• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
ALL VIDEOS ARE UPLOADED ONTO YOUTUBE.

Now, it's just a matter when they process. There should be 16.

15 and 16 comprise the ALL CLOCKS set! Random characters on Halberd, Clocks set on Very High...it's insane!! You've gotta see it!

Suoinegni

Smash Apprentice
Great as usual. Even though I like Shadow and Silver (blaspheemer?), I liked the Knuckles rant. It's funny because it's true!

As numerous people have said earlier, it was difficult to hear during the videos, but it did get better later on... or maybe I just got used to it? Oh well, it'll turn out better next time... if there is one. All clocks match was epic.

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
Yeah, we made a balance mistake, and since it's the first time we've done a video podcast, hopefully this rookie mistake can be ignored. But there's nothing that can be done about it. I apologize if this ruins the video for you - but you know, we were trying to give you two hours of footage with live reactions...sorry...

Anyway, the audio-only episode is blogged.
So, no fix? Aww, that makes me sad.

And annoyed. Next time, please do a test run for balance checks, like, record a match and you guys talking again until you get it right.

Zek

Smash Ace
You guys give Yoshi no respect. His honor has been stained for two games straight but his time has come, just you wait and see.

Tyrael64

Smash Journeyman
The sound balance is really terrible. The TV is far too loud, and as a result, I can't actually hear any of your commentary at all. This makes me sad.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Ah, it's great so see the guys you hear all the time on the podcast finally playing! Other than that though... well, I had to turn the sound nearly completely off so it won't hurt my ears lol. But still nice of you that you tried, I'm sure it'll be better the more expierience you have with it. :)

Revven

FrankerZ
All Clocks was epic.
Agreed. I loved it how every second there was a moment where they were about to clash and Youko would hit SP anyway. :laugh:

Oh and how long it took them to get back to the stage. You know what they should've done? Slow-mo, Light Gravity, and All Clocks and see how that would fair. :laugh: :laugh: (Try it next time).

Metal B

Smash Journeyman
The sound balance is really terrible. The TV is far too loud, and as a result, I can't actually hear any of your commentary at all. This makes me sad.
Yeah thats right, i dont understand you guys talking ... the TV is just too loud =/

SmashBrosLover3918

Smash Journeyman
ENOUGH ALREADY! GOD!
Youko has said and already knows that the tv was to loud. as it says on every video, this was their first video podcast, he's apologized, so enough with the "the t.v.'s too loud."

The next will probably be 10X better, but if hes going to get flammed for trying, he might not do it again!
/yelling.

SirPenguin

Smash Journeyman
Lots of posts stating "Wow, the sound is horrible" is no different than lots of posts stating, "Wow, great podcast." He knows both already, and lots of people before you said them.

We're not insulting them, just stating a fact that is annoying. I'm sure the next video will be better, but if he doesn't realize that a lot of people were turned off by the sound problems, then he might not make it a priority next time.

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
Lots of posts stating "Wow, the sound is horrible" is no different than lots of posts stating, "Wow, great podcast." He knows both already, and lots of people before you said them.

We're not insulting them, just stating a fact that is annoying. I'm sure the next video will be better, but if he doesn't realize that a lot of people were turned off by the sound problems, then he might not make it a priority next time.
He has stated that he made a mistake.

okiyama

Smash Ace
I totally saw Youko clapping with one hand live.

It was awesome.
But kinda weird he just like flails his hand in this specific way that makes a... certain sound.
Also I played against Panda and Youko, Panda freaked out a few times from being killed for dumb reasons and Youko is better than he was in Melee(sorry, tis' just the truth).

SmashBrosLover3918

Smash Journeyman

It was awesome.
But kinda weird he just like flails his hand in this specific way that makes a... certain sound.
Also I played against Panda and Youko, Panda freaked out a few times from being killed for dumb reasons and Youko is better than he was in Melee(sorry, tis' just the truth).

he needs to make a video of that on youtube, I want to see that.

...but it looks like Panda kicks his azz at Brawl.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero

It was awesome.
Generally I don't get that worked up when playing games. But when I wait for 45 minutes to get a single game in and I die due to random/stupid/silly things? Yeah, I'll have an outburst or two :D

I'm working on hopefully fixing our setup so we can record matches and talk at the same time, as well as maybe upping the quality of the camera as well. We don't know when we'll get another hands-on experience, so don't get your hopes up. Also, tons of props to Youko for those videos. It took him all day to edit the videos, get the audio to synch, etc. since we had so many technical difficulties.

Vayseth

Smash Master
Not bad guys! It's pretty good for a first try right? Hopefully we can get another one going this week. If you can't wait that long, COME TO GET YOUR GAME ON! =D

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
those were some nice matches, i especially enjoyed the duel pokemon trainer one were panda owned with charizard. i can't wait to try him.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Panda destroys me at Melee and has shown dominance over me in Brawl.

The contrary is certainly NOT true.

And I guess people need to read video info more on Youtube, because I apologize about the balance on, oh...EVERY VIDEO.

tvieth01

Smash Cadet
Nice. I agree. Knuckles diserves more than a little "running guy?" "make him a f'ing assist trophy" I totally agree. And silver. Silver! Who the f is silver. Sakurai come on.

BlackKnight76

Smash Apprentice
OMG TV TOO LOUD AND STUFFS!!

j/k guys, thanks for all the vids, it was an honest mistake

I also used a Rock Band mic in my roster recording a few weeks ago, it works well IMO

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
A good, albeit shortened podcast this week. It's all good, even if the audio quality on the videos was kinda low. But who cares?! All clocks!

Also, I remember two weeks ago Panda being like, "Eh, nobody cares about DK in Brawl" Well, not to say you were sleeping on him or anything, but at the latest NYC weekly Bum, probably the most beastly DK in Melee, showed just how amazingly buffed DK's been in NYC.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pZraz_EA-rg
http://youtube.com/watch?v=tHxqAiUP6Xc
http://youtube.com/watch?v=WG-DHsS-zfw

Sorry for the low quality and the sound. There was ALOT of beer. >_>

tvieth01

Smash Cadet
what about how sakurai says nana wanders off... smyn said that "nana is a hore" ps. nice dancing wadle-dees

Regiwi

Smash Journeyman
Panda destroys me at Melee and has shown dominance over me in Brawl.

The contrary is certainly NOT true.

And I guess people need to read video info more on Youtube, because I apologize about the balance on, oh...EVERY VIDEO.
Well nice videos anyway, you thinking of maybe doing a commentary over the top of the sound for a couple of the videos you got on there already? Would be cool to hear, also, I was wondering how badly at the moment you think Slipping will effect the game, I'm not a competetive player as such, but I'm really hoping it won't be a frequent occurance.

DQP

Smash Ace
shadow is more badass, he deserves to be an assist trophy. sorry samuraipanda, i'm not a knuckles fan, i never was, and i never will be

Banzai_Kitten

Smash Cadet
Knuckles is cool but I think Sakurai made a good decision when he decided Shadow for AT because Chaos Control is awesome and I don't know what they would've made Knuckles do. But, I think aside from his cameo, Knuckles would've been a good PC especially with Wall cling and Glide. Tails would've made a good AT who would fly your character around like he did with Sonic. Silver, WTF Sakurai.

Top Bottom