• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Shulk Social : Starting to feel it!

Oh, so there IS canon precedence for it? Okay then, I take that comment back. Wait that's canon? No wonder Other M didn't sell.

I'm not automatically debunking it. I admit there's a chance it's true, but until something they're "leaking" happens, I'm gonna assume someone is using 4Chan to get their 15 minutes of fame. Not gonna be "that guy" and go after people who believe it (hell, I believed the renders leak before it was proven true), but I'm not feeling it personally.

And I'm sorry, but I LOVE how I edited my post right when you quoted me...if I had waited I coulda put that info request in this post, might have been better. But meh xD
I do that a lot except somehow, people manage to catch my edited post. I really don't know how. Must be black magic or something

Oh and
No wonder Other M didn't sell.
Nice one

Edit: I loved Other M's gameplay but everything else was bleck. Was a good 7.5 or 8 for me

In case if anyone asks...

Q : If Captain Toad is confirmed as DLC, are you gonna abandon us
A : Hell no. I think I'm probably gonna main Shulk primarily either way. I've delved to deep. Sorry @YoshiandToad , @Arcadenik , @Propeller Toad . He'll be my secondary though. I still love you guys.

Edit(2): Once it's April 1, let's make everything Juju themed for like a month and change the titles based on stupid **** Juju says

Last edited:

Enyalb

Hardcore Wonder-Casual Dragoon
NNID
BLAYNEproject
3DS FC
5300-9911-6250
Edit(2): Once it's April 1, let's make everything Juju themed for like a month and change the titles based on stupid **** Juju says
Waaay ahead of ya my friend.

D

Deleted member

At long last, I found some footage of Gaur Plains from GameXplain's Q&A!
The stage goes from a day to night cycle, but it seems like the Gaur Plains music does not change during night. It has some simple platforms with a giant one in the middle and there are no stage hazards. Yes, Metal Face doesn't show up here.
Thinking about it, it might get banned from tournaments since the giant opening would give advantages to those with meteor smashes.

I think that Metal Face will be a stage hazard/boss on the Wii U version. I think that he'll come out and attack from the right or left with his claws. I can't think of something in regards to killing him.

Enyalb

NNID
BLAYNEproject
3DS FC
5300-9911-6250
Thinking about it, it might get banned from tournaments since the giant opening would give advantages to those with meteor smashes..
Anything with a walk-off is banned, or in some circumstances, a counter pick.

At the very least, we do have the FD version after all, so Tournament matches with Xenoblade music in the background is still a reality. Feels good man.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I'm just hoping not everyone jumps on to "You Will Know Our Names" for every single match. Got to have variety with matches, otherwise things will start to get repetitive.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
At long last, I found some footage of Gaur Plains from GameXplain's Q&A!
The stage goes from a day to night cycle, but it seems like the Gaur Plains music does not change during night. It has some simple platforms with a giant one in the middle and there are no stage hazards. Yes, Metal Face doesn't show up here.
Thinking about it, it might get banned from tournaments since the giant opening would give advantages to those with meteor smashes.

I think that Metal Face will be a stage hazard/boss on the Wii U version. I think that he'll come out and attack from the right or left with his claws. I can't think of something in regards to killing him.
Considering he can fly, perhaps he'll fly in and cover the middle. And then you can walk over him as a new platform in the middle, and just hit him from below to cause damage.

skstylez

Smash Journeyman
I'm just hoping not everyone jumps on to "You Will Know Our Names" for every single match. Got to have variety with matches, otherwise things will start to get repetitive.
Well it hasn't gotten repetitive in the last 2 years so.. Megaman classics still sound amazing. I consider this modern classic

D

Deleted member

What would you think of an orchestral version of You Will Know Our Names?
I would love that! I am a big fan of orchestral music, especially in video games. I had chills when I first heard Throwback Galaxy's music in Super Mario Galaxy 2; Super Mario 64 defined my childhood.

That reminds me, I hope that music from Xenoblade Chronicles will make a return in X. I would love to hear a remix of You Will Know Our Names.

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
What would you think of an orchestral version of You Will Know Our Names?

I mean, it could be awesome, but the original YWKON is so good. It's a very tough act to follow. The only people I'd trust to do it justice are ACE+. Though I admit the person who did the Rainbow Road remix would probably work. Still, only a handful of people could pull it off, if you ask me. But if they got someone who can do it justice, my reaction would be more positive.

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman
I would love that! I am a big fan of orchestral music, especially in video games. I had chills when I first heard Throwback Galaxy's music in Super Mario Galaxy 2; Super Mario 64 defined my childhood.

That reminds me, I hope that music from Xenoblade Chronicles will make a return in X. I would love to hear a remix of You Will Know Our Names.
YWKON should seriously be a staple of the series. The eternal theme for Unique Monsters and epic moments in the story.

As much as I love the hell out of YWKON, I don't think it should reappear in the succeeding games. It's fun to switch it up once in a while. For all you know, maybe one of the new boss soundtracks may surpass YWKON

Last edited:

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman
As much as I love the hell out of YWKON, I don't think it should reappear in the succeeding games. It's fun to switch it up once in a while. For all you know, maybe one of the new boss soundtracks may surpass YWKON
Well, yeah, I do want a whole bunch of original music, especially considering X's composer is the guy/woman who did AoT and Kill la Kill's soundtracks so it's automatically amazing. I do think though that if any track becomes a staple, if just one, should be YWKON. Maybe not for every Unique Monster, but maybe the Superbosses.

For some reason, I remembered how the original Ace Attorney's cornered theme plays at one pivotal moment in the 3rd game of the series. Epic throwback. Note that the theme has not been used for around 3 years since its debut.

I guess YWKON could be used that way

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
New thought about Xenoblade Chronicles X. Since it's obvious that there is much higher technology being used than what we saw in Xenoblade Chronicles, what new weapon types do you think we might see because of it?

New thought about Xenoblade Chronicles X. Since it's obvious that there is much higher technology being used than what we saw in Xenoblade Chronicles, what new weapon types do you think we might see because of it?
Lightsabers because we need more Shulks in Xenoblade

Fun fact about Jedis, they have premonitions while dueling. And they hold beam swords.

Shulk is basically a Jedi. Finally, a pseudo Jedi in the Nintendoverse

Last edited:

Enyalb

NNID
BLAYNEproject
3DS FC
5300-9911-6250
Drills.

Quick edit due to Ridley sized image.

Last edited:

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Speaking of music, is Gaur Plains the "default music" for the stage? As in, when you select the stage without holding L/R.
I love "You Will Know Our Names" and all, but I think I would get tired of it. Gaur Plains on the other hand...

Enyalb

NNID
BLAYNEproject
3DS FC
5300-9911-6250
Speaking of music, is Gaur Plains the "default music" for the stage? As in, when you select the stage without holding L/R.
I love "You Will Know Our Names" and all, but I think I would get tired of it. Gaur Plains on the other hand...
I think the only known tracks so far on the 3DS version are those two and Mechanical Rhythm, which is probably a theme you can only play on smash run, but don't quote me on that.

Here's to hoping the Wii U version has more to choose from, and I'm certain it will, mainly because there's still that small Gaur Plains remix in Shulk's trailer that's not present on the 3DS version.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I think the only known tracks so far on the 3DS version are those two and Mechanical Rhythm, which is probably a theme you can only play on smash run, but don't quote me on that.

Here's to hoping the Wii U version has more to choose from, and I'm certain it will, mainly because there's still that small Gaur Plains remix in Shulk's trailer that's not present on the 3DS version.
Where's that at in the trailer? I must find it!

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Quote. :)

Those three songs are definitely in Smacks 3DS, but I was actually wondering what song plays on the Gaur Plain stage~

(As in, which song plays when you hold L/R as you select it and which song plays when you simply choose the stage w/out holding L/R.)

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Quote. :)

Those three songs are definitely in Smacks 3DS, but I was actually wondering what song plays on the Gaur Plain stage~

(As in, which song plays when you hold L/R as you select it and which song plays when you simply choose the stage w/out holding L/R.)
I didn't think that feature was in this game? I thought it was chosen at random.

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
I didn't think that feature was in this game? I thought it was chosen at random.
It's in. It even puts a red border around the stage select screen when you're holding the button.

*whispers* also check my new sig guys *slinks out through back door*

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
It's in. It even puts a red border around the stage select screen when you're holding the button.

*whispers* also check my new sig guys *slinks out through back door*
Oh well in that case @ Jae Jae I do believe guar plains is the default as that's the only track I've heard on it out of all the vids I've watched.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Literally got it six days ago but I havnt played it. I had saved up a lot for smash games, and then Nintendo did what I was going to do anyway and offered sales on some characters.

Anyway that is enough of my story.

Xenoblade seems like another Fire Emblem, a game that people really might and would be introduced to because of Smash. I knew of it before, but I know I will appreciate Shulk so much more if I play his game first.
I'm not even past the title screen, the music is gorgeous. I'm pumped guys. Cannot wait to catalogue my progress. Any tips? Anyone else in the same boat? I know others must be more interested in Shulk now than ever?

There's a Monado on my TV display, and in x number of minutes, I'll have some freaking idea what that means!

Long ago. the world was nothing more than an endless sea...

Last edited:
Literally got it six days ago but I havnt played it. I had saved up a lot for smash games, and then Nintendo did what I was going to do anyway and offered sales on some characters.

Xenoblade seems like another Fire Emblem, a game that people really might and would be introduced to because of Smash. I knew of it before, but I know I will appreciate Shulk so much more if I play his game first.
I'm not even past the title screen, the music is gorgeous. I'm pumped guys. Cannot wait to catalogue my progress. Any tips? Anyone else in the same boat? I know others must be more interested in Shulk now than ever?

There's a Monado on my TV display, and in x number of minutes, I'll have some freaking idea what that means!
It's good to know how pumped you are, but I don't think this deserves its own thread. You should post this in the Social thread

I'll leave my reply there

Don't leave Melia controlled by the A.I.

Ever

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom