• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Skyworld Hub - "Soaring through the Skys"

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

ShadowSlashX

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShadowSlash17
3DS FC
0216-0883-7959
GGs!!! It was awesome having some nice offstage battles. Don't find those on FG too often.

Sorry I left, my grandparents showed up. I can keep playing now if you're willing tho.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Ftilt
238%, 198% (Dark Pit, sour)
174%, 144% (Dark Pit, sweet)
198%, 159% (Pit, sour)
144%, 113% (Pit, sweet)

I'm not making this up, I swear. :p

Fsmash
108%, 83% (Just the second hit for consistency)

And I keep forgetting how powerful Fsmash is.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Ftilt
198%, 159% (Pit, sour)
144%, 113% (Pit, sweet)

Fsmash

I'm gonna test this out just in case

SilverWolfLaguz

Smash Journeyman
Bum****, FL (Heart forever in Massachusetts)
NNID
Dante_Galileo
Ftilt
198%, 159% (Pit, sour)
144%, 113% (Pit, sweet)

Fsmash

Sometimes I find myself thinking "Man this attack really isn't fair" regarding fsmash. Then I use it anyways.

SilverWolfLaguz

Smash Journeyman
Bum****, FL (Heart forever in Massachusetts)
NNID
Dante_Galileo
If you use it on shield, it's your own fault~ ;3
Funny story on FG time!

I was fighting Falcon, he got the first kill, but I manage to get him offstage without taking damage. He grabs the ledge, and I turn so my back is facing him.

SWL's thoughts: "The second you get up, I am going to fsmash you in the face. PLEASE DON'T FALL FOR THIS SIMPLE MINDGAME."
-Falcon does get up, and I immediately turn around with fsmash, KO'ing the living meme machine-
SWL's thoughts: "PALUTENADAMNIT WHY DID YOU FALL FOR IT"

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Funny story on FG time!

I was fighting Falcon, he got the first kill, but I manage to get him offstage without taking damage. He grabs the ledge, and I turn so my back is facing him.

SWL's thoughts: "The second you get up, I am going to fsmash you in the face. PLEASE DON'T FALL FOR THIS SIMPLE MINDGAME."
-Falcon does get up, and I immediately turn around with fsmash, KO'ing the living meme machine-
SWL's thoughts: "PALUTENADAMNIT WHY DID YOU FALL FOR IT"
Try winning a match by doing nothing but either Ryu's light attack/up tilt or Pit's/Dark Pit's Upperdash/Electroshock until they rage quit and kill themselves or actually get ko'd.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Friends hijacked the Wii U so I have to take a break from data collection.

Might as well talk about what I'm going to do after that. Basically I'm going to make a patch checklist. (Hope I didn't just jinx myself. :/) I'm going to sort all of Pit's moves by KO% and write down the damage they deal next to them. That way we can test the KB and damage quickly and efficiently when the patch rolls around, which will give me more time to check frame data and stuff before I give my buddy's 3DS back.

ShadowSlashX

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShadowSlash17
3DS FC
0216-0883-7959
Ay GGs @ShadowSlashX~ :happysheep:

Those were some fun games. But lag and rage had to ruin some moments >_____>
Yeah GGs. You gave me a lot of ideas to improve my game. I hope we can have a few matches again sometime.

Lag is always annoying, but I guess I'll have to make do since I don't really have local people to play with.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Yeah GGs. You gave me a lot of ideas to improve my game. I hope we can have a few matches again sometime.

Lag is always annoying, but I guess I'll have to make do since I don't really have local people to play with.
I could play you. Need to work on my ZSS and Rob anyways.

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
So in my frustration in trying to learn ZSS, I turned tap jump back on today.

But you know what? I set my tilts to C-stick so I never use Up + A to do tilts anyway, so why wouldn't I have tap jump on?

I've already found that I can do DAirs immediately after a jump which makes them much more efficient than jumping with X and then pressing inputs, because by then I'm already falling and incur landing lag. Now it's a lot easier.

So hey, if ZSS doesn't work out, Dark Pit just got better.

EDIT: Actually guys, I'm about to turn it back off because I can't do short hop UAirs

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Jump on a shoulder is a godsend for me. Little fidgety with the GC's shoulder buttons, but I almost never use the default jump buttons. I also set the C-stick to tilts and almost exclusively use it for aerials, and have A+B smash on for pivot smashes. (I think it makes it easier, anyway.)

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
Jump on a shoulder is a godsend for me. Little fidgety with the GC's shoulder buttons, but I almost never use the default jump buttons. I also set the C-stick to tilts and almost exclusively use it for aerials, and have A+B smash on for pivot smashes. (I think it makes it easier, anyway.)
Maybe I should try that out. I actually just discovered you can do FSmash out of running animation like two days ago lol. But I'm not consistent with it via regular inputs

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
And I'm just here with the default controls on my dinky gamepad :estatic:

And tap jump goes in the trash

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
But isn't it harder to play smash on 3DS 'cause no :GCCN: and circle pad abuse? :/

Or maybe 3DS FG is just more scrubby
Last time I used Smash 3DS in general, not a single scrub in sight, maybe they all went to the Wii U version to be try hards and taunt alot, while using alot of fowl language and racism.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Maybe I should try that out. I actually just discovered you can do FSmash out of running animation like two days ago lol. But I'm not consistent with it via regular inputs
That's a step-forward smash. You can do it backwards too. An actual pivot smash is smashing during the pivot animation like a pivot tilt or jab. A+B smash makes it easier because you can cancel the first frame of a jab or ftilt into a smash, if I remember right. Otherwise you need to be really precise with your A timing. It's also useful for walking forward and smashing.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Besides Nairo, Marcbri, and Pink Fresh, who else plays an actual good Pit/Dark Pit?

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Found some general tech for ya' guys. Now the grab button is actually a macro for attack (1 frame) and shield as long as it's held. This can be utilized in situations where we don't want to hold attack. If you crouch and immediately cancel it into a dsmash it won't charge at all and thus come out quicker, although you can't press it as quick as you'd press a normal attack button because you'll end up grabbing. Cancel a jump with grab and you'll usmash, but again you have to be careful with the timing. Then you can use it for jabs that automatically progress when holding attack, like to only use one cycle of a jab infinite.

And the Arms break shields at about half, like I said. I actually have no clue if they deal extra shield damage... Fsmash does 12ish% and the Arms 11ish% and it looks about the same. Then I compared it to a bunch of other things and it looked similar. Smash 4 shields are just weak from the looks of it.

Back to the KO% project for me. Or sleep.

Top Bottom