

Last edited:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Afternoon, folks.

Well Pokémon GO COULD be considered a "kind of" peace (stupid people and security issues notwithstanding). Not the peace we desperately need, but when was the last time the human population got together because of common interests?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom