• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Silver Tongue: Move Analysis Changes and Tips

Slice~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
risuno
Egglay awesomeness just needs.the DJ cancel which we still have.

But now we can't mock the melee players anymore, saying that we still have the wavedash in brawl. Lelelel

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Yah, poor melee players :^)
Either way with how fast his DJ is (falco sheik greninja like DJ and height) we prolly just need to get used too inputting B to wavebounce or B reverse much faster.

Skull_Kid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sentenza_55
Egglay awesomeness just needs.the DJ cancel which we still have.

But now we can't mock the melee players anymore, saying that we still have the wavedash in brawl. Lelelel
oooh ok, i got it all wrong, i thought DJ cancel was gone too!

Last edited:

BBG|Scott-Spain

Smash Journeyman
I am way too excited about some of these changes. Kind of sad to see his old up-smash go, but he got a lot to make up for it.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
If you mean being able to cancel your DJ by doing anything no, Yoshi can only do any cancels and such with Neutral B just like in Brawl outside of Wavelands/DR being out for him most likely due to how fast he DJ's now.

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
Peach can DJC as well, but has no reason to use it.

Edit: Didn't want to double post, so here's a link to aMSa's thoughts on Yoshi. Among other things, Side-B in air doesn't take his jump. Though, I'm wondering if the context is starting from the stage or air. Either way, if it can be used to chase opponents off stage, that'd be a pretty cool tool. Like PM DK's dash attack but longer.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

It's too small to read :c
Blame Google+.
Basically it's just describing what's going on;
Shield
Shield > Shield-Jump
Shield > Shield-Jump > DAir
Shield > Shield-Jump > DAir > USmash.
EDIT: From what I've seen (which is very little), Yoshi's DAir gives too much lag for you to immediatley attack after it, but gives to little lag for the Opponent (around 57%) to do anything before you attack them.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Why not upload it to Imgur or something lol.
Also from a couple posts ago some nice information from Yoshi vs Greninja MU.

*If you hit Greninja's down-B (substitute counter) with Yoshi's down-B, both attacks will hit but Yoshi's down-B will win.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Why not upload it to Imgur or something lol.
Also from a couple posts ago some nice information from Yoshi vs Greninja MU.

*If you hit Greninja's down-B (substitute counter) with Yoshi's down-B, both attacks will hit but Yoshi's down-B will win.
Because I'm too lazy to make an Imgur account.
Also, PRIORITY~

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Dair Oos?

I doubt it will be that safe .-.

Bair Oos will be godlike though

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I keep reading:

• Buff
  • Buff
  • Buff
  • Buff
  • Buff
  • Buff
  • Buff

and I keep getting more excited. Looks like my main'll be a healthy choice.

...hopefully not too healthy, though...

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I keep reading:

• Buff
  • Buff
  • Buff
  • Buff
  • Buff
  • Buff
  • Buff

and I keep getting more excited. Looks like my main'll be a healthy choice.

Make Yoshi's U-Smash have the power of Lucas' and I'll be good.
Yoshi needs to be MORE OVERPOWERED.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Fixed. Unless you're talking about Lucas' Usmash with Offense up from PM, of course.
:lucas:'s Up Smash is the Most Powerful of the Up Smashes in Brawl, with :ivysaur:, :gw: and :fox:'s Up Smashes behind him.
Trust me, I did the maths.
2 + 2 = Fish.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
OK, now land one on a player in 1x1 matches.

The only legit way to land it without a hard read is after a Dtilt lock which is also hard to land lmao.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I'm pretty sure it can (somehow) Stage Spike if used near a ledge on an edge-hanger, how that is I don't know.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
yeah it can, but it's occasional. You're not going to do it every match.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Are you kidding? I'm hoping Yoshi is near Top tier this game. I want that money this time while being on the stage repping everyones favorite Green squishy Taxi.

I don't care if people hate us for using Yoshi cause he's good, there's people who hate us anyways just for using him back in Brawl. Payback *******.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Are you kidding? I'm hoping Yoshi is near Top tier this game. I want that money this time while being on the stage repping everyones favorite Green squishy Taxi.

I don't care if people hate us for using Yoshi cause he's good, there's people who hate us anyways just for using him back in Brawl. Payback *****es.
That's where we're different. I never use the top tier choice because I don't want to contribute to the metagame stagnating.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Then you can drop Yoshi and main Palutena dude, because Yoshi's going to kick asses on this game.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
So you're saying if Yoshi is top tier, despite loving the character, you won't use him because you're too insecure about yourself and scared of people trashtalking/criticizing you behind your back because you play a character you love using?

Alright then.
MK and IC in Brawl anybody who says they love the character is lying to themselves, IC only has like one or two games, and MK even with the games he's popped up in only as a villain or some side character like Kirby Air Ride. (that nobody used)
They only play em for the money. Impossible for anybody to have fun chaingrabbing or being a huge ****** as they play MK.

I think I find it even more sad added on to how my emotions are rite now that you won't even use a pokemon u like because it's broken, granted that it's Banned.

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I just hope the general balance will be even enough to where my opponents don't feel cheated should I use Yoshi and win. That's all I'm concerned about.

(I play against a lot of stupid people. But they have feelings, too.)

EDIT: You ninja'd me, Sinister Slush, but yes, that's exactly how I feel. The stigma's there whether we like it or not - a lot of people automatically choose #1 because they think it'll make them invincible, and how can I prove that's not the case with me?

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I can assure you with how Yoshi looks even with the buffs he won't be top tier, we'll be lucky enough to be high tier.
As long as we have the essentials in both match ups stages rules etc. High tier is gud enough for Yoshi to hopefully be like another Salem/ZSS to have the potential to win a national.

Also I was like that at the start of my career, but as I continued to play the game, losing to people that I feel I could beat but because they played MK Olimar Snake Diddy etc. they win most of the time cause it took less effort to destroy Yoshi and take advantage of his cons despite all the hard work and hours I practiced while they prolly just play the day before a tournament.
Why should I care about other peoples opinions on me lel.

They already did the same in previous games, scurrying to top tiers in hopes of hitting the money yet still failing to actual players that also use the top tiers or even a surprise high tier or two as they only annoy the people they won against who they shouldn't have because they used top tiers after dropping their old mains that they would've never dreamed of getting even top 8 in a regional.

To make it worse I've seen people drop other top tiers to jump onto MK.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Yeah, the thing is, I play against casuals, too.

The type of casuals who will write a seven-page essay on why you're cheating if you use one of the top five.

(And before you ask, I don't have much of a choice.)

Slice~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
risuno
Well, just keep maining Yoshi and as soon as you play against your CasFriends, just play some Rosalina or w/e instead.
Since they are only casual players, you shouldn't have any problems winning against them whoever you are playing with.
I don't see the problem and no reason at all, to totally drop Yoshi.
That's like saying you are a Gran Turismo driver but only choose a friggn Prius since it's non-meta.

Also, this discussion is probably obsolete anyways, since Yoshi won't ever be Top Tier i guess.
After all, he's Yoshi. And Yoshi is already OP since he is the ****in' coolest and cutest character in the whole Nintendo universe. Period.

Top Bottom