• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Main thing to me is, how is it going to be a Fighting type as a seal with no hands or feet? I suppose not having arms didn't stop Torchic, but I don't think that thing's going to evolve legs.
Elephant seals.

Just...elephant seals. Terrifying when they fight, man.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Woah.... Things sure are slow here....

Its time for the take over :evil:

Last edited:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
image.jpg

I don't know who has control of Nintendo's Twitter but this is not okay.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
How has the new Ace Attorney trailer not gotten any attention on this thread?

Well, anyway, here it is.
Because I've already been hyped about it in other threads, and because the trailer doesn't give any new info other than the Western release date.

Where is my Great Ace Attorney? Thats the only one I care for
Doesn't look like it's happening, unfortunately. But AA6 has Maya, so if they handle her return properly that should just about make up for it for me

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Aww sad face :034: And I like watching people play that game, too. I wonder why its not coming over
It's a spin off, Capcom doesn't want to be risky about it. So it just stays in Japan. They did the same for "Miles Edgeworth - Ace Attorney : Investigations 2" I think.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I've haven't been here for a week, I think, How's everyone?

It's a spin off, Capcom doesn't want to be risky about it. So it just stays in Japan. They did the same for "Miles Edgeworth - Ace Attorney : Investigations 2" I think.
Afaik, the first AAI sold below expectations, so they decided to not localise the second one.

:231:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I am doing okay, I guess.

I told my boss I was quitting yesterday...that was fun. >_>

I've started to actually play Perfect Cherry Blossom....jeez, stage 4 is a pain.

I know you probably didn't mean that for me but I can't stand to just sit here and let your post hang there like that

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I am doing okay, I guess.

I told my boss I was quitting yesterday...that was fun. >_>

I've started to actually play PCB....jeez, stage 4 is a pain.

I know you probably didn't mean that for me but I can't stand to just sit here and let your post hang there like that
Given the nature of the thread, I'd only say that my post has gone unanswered if there are no replies for at least 12 hours. :p

Red-White

Smash Apprentice
I haven't been online in so long that I don't even really care about smash 4 anymore, and for some reason I'm pranked now. You guys think it's funny to prank those who are sleeping?

And I'll ask it again. Where are the knives...?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
I removed my wisdom teeth!
Well, two of them actually. I'm going to get the two ones on the left side of my mouth out during school vacation.
It was completely painless (except for the anesthesia, but that wasn't too bad). I'm having to do some really annoying procedures, such as taking 3 pills at 7 AM, not being able to use straws or spit and having a very restricted "diet", but I'm fine.
Also I'm now League of Legends trash so yay I guess.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/05/nintendo_is_getting_into_the_movie_business
Well this is uh, something.
Just make sure they're good movies.

EDIT: Nintendo is apparently not looking at live action movies.
https://twitter.com/serkantoto/status/731988215058432000
What became of that leaked Super Mario Bros Sony movie? Did it turn out to be fake?

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Go to Sakuya.

What became of that leaked Super Mario Bros Sony movie? Did it turn out to be fake?
Probably. If their first movie is being made in-house and will be out in the few years then that one was either fake or fell through.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Finally a prank I sent got activated.

Considering my luck, the victim will get Premium in less than a week.

jarbAin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4124-6082-4371

Amberloo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sashaloo
3DS FC
1203-9998-9799
I'm really looking forward to seeing what Nintendo does with movies. It's really silly when people are like, "B-but what about past video game movi-" LIKE SHUT UP that was 20+ years ago and video games are a much more mainstream and respected thing now, and the quality of animation these days is beyond absurdly good. I could see Nintendo partnering with companies like Pixar, Ghibli, and DreamWorks. And while the Pikmin shorts were very, uh... well, short, they were highly entertaining and looked amazing. It's also just a good way in general for Nintendo to spread its IP more, plus they'd likely make dang good money off of movies.

There are some that I think would work better as an episodic series, i.e. Fire Emblem comes to mind. I mean, all anyone talks about when Game of Thrones is mentioned is, "Who died this week?" What's FE known for- oh right, its perma-death mechanic. Of course, you'd have people trying to restart the episode... But y'know, you could have characters die without people feeling robbed because of ****ty RNG and enemy units randomly appearing and moving on the same turn (yes that was the worst part of Awakening). I think Zelda would work better as a series as well, imagining it as focusing on the kingdom as a whole rather than just Link.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Given development is going to be in-house, I think we can we can rest assured about the quality.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
A series of short TV episodes involving Rosalina and the Lumas could be interesting if done correctly. It would be even more neat if the series utilized the same anime art style as Pokemon.

The TV episodes would be lifestyle focused, and I did think of some examples...
  1. Three Lumas try to make a cake for Rosalina, but their inexperience leads to a big mess in the kitchen.
  2. Rosalina and a Luma head to a laundromat to do laundry. The Luma then plays around with some other kids who are with their parents, but their mischief soon gets them into trouble with the grown-ups.
  3. Hoping to save an orphanage from being closed down, Rosalina and the Lumas decide to sell special cupcakes that they've composed, but the increased demand for them soon requires them to expand their business.
  4. While watching a baseball game with Rosalina, a Luma manages to catch a baseball, but it gets stolen by a baseball obsessed Koopa Troopa, who was also trying to catch the baseball. Mad, the Luma fights against the Koopa Troopa to get the baseball back, despite Rosalina telling it to let the baseball go.
  5. When Santa Claus injures his back while delivering some presents to the Comet Observatory, he finds himself in a huge pickle. Noticing the incident, two Lumas notify Rosalina, and they try to help Santa by delivering the remaining presents on his behalf. This is a 2-part episode.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I'm not worried about the quality of Nintendo's movies after how polished the Pikmin shorts were. They shared the quality and simplicity of most Pixar shorts. Nintendo has a variety of IPs to work with that can produce quality stories (e.g. a Metroid horror/suspense film in CGi would work).

jarbAin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4124-6082-4371
Not sure if any of you remember, but during this years April's fools day, in smashwiki there was a joke article about "Nintendo Cinematic Universe" which I found pretty humorous under current events. Of course Nintendo had not announced this movie thing back then.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
I'm really looking forward to seeing what Nintendo does with movies. It's really silly when people are like, "B-but what about past video game movi-" LIKE SHUT UP that was 20+ years ago and video games are a much more mainstream and respected thing now, and the quality of animation these days is beyond absurdly good. I could see Nintendo partnering with companies like Pixar, Ghibli, and DreamWorks. And while the Pikmin shorts were very, uh... well, short, they were highly entertaining and looked amazing. It's also just a good way in general for Nintendo to spread its IP more, plus they'd likely make dang good money off of movies.

There are some that I think would work better as an episodic series, i.e. Fire Emblem comes to mind. I mean, all anyone talks about when Game of Thrones is mentioned is, "Who died this week?" What's FE known for- oh right, its perma-death mechanic. Of course, you'd have people trying to restart the episode... But y'know, you could have characters die without people feeling robbed because of ****ty RNG and enemy units randomly appearing and moving on the same turn (yes that was the worst part of Awakening). I think Zelda would work better as a series as well, imagining it as focusing on the kingdom as a whole rather than just Link.
Wasn't there a very, very old Fire Emblem anime?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Not sure if any of you remember, but during this years April's fools day, in smashwiki there was a joke article about "Nintendo Cinematic Universe" which I found pretty humorous under current events. Of course Nintendo had not announced this movie thing back then.
I remember. Mario Wiki and Pikmin Wiki also went with the joke. Not sure if any other NIWA wikis did.

Professor Gravy

I've got a PhD in delicious
I haven't been online in so long that I don't even really care about smash 4 anymore, and for some reason I'm pranked now. You guys think it's funny to prank those who are sleeping?

I've never really cared about smash 4, but thats never stopped me from posting on here

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Wasn't there a very, very old Fire Emblem anime?
There was. It was a two-episode OVA series based on the very first FE game. It only adapts up to about the start of the third chapter, though.

The strangest thing is that this anime was dubbed and released in English long before any of the actual games made it to the US.

Bluehaven

Smash Lurker
3DS FC
1177-9167-4164
Looks like someone's starting to go the route of #Sonic_Hedgehog.
One of my favorite tweets from them was when they had a supposed preview of the Sonic movie and it turned out to be a link to the Super Mario Bros movie.
I may not be a Sonic fan, but I even I got to laugh at that. :laugh:

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
One of my favorite tweets from them was when they had a supposed preview of the Sonic movie and it turned out to be a link to the Super Mario Bros movie.
I may not be a Sonic fan, but I even I got to laugh at that. :laugh:
Not cool at all. Did they even have any idea of how much people they could traumatize?

Red-White

Smash Apprentice
I've never really cared about smash 4, but thats never stopped me from posting on here
Well it's more "happening" than the melee social thread from the looks of things, but it was sort of a combination of me not being interested in smash 4 and also me not being interested in anything with the word "social" in it.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
A series of short TV episodes involving Rosalina and the Lumas could be interesting if done correctly. It would be even more neat if the series utilized the same anime art style as Pokemon.

The TV episodes would be lifestyle focused, and I did think of some examples...
  1. Three Lumas try to make a cake for Rosalina, but their inexperience leads to a big mess in the kitchen.
  2. Rosalina and a Luma head to a laundromat to do laundry. The Luma then plays around with some other kids who are with their parents, but their mischief soon gets them into trouble with the grown-ups.
  3. Hoping to save an orphanage from being closed down, Rosalina and the Lumas decide to sell special cupcakes that they've composed, but the increased demand for them soon requires them to expand their business.
  4. While watching a baseball game with Rosalina, a Luma manages to catch a baseball, but it gets stolen by a baseball obsessed Koopa Troopa, who was also trying to catch the baseball. Mad, the Luma fights against the Koopa Troopa to get the baseball back, despite Rosalina telling it to let the baseball go.
  5. When Santa Claus injures his back while delivering some presents to the Comet Observatory, he finds himself in a huge pickle. Noticing the incident, two Lumas notify Rosalina, and they try to help Santa by delivering the remaining presents on his behalf. This is a 2-part episode.
But why Rosalina and the Lumas? These scenarios are typical sitcom plots, yet are incredibly out of character for this setting. Why does Rosalina have to wash clothes? Why does she go to a baseball game? She's the queen of the cosmos, near godlike power, she's not going to spend time doing crap like that. A slice of life series would be better in a game series that could have fun with the tropes while remaining in their world and still being able to provide humor. Splatoon comes to mind as a prime example:

1. An early-level inkling watching a ranked turf war sneaks in to try to prove his worth against top players.
2. An inkling is attempting to choose a weapon from Sheldon's shop, only to be completely inadequate, much to Sheldon's dismay.
3. Wondering why Judd sleeps so long, a bunch of Inklings try to wake him up. Gives us more insight on Judd through his dreams or something.
4. A jellyfish tries to get some shopping in at Arowana Mall, unsuspectingly interrupting a turf war.

EDIT: That isn't to say Rosalina isn't capable of starring in a series of shorts. Hand-drawn shorts recapping her Storybook would be sweet af.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom