• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Shulk Social : Starting to feel it!

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
The game is so long that you forget some of the things at the beginning, so it seems pretty fresh the second time through. That's how I felt anyways.
Yeah it's definitely like that. There are cut scenes popping up and I'm just like "Hey....where was that first time?". I've completely forgotten some of them.

I recognise most of the locations, so it's not quite as wonder filling but I'm still getting lost all the time. :p

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
The game is so long that you forget some of the things at the beginning, so it seems pretty fresh the second time through. That's how I felt anyways.
Also if you've beaten the game you can pick up on some interesting things you wouldn't have before
When Shulk and Reyn leave... Shulk's says "In my head, there are two versions of me. One of them is saying that. It's telling me, listen to what Dunban said." Reyn: "What about the other one?" Shulk: "It keeps shouting. Make them pay! Destroy every single one of them! And it won't stop getting louder." Reyn: "That doesn't sound like you." Well... we know who that is now, don't we?

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
Also if you've beaten the game you can pick up on some interesting things you wouldn't have before
When Shulk and Reyn leave... Shulk's says "In my head, there are two versions of me. One of them is saying that. It's telling me, listen to what Dunban said." Reyn: "What about the other one?" Shulk: "It keeps shouting. Make them pay! Destroy every single one of them! And it won't stop getting louder." Reyn: "That doesn't sound like you." Well... we know who that is now, don't we?
It's amazing how well they foreshadowed plot points so you don't think twice of it.

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Did @ AlvisCPU AlvisCPU beat All-Star?
Score's roughly 3,500,000 last time I tried. I've worked out how the score works so now it's just a matter of getting it without getting myself killed.

Man, The Last Story has this quite a bit too... and in a way it made that last plot twist all the more gut-wrenching. There were signs it would happen at the start of the game and somewhat near the midpoint, but I didn't notice. I had a clear idea of how the endgame would play out, so that twist bowled me over so damn hard.
In the first dungeon after Zael gets the Power of the Outsider, Dagran mumbles to himself "So, Count Arganan knew about this place when he..." "When he what?" "It's okay, don't worry about it."
The later when they're watching the parade, Dagran is glaring at General Asthar, remembering that at the end of the game, he reveals that General Asthar was in command of the soldiers who killed his family.
There's some more I'm sure.

After Zael and Dagran had their argument, I thought that it'd end with the rest of the party going off to fight the Gurak, we'd beat Zesha and Zepha, we'd fight Zangurak who'd put us on the brink of defeat. Then Dagran would show up, say that what he did was wrong, and we'd kick Zangurak's backside with the Power of Friendship. It mostly played out like that... mostly... :crying:

Last edited:

Zephil

Smash Ace
I can't seem to pull off perfect pivot into jab.....I end up pulling off the pivot but then if I try to jab then I end up doing a dash attack

Like this

> (start) then I do < > (dash attack)

Instead of

> (start) then <> (jab)

Anyone got any tips? T_T
I was practicing this yesterday and had the same issue.

If you do a dash attack that means you are not flicking the stick as quick as required, you have to do it even faster.

I recommend to first make sure that you are doing the pivot correctly before trying doing it with an attack.

Is easy to notice if you are doing it right or not.

If shulk turns but is in a running animation that means you are doing it wrong and you have to flick faster.
If shulk turns in a standing animation then you did it correctly.

The dash attack happens because when you do it wrong because you are in running animation even though you are not advancing. This is annoying but is also interesting for mindgames as it also works with grab so it looks like you are running to the opposite side of your opponent and then boom! a running grab to your face.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
The Last Story is a real underrated gem. Or just not that many people know about it. I was shocked when I saw a Calista trophy in Smash

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I've heard of Last Story, but i've never played it. I should consider picking it up.

Bravely Second is a game I'm nervous about only because Revo isn't in charge of the sound track anymore. I'm excited in terms of gameplay but tbh, it was actually the sound track that made me buy the game. Same reasoning applied for Xenoblade. I don't know much about the Last Story but eh. Not really interested.

Edit: I might as well change the title of the thread to "Colony 6: Get over 4 million in All-Star (Hard) for a paper clip!"

Last edited:

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
I kind of hoped Zael would be an Assist Trophy and he'd somehow draw fighters to him. TLS is a very good game. Not as good as Xenoblade, but I felt the characters and attention-to-detail were incredibly well-done. They felt and interacted like actual people would. I think it was greatly helped by the party members having casual conversations as you moved across and through fights. I miss Online mode though.

I've had Bravely Default for a while, but I'm smashing through not to try and get ready for Bravely Second. Didn't know it was a different composer for the next one, though... fingers crossed it works out.
I'm having a lot of fun with it though, and in the last couple days have had so many "stories" of entertaining things that have happened to me.

Last edited:

Zephil

Smash Ace
After I found out how much the price of Xenoblade increased after its release I got two copies of Last Story but sadly I haven't been able to play it much yet but I will in the future and I have my other copy in its new package for bragging reasons :denzel:

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Here's the new band in charge of Bravely Second

Also, Spiritmaster/Whitemage will be an INCREDIBLY important role for one of your characters. Just wait
Supercell sounds vaguely familiar, at least they sound experienced going by what Wikipedia says.
I spent tonight grinding up Spiritmaster, Arcanist and Templar to ~Lv.8 to see what they had. Want to try to get the subquest done before I go into the light pillar. I'm thinking Spiritmaster is designed to go along with White Mage because of its -25%White MP and falls a little short without it. Arcanist is hilarious with Poison Rod / Exterminator, but is pretty situational otherwise, without Black Magic. Templar seems like some ultra-bulky thing.
I've had scary amounts of success with Valkyrie / Ninja. When I'm using Utsusemi to dodge one PAtk and Jumping all the time, I practically don't die ever.

My build at the moment with maxed out asterisks and all level 99's (Plus, best gear possible imo)

Agnes (Spiritmaster/White mage): Holy one, Maximize HP [Gear is focused on mind and magic defense]
Tiz (Ninja/Pirate): Frenetic fighting, precision [Gear is focused on strength/crit]
Ringabel (Ninja/Templar): Frenetic fighting, precision [Gear is focused on strength/crit]
Edea (Ninja/Dancer): Frenetic fighting, precision [Gear is focused on strength/crit]

Zephil

Smash Ace
Supercell sounds vaguely familiar, at least they sound experienced going by what Wikipedia says.
I spent tonight grinding up Spiritmaster, Arcanist and Templar to ~Lv.8 to see what they had. Want to try to get the subquest done before I go into the light pillar. I'm thinking Spiritmaster is designed to go along with White Mage because of its -25%White MP and falls a little short without it. Arcanist is hilarious with Poison Rod / Exterminator, but is pretty situational otherwise, without Black Magic. Templar seems like some ultra-bulky thing.
I've had scary amounts of success with Valkyrie / Ninja. When I'm using Utsusemi to dodge one PAtk and Jumping all the time, I practically don't die ever.
The quest to get Vampire is very long but its worth it. Not so much for the job but mostly for the amount of information it gives from the story and world of BD

Already got the Vampire asterisk but god, it's the biggest grind to get all the genome abilities for it

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
My build at the moment with maxed out asterisks and all level 99's (Plus, best gear possible imo)

Agnes (Spiritmaster/White mage): Holy one, Maximize HP [Gear is focused on mind and magic defense]
Tiz (Ninja/Pirate): Frenetic fighting, precision [Gear is focused on strength/crit]
Ringabel (Ninja/Templar): Frenetic fighting, precision [Gear is focused on strength/crit]
Edea (Ninja/Dancer): Frenetic fighting, precision [Gear is focused on strength/crit]
Oh, nice. Same here, but with:

Ringabell (Spiritmaster/White Mage) Fast World, ... I forgot the rest q.q
Tiz (Ninja/Pirate): Frenetic fighting, precision
Edea (Ninja/Pirate): Frenetic Fighting, Precision
Agnes(Vampire/Freelancer): Try to copy the "-ka" spells with the last ability from the freelancer. it's hella funny, also got that thing which gives me magic instead of attack when I equip weapons, from the magic fencer.

I love my team. Especially this stylish ringabell... oh, and stillness kombo.

Ninja is insanely OP in Bravely Default. You can get 9999x2 damage off from one turn which pretty much gives me no reason to go pirate/samurai for that Amped strike+Free lunch strategy

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Ninja is insanely OP in Bravely Default. You can get 9999x2 damage off from one turn which pretty much gives me no reason to go pirate/samurai for that Amped strike+Free lunch strategy
Exactly this. The amped strike strategy is only better, if you use bravely second (not the game, the mode) where you trancend over the dmg limits.

I like to have one additional support like agnes for AE or great and beautiful effects/healing, which the vampire does an very good job. But still, as soon as I got the foxtail (speed axe) and the speed daggers, with fast world, I was never damaged again. Stillness is just too broken.

Last edited:
Stillness is a must at a lot of boss fights. Especially the stupid boss fight where
you fight salve-maker, summoner, black mage and conjurer all at once
Actually, I grinded for maxed out ninjas and rangers JUST because of this boss fight

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Aggh I love Bravely Default, and I can't wait till Bravely Second.
I can't remember my exact setup, but I remember it was something like this~

Agnes: Ranger/???
Ringabel: Ninja/Valkerie
Edea: ???/???
Tiz: White Mage/Salve-Maker

I'll give you a more precise list when i get home. D:
When I was playing through the game, I had a friend who gave me every skill when I Abilink'd, so i guess I kinda cheated. =w= But goooood WM/Salve combo is perfect for healing.
Also the fight @ Berserker. Berserker. mentioned. Dear lord that combo was insane. That was the only fight in the entire game that I had to go Easy mode on. /).(\

Last edited:
I went on hard mode. I honestly don't know why I went hard mode. Bragging rights, I guess. I got an Adventurer hat soo... yeah. I actually opted for Dancer/White mage instead of Spritimaster/White mage because I need the speed increase+brave generation. I'm not too keen on using hasten world (Too easy)

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I really want to go through again for NG+. Maybe not on Hard mode, but at least not using Abilink. :/ Though Abilink's not as necessary since I carried over job levels.

Did you guys ever use the Merchant job? I honestly didn't find it all that effective.

I did. I like the concept but it feels like a niche job. Pay to play is cool until you get any gear or ring that increases critical rate. White knight isn't really useful especially when Knights already have a passive similar to that. Takeover is useless. BP drink is INCREDIBLY useful if you have over a million money (I have like 4.5 million so yeah). Full/Low leverage are used at specific scenarios but honestly, I don't use them that much. Payoff.. meh

I only run merchant for the BP drink and leverage. BP drink is really good though

Edit: The thread title was changed because people actually like all star mode

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Sharla: I could really use a shower.
Reyn: Good thing I'm here, no?
Shulk: :eek:

Did I acquire a dirty mind since I last played this game?

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Sharla: I could really use a shower.
Reyn: Good thing I'm here, no?
Shulk: :eek:

Did I acquire a dirty mind since I last played this game?
Quotes that don't go together can be really great; one of my favorites that I heard a lot while grinding affinity:

Sharla/Fiora (don't remember which): Don't mess up!
Reyn: This won't take long...

Actually all the quotes in this game are golden so I guess that doesn't really say much

Reyn: When the going get going, the tough get tough!
Riki: Haha! Even Riki know that not right!
Dunban: Reyn, what are you babbling on about?

And then there was one that had Fiora and Melia telling Shulk off for being sexist XD I only ever got that once and I missed the first half of it but oh well

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
How long did it take you?

Also pls update your GSP. Mine is 385,045 right now.
About 24 minutes. Gsp is now 385947.

edit: Oh wait do you mean in total? Over the course of like 5 tries it took me over an hour.

Last edited:

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
Omg someone has to tell me this quote.
While probably not word-for-word, This is basically how it went?

Shulk: "When did you two get so tough?"
Fiora: "What? Just because we're girls means we can't be tough?"
Melia: "You have much to learn about the fairer sex Shulk."
Shulk: "*sigh* Why do I get the feeling that understanding the Monado will be easier?"
Fiora and Melia: *laughs*

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Omg someone has to tell me this quote.
Shulk: "Wow! When did you two get so strong?"
Fiora: "What? Just because we're girls we're meant to be wimps?"
Melia: "Quite. You have a lot to learn about the fairer sex, Shulk"
Shulk: "Uhh... why do I get the feeling mastering the Monado is going to be easier?"
Fiora: *Laugh*
Melia: *Laugh*

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
That was slightly underwhelming~

But thanks for transcribing it for me! :D

The quote from the game I liked the most was with Dunban, Shulk and Melia/Sharla

Shulk: Hey Melia, you should teach me how to use Ether sometime.
Dunban: Is that how it is? Giving up the sword already!
Shulk: N-no no! It's not like that!

Top Bottom