• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Shulk Social : Starting to feel it!

He did in fact use it as a verb, and I did miss that. Thanks. Back to some Xenoblade between Glee. Video games help satiate my missing NYC :(
Tip: Manage your DPS. You don't wanna take the aggro away from Roin

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
damage per second, basically when you're playing as FIORA you don't want to do too much damage with Lacerate and that 4 hit dagger move because otherwise all the enemies see you as a big threat and target you.

Because the combat system is basically world of warcraftss people have a tendency to queue up ALL THE MOVES which inflates your dps.

Oh, I need someone to answer this question...

Does using underwear Shulk reduce your overall performance as a Shulk player? :D

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
I think I'll make some Xenoblade videos tomorrow. I'll finally do that top 5 (maybe more) Xenoblade suicides video. I've got some really creative ones; you will all be surprised. I might as well record that ether crystal glitch too, since I'll I have the camera out.

It will have to be tomorrow because I have put off my math homework all week and it might take all of today to finish. After that, I'll need to revise/edit my paper.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Navigating colony 9; is it a sign of what is to come navigating the rest of the game, because I'm absolutely not enjoying going around being anyones errand boy in an area with a map without even the slightest of where to venture towards.

Navigating colony 9; is it a sign of what is to come navigating the rest of the game, because I'm absolutely not enjoying going around being anyones errand boy in an area with a map without even the slightest of where to venture towards.
You can choose not to do the sidequests. It helps when it isn't your style but leveling up might be more difficult

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Oh, I need someone to answer this question...

Does using underwear Shulk reduce your overall performance as a Shulk player? :D
It gives me a painful reminder that summer is ending and I'll have to endure the cold cruel winter time. His slightly tanned skin and subtle abs aren't that distracting (he's looking great), though I could see why some people would be distracted.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Definitely not, you can consider colony 9 (and tephra cave) the game's tutorial.
Exploration really begins when you hit this area (rather early on in the game):

This is the best pic I could find, but there's soooo much more to the area than this though.

For the sidequests, they are boring at first, but if you work at them they will grow more interesting. It can take a while (especially with colony 9), but you eventually start to work your town affinity up. As your affinity rises, so changes the way named people react to you in the colonies. People will start to recognize you and trust you with more important, and sometimes life changing quests.

This isn't really spoilers, so I won't spoiler it. Let's take Désirée. Early on the game all you do is fix her watch for her. You gather some blue chains, bring them to your lab, fix the watch and take it back to her. It's more like an errand. Here you learn that she's crappy with machinery, but you have no reason to care yet. Later in the game, (4.5 / 5 affinity stars needed), she trusts you enough (thanks to the quests you have done for others) to let you decide what career she will be doing for the rest of her life, since she can't decide between two. You also get a decent reward for the character that is leading the quest, but I won't spoil what that is. This is pretty significant in comparison to just fixing her watch. However, even later in the story (5 stars necessary) you do one more quest for her which is very huge in significance. This I will spoil, for it has something to do Xenoblade's storyline.
During this quest she talks about how her father ran a company called "Xord Smithy," and was killed in the Battle of Sword Valley. This finally reveals the origins of Xord; he is Désirée's father and was a blacksmith in colony 9, until he was killed, taken by the Mechon, and turned into a Face.

Last edited:

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
During this quest she talks about how her father ran a company called "Xord Smithy," and was killed in the Battle of Sword Valley. This finally reveals the origins of Xord; he is Désirée's father and was a blacksmith in colony 9, until he was killed, taken by the Mechon, and turned into a Face.
I had Désiree mention something about that company way before I had 5-stars. Maybe she brings it up again later, but I remember talking to her when I was around Alcamoth and she mentioned her father's shop by name.

Anyway, I second your point. The exploration element really kicks in at Bionis' Leg.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Anyway, I second your point. The exploration element really kicks in at Bionis' Leg.
And then you hit Eryth Sea. Surely I'm not the only one who swam around that entire ocean, right?

D

Deleted member

And then you hit Eryth Sea. Surely I'm not the only one who swam around that entire ocean, right?
I recall swimming around a good portion of it once or twice. I noticed some bizarre-looking enemies there.

Yes, King Bronado has finally posted in the social thread.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Definitely not, you can consider colony 9 (and tephra cave) the game's tutorial.
Exploration really begins when you hit this area (rather early on in the game):

This is the best pic I could find, but there's soooo much more to the area than this though.

For the sidequests, they are boring at first, but if you work at them they will grow more interesting. It can take a while (especially with colony 9), but you eventually start to work your town affinity up. As your affinity rises, so changes the way named people react to you in the colonies. People will start to recognize you and trust you with more important, and sometimes life changing quests.

This isn't really spoilers, so I won't spoiler it. Let's take Désirée. Early on the game all you do is fix her watch for her. You gather some blue chains, bring them to your lab, fix the watch and take it back to her. It's more like an errand. Here you learn that she's crappy with machinery, but you have no reason to care yet. Later in the game, (4.5 / 5 affinity stars needed), she trusts you enough (thanks to the quests you have done for others) to let you decide what career she will be doing for the rest of her life, since she can't decide between two. You also get a decent reward for the character that is leading the quest, but I won't spoil what that is. This is pretty significant in comparison to just fixing her watch. However, even later in the story (5 stars necessary) you do one more quest for her which is very huge in significance. This I will spoil, for it has something to do Xenoblade's storyline.
Thanks for that thorough response. I stopped reading right at the spoiler, and have not read the thread since as many people seem to just blurt out information that really does ruin huge parts of the game without thinking twice, so I appreciate te care you took in particularly to NOT do that.

These quests are a real turn off though. Are they always just running around? I've literally just shut the game off today because I'm tired of running around and not finding anything in the middle of trying to get five quests done. Usually in RPGs I consider these trivial things the bits I will look up and just get done to garnish the reward without wasting my actual life's time running around like some bozo in a circle.

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Thanks for that thorough response. I stopped reading right at the spoiler, and have not read the thread since as many people seem to just blurt out information that really does ruin huge parts of the game without thinking twice, so I appreciate te care you took in particularly to NOT do that.

These quests are a real turn off though. Are they always just running around? I've literally just shut the game off today because I'm tired of running around and not finding anything in the middle of trying to get five quests done. Usually in RPGs I consider these trivial things the bits I will look up and just get done to garnish the reward without wasting my actual life's time running around like some bozo in a circle.
What I usually do is pick up every quest I see and then rarely do I actively seek to complete it. Most of the quests don't require you to return to the quest-giver and I often found myself completing quests without even trying. I'll run around and do whatever I do, and sooner or later, I'll find five of those enemies to kill, or enemies will drop whatever item I'm after. The only time I personally try to finish them is for Timed Quests, quests with multiple endings, or for trying to raise Affinity with the town/city.

D

Deleted member

Google searches of most fictional woman will do that.
Not just fictional women...

link google.png

It's only a matter of time before someone calls Shulk, Reyn, or Dunban hot.

The internet is a place for people of all genders, races, religious backgrounds, etc. to express their thoughts and emotions.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
You know what else is hot?

Just look at that Hot Pocket. Now that's what I call scrumdiddlyumptious.

lmao.png

Green = Approved
Red = Questionable

Xenoblade Shulk yaoi.... Yeah, I can already tell where this is going >_____>
You know what else is hot?

Just look at that Hot Pocket. Now that's what I call scrumdiddlyumptious.
That's one delicious looking

cheese

D

Deleted member

Riki Google.png

After thinking about it, Riki is the Jar Jar Binks of Xenoblade; Monolith Soft probably tried to make him cute for the younger folk, but he ends up coming off as annoying for some. Not to mention that both characters speak in their own slang.

View attachment 26132

After thinking about it, Riki is the Jar Jar Binks of Xenoblade; Monolith Soft probably tried to make him cute for the younger folk, but he ends up coming off as annoying for some. Not to mention that both characters speak in their own slang.
But... But... :(

No. Juju is the Jar Jar. He gets in trouble all the time which is why he gets scolded all the time either by Sharla or Reyn

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

But... But... :(

No. Juju is the Jar Jar. He gets in trouble all the time which is why he gets scolded all the time either by Sharla or Reyn
Juju Binks... Someone should Photoshop Juju's head onto Jar Jar. I'm curious to see the result.

Top Bottom