• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Skyworld Hub - "Soaring through the Skys"

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
My insomnia keeps me up anyway... Most of the time. If I'm not here late at night then I'm chatting with friends. Past few days have been later then usual, but not really that much.

Silly things like this have kept me up in the past, so I'm better off getting it over with. Thankfully if it's something I can't feasibly do it won't stay in my mind and I'll rest easy.
:4pit::4palutena::4darkpit:Respect:4darkpit::4palutena::4pit:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Just realized school is upon us
:pit::4pit::cheep::sadsheep::happysheep:
Rapped
Universal
Nairo

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Something came up and my friend had to leave before I finished testing...

Sadly, it seems to be a dead end. Fair just doesn't work, and Nair and Uair only work on specific hitboxes. Third Nair hitbox at high rage leads to combos, and the second Uair hitbox at low rage oddly seem to be all there is to find if I remember right. My notes kinda got erased. -___-

The thing is that just about every hitbox on Pit's aerials has different KB angles, and since it switches every few frames, it's just about impossible to make consistent uses of it.

If anybody else wants to have a crack at it, I'd go against Mewtwo and Captain Falcon because they're tall and then either light or heavy without being too huge.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Something came up and my friend had to leave before I finished testing...

Sadly, it seems to be a dead end. Fair just doesn't work, and Nair and Uair only work on specific hitboxes. Third Nair hitbox at high rage leads to combos, and the second Uair hitbox at low rage oddly seem to be all there is to find if I remember right. My notes kinda got erased. -___-

The thing is that just about every hitbox on Pit's aerials has different KB angles, and since it switches every few frames, it's just about impossible to make consistent uses of it.

If anybody else wants to have a crack at it, I'd go against Mewtwo and Captain Falcon because they're tall and then either light or heavy without being too huge.
Once again, respect for doing all this work.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
How does Lancer stay awake for all this?

Does he drink coffee and Mountain Dew? :emptysheep:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

He lives in a giant hot spring with floor ice cream everywhere and pics of Palutena hanging across...somewhere I guess.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Once again, respect for doing all this work.
Thanks. Realized I didn't say anything earlier... So thanks again. :p

Hard work and determination. And actual sleep issues. :estatic:

Really though guys... I'm always on the lookout for new things to test an analyze. The angels aren't that complicated mechanically, so basically all I can do is the... Well, basics. I'm willing to test just about anything if ya' want. Next idea of mine is some form of priority list, but not only will it take forever because there's a ton of moves to go over, by the time I'm done I'll have another character or two to go over and a ton of them will have changed. I'd much rather wait until the patches stop before doing something like that.

SilverWolfLaguz

Smash Journeyman
Bum****, FL (Heart forever in Massachusetts)
NNID
Dante_Galileo
I'm contemplating saying "No, **** that" against speedsters (ZSS, Sheik, etc) and picking up a speedy character of my own as a secondary against these characters. I'm down to Pikachu or Fox now; I don't like Falcon or Sonic, ZSS didn't click with me, and as for Sheik well I just didn't like using her (made me feel like such a tool). What do you guys think?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I just found out that Reset Bomb Forest is a counter pick stage for the 3DS version, yet Skyworld isn't even legal. Both good and bad considering Halberd and Castle Siege are legal, and the first has two hazards to it that people can use against eachother.
I'm contemplating saying "No, **** that" against speedsters (ZSS, Sheik, etc) and picking up a speedy character of my own as a secondary against these characters. I'm down to Pikachu or Fox now; I don't like Falcon or Sonic, ZSS didn't click with me, and as for Sheik well I just didn't like using her (made me feel like such a tool). What do you guys think?
Fox and Sonic(sometimes)I play, ZSS I started to use cause of Nairo(always thought I'd never get her down before seeing him use her), Pikachu and Shiek spam, and Falcon I'm getting extremely sick of. Everyone wants to dair you or knee of justice just to style.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
RSBF isn't that bad. The Lurchthorn is pretty easy to avoid (and I believe isn't random) and really only does damage, so the real problem is the really high bottom blastzone.

Skyworld shouldn't be legal, ever. It's too hard to get kills and then the ledges are cheesy.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The NX already has a game for it, Dragon Quest(I think), also for 3DS and PS4(the anime systems). Hopefully, DBZ games on Nintendo can finally come out in America(besides the new one).
RSBF isn't that bad. The Lurchthorn is pretty easy to avoid (and I believe isn't random) and really only does damage, so the real problem is the really high bottom blastzone.

Skyworld shouldn't be legal, ever. It's too hard to get kills and then the ledges are cheesy.
Now I kinda want RSBF to be a stage in Smash Wii U as DLC, and add the original Wrath of the Reset Bomb to it, so KI could have a legal stage that can be played in tournaments.

I've never had a problem with kos on Skyworld, not even Palutena's Temple(even though we all know that will never be a legal stage).

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Do you think Skyworld would be legal if the top platform was removed and the remaining platforms acted normally?
Probably. Maybe Sakurai will ban all stages except the Kid Icarus ones for it to be legal

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Make the bottom platform a normal FD shape, make the top permanently clouds, and keep the sides breakable but take much longer to respawn and it would probably be legal.

Palutena's Temple is probably the best omega, though, since it doesn't have the obnoxious background and the underside slant is huge. Ironically, FD's background is good for Pit because his arrows become invisible.

Speaking of which, white omega Dream Land on 3DS makes Pit's arrows just about invisible. :bee:

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Are you guys really thinking that :skyworld: should be legal?

The ledges are just disgusting and you can't grab onto the clouds

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Make the bottom platform a normal FD shape, make the top permanently clouds, and keep the sides breakable but take much longer to respawn and it would probably be legal.

Palutena's Temple is probably the best omega, though, since it doesn't have the obnoxious background and the underside slant is huge. Ironically, FD's background is good for Pit because his arrows become invisible.

Speaking of which, white omega Dream Land on 3DS makes Pit's arrows just about invisible. :bee:
No omega can beat Palutena Temple omega, Temple and Suzaku Castle come close though. Still find it ironic that Suzaku Castle is most likely to get banned.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
I used to go on Pally's Temple omega all the time

Then I saw Dreamland 64 omega

And FD itself has some good music too

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Alot of stages omega or not can screw people over. Halberd has the Lazer and cannonball that screws people over, and that's still legal. We could always test out the stages that aren't legal and figure out why completely(except Pilotwings)

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Alot of stages omega or not can screw people over. Halberd has the Lazer and cannonball that screws people over, and that's still legal. We could always test out the stages that aren't legal and figure out why completely(except Pilotwings)
But Halberd's hazards are pretty straight forward and easy to avoid

You can SDI the laser

And the bomb is really slow and predictable

I think the only thing people have against it is the low ceiling (but it's their fault for not banning it) and the ship's ledges

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
But Halberd's hazards are pretty straight forward and easy to avoid

You can SDI the laser

And the bomb is really slow and predictable

I think the only thing people have against it is the low ceiling (but it's their fault for not banning it) and the ship's ledges
I don't think anyone can SDI if they get thrown right when it starts and kos them. The ledges on that ship annoys me more than Yellow Devil and Ridley(sorta).

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054

How to make it legal, yeah.

Pilotwings is broke. Pit especially can camp it way too hard for it to be viable. Red plane you stay near the body of the plane below the top wing, yellow you camp the wheels.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
I don't think anyone can SDI if they get thrown right when it starts and kos them. The ledges on that ship annoys me more than Yellow Devil and Ridley(sorta).
Some guide on SB said:
Layout
Halberd is technically a transforming stage, although realistically it doesn't change all that much. In general, the stage consists of a main platform with a single standard platform floating over the center. The stage alternates between flying around Meta Knight's ship, the Halberd, and coming to land on the Halberd's deck. When flying, the main platform has a shallow dip in the center and can be jumped through from below. When on the deck, the ship itself serves as the main platform, and is predictably flat and solid, with walled sides. The lips of the deck are oddly shaped and can trap players attempting to recover from deep under the ledge, but otherwise can be used to guide recoveries.

Fighters spawn inside the Halberd's hangar prior to takeoff. Players 1 and 2 start near the edge of where the main platform will emerge, while Players 3 and 4 start closer to the middle. The Omega form floats over a void.

Halberd has a notable stage hazard in the Combo Cannon, present on the ship's deck. It can also leave players behind when taking off from the hangar or the Halberd's deck, killing them.

Flight Plan
As previously noted, the stage begins in the Halberd's hangar. The main platform setup emerges from the ground and takes off shortly afterward. The stage spends some time flying around the Halberd in the sky before landing on the deck, where it spends more time before taking off again. The cycle of flight and landing repeats until the match is over, but the stage never returns to the original hangar.

Name|Picture|Notes
Hangar|
|The initial stage setup at match start.
Takeoff Warning|
|Warning sirens accompany the background sign. The Halberd takes off 12 seconds after match start. Players left behind are killed.
In Flight|
|The stage spends 1 minute and 20 seconds flying around the Halberd. The main platform here can be jumped through from below. The time spent in this phase is consistent for each cycle except the first, which is a bit shorter than the rest. Possibly the time in the hanger is meant to make up the difference, as the stage consistently lands on the Halberd for the first time after 1 minute and 20 seconds total have elapsed since match start.
Halberd Deck|
|The stage spends a variable amount of time here, ranging from 1 minute and 20 seconds to 1 minute and 40 seconds. The Combo Cannon in the background periodically attacks the players. Players have 5 seconds to get on the platform when the stage takes off again, or they will be killed as the stage departs.
To summarize: The stage cycles from Hanger > In Flight > Halberd Deck > In Flight > Halberd Deck > . . . until the match is over.

Combo Cannon
While on the Halberd's deck, the Combo Cannon presents a threat to both players. Every so often it fires one of its three weapons, although there is no particular order or pattern to which one it uses. The cannon pauses for 15-20 seconds between each attack, and the stage will never transition away from the deck while it is active.

Name|Picture|Notes
Bomb|
|Telegraphed by the cannon glowing red and firing a single bomb. Does not aim at any particular player, instead firing at a random point over the stage. Detonates in midair roughly level with the secondary platform. Players caught in the middle of the blast take 30% damage, players hit by the edge take 20% damage. Can kill Mario from the middle of the secondary platform at 100%. Location of explosion and direction of knockback both influence kill percent when closer to the edges.
Claw|
|Telegraphed by the sound of machinery and the claw wiggling around in the background. While wiggling around, the claw faces the general direction of the player it will aim at, although if players are in close proximity to each other it can still end up being ambiguous. Does 10% on hit and can kill Mario from center stage at 135%.
Laser|
|Telegraphed by a beeping noise and a large green targeting crosshair over the player it's aiming at. A second or two before firing, the crosshair stops moving, the beeping intensifies, and the laser audibly charges. Players hit by the full blast take 37% damage. Mario hit by the full blast is killed from center stage at 90%. The laser is multihit (35 hits in all) and susceptible to SDI .
Meta Knight would like to thank Kirby for being such a convenient target willing volunteer.

Summary
  • Stage takes off at 12 second mark.
  • Stage flies around Halberd for 1:20.
  • Stage lands on Halberd for 1:20-1:40, exact time varies.
  • Stage alternates between flight and landing, does not return to hangar.
  • Combo Cannon attacks with bomb, claw, or laser, with 15-20 seconds in between attacks.
  • Bomb does not aim at players, does 20% sourspot or 30% sweetspot, kills Mario at 100%.
  • Claw aims at a player, ambiguous if two or more are close together, does 10% and kills Mario at 135%.
  • Laser aims at a player, visible crosshair, does 37% and kills Mario at 90%, can SDI out.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Guess you can SDI, seems a bit hard depending on the player's skill. You might be the smartest 13 year old I've talked to so far.
Pilotwings is broke. Pit especially can camp it way too hard for it to be viable. Red plane you stay near the body of the plane below the top wing, yellow you camp the wheels.
I wouldn't say Pilotwings is broken, it's just has to many twists and turns. When SilverWolfLaguz and I played sometime ago, Pilotwings screwed both of us over. I had it worse since I was Dr.Mario and he was Pittoo. Glad it was banned

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Guess you can SDI, seems a bit hard depending on the player's skill. You might be the smartest 13 year old I've talked to so far.

I wouldn't say Pilotwings is broken, it's just has to many twists and turns. When SilverWolfLaguz and I played sometime ago, Pilotwings screwed both of us over. I had it worse since I was Dr.Mario and he was Pittoo. Glad it was banned
All you got to do is practice~ :happysheep:

Just remember to do fast inputs like :GCL::GCUL::GCDL:

And Pilotwings is like camping city smh

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

If that stage ever became legal, end of Smash tournaments(not seriously). Still hope Reset Bomb Forest can be in Smash Wii U as dlc.

I got lucky enough to not get caught in the lazer. I would hate it if it happened to me.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Pilotwings needs to stay a stage that you play on when it's just messing around with friends/CPUs. That, and the stage for trolling,
If we ever play again before the summer ends, Pilotwings will NEVER be a competitive stage again.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054

Actually you should stick to SDIing like :GCL::GCUL::GCU::GCUR::GCR: (whichever's away) because :GCDR::GCD::GCDL: all lower KB. The downward directions can be helpful against rising multihit moves though. I believe the best thing to do is rock between either :GCR::GCUR: or :GCL::GCUL: for typical things like the lazer here or jabs. And spam jumps with characters like ours.

SilverWolfLaguz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dante_Galileo
Another funny FG story time!

-Fighting Weegee. We're both at 1 stock, but he's falling to his death when-
TIME!
Sudden death!
SWL: Aw hell naw.
-I jump off the stage, shooting arrows. I somehow end up on the opposite ledge while running when Luigi gets close, still firing arrows. One does hit, but it's uncharged-
SWL: This is bull I should just be called winner.
-While shielding the arrows, Luigi's shield breaks-
SWL: Why would you let that happen in Sudden Death. Oh well, time to punish you. But how...?
-Lightbulb! I jump off the stage... and then the bombs start raining down, one KO'ing Luigi-
SWL: THE MOST IDEAL OF PUNISHES IN THIS SCENARIO

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Actually you should stick to SDIing like :GCL::GCUL::GCU::GCUR::GCR: (whichever's away) because :GCDR::GCD::GCDL: all lower KB. The downward directions can be helpful against rising multihit moves though. I believe the best thing to do is rock between either :GCR::GCUR: or :GCL::GCUL: for typical things like the lazer here or jabs. And spam jumps with characters like ours.
I accidently used Ryu's command inputs on Pit(trying to get the laser to come to me, let alone even pop up for me), and managed to dodge the laser like a boss.
PIT CONFIRMED TOP TIER IN EVERYTHING

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

TIME!
Sudden death!
-I jump off the stage, shooting arrows. I somehow end up on the opposite ledge while running when Luigi gets close, still firing arrows. One does hit, but it's uncharged-
SWL: Why would you let that happen in Sudden Death. Oh well, time to punish you. But how...?
-Lightbulb! I jump off the stage... and then the bombs start raining down, one KO'ing Luigi-
Needs more side b

SilverWolfLaguz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dante_Galileo
I accidently used Ryu's command inputs on Pit(trying to get the laser to come to me, let alone even pop up for me), and managed to dodge the laser like a boss.
PIT CONFIRMED TOP TIER IN EVERYTHING
If the patches continue at their current type, Pit will be top tier because everyone in top and high tier will be nerfed to hell.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054

TIME!
Sudden death!
Just gave me an idea. I'll make a list of moves that kill in Sudden Death conditions, rage and freshness included.

Tonight though, I have SGDQ to watch. :bluejump:

Top Bottom